PDA

View Full Version : Everything changes at 16

shannong
08-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Just a tip for new Engies who feel underwhelmed with the class. At level 16, when you get Tranferrence, everything changes for the better. Suddenly, those mob encounters that used to eat you (and much of your team) become fun and you start to feel god-like. Hang with it and you'll see!

Numb
08-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Good to know. Thinking engin will b my next roll

Econodeath
08-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Thats great to know. I made the mistake of not realizing that you could turn off auto leveling and place points in skills you wanted. :(
I am level 18 and been lost wondering why this was so different from pl. Oh well respec coming. Just thought I would mention that if it
helps anyone else I am a little happier about my misunderstanding.

kamikazees
08-30-2011, 10:34 AM
...until you fight Miner and realize that you'd better not use Transferrence at all or it will probably spawn too many squids and end up wiping your team. Everywhere else the skill is great though!

peacemaster
08-30-2011, 04:02 PM
yea, transferrence is an amazing skill! :-)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Zeusofire
09-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Wait till you get to numa then you REALLY know what the engineer is about... Huge overwhelm if your the only engineer in a party...

shannong
09-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Wait till you get to numa then you REALLY know what the engineer is about... Huge overwhelm if your the only engineer in a party...

My engy's at 25. Done about 12-15 Guardian runs so far, and all the Numa quests by now. Love the zone with all the miners for leveling runs, even though I know most folks prefer Outer Limits for leveling runs (less potion use needed there for many classes).

But ya, 6 Transferrence is a must for Numa parties. It's tough but I've been the sole Engy in Guardian runs and it's doable with very few deaths for anyone. Even no deaths. Of course if you have two engies in the run then it's a cakewalk if the team knows what they're doing. Honestly the big lobsters with all the nearby adds is tougher than Guardian himself. Being sole healer and helping your team survive the alpha spike requires knowing exactly when to blow that first Transferrence. And half the time the healing you have to output to help the team survive the alpha spike gets the big lobster aggroed on you, so sometimes you need to pop a stim or two to keep yourself alive (and use some other tricks to help the aggro focus back on somebody else).

My build at level 25 is: 5 Empathy, 1 Revive, 5 Force Shield, 6 Protection, 6 Transferrence, and 1 Pain. Works a peach; can heal a Guardian run just fine as the only Engy, but I have to stay sharp and of course the team has to be tight and know what to do and what to expect. I'd use fewer points in Force Shield except that I really want the 2m/s regen that 5 points gives you. Even with the 1m/s regen implant. Regen and Dodge is golden for a healer. I suppose I should mention that I have 20 Dodge too, which might make a difference in overall effectiveness for a healer.