PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Skill Changes

kamikazees
08-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Some skill change suggestions.

Nebula, Wither, Leech, Flames of Insanity, Psychic Lash: These skills could do a little less damage but ignore armor. This solution balances the skills and makes them useful for either regular enemies or bosses.

Increase Mass: This skill could reduce damage by a % instead of simply adding armor. That will allow the skill to keep up with ever-increasing armor rates.

Growing Rage: This skill could last 5 seconds and recharge in 20. Same ratio, but players would be more likely to use it instead of fearing the 60 second cooldown.

Empathy: If Empathy is already active when cast, this skill could give 1 tick of instant healing instead of simply resetting the timer. That would allow simultaneous casts to compliment each other and also encourage strategic casting.

Revive: The cost and range of this skill could stay the same, but points in this skill could instead revive characters with 10% and up to 60% hp/mana depending on skill level. This change would encourage support engineers putting more points into the skill.

Protection: If Protection is already active when cast, this skill could add a 5 second buff that reverses the next single damage taken by a character, and instead heals that character for 10 and up to 60 hit points depending on skill level. This change would allow multiple casts of the skill to compliment each other.

Sonic Boom: This skill could cause Pain to detonate instantly. This change would give this skill more utility and force more strategy.

Lurch: This skill could break a character's autoattack if the enemy is knocked back the full length of the skill. That would prevent the character from continuing to attack/use skills on an enemy beyond his reach.

Blur: Instead of increasing dodge, this skill could increase the operative's running speed by 5% to 30% depending on skill. Same duration and recharge. This change would allow some operatives a hit and run option while not directly affecting survivability.

Zbooo
08-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Blur: Instead of increasing dodge, this skill could increase the operative's running speed by 5% to 30% depending on skill. Same duration and recharge. This change would allow some operatives a hit and run option while not directly affecting survivability.

Blur in my opinion seems like a future PvP skill... It could be very very useful once PvP comes out. :)

Flowman
08-28-2011, 05:38 PM

Hit and run stuff is really only useful in pvp...in pve it wouldn't prove beneficial to the team because the operative is supposed to offer the most damage per second. Hard to do that if you're running away

kamikazees
08-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Blur in my opinion seems like a future PvP skill... It could be very very useful once PvP comes out. :)
I had pvp in mind when suggesting the change to Blur, but I can see if having some use in PvE as well, moreso than currently. You could use it to rush in and take out a particularly nasty enemy, then dart back to the rest of the team, or escape when you've got aggro. Or get somewhere on the map a little faster.

As it stands now, one cycle of maxed Blur (30 seconds) has a 4% chance to actually trigger in your favor. That is because you have 20% dodge active 6 out of 30 seconds, or 20% of the time... so .20 x .20 = .04, or 4% effective rate over 30 seconds. Put in practical terms, if you are attacked 25 times in 30 seconds, Blur will probably allow you to dodge 1 attack. Yep. 1.

It is arguably more useful in pvp, where the fight might last 6 seconds, in which case dodging 1 attack in 5 might make a difference. But 6 points for that?

bronislav84
08-29-2011, 03:24 AM
Empathy should just stack.

Protection should retime the same rank and overwrite a lower rank.

Transference should be a pbAOE so it isn't wasted if main target dies.

Sonic Boom should have a more reasonable cooldown, like 5 to 6 seconds tops.

Raulur
08-29-2011, 04:56 AM
Empathy should just stack.

Protection should retime the same rank and overwrite a lower rank.

Transference should be a pbAOE so it isn't wasted if main target dies.

Sonic Boom should have a more reasonable cooldown, like 5 to 6 seconds tops.

I think transferrence is ok, you just have to pick and choose when to use it. It heals a bunch if you wait for a couple mobs to build up before using. I also try to use it when empathy just can't keep up.

I agree on the rest though.