PDA

View Full Version : || Passive Skills ||

Nightarcher
08-28-2011, 07:55 PM
I made a very detailed thread months ago for Passive skills in PL, and I think it could work very well in SL too, and might be easier to implement because the game is newer.

A quick visual aid:

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/michaelsaysmoo/SKILLS.jpg

Ok good, now I have your attention! So I won't make a detailed diagram like the enchantress one I made with examples of possible skills, but I'll describe how it could potentially work.

--At a certain level (let's use 30 as an example), you unlock passive skills for that character.

--There are 3 passive skills for each class.

--Each passive skill has 3 levels, instead of 6 like active skills.

--You increase passive skills with regular skill points.

Quick Examples:

"SHARPSHOOTER" -Your Critical Hits have a chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds.
Level 1- 15% stun chance
Level 2- 25% stun chance
Level 3- 35% stun chance

"PACIFIST" -Increases the effectiveness of healing to all party members.
Level 1- 20% increase to healing
Level 2- 30% increase to healing
Level 3- 40% increase to healing

"DEFLECTION" -Adds a chance to reflect damage done to you back upon the dealers.
Level 1- 20% chance, 50% damage reflected
Level 2- 30% chance, 50% damage reflected
Level 3- 30% chance, 70% damage reflected

--

So there's my idea. I gave an example of a skill for each class, and since every class would have 3 passives, it lets you customize your character to the role you want to play. This is the core reason I would like to see something like this put into the game.

Any and all constructive criticism and feedback is appreciated :D

Prest87
08-28-2011, 08:25 PM
I love passive skills in rpgs:)

Zbooo
08-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Passive skills do make a huge difference in many mmorpgs, and it would be awesome if they were to be made on SL and PL.

Ellyidol
08-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Fingers crossed, the last two skills in SL will be passive :D

Breadkeeper
08-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Not only would help to customize characters more, it would help those of us that have a hard time switching between the skills sets, due to lag, or fat fingers or slow minds, or whatever, put skills in a place that will help us.

kamikazees
08-28-2011, 09:19 PM
I think passive skills are a great idea. It would give people who don't like flipping skill pages something else to do with points besides adding new skills. Plus when the skills come out out we will only be able to map 8 of the 12 anyway.

Ellyidol
08-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Plus when the skills come out out we will only be able to map 8 of the 12 anyway.

This! It wouldn't make sense to have them active if you can't use them.

Nightarcher
08-29-2011, 09:31 PM
This! It wouldn't make sense to have them active if you can't use them.

And by level 49, we'll have used up all our skill points! So yeah STS, passives are the key. :D