PDA

View Full Version : Just a little question looking for feedback

Wilddar
08-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Hey Pocket Legends Fans and Pocket Legends Owners,

I was wondering has Spacetime Studios ever thought of making the community more helpful? What I mean by this is, has Spacetime studios ever thought of incorporating player moderators in the game? This will make the game even more kid friendly, and it will also stop all those rule breakers out there. What do you guys think on this topic?

SUPAPRODIGY
08-28-2011, 03:34 PM
I support this idea simply because we need chat moderators simply the chat filter does not know all the ways people can get away with and us as players nominated by spacetimeStudios to be chat mods would help alot by keeping the community clean and safe for everyone

Agree with this idea....

Wilddar
08-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the support, I just thought it would keep the community great, and also it would give Spacetime studios a break.

Siejo
08-28-2011, 04:13 PM
They do have something like this in place known as Guardians of Alterra. These individuals have been selected by STS and they are basically players who have dedicated themselves to helping others out and trying to keep the peace in Alterra. They don't have any special ban or suspend powers though.

Wilddar
08-28-2011, 05:29 PM
So ya those seem to be what I suggested. Thanks for the information. :)

Swimmingstar
08-28-2011, 05:33 PM
hmmm they should have like STS workers who moderate the game and can ban and stuff basically it's a job they should have

Wilddar
08-28-2011, 05:37 PM
That's true, I wonder how one is picked as a guardian, anyone have any ideas? :) Thank you all for your wonderful feedback.

Siejo
08-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Ask and you shall receive!!! :semi-twins:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19028-Become-a-%91Guardian-of-Alterra%92-and-Earn-a-Highly-Exclusive-Community-Shield!

Corpser
08-28-2011, 06:30 PM
moderators = bad idea

firstly this has been suggested multiple time i think ive seen one who did it and they were flamed someone said they just want to be a moderator.
we dont really need them we do have a report button.
you can also report things to support. any swearing is quickly dealt with by a dev by a perma ban!

players do get angry and a few moderators would abuse there privliges.

Tvis
08-28-2011, 06:33 PM
moderators = bad idea

firstly this has been suggested multiple time i think ive seen one who did it and they were flamed someone said they just want to be a moderator.
we dont really need them we do have a report button.
you can also report things to support. any swearing is quickly dealt with by a dev by a perma ban!

players do get angry and a few moderators would abuse there privliges.

Agreed. It's too easy to have someone get angry because another player banned him/her. It would just cause an uprage. Anything that ban doesn't catch, you can tell the devs or just report the player.

Wilddar
08-28-2011, 06:49 PM
I see your points, thanks for the feedback guys!

Siejo
08-28-2011, 06:49 PM
They can and have retracted guardian status. They keep an eye on abusers.

Corpser
08-28-2011, 06:53 PM
yes but the damage could already be done e.g your best freind is chosen as moderator he gets angry perma bans you. how would you feel? honestly id never play agian.

Siejo
08-28-2011, 06:55 PM
That is prolly why only devs can ban. A safety measure.

Wilddar
08-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Valid points guys, I sure wouldn't play again if my friend banned me.