PDA

View Full Version : I've inherited a Guild, now what?

LessaMoore
08-28-2011, 11:05 PM
So many questions...... can someone help, this other character and I have been given a guild. What are guilds? What do guilds do? How do I provide the best support for my guild members? How can I create a pool of gear for my members to use? Are there characters out there that would want to be in charge of buying, selling, trading gear? What is the best way to stay in touch with guild members? What are the benefits of the guild halls that cost more plat? Is there a way to create a "bank" for the guild?

:banana:

Sincerely,
clueless Operative, Lessamoore in SL

Air
08-28-2011, 11:18 PM
What are guilds?
It's just like a group or a clan, invite your friends to play/work together in a game to achieve something.

What do guilds do?
Every guilds have a different objective weather they want to specialize in pvp or just pve farming.

How do I provide the best support for my guild members?
Help them with quests, answer any questions they may have.

How can I create a pool of gear for my members to use?
dont know sorry :( farm?

Are there characters out there that would want to be in charge of buying, selling, trading gear?
If you're guild leader, i guess it's your responsibility to pick a trustworthy member to be a banker, not just ask who wants to be one

What is the best way to stay in touch with guild members?
Maybe create a game forum? Add each other in game if you don't care about flooding your buddy list :D

What are the benefits of the guild halls that cost more plat?
They provide cheaper stim pack discounts half off if you have guild hall tier 3, and also you can buy elixirs with gold

Is there a way to create a "bank" for the guild?
No, but you can make an alt and have it carry all the stuff your guild share

LessaMoore
08-28-2011, 11:32 PM
This is great! Thank you very much! Want to join our guild? We think it's called "spaceinvaders". Thats what appears under our names when you look at our profiles.

Thanks again,
a little lessclueless, Lessamoore :banana:

What are guilds?
It's just like a group or a clan, invite your friends to play/work together in a game to achieve something.

What do guilds do?
Every guilds have a different objective weather they want to specialize in pvp or just pve farming.

How do I provide the best support for my guild members?
Help them with quests, answer any questions they may have.

How can I create a pool of gear for my members to use?
dont know sorry :( farm?

Are there characters out there that would want to be in charge of buying, selling, trading gear?
If you're guild leader, i guess it's your responsibility to pick a trustworthy member to be a banker, not just ask who wants to be one

What is the best way to stay in touch with guild members?
Maybe create a game forum? Add each other in game if you don't care about flooding your buddy list :D

What are the benefits of the guild halls that cost more plat?
They provide cheaper stim pack discounts half off if you have guild hall tier 3, and also you can buy elixirs with gold

Is there a way to create a "bank" for the guild?
No, but you can make an alt and have it carry all the stuff your guild share

Air
08-28-2011, 11:55 PM
This is great! Thank you very much! Want to join our guild? We think it's called "spaceinvaders". Thats what appears under our names when you look at our profiles.

Thanks again,
a little lessclueless, Lessamoore :banana:

You're welcome, I'm already in a guild, but thank you for offering :)

Raulur
08-29-2011, 01:54 AM
Just a FYI, if you make a stash character, you might want to make it on a new account. Leads to less drama when the owner of the account decides to quit the guild. That way you can just hand over the info to a guildmate, and move on.

Trust me, it happened in beta. :)

LessaMoore
08-29-2011, 01:56 AM
Ahhh! Yes, Good to know. Thank you. Would you like to join our guild? :)

Just a FYI, if you make a stash character, you might want to make it on a new account. Leads to less drama when the owner of the account decides to quit the guild. That way you can just hand over the info to a guildmate, and move on.

Raulur
08-29-2011, 05:01 AM
No thanks, I'm an officer in my current one. :)

BodMaster
08-29-2011, 09:07 AM

Not sure but this maybe against ToS in sts. =\

Best first step in recruiting is by making a thread named after your guild.. put exactly the same information you asked for and maybe people will join.. or you could ask in game if people are guileless (if you have show guild full name option on) :)

LessaMoore
08-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Thank you- open invitation :)

Not sure but this maybe against ToS in sts. =\

Best first step in recruiting is by making a thread named after your guild.. put exactly the same information you asked for and maybe people will join.. or you could ask in game if people are guileless (if you have show guild full name option on) :)