PDA

View Full Version : *sigh*

Jespo
08-28-2011, 12:19 PM
It is just so saddening that SL is such a great game and every party I end up in just doesn't know how to play.. I'm no pro myself but I'm not a tank either. The tanks I end up with usually do nothing but sit in the back of the group. Another thing that happens to me is that some random noob just runs in and pulls a crap load of mobs out and gets the whole party killed. I need people who know what they are doing. Otherwise I can't play. I refuse to be in a dungeon where I die one time after the other due to the failure of some random person just pulling mobs out and then saying "we got this". It's just weird how I've only been in groups that just seem to fail miserably. I haven't been playing long but I have been on non stop since last night. So far almost everyone I've played with has failed in my eyes. There are the few that just destroyed. These are members of my guild and SOME and only SOME members of other guilds.

Punktate
08-28-2011, 12:26 PM
The tanks are most likely staying back because theyve run out of potions on other runs. We cant tank like on PL yet, not enough money.

Conradin
08-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Lol I don't quite have the game down yet Jesp =P sorry. But remember were all just learning- so it different. Also unlike in PL, the mobs are way harder so we can't just rush in and fight. Also We cant pound pots..

Punktate
08-28-2011, 12:33 PM
im on iOS so im right there withya, the lack of pots really effects gameplay. We need either an increase in cash flow or the pot prices need to be nerfed

Justg
08-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Chill on the trolling, and teach the children to play the game well.

thequickone
08-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Howdy! :)

I have been in a few groups in recent memory that were just not cohesive or functional, no matter how hard they tried. In fairness, the lack of cohesion was part my fault, too (we're all in this together), because I had my own ideas of what the group SHOULD be doing and where the group SHOULD be going. We all finally decided that we had no chance of taking on the Guardian, and disbanded.

However, the above experience is definitely not the norm. I have been in far more groups that function anywhere from just fine to absolutely magical! Those groups are a blast, and more than make up for the occasional bummer run. When you find yourself in a great run, don't forget to send friend requests. That way, you have a better chance of running with those players again, and meeting their friends!

I have one character of each class (see sig), each currently at level 25. I think I am a quite capable player, and am fair with Com and Op, but believe I really excel as an Eng (my main). I am not reckless with any class, but am also not afraid to die (long since came to terms with not being on the LBs). Add me in game and invite me along on some runs! I live in the San Francisco Bay Area in CA, USA, and am usually on for a few hours each day starting at about 9 PM, Pacific Daylight Time.

Laters! :)

Conradin
08-28-2011, 01:44 PM
I think it is just that you aren't at the higher game level yet. Say 20+, and players dont fully get it yet.

Ill be on to run with you tonight http://g.imagefra.me/8dbi1698.gif

superglut2
08-28-2011, 01:52 PM
sl is so much harder then pl, no gold, no pots. basically i had to skill that healing spell to lvl 6 cause i cant afford potions. they rarely drop, like 1-2 per round for me MAX. kinda annoys me.

Jespo
08-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Sure con im up for that. And thank you g for deleting everything.

Nightarcher
08-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I've played with many good teams while farming Guardian where nobody drops below half health, and I've played with many terrible teams who all die immediately. In conclusion, it doesn't seem much different from PL. :)

My goal is to make the ultimate tanking Commando, as I love crowd-control and stopping people from dying.

Register
08-28-2011, 03:05 PM
hehe I bet u hate me...Know my commando? yeah, I usually stay in the back if I am out of pots or taking MASSIVE ( I mean MASSIVE) damage. I do that to try to shake off any aggro that I pulled from a distance. But that usually only happens when the group is off standing 20 meters behind me....Its pretty hard tanking in SL...

P.S: Try fighting guardian with No potions AT ALL while having no engineers. xD.

Breadkeeper
08-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Im noticing alot of players going back to PL because SL is to "hard" for them.... chuckle.

I love how this game is harder and makes you actually play your char. When (im) running around in PL half asleep with a drink in one hand and food in the other, using my nose or feet to play (it) makes me think that maybe the game is to easy..

STS Dont change a thing, Keep making SL the awesome game it is, and please dont nerf it to appease to the masses of people that all want handouts.

Punktate
08-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Im noticing alot of players going back to PL because SL is to "hard" for them.... chuckle.

I love how this game is harder and makes you actually play your char. When (im) running around in PL half asleep with a drink in one hand and food in the other, using my nose or feet to play (it) makes me think that maybe the game is to easy..

STS Dont change a thing, Keep making SL the awesome game it is, and please dont nerf it to appease to the masses of people that all want handouts.
Make potions a little cheaper until we can afford to pay the 1.5k. 2-3c drops just arent enough.

Nightarcher
08-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Yeah I agree, the challenge and difficulty level is good where it is. Now just let me transfer my 600+ platinum to SL and we're good...

Conradin
08-28-2011, 07:19 PM
ehh i dont want potion price nerfed- it keeps people from ammassing credits and keeps items cheaper for all. Do a few quests and you'll have enough to start with, then you can farm them at a high enough lvl. If im in the recommended lvls i don't need pots (im a engie =)) and I didnt buy the 30 plat starter thing our potions or credits with plat.

noobmigo
08-28-2011, 07:25 PM
As an operative, some of these comments are whacking my nuts. Sure, I absolutely do not want to, and have not adapted PL/SL yet, and that is my problem number 1, but I'm slowly dying less and less. The problem is, as an operative, you have to guzzle health stims, because your armor is so low, and you sometimes draw a lot of aggro because of the damage. You ALSO need to guzzle energy because a couple unloads means you're out of mana. We are pot dealers dream customers. Sure, kiting may help, but most of these enemies are ranged.

Perhaps it's just me and my slow adaptation though. :/ Sorry.

Punktate
08-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Items will stay low priced because at this point, theyre all easy to obtain. There aren't any legendary or rare equipment yet, so the prices of other items wouldnt rise if potions were lowered. It's hard to fully enjoy the game when you die every few seconds.

Breadkeeper
08-28-2011, 07:58 PM
My suggestion may come off as harsh but maybe people need to learn to play better. Learn what skills use loads of Mana, and dont spam them unless absolutley needed, run with a good engie, that keeps the team buffed, you do know that a engie can buff your team with +1 regen right? Run with a engie that is more concerned with watching the "Teams" health bars and not his own, as a engie i dont geal myself with my heal spells, i save them for the team, if i pull all agro and am dieing i usually pot my way to health, rather then wasting my heal spells on myself. (Also use Leech to keep myself healed so i can save my heal spells for team). Also watch for people selling stims, i have over 3k each stim, i buy from people that farm them. Can usually get health at 10c a stim and power at even cheaper. Heck, i think i bought 1k power stims for 4k the other day. And no i didnt buy credits with plat. All earned through playing and farming. Sometimes if im bored, ill run a low level map solo, can usually get 25 stims in around 4 runs. Not to mention the credit drops you get from solo chests.

Anyways i think ive given out a fair few options for not wasting stims, and also farming credits and stims. (Side note- when farming stims in low lvls, choose a map that has a secret door for your class to open. Usually 3 chests behind them, and solo that can end up meaning around 30 extra credits.)

Flowman
08-28-2011, 08:22 PM
As an operative, some of these comments are whacking my nuts. Sure, I absolutely do not want to, and have not adapted PL/SL yet, and that is my problem number 1, but I'm slowly dying less and less. The problem is, as an operative, you have to guzzle health stims, because your armor is so low, and you sometimes draw a lot of aggro because of the damage. You ALSO need to guzzle energy because a couple unloads means you're out of mana. We are pot dealers dream customers. Sure, kiting may help, but most of these enemies are ranged.

Perhaps it's just me and my slow adaptation though. :/ Sorry.

lvl 6 in that hp/mana regen skill will save you hundreds until you get to higher lvls/more money to spend.
Then just respec the 6 points out into something else.

McBain
08-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Yeah, a little tougher to tank as a commando in SL than as a bear in PL, but I always try to keep a good rhythm going. I hate it when people blindly rush into mobs too, so sometimes I might hesitate a little if I can't tell whether everyone's ready or not, but if all systems are go, I'll always jump into the action and try to knock mobs down (not scatter them!) and pull aggro as much as possible. Newer players I think are always worried about dying. It doesn't matter if you die a million times, although if you get yourself killed every 5 seconds it obviously doesn't do your party any good. I'm still relatively new to SL (though played PL a bunch), and I'm just level 15 at the moment, but I think I hold my own. Don't know what level you are, but if you or anyone else want a commando to run with, feel free to add me. My character name is the same as my forum name: McBain.

Regarding stim packs, I'm not in a guild, but from what I understand, you can get them at a discount from the guild hall if you join one.

SpaceGhost
08-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I came over to SL from PL on the first day of android beta. I juust wanted to say that it take a bit of menuvering to keep potions and creds but last post was very good and true. Its similar to pl but you must understand that they are different games and have to adjust accordingly. it was hard at first but now I hardly die when doing runs because im so adept to this game! just LvL up and learn the game!!

kateku
08-30-2011, 02:24 AM
The game is hard with less potions drop and expensive pots, less money earn.

The tanks cant tank long with engineer not healing. They must keep healing for tank to survive as they dont have enough pots.

Lets wait till the system change or longer playtime, it will be better. xD

LegalShet
08-30-2011, 03:07 AM
The game is hard with less potions drop and expensive pots, less money earn.

The tanks cant tank long with engineer not healing. They must keep healing for tank to survive as they dont have enough pots.

Lets wait till the system change or longer playtime, it will be better. xD

That's what ENG's are suppose to do o.o

BUT i agree with SpaceGhost
Im an ENG and my team hardly dies unless someone brings more mobs then we can handle
but thats in every game not just SL -_-

Fatpigwarrior
08-30-2011, 03:10 AM
I'd like to play with you.......
Most of my parties get wiped out also, I feel I'm the only one in party that understands how to play....
I taught someone the basics before and it isn't that easy :/

Blind
08-30-2011, 04:22 AM
I've played with many good teams while farming Guardian where nobody drops below half health, and I've played with many terrible teams who all die immediately. In conclusion, it doesn't seem much different from PL. :)

My goal is to make the ultimate tanking Commando, as I love crowd-control and stopping people from dying.
Joking right? U were holding back in uncharted while i was tanking those big green bugs with my op, and when i asked u to step it up cause u r a tank, u said 'tanks need good support and we don't have an engineer' and when i said that it's just an excuse, u bailed.

Seriously, i find it really funny how people act different on forums and in the game.

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 04:31 AM
Joking right? U were holding back in uncharted while i was tanking those big green bugs with my op, and when i asked u to step it up cause u r a tank, u said 'tanks need good support and we don't have an engineer' and when i said that it's just an excuse, u bailed.

Seriously, i find it really funny how people act different on forums and in the game.

No offense, but I would do the same though.. No engineer would mean I'd spend a couple of tens of pots for one bug if I tank it directly. Too costly, IMO. Kiting it though, different story. Unfortunate truth :p

I try to taunt it away and kite it, especially that slow taunt skill, love it against roaches, unfortunately they don't always take aggro though :(

Formora
08-30-2011, 05:14 AM

I don't know if you've played a Commando or not, but you have to realize it's not that easy to tank. They're not as tough as bears in PL (without increase mass in effect they essentially only have around 100 armor more than ops), but they are given range to kite with. If he chooses to take advantage of his range while you as an Op want to tank, believe it or not that's your problem. No reason to call him out for being strategic, I've seen much worse commandos. And yes I totally agree that an Engineer is needed for that map.

Cahaun
08-30-2011, 06:08 AM
hehe I bet u hate me...Know my commando? yeah, I usually stay in the back if I am out of pots or taking MASSIVE ( I mean MASSIVE) damage. I do that to try to shake off any aggro that I pulled from a distance. But that usually only happens when the group is off standing 20 meters behind me....Its pretty hard tanking in SL...

P.S: Try fighting guardian with No potions AT ALL while having no engineers. xD.
Lol. Try fighting the gaurdian as the only engineer with all ops x.x

Acyer
08-30-2011, 06:12 AM
Jespo add my commando name is zero. I will show how a tank is supposed to be played.

Also if a commando has only a 100 more armor than a op something is wrong. I have 442 armor unbuffed. And most op and engineer deaths are because they run ahead or try to be tanks.

Flowman
08-30-2011, 06:24 AM
I don't know if you've played a Commando or not, but you have to realize it's not that easy to tank. They're not as tough as bears in PL (without increase mass in effect they essentially only have around 100 armor more than ops), but they are given range to kite with. If he chooses to take advantage of his range while you as an Op want to tank, believe it or not that's your problem. No reason to call him out for being strategic, I've seen much worse commandos. And yes I totally agree that an Engineer is needed for that map.
ehh it's pretty easy to tank. The 'without increase mass' thing doesn't really matter, because the fact is you have the skill at your disposal. I get up to like 700+ armor with eng buff and increase mass. With multiple knock down skills, it's easy to keep mobs off of you. With multiple AOE skills, it's easy to dispatch a large group. I used to have a point in that health regen skill, and I'm like 90% sure the regen was like 13hp/second at just level 1. Commandos also have the most health, topping out over 400.

So yeah, it's easy to tank and survive. Why do you think the top 5 KDR commandos are all so high? My commando has 0 deaths and I don't play like a sissy. The problem is people are scared to use health pots if needed, and blame the engineers if they die. Sure the engineers should probably heal more. Hell I hardly have anyone die on me when I'm using my engineer because the second I can cast empathy, I cast it. I use transference whenever there's mobs around. This game isn't hard.

Formora
08-30-2011, 06:43 AM
ehh it's pretty easy to tank. The 'without increase mass' thing doesn't really matter, because the fact is you have the skill at your disposal. I get up to like 700+ armor with eng buff and increase mass. With multiple knock down skills, it's easy to keep mobs off of you. With multiple AOE skills, it's easy to dispatch a large group. I used to have a point in that health regen skill, and I'm like 90% sure the regen was like 13hp/second at just level 1. Commandos also have the most health, topping out over 400.

So yeah, it's easy to tank and survive. Why do you think the top 5 KDR commandos are all so high? My commando has 0 deaths and I don't play like a sissy. The problem is people are scared to use health pots if needed, and blame the engineers if they die. Sure the engineers should probably heal more. Hell I hardly have anyone die on me when I'm using my engineer because the second I can cast empathy, I cast it. I use transference whenever there's mobs around. This game isn't hard.

I think you missed the point here. We are talking about the giant bug in uncharted ruins here, not just a group of soft mobs that any commando could kill. There is a big difference between tanking the two. I just tried the bug in uncharted with my commando, granted he has crap gear that gives him just over 300 armor, I couldn't take 4 hits from the bug without increase mass and protection. Can the bug even be knocked down? I don't think so. Vigor at level one gives 5 h/s btw. So why don't you do the same, and tell us how you tanked it so easily? Without increase mass of course since it doesn't matter according to you.

Honestly I don't know why you think I'm questioning your commando skills. All I'm saying is that someone shouldn't be called out for not tanking a pretty hard miniboss when no engineer was around.

Acyer
08-30-2011, 06:53 AM
I think you missed the point here. We are talking about the giant bug in uncharted ruins here, not just a group of soft mobs that any commando could kill. There is a big difference between tanking the two. I just tried the bug in uncharted with my commando, granted he has crap gear that gives him just over 300 armor, I couldn't take 4 hits from the bug without increase mass and protection. Can the bug even be knocked down? I don't think so. Vigor at level one gives 5 h/s btw. So why don't you do the same, and tell us how you tanked it so easily? Without increase mass of course since it doesn't matter according to you.

Don't think he missed the point. I don't use increase mass and still have no trouble tanking the vular bugs. the key is too make sure you have enough stims because thier first attack is the worst part after that its tank and spank.

Also heres a tip if you use singularity and knock him back he gets weaker or seems like it to me.

Formora
08-30-2011, 06:59 AM
Don't think he missed the point. I don't use increase mass and still have no trouble tanking the vular bugs. the key is too make sure you have enough stims because thier first attack is the worst part after that its tank and spank.

Exactly, which is why someone who doesn't want to spend too many pots would stay back and kite. You did miss my entire point, I am saying that there is nothing wrong with kiting, and a commando shouldn't be blamed for it. Sure I could tank if I wanted to sacrifice some stims.

Acyer
08-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Exactly, which is why someone who doesn't want to spend too many pots would stay back and kite. You did miss my entire point, I am saying that there is nothing wrong with kiting, and a commando shouldn't be blamed for it. Sure I could tank if I wanted to sacrifice some stims.

Ok if your kiting and you have aggro then cool. But if your running around and the engineer tanking then ya need to reroll classes. I know its hard to get stims but dont play ur class wrong it makes everyone else look bad.

Formora
08-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Ok if your kiting and you have aggro then cool. But if your running around and the engineer tanking then ya need to reroll classes. I know its hard to get stims but dont play ur class wrong it makes everyone else look bad.

Yes, and that is why commandoes have so many taunt skills.

Shall we leave it at that? I don't want to argue anymore, obviously some people have different opinions on what a commando should and should not do, so we can just agree to disagree.

Acyer
08-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Yes, and that is why commandoes have so many taunt skills.

Shall we leave it at that? I don't want to argue anymore, obviously some people have different opinions on what a commando should and should not do, so we can just agree to disagree.

No worries bro.

Navygreen
08-30-2011, 09:11 AM
It's just weird how I've only been in groups that just seem to fail miserably.

LOL that was funny..

Well the game just released on iOS so i'm sure it will be a while before everyone grasps the concept and the correct ways to work as a team.. I say just have patience, work with ppl the best you can and just make sure you're doing your job the best that you can. :)

mycroftxxx
08-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Is this a joke, guys? I solo the lobsters in Uncharted Ruins with both commando and operative. Yes, it's hard—and it burns a few pots (though not nearly as many as you guys claim)—but it's totally doable. The problem people run into most often, IME, is that they wake up the other lobster next to it, or the moledogs on the other path, at the same time. This can usually be avoided with better fire control (in particular, more careful use of AOEs and careful aiming during push attacks).

Formora
08-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Is this a joke, guys? I solo the lobsters in Uncharted Ruins with both commando and operative. Yes, it's hard—and it burns a few pots (though not nearly as many as you guys claim)—but it's totally doable. The problem people run into most often, IME, is that they wake up the other lobster next to it, or the moledogs on the other path, at the same time. This can usually be avoided with better fire control (in particular, more careful use of AOEs and careful aiming during push attacks).

Nobody said it wasn't doable, just not worth the pots. Please don't bring this up again.