PDA

View Full Version : Are the 'good' greens map specific?

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Currently there are 3 'sets' for all classes, I think. Green sets.

Desert Rat for Ops, Sunwalker for Eng, Sandstorm for Commandos. Same with weapons, there are green weapons that are class specific. Wastelander for commandos, strange pistols for ops, not sure in the name for eng.

Anyway, I've only seen these drop from the last map. I got a Wastelander from a chest, seen some of the armors drop from the Guardian.

Are these things only available from the last map? Or anywhere in numa? I've been wanting to do some farming, Outer Limits mostly, but these things are nice to farm as well.

CanonicalKoi
08-29-2011, 07:26 PM
I got a set of green Engineer level 25 Salvage Claws today. Dropped in the Guardian area from a chest.

Silentarrow
08-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Guardian seems to have a 100% drop rate of at least one green. I've seen some scavanger rifles drop in OL.

Zbooo
08-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Guardian does not have a 100% chance of green drop, but yes Uncharted has the highest green drop rate out of all maps on the Numa Prime campaign.

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 07:50 PM
I've gotten a Scavenger Rifle in OL as well, is this a sign that any green can drop in OL too?

Yeah Guardian doesn't have a 100%, it just requires a really good team to do the map quick though, which unfortunately is still quite rare. Best one I've had was just under 10 minutes.

Any experiences in good greens dropping elsewhere?

Formora
08-29-2011, 09:24 PM
The only greens I've seen drop in outer limits are the scavenger rifle (pretty common) and the scrapper. But yes I agree guardians/chests in uncharted ruins drop the sunwalker/sandstorm/desert rat pieces. Also, no vanities yet.

ProSophist
08-29-2011, 09:34 PM
All the 25 green set pieces and weapons drop anywhere in Unchartered Ruins and Guardian himself. You can also get vanities.
Guardian doesn't have a 100% chance of dropping a green item.

The garbage green weapons(scrapper,scavenger, etc.)all drop anywhere in Outer Limits. You can also get vanities.

AnotherAzi
08-29-2011, 09:35 PM
"Cheap" green weapons drop from chests in all numa maps. "Good" greens only drop in ruins from Guardian or occasionally from a specific chest at the last intersection before Guardian (where you can turn left or right, not into the little alcove/semicircle area). It's hard to describe, but if the chest appears to have bracers or feet (two supports on the front of the chest), then it will drop just like the guardian himself - e.g. random but chance for good greens with others being all yellow with no whites. I've seen a dozen myths about how to make this special chest appear, but most likely explanation is random spawn.

thequickone
08-29-2011, 09:36 PM
I was on a run in Uncharted (about 90% certain I'm remembering that correctly) when a Squid Buddy dropped from a chest. Needless to say, everyone was pretty excited! :eek: I hope I haven't broken some sort of cardinal rule, or something, by mentioning where a vanity item dropped... That sort of info seems to have been missing from the game and forums, in general. Let me demonstrate via the following re-enactment:

Faebronia: where have vanities been dropping? : ) lol lol lol ??
*crickets chirping*
Faebronia: okays... umm... nevermind... *slowly backs out of zone*

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the confirmations guys, will definitely help :)

And, I don't think sharing of info on where stuff drop is anything to be ashamed about. Heck, look at Yanis' thread on pink pictures and locations :p

Thanks again.

thequickone
08-29-2011, 09:46 PM
And, I don't think sharing of info on where stuff drop is anything to be ashamed about.
Happy to hear I'm not getting myself in trouble! :) I love sharing information.

Silentarrow
08-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Lol sorry for my dramtisation on the guardians drop rates, I was just trying to say that the Guardian is a great guy to farm ;).

BestHyun
08-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Best place to farm for greens is Uncharted Ruins.

themars
08-30-2011, 08:18 AM
"Cheap" green weapons drop from chests in all numa maps. "Good" greens only drop in ruins from Guardian or occasionally from a specific chest at the last intersection before Guardian (where you can turn left or right, not into the little alcove/semicircle area). It's hard to describe, but if the chest appears to have bracers or feet (two supports on the front of the chest), then it will drop just like the guardian himself - e.g. random but chance for good greens with others being all yellow with no whites. I've seen a dozen myths about how to make this special chest appear, but most likely explanation is random spawn.

Yh sometimes there is another chest than the normal ones we call it a big box cause its a little bit bigger. In these chests there are also good greens. So if u see one open it!

Formora
08-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Yh sometimes there is another chest than the normal ones we call it a big box cause its a little bit bigger. In these chests there are also good greens. So if u see one open it!

A good way of differentiating these chests would be, a one with rare greens has these "legs" attached to them. Those who haven't come across them will know when they see it, it's like the same chest with two little latches on it.

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 08:46 AM
A good way of differentiating these chests would be, a one with rare greens has these "legs" attached to them. Those who haven't come across them will know when they see it, it's like the same chest with two little latches on it.

Are these chests always present in the level? Reminds me of the rushing days on PL. They should be like mobs, only appear when a certain number is cleared.

Kakatoa91
08-30-2011, 08:59 AM

Are these chests always present in the level? Reminds me of the rushing days on PL. They should be like mobs, only appear when a certain number is cleared.

No they r random pop up.
in ruins run always good to have good eyes before skipping some sides. I used to go by myself alone after killing guardian when team didnt want to because they do fast runs and leave, or check finishin ruins maps if they didnt leave 1 around lol. now everybody knows about it nearly.
Those special chest gives at least 1 green, so get the full team near it before open it.
In ruins sometimes they give better drops than guardian. Best run was 3 special chests and guardian.

Formora
08-30-2011, 09:02 AM

Nope, they appear randomly and replace the common chests. I think for the ones in Uncharted Ruins, only the last 3 before Guardian have a chance of spawning. Cannot confirm though, so be on the lookout the whole way just in case. And remember to check the little room on the left when entering the last hallway to Guardian. Just pan your camera to take a peek inside, no need to clear the room unless of course it turns out to be the rare chest.

With my limited experience with other maps, I can't offer any advice though :(

Haha I remember those days. We would be like, GO! and the poor mobs would chase after us hopelessly.

LordEspe
08-30-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm pretty sure it was uncharted we were in, about three hours ago, when all five got a green drop from a chest! I got
Sandstorm arms!

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 09:05 AM
Nope, they appear randomly and replace the common chests. I think for the ones in Uncharted Ruins, only the last 3 before Guardian have a chance of spawning. Cannot confirm though, so be on the lookout the whole way just in case. And remember to check the little room on the left when entering the last hallway to Guardian. Just pan your camera to take a peek inside, no need to clear the room unless of course it turns out to be the rare chest.

With my limited experience with other maps, I can't offer any advice though :(

Haha I remember those days. We would be like, GO! and the poor mobs would chase after us hopelessly.

I see. I have to keep my eyes out for these special chests. I always seem to see the same chests in the same spot, so maybe I'm missing these special chests or I've been extremely lucky to have them almost every time :D

Formora
08-30-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm pretty sure it was uncharted we were in, about three hours ago, when all five got a green drop from a chest! I got
Sandstorm arms!

Congratulations! That's pretty lucky.

I see. I have to keep my eyes out for these special chests. I always seem to see the same chests in the same spot, so maybe I'm missing these special chests or I've been extremely lucky to have them almost every time :D

The leggy ones? Dayum...

*Elar has invited you to Numa Prime - Uncharted Ruins!*

I kid, it's great that everyone's so lucky :p

noneo
08-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Just to add to the thread, I have gotten SunWalker helm in Outer Limits, Scavenger Rifles in UR, and the good Engineer Claws (Green, I forgot the name) in UR.

Also, that is great to know about the chest differences! Thanks!

Formora
08-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Ooh sunwalker in outer limits? Nice.

I believe the common greens (rusted pistol, scavenger rifle, scrapper) should drop in all maps.

Register
08-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Guardian does NOT have a 100% green drop rate at all lol. Me and a group killed it and everybody got trash...

EDIT: Are these special chests in all levels or just Ruins?