PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Taunt needs to guarantee aggro.

Ellyidol
08-28-2011, 01:22 AM
I know we have like 4 aggro skills, but I don't think they stack 'Taunt'. Just basing off experience here.

I was at a Guardian group earlier, I had a 2x damage pot on, but my Taunt skills just wouldn't pull off an Operative (no damage pot) aggro. At times it would, but I believe that the Op probably just stopped using skills for awhile.

Taunt should guarantee the aggro, IMO. Anyone else's experience?

Zbooo
08-28-2011, 01:37 AM
That's really weird, I remember a few guardian runs that I (engineer) will pull aggro for a quick sec then the commando would taunt and it went back to him... Never seen an op pull aggro unless the op isn't debuffing at all.

Ellyidol
08-28-2011, 01:39 AM
Yeah my first impression was that Taunt already did give 100% aggro, but I realized that I must have been in a slower group because it took awhile to take down Guardian.

When I moved to a seemingly faster groups though, Ops seem to be able to take aggro quite easily over and over. I try to 'stack' my Taunt skills, doesn't work. One by one to permanently keep aggro on me, doesn't either, it likes to stick to that Op.

Weird :(

Zbooo
08-28-2011, 01:43 AM
Yeah those ops are pure damage skills.... no debuffs, ill look more into it.

Ellyidol
08-28-2011, 01:47 AM
Yeah those ops are pure damage skills.... no debuffs, ill look more into it.

Coolio. Despite that though, shouldn't Taunt trump damage when it comes to aggro? If pure damage Ops already out-aggro Taunt now, how much more in the future :o

Kakatoa91
08-28-2011, 04:45 AM
My op always take aggro at least once in guardian runs using full time skills or not even with 2 good coms.

As I see now, the guardian aggro all the team once, theres more thrill like that, no?
So not sure if u guarantee the 100% succeed taunt is a good idea. The play would be just '"too static"' and less fun I think for others.

Ellyidol
08-28-2011, 04:47 AM
True true, that would call for higher skill levels = higher chances of taunt? Not 100%, but higher with every level. I can see how it might breed complacency and 'laziness'.

themars
08-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Haha,
With my com i can most of the time taking agro. I think u should max taunt skills to have the best effect cause coms need to tank and safe the others.

But I agree with ellyidol that getting agro and KEEP it, is very hard. I just keep spamming skills and that works fine for me the only disadvantage is I need to take 30 mana packs for one guardian run :(

Gl with mastering ur commando!

kamikazees
08-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Elly, I think you're on to something. I have run Guardian dozens of times with my operative and I'm always stealing aggro regardless of the other classes. I have made it a point to carry 23 pots when I start a Guardian run, and always having an engineer. Most of the time I get to him having used very few or none. Then I will spam pots fighting him as I steal aggro, sometimes using every single one of them.