PDA

View Full Version : How to Play a Engineer (Guide)

Vitrox
08-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Hello players of Star Legends.

This guide is about the Engineer class. Before i start with the guide, i want you all to know that the Engineer class is not about damage. It's about keeping your team alive with you buffs/shields/heals. It's a nice class to choose because off the survivability.

Table of Contents
- Skills
- Stats & Priority
- Items, Armor and Weapons
- Rotation

Skills
- Wither - lvl. 2
This is the first skill you get as a Engi.
This will put a debuff on the target wich causes Damage over Time (DoT) wich will tic every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.

- Leech - lvl. 3
This is a skill wich of part of your rotation as a Engi. Try to keep it up the whole fight because it will heal you for every tic it does on your target.
This skill will tic every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. Though that it has a 15 sec. CD it is a nice skill wich will help you survive when you're fighting on your own.

- Empathy - lvl. 4
This a skill you will use alot as a Engi. It will will heal your team for 9 sec. and tics every 3 sec. It has a 8 sec. CD so you can spam it alot.
Though that your team members need to be in a 8 meter range it is very effective.

- Revive - lvl. 6
This is a very great skill you get when you are a Engineer. It will Revive dead group members but also has a buff. That means it will also be effective when you cast it when everyones alive. But if you are in a hard fight. Don't use it because there will always be a chance that team members die.

- Force Shield - lvl. 8
This is a self-buff wich will put a shield on you for a long time. Will break when you take alot of damage. The shield will also at Mana p. Second at higher levels wich makes it a good skill to use when you're low on mana.

- Suppression - lvl. 10
Stuns 2 or more mobs for 6 seconds. The stun will break when the mobs are taking damage. Good to use when soloing some mobs.

- Protection - lvl. 13
This skill is a team shield wich will put a shield buff on your team members for 2 minutes. Wich makes it very good. Use it at beginning of the battle.

- Transferrence - lvl 16.
Area of Effect (AoE) attack. Enemies around the infected mob will take large AoE damage. Has a repeat tick wich will also heal team members. Good skill to use at boss battles or big encounters. Watch out for aggro though.

- Pain - lvl. 20
Instant damage + stuns the mob for 3 seconds. Makes the target a living bomb, when exploded the mobs around will take AoE damage, wich makesit a good attack to use with big encounters.

- Sonic Boom - lvl. 24
6 Meter Range AoE attack. Massive damage but loooong (30 sec) recharge time.

Stats and Priority.

This piece of Content will show the stat priority of the Engineer.

INT > Mana > Hit % > Regen > DPS > Armor

Armor, Weapons and Implants.

Armor: Your priority as a Engineer is to wear armor wich will add Mana/health. Mostly mana because you wont be tanking. But when you think you have enough Mana but you're dying fast. Try to cut some mana off and get some Health.

Weapons: Try to take the weapons wich will add more mana then health because you'll need it to heal and buff. Remember: Your role is too heal the team members and do a bit of damage when you feel like.

Implants: Only got one thing to say on this: Take the Implants wich will give INT. That's the only thing a engineer needs.

Rotation

Solo: Force Shield (Start of Fight) > Empathy (Keep it up at all times) > Leech > Wither > Pain and Suppression when it gets too much.
Team: Protection (At Start) > Empathy (Keep up at all times) > Force Shield > Leech > Wither > Pain and Suppression when it gets too much.
When fighting big pulls you can also use Transferrence, Pain, Sonic Boom and Suppression when you feel like. It will help your team very much :)
------------------------
Well i hope you al liked this Guide. Though that it's not finished yet i would like your comments and points to improve it.
More content comming soon.

Greetings,
Vitrox

kamikazees
08-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Good guide, but maybe it should be moved to the guides section?

Also, I don't think most of us would use Force Shield at the start of a fight. It is likely to break too quickly. Maybe you can kite better than I can, though.

Vitrox
08-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Good guide, but maybe it should be moved to the guides section?

Also, I don't think most of us would use Force Shield at the start of a fight. It is likely to break too quickly. Maybe you can kite better than I can, though.

When you use it at the beginning, you will have some time to put DoTs on Your target. And thanks, I asked if it could be in the guide section but i haven't got an answer back yet.

Breadkeeper
08-29-2011, 03:29 PM
There is already a better guide for engies out there. sorry. Maybe a quick search, and a added contribution to the thread already made.

noneo
08-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Hey Vitrox, nice guide!

If you would like, I would be glad to have you collaborate with me on my guide (Engineer's Survival Guide), and would be happy to add you as an author of the post.

Let me know!