PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT lower prices on Potions please

longsteak
08-28-2011, 11:09 PM
I think the system is spot on. I cannot spam the potion button and rush through a level as I could do in PL. Now I must stick around an engineer, let the tank run in first (Gasp!) and as a tank use all my abilities in a smart manner to keep the attackers down. This is a great thing! This game is all about teamwork!

Another reason why potions should not be made cheaper: I have something to use my credits on now! In PL I had a ton of money that I would never use and just stash it away. Now I have something worthwhile to spend on :)

So guys, stop complaining about potions and charge into mobs with a team mentality!

Punktate
08-28-2011, 11:42 PM
You don't get it though, havent you wondered why the tanks are staying back? We are physically unable to tank because we cant keep up with the healing, the engineers can't heal us fast enough, and without the pots we die too fast. The fundamental character in any winning team is powerless if they cant afford to stay healed. A temporary price drop to say.. 1200c for 100 stims would do wonders! 300 less and wed be able to keep up that much more. If they were dropped even more, to 1000c for 100 stims, then there would be no more tanking problems and the game could be played properly.

Breadkeeper
08-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Sorry Punktate, i think this is false my first char was a commando, and i capped him to 21 in beta, and i had no problem tanking at all. Rare it was to use pots. Now my main is a engineer, and i have no problem keeping my tanks alive. Thats as the only engineer, add in a second or third engineer and peoples health never hits half. Maybe you need to find better friends. ;)

McBain
08-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Both of you are right in your own way. Maybe they're trying to push guilds. Stim packs are cheaper in guild halls right? There should be a happy medium. Maybe increase the drop rate slightly for stim packs so you don't have to rely on buying them quite as much. As it is, I agree that stim packs are a bit of a hinderance right now, but I also like the fact that money means more in SL because it is comparatively scarce. You definitely have to be much more conservative with spending and actually farm gold occasionally. I never had to worry about farming gold in PL. It's just not necessary.

Punktate
08-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Wait. If I buy a hall for my guild, stims are cheaper? How much do they cost?

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 12:28 AM

Tier 3 gives 50% off Stims, so 750 per 100.

Lowlyspy
08-29-2011, 12:32 AM

Tier 3 gives 50% off Stims, so 750 per 100.
Or you can go with tier 2 which also gives the 50% discounted stims, but no discounted enhancers.

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Or you can go with tier 2 which also gives the 50% discounted stims, but no discounted enhancers.

Interesting. Didn't know that. Do they have credit elixirs? Tier 3 offers some.

SpaceGhost
08-29-2011, 12:36 AM
I have no problem getting stims! Thats a problem for the newer people but beta players had to got through the same thing and made it. i actually started in android beta and i have no prob with it how it currently is. I have over five thousand credits and i rarely stims when i have good engineer in group with me>

Aperfecte
08-29-2011, 01:02 AM
My guild has a tier 3 guild hall. Stimpacks is 50% cheaper.

Add me at aperfecte and I'll invite you to our guild.

Guild name is INVICTUS!!!

icantgetkills
08-29-2011, 01:15 AM
My guild has a tier 3 guild hall. Stimpacks is 50% cheaper.

Add me at aperfecte and I'll invite you to our guild.

Guild name is INVICTUS!!!
are O&C guild is called invictus wonder where the leader thought of this ^^

Aperfecte
08-29-2011, 01:32 AM
INVICTUS has a guild in a few other games.

Breadkeeper
08-29-2011, 01:58 AM
You know what? I bet Invictus was also a guild name in wow, aoc, Uo, daoc, everquest, ect ect.. Names get used, this is not the first mmo. /endtroll

Formora
08-29-2011, 02:31 AM
No I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the PL Invictus is also related to Invictus in other games.

Regarding stim/power usage, I'm also running a bit thin on credits to buy many since I haven't farmed yet. But I am surviving, you just need some strategy when playing. It can be hard at lower levels though when many people don't know how to play. Most of them stay back all the time.

Aperfecte
08-29-2011, 02:41 AM
You know what? I bet Invictus was also a guild name in wow, aoc, Uo, daoc, everquest, ect ect.. Names get used, this is not the first mmo. /endtroll

Invictus is a PC/MMOs multi-gaming guild.

Acyer
08-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Wow a stimless tank. Yeah stims are 750 in higher guild tiers as pot enhancers and discounted too.
Anyways yes as a tank it gets very costly and its no better on operative class too. If ya want to save credits make a engineer for farming.

Acyer
08-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Wow a stimless tank. Yeah stims are 750 in higher guild tiers as pot enhancers and discounted too.
Anyways yes as a tank it gets very costly and its no better on operative class too. If ya want to save credits make a engineer for farming.

BodMaster
08-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Invictus is a PC/MMOs multi-gaming guild.

Im not sure.. but don't think any cares.. I think its quite rude to join Longsteaks thread to try and recruit members.. doesn't give your guild any positive credit..

ON TOPIC** My main is a Tank and through 1st 2 lvls of Numa its not neccesary to use any stim even a very low amount when solo'n the other 3 lvs then you will need at least 30-50 to last through a Guardian run which drops depending if you have a reliable team (or Engi's) then you may need 10-20 at the most.

But im with Zero on this one if you need to farm c/loot/stim best way is having an Engi alt.. as you can just put everything gained into your stash switch to main and take it out **wollah :D

BodMaster
08-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Interesting. Didn't know that. Do they have credit elixirs? Tier 3 offers some.

I don't believe they do have discounted Exlirs/Enhancers.. that's why Tier 3 becomes worth having :) (Though I haven't ever bought these with c)

Register
08-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Remember, joining a guild is optional. Some people prefer to be guildless. Joining a guild should not have to required to save credits.

Anyways, at the first 12 levels of my commando, I was struggling...A LOT with stims. Vigor skill helped some but so many engineers wouldnt heal me. But it gets easier lol. I sort of like how high priced and not affordable (ish) pots are. But I can see why people would want it changed. Really? Nobody wants to spend 5 plat for en engineer to pot/cred farm.

My point, dont change it. Its great as it is!

McBain
08-29-2011, 11:24 PM
The stim pack issues do get better as time goes on. You might struggle at first, but like Register alluded to above, it gets easier with both your experience in playing the game as well the experience of other players. In other words, as you get higher in level, the percentage of people you'll be playing with who know what they're doing generally gets higher as well.

It's not much of a problem for me anymore like it was at the beginning, but if stim pack prices were lowered, I wouldn't argue.

Formora
08-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Agreed, please don't nerf anything! I remember when I first started, I upgraded my Op and blew all the 100 stim/power packs before I got to level 10. Then I learned how to use some strategy, and started kiting enemies instead of rushing in.

It's definitely hard in the beginning because quality players are more uncommon, but people should learn to do something about it instead of complaining for a nerf (not referring to anyone here).

Carth
08-30-2011, 12:27 AM
Pots should stay the same price. It's just something that most people are going to have to deal with. Besides, being able to obtain too many pots makes the game easy and overall boring. I know this from personal experience.

Deadly Deceit
08-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Don't
/endthread

Aperfecte
08-30-2011, 01:29 AM
Im not sure.. but don't think any cares.. I think its quite rude to join Longsteaks thread to try and recruit members.. doesn't give your guild any positive credit..

ON TOPIC** My main is a Tank and through 1st 2 lvls of Numa its not neccesary to use any stim even a very low amount when solo'n the other 3 lvs then you will need at least 30-50 to last through a Guardian run which drops depending if you have a reliable team (or Engi's) then you may need 10-20 at the most.

But im with Zero on this one if you need to farm c/loot/stim best way is having an Engi alt.. as you can just put everything gained into your stash switch to main and take it out **wollah :D

I was trying to help other players to get stimpacks at half price. What's wrong with that?

Btw insulting a player that is just trying to help other is very rude.

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 01:52 AM
I was trying to help other players to get stimpacks at half price. What's wrong with that?

Btw insulting a player that is just trying to help other is very rude.

I don't think he was insulting, just a misunderstanding :)

Look at it this way, during a job fair a company approaches a different company's booth and tells people in the line that their company offers cheaper canteen lunches than the company they're lining up for. Yes, you're helping them spend less on lunches, but think of the image that gives that company and the person saying that to the line of people. You get the point right? :)

I understand your intentions though, and I commend you for it.

JaytB
08-30-2011, 01:56 AM
About the current prices, I'm happy with it. But, the longer we play, the more credits we'll get. I'm pretty sure there will be a time when people can just buy a 1000
Stims without any problem. Not sure if that's a good thing though.

Register
08-30-2011, 12:06 PM
If you REALLY are mad because low levle engineers dont heal as good, do what I did. Create a engineer. Be a good one. In PL, I low levle mages NEVER healed me when I needed it. But when I made a mage, my team would always stay at high hp. And why make a engi just for farming? Do you mean like Dynastar Labs? A level 25 commando has no trouble if he/she uses kinetic resevior....

BodMaster
08-30-2011, 12:23 PM
I don't think he was insulting, just a misunderstanding :)

Look at it this way, during a job fair a company approaches a different company's booth and tells people in the line that their company offers cheaper canteen lunches than the company they're lining up for. Yes, you're helping them spend less on lunches, but think of the image that gives that company and the person saying that to the line of people. You get the point right? :)

I understand your intentions though, and I commend you for it.

Thanks for clearing that up Elly.. :) not everyone has good intentions when it comes to this sort of tthing.. can be taken the wrong way so easily depending hows its worded :D

About the current prices, I'm happy with it. But, the longer we play, the more credits we'll get. I'm pretty sure there will be a time when people can just buy a 1000
Stims without any problem. Not sure if that's a good thing though.

Some lucky ones can already.. but im sure we will all get to that point one time or another :D

shannong
08-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Run with an engy who is healing-focused: high Empathy and Transferrence, medium to high Proteection. Don't over pull huge mobs until you have a feel for your engy's healing rhytm and capacity. Don't jink all over the place like a spaz; otherwise your healer can't keep you and everyone else in range.

I think the commos who keep these points in mind and have access to good healers would tel you they don't burn many pots in such situations.

A healer with high Tranferrence is key for living easily through the alpha spike of large mobs. Join a guild and learn who the good healers are.

longsteak
08-30-2011, 09:33 PM
I think its safe to say that Star Legends is the manly version of Pocket Legends. Here's to hoping that Pocket Legends mans up too :P

shannong
09-01-2011, 09:41 AM
I asked a guildie commando who has demonstrated that he's *excellent* at tanking Guardian and keeping his aggro nearly all of the time even with a full group wailing on him: "how many healing pots do you typically burn on the total Guardian run when you have a competent healer in the group?" His answer was "about 10; I burn through WAY more energy pots though".

Which leads me to think that healing output for a team isn't the real problem. The real problem is that there's no way for other team members to contribute energy to the one class that must spam everything they have to keep aggro. (Aside from an engy making suremto buff the tank with Revive every minute.) So either the tanking "taunt" skills need to be buffed or we need a mechanic to lend energy to the tank (and create energy for the group). Or else the commando's energy regen skill needs to be buffed up. Or a combination of all three ideas.

Hayabusaz
09-01-2011, 09:49 AM
I think the system is spot on. I cannot spam the potion button and rush through a level as I could do in PL. Now I must stick around an engineer, let the tank run in first (Gasp!) and as a tank use all my abilities in a smart manner to keep the attackers down. This is a great thing! This game is all about teamwork!

Another reason why potions should not be made cheaper: I have something to use my credits on now! In PL I had a ton of money that I would never use and just stash it away. Now I have something worthwhile to spend on :)

So guys, stop complaining about potions and charge into mobs with a team mentality!

I think you're an idiot.. *running away*

cagethewicked
09-02-2011, 09:58 AM
pots cheaper y not ? i dont sell them or buy them but u should get used to it i dont think it will stop . it seems to be high demand. maybe if sts decides they dont like it , it might stop but i dont see that either. its a form of a free merchant

longsteak
09-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I think you're an idiot.. *running away*
*chases you down*
Why? At least give me a reason haha

I asked a guildie commando who has demonstrated that he's *excellent* at tanking Guardian and keeping his aggro nearly all of the time even with a full group wailing on him: "how many healing pots do you typically burn on the total Guardian run when you have a competent healer in the group?" His answer was "about 10; I burn through WAY more energy pots though".

Which leads me to think that healing output for a team isn't the real problem. The real problem is that there's no way for other team members to contribute energy to the one class that must spam everything they have to keep aggro. (Aside from an engy making suremto buff the tank with Revive every minute.) So either the tanking "taunt" skills need to be buffed or we need a mechanic to lend energy to the tank (and create energy for the group). Or else the commando's energy regen skill needs to be buffed up. Or a combination of all three ideas.

Um, I'm a commando and I dont have to spam my attacks to keep aggro.. I use the aggro skills once in a while to make sure the enemy is focused on me.

Occasionally I do run out of mana though, or get to near empty. I actually haven't bought any Health/Mana Pots in days :P