PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends is the hardcore Pocket Legends.

MoarPewPew
08-29-2011, 09:14 AM
I wanted to say I have been playing SL for 2 days and I am in love! The mob difficulty is outstanding compared to PL. Players must now kite properly in order to stay alive for certain mobs. The hard ability to get $$ in SL is great too because this will create a more balanced economy. The drop rate ratio compared to the credit ratio feels fair.

I find now that each class has a defined roll for gameplay unlike PL.

A few things are SL in not as much as a pick up and go MMO as its counter part PL is. SL takes longer per dungeon. This may be due to wiping or large layouts.

I want to commend STS on there great job with SL.

Please keep the difficulty it the way it is. No nerf plox.

Kakatoa91
08-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Yep, they didnt make things too easy and PL experiences really helped them do a pretty decent game from start. Could be more hard I would not mind lol.

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Agree! PL and SL really have that difference in difficulty, one of the few differentiating things between the two games.

One thing I have to commend the devs for doing (I mentioned in another thread), is the current drop rate for vanities and the non-issue of pinks yet.

Since these vanities are what everyone wants (just like pinks), the drop rates make them really rare and actual things to be proud of. I'm hoping for the same drop rates for pinks.

Similarly, I'm understanding and very impressed with their non-issue of pink items yet (assuming this was intended :p). It forces the population to get used to and be accustomed to using non-pink gear. Pair this with true 'legendary' pinks, and a very successful hardcore game indeed.

Bravo!

BodMaster
08-29-2011, 09:28 AM
I wanted to say I have been playing SL for 2 days and I am in love! The mob difficulty is outstanding compared to PL. Players must now kite properly in order to stay alive for certain mobs. The hard ability to get $$ in SL is great too because this will create a more balanced economy. The drop rate ratio compared to the credit ratio feels fair.

I find now that each class has a defined roll for gameplay unlike PL.

A few things are SL in not as much as a pick up and go MMO as its counter part PL is. SL takes longer per dungeon. This may be due to wiping or large layouts.

I want to commend STS on there great job with SL.

Please keep the difficulty it the way it is. No nerf plox.

Couldn't have put it any better myself.. Awesome Job STS/Devs xD

And im sure everyone will agree we don't want a repeat of PL no Nerf SL!!!

Whatyouwill
08-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Yes yes yes!

Nerf PL as much as you like, just leave SL for teh hardc0rez.

Flowman
08-29-2011, 10:40 AM
This thread is full of win. Just full of it.

superglut2
08-29-2011, 10:56 AM
agreed, no nerf pls. im actually liking the 1500 gold for 100 potions cause now i hardly use them which makes the game much more fun cause i dont spam as much pots anymore as in pl.

Flowman
08-29-2011, 10:58 AM
agreed, no nerf pls. im actually liking the 1500 gold for 100 potions cause now i hardly use them which makes the game much more fun cause i dont spam as much pots anymore as in pl.
750 gold per 100 in lvl 2 and 3 guild halls

JaytB
08-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Agreed with the OP :)

I absolutely LOVE this game. I already made 2 25's during the weekend, with it's 3rd on its way :banana:

Graphics are so much better too IMO, especially the textures on characters and in the environment. As for the economy, I like it. I really felt like I achieved something when I made my first 10k from buying/selling stuff. Also, prices still seem reasonable compared to PL. This allows new players to acquire their end-level gear by farming/merching, fairly easy compared to PL.

Also agreed on the vanity items, I hope they stay as rare as they currently are. I farmed for hours and hours for them, but didn't see them drop 1 single time. I can imagine people might get frustrated by this, but to me it helps the game differentiate itself from PL.

All in all, great job devs! The long wait (for iOS users) was definitely worth it :)

razerfingers
08-29-2011, 11:22 AM
I dont like star legends too well its not so hot imo cause i like to be diffrent mix and match gear i dont wanna look like same gear as some random dude to my left thats the only issue

Physiologic
08-29-2011, 11:23 AM
SL music is very hip - it makes me feel young again.

BodMaster
08-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I dont like star legends too well its not so hot imo cause i like to be diffrent mix and match gear i dont wanna look like same gear as some random dude to my left thats the only issue

Early days yet buddy.. but yhh was/is annoyin that some randomer comes along lookin the same as you.. =\

But you still manage to come on to see me ;) have some good runs together and a great laugh ha

SL music is very hip - it makes me feel young again.

Ha buddy if you think that's hip well.. im gona stop ther :p nah the music is okay until like anything you'v heard it way to many times haha **fingers in ears**

thugimmortal
08-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Im Hardcore its justapitty my phone wasnt lol

mugen
08-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Im Hardcore its justapitty my phone wasnt lol

I feel ya on this ^ I'm liking difficulty more and more as I play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morfic
08-29-2011, 02:05 PM
It is in my greatest hopes, that pinks really are kept extremely rare. I just got two pink items in one dungeon in PL, and I never want to see that happen here. I want to have to farm for days to get one pink. -_-

Thanks.

Flowman
08-29-2011, 05:00 PM
It is in my greatest hopes, that pinks really are kept extremely rare. I just got two pink items in one dungeon in PL, and I never want to see that happen here. I want to have to farm for days to get one pink. -_-

Thanks.
You must not be a day older than 14 if you don't like pink items.
(inside joke before all the tards attack)

morfic
08-29-2011, 05:42 PM
You must not be a day older than 14 if you don't like pink items.
(inside joke before all the tards attack)
Aahaha!

(Funniest thing is, when I saw you were the last poster, I planned on posting something similar. Get out of my gray matter!)

SUPAPRODIGY
08-29-2011, 05:57 PM
I dont care i need a easier way to farn Stimspacks and credits its ridiculous how hard it is getting them and unacceptable the outrageous prices in Auctions im not paying no 30k or higher for anything in fact im not even paying 1k for anything considering the fact in how long it takes to make that much i rather buy Discount StimPacks.

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 06:05 PM
I dont care i need a easier way to farn Stimspacks and credits its ridiculous how hard it is getting them and unacceptable the outrageous prices in Auctions im not paying no 30k or higher for anything in fact im not even paying 1k for anything considering the fact in how long it takes to make that much i rather buy Discount StimPacks.

YOU don't care, YOU want an easier way, YOU are not willing to pay, YOU would rather pay discounted prices.

This game isn't about you, maybe when you get that in you'll start to do better.

Try running maps with a decent engineer. Cut my pot consumption to almost none. Try investing points to HS/MS skills, easily cut my consumption to half as well.

It's not really that hard. If all beta players could do it, even my girlfriend can do it (a first time MMO gamer), you should be able to.

Kaytar
08-29-2011, 06:22 PM
If ur worried about buying them, create a new character slot (5 platinum) then stash the stims when your level 5 and can use the stash (use free elixir) keep doing this and u can build up a lot of stims and make profit on them :D oh and stash the credits too.

Flowman
08-29-2011, 06:54 PM

There's just no pleasing you eh?
Before, it was tagging every post with "I haven't played SL yet but" or "I'm iOS so I can't play yet but."
Now it's "whine whine I cant figure out the game mechanics whine whine."

We all figured out how to play the game with the current prices and credits. So either we're all obnoxiously good at this game, or you're just not doing it right.

Kossi
08-29-2011, 07:00 PM
im going to be on pl much more than sl
the problem is,
im never(monthly?) going on pl

sickside
08-29-2011, 09:08 PM
only downside to getting pinks at such a rare drop and what not is they will be just like the platinum greens you can buy. the best pink items will be sold in the platinum store. reasoning behind it, well its a marketing ploy why sell mediocre items in the platinum store that no one will buy when you can get better for free. thus if sts wants to make money and they do hense the crappy drop rate/prices of stims they want you to spend real money on those as well.

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 09:10 PM
only downside to getting pinks at such a rare drop and what not is they will be just like the platinum greens you can buy. the best pink items will be sold in the platinum store. reasoning behind it, well its a marketing ploy why sell mediocre items in the platinum store that no one will buy when you can get better for free. thus if sts wants to make money and they do hense the crappy drop rate/prices of stims they want you to spend real money on those as well.

Nah, STS has never done that *cough* gameloft has *cough*. Even at 25, the green gear is already better than the platinum stuff, so I'm certain that when they release pinks, they will definitely be better than plat gear :)

sickside
08-29-2011, 09:15 PM
for example commando sandwalker or something like that gives more hp and armor or something along those lines i cant remember exactly but the plat gear gives more dodge and isnt dodge better then armor i could be completely wrong because i dont have exact numbers infront of me

edit: im also almost sure the plat gear for the operatives gives more crit

Nightarcher
08-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Well low-level platinum gear will be good, like it is in PL now. It's a nice balance, because the Engineer/Operative gear is viable for purchase, but not a huge loss if you decide to go with non-platinum. After all, you can't resell platinum gear and level cap raises are relatively frequent.

--

My hope is that the purples/pinks will be better than platinum gear, but extremely rare. That would still make plat gear purchasable in order to farm for the most rare of gears.

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 09:42 PM
for example commando sandwalker or something like that gives more hp and armor or something along those lines i cant remember exactly but the plat gear gives more dodge and isnt dodge better then armor i could be completely wrong because i dont have exact numbers infront of me

edit: im also almost sure the plat gear for the operatives gives more crit

Yes, but worthy of 10 platinum per piece more? We have to remember, these are only green stuff as well. I only used the plat gear from the 30 plat premium character thing. All my gear after that was in-game based. Very similar to PL.

Flowman
08-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Nah, STS has never done that *cough* gameloft has *cough*. Even at 25, the green gear is already better than the platinum stuff, so I'm certain that when they release pinks, they will definitely be better than plat gear :)

Green gear isn't better than the plat gear at 20 or 25. All the green gear does is give more DPS (more points in class specific stats). The plat gear is where you get your points in things like dodge, crit, hit %, health, and mana.

BestHyun
08-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Green gear isn't better than the plat gear at 20 or 25. All the green gear does is give more DPS (more points in class specific stats). The plat gear is where you get your points in things like dodge, crit, hit %, health, and mana.

That is the question, what is more worth it? lol

For Operative, you get 18% hit and around 6% more crit with plat gear. The green set gives you a bit more damage along with around 12-15 more DPS.

I would say the Hit% is quite important, but the damage and DPS increase is definitely better than have an extra 6% chance to crit.

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 10:14 PM

Probably for Eng, Op. For commando it's just health, mana, and hit (1%) I think. Negligible IMO. I haven't compared the other two class gears, but the current green set for commandos are way more worthy of the cost though, again, IMO.

Let's hope STS doesn't commit that horrible mistake :(

@^

6% is huge, IMO. Way worth the damage. So yes, for an op I'd probably opt for the plat set. My opinion is very commando-biased :p

Flowman
08-29-2011, 10:29 PM
I forget what the commando difference was, but I know I originally opted for 3/5 armor parts, and then just decided to F it and buy the other 2 as well. This was after having full sandstorm...but I forget if it was actually worth it or not.

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 10:37 PM
I forget what the commando difference was, but I know I originally opted for 3/5 armor parts, and then just decided to F it and buy the other 2 as well. This was after having full sandstorm...but I forget if it was actually worth it or not.

I just recently checked, I think it was roughly 15 Health, 10 Mana, and 1% Hit per piece. Figured that nothing one-shot me anyway, and the my current Hit % is already decent, so I'll buy elixirs instead :p

BestHyun
08-29-2011, 10:37 PM
I think Pinks would be better than Plat gear, I mean if green items come this close to comparison with it, then it is obvious right?

-Edit-

Well at least for Operatives, didn't check for Engineer and Commando.

McBain
08-29-2011, 11:13 PM
As a new Star Legends player, I'm definitely enjoying it. I can't say I agree 100% with the OP that Pocket Legends necessarily lacks these things though. I don't find PL any less enjoyable, at any rate. I don't think there's any difference in difficulty. It's just an adjustment you have to make.

Jespo
08-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Agree! PL and SL really have that difference in difficulty, one of the few differentiating things between the two games.

One thing I have to commend the devs for doing (I mentioned in another thread), is the current drop rate for vanities and the non-issue of pinks yet.

Since these vanities are what everyone wants (just like pinks), the drop rates make them really rare and actual things to be proud of. I'm hoping for the same drop rates for pinks.

Similarly, I'm understanding and very impressed with their non-issue of pink items yet (assuming this was intended :p). It forces the population to get used to and be accustomed to using non-pink gear. Pair this with true 'legendary' pinks, and a very successful hardcore game indeed.

Bravo!

I don't think I've ever agreed with anyone as much as I do with this post!. I was thinking of mentioning how good of a game it is earlier :p

BodMaster
08-30-2011, 08:25 AM
There's just no pleasing you eh?
Before, it was tagging every post with "I haven't played SL yet but" or "I'm iOS so I can't play yet but."
Now it's "whine whine I cant figure out the game mechanics whine whine."

We all figured out how to play the game with the current prices and credits. So either we're all obnoxiously good at this game, or you're just not doing it right.

Ha, remember this on alot! of posts, and im sure it was said that.. I would just be happy with the release.. oh well no pleasing some people..

Also...

The Engi SunWalker gear is pretty good and hard to tell which is the best (Full SunWalker which i prefer, works for me depending on Dmg Engi or Support Engi).. I have this equip along with full Rat (Plat better for Op?), just... 'because' really.. have full Plat on Main Commando and wouldnt change that, and not sure if Op is worth that little difference for the prices of the Plat what 40/50 plat for a minimal difference.

Looking forward to PVP as STS will have to release some sort of build difference as we would all be at the same str ect.. =/