PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends Weapon Ideas Thread

Conradin
08-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Do you have a great idea for a star legends Weapon? Well post it here! We can discuss each others ideas, build of them and show off concept art.

Heres my ideas:

Engineer 1h : Energy throwing globes. Have you seen Starwars phantom menace where Jar-Jar-Binks has those blue globes? It would be like this. You could run out of balls, and then you would be weaponless. Different color globes could mean different procs etc. The higher level globes could explode on contact make them Aoe. They can be equipped with shields. Medium damage, medium range, medium speed weapons that allow engineers to do Aoe damage while staying in the back of the team and healing/buff.

Operative 1h : Laser whip . This would be a glowing long blue/red/green/etc whip, that would have a 12 meter range or so. When we get shields, this could go with them for a more close range style of fighting. Very fast high dps weapon.

Commando 1h : Power fist. This would be a thick gauntlet type cover for the right hand. Think of it like Hellboy arm mixed with a medieval chain link glove. Except glowing/sparking and spiked. This would almost have no range, however could be held with a shield. These gloves would be Aoe becuase in one swipe you could hit many. Slow but huge damage

Just my ideas, ill add some concept art. We want your Ideas!! So comment, critique, and add to the ideas.

Disclaimer: No trolling allowed

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Love the commando idea. Fists are already in the game, so are 1Handers, put them together and melee range! :)

Roc
08-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Like the talons for dex in PL, in SL there could be something similar like grenades, where the player is actually throwing something as opposed to shooting. Maybe a missile launcher weapon too, for good explosive fun :afro:

Deathpunch
08-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Mmm... Sweet power fists!

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2506/fist.jpg

And just because... Some lightning claws.

http://pbr127.photobucket.com/albums/p132/thatguynamedsean/Warhammer%2040K/11b.jpg?t=1241977881

Conradin
08-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Mmm... Sweet power fists!

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2506/fist.jpg

And just because... Some lightning claws.

http://pbr127.photobucket.com/albums/p132/thatguynamedsean/Warhammer%2040K/11b.jpg?t=1241977881

sweet picks

groundhawg
09-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Glad I used the search function, I was on the verge if making a similar topic for such discussion.

This is less of a suggestion and more of a brainstorming session/wish-list.

More weapons with effects or different functions would be nice. Right now, the cannon has AOE and everything else just kind of does damage in various amounts and at different rates. A flamethrower would rock. It could have AOE capability at short range with a chance to set enemies on fire inflicting DOT. Base damage could be balanced with those abilities taken into consideration. Perhaps it could also take up the back slot in your inventory in addition to both hands, as in you've got fuel tanks on your back or something. Could help keep it from being overpowered.

How about a shotgun? Could inflict AOE damage in a cone similar to Graviton Slam. Would do a lot of damage to single targets at point blank range, but lose effectiveness at distances, spreading the damage thinly over multiple enemies.

I think a chance to stun on the Engineers' gloves would be a nice function and give people a reason to use them. And would be fitting seeing as how the already spout lightning.

keven
09-23-2011, 09:21 PM
A great idea to make the game better is to fix the lag and put like this little. Creature that u have that helps u kill monsters. That would be a good idea. :) on star legend please think about doing that

keven
09-23-2011, 09:25 PM
And a nother idea is to make this weapon for enginner the weapon is a claw. With flame on it:) that would be awesome

keven
09-23-2011, 09:34 PM
And u can put like a hover skate board. Which makes u go faster

nubie
09-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Can we upgrade a weapon or armors to a better one?? Upgrade the attack power, def, hit%, dodge or else.

BodMaster
09-24-2011, 03:58 AM
Do you have a great idea for a star legends Weapon? Well post it here! We can discuss each others ideas, build of them and show off concept art.

Heres my ideas:

Engineer 1h : Energy throwing globes. Have you seen Starwars phantom menace where Jar-Jar-Binks has those blue globes? It would be like this. You could run out of balls, and then you would be weaponless. Different color globes could mean different procs etc. The higher level globes could explode on contact make them Aoe. They can be equipped with shields. Medium damage, medium range, medium speed weapons that allow engineers to do Aoe damage while staying in the back of the team and healing/buff.

Operative 1h : Laser whip . This would be a glowing long blue/red/green/etc whip, that would have a 12 meter range or so. When we get shields, this could go with them for a more close range style of fighting. Very fast high dps weapon.

Commando 1h : Power fist. This would be a thick gauntlet type cover for the right hand. Think of it like Hellboy arm mixed with a medieval chain link glove. Except glowing/sparking and spiked. This would almost have no range, however could be held with a shield. These gloves would be Aoe becuase in one swipe you could hit many. Slow but huge damage

Just my ideas, ill add some concept art. We want your Ideas!! So comment, critique, and add to the ideas.

Disclaimer: No trolling allowed

Awesome ideas Conrad! Missed this one.. like the Engi and Op but love the Com (wonder who my main is? :p)

And u can put like a hover skate board. Which makes u go faster

Edit is your friend please read here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37676-Keys-to-Surviving-the-Forum), nice suggestions though :)

SuperNas
09-30-2011, 04:12 AM
A Laser Shotgun! That blows enemies back also give it aoe DMV too

Vampiricqueen
09-30-2011, 10:38 AM
I think it would be nice to see some old school dug up items like a old fashioned 6 shooter and a shotgun for the commandos. Lol maybe like some boxing gloves for you healers out there =p

digilaz
09-30-2011, 12:16 PM
How about automatic rifles, with less damage so they don't outclass existing weapons, but fire faster.
Also, weapons shouldn't be usable by what you are (IE Eng, com, or op) what made PL so fun was that you could level appropriately to what weapons you wanted your avatar to use, and intertwine your specials with different weapons.

Gazroast
09-30-2011, 01:23 PM
What confuses me is that every character is Ranged, theres no Melee.. It will be interesting for PVP that Rangers and ranged, healers/mages are ranged AND TANKS ARE RANGED!!!
Definitely need to make higher level tanks and mages into Melee characters so we can have a more even PVP later on.

Gazroast
09-30-2011, 01:25 PM
I think it would be nice to see some old school dug up items like a old fashioned 6 shooter and a shotgun for the commandos. Lol maybe like some boxing gloves for you healers out there =p

+1
I like to relic idea!!!

Gazroast
09-30-2011, 01:27 PM
A great idea to make the game better is to fix the lag and put like this little. Creature that u have that helps u kill monsters. That would be a good idea. :) on star legend please think about doing that

You mean like a familiar/pet that you have to feed/train/gain exp on so it becomes stronger and helps you kill/kite etc?
+1
This would be AWESOME!!

angelofmercy
10-01-2011, 09:27 AM
I would like to see "the ripley" a flame thrower and pulse rifle duct taped together,
You could use op's flame attack for animation
A predator combo of shoulder mounted plasma cannon (high damage slow speed) and claws (high dps ) would be cool
Also what about some negatives for weapons eg. High dps but -10 to hit ?

ProSophist
10-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I love the idea of Commandos having a slow, yet hard hitting power fists. Class exclusive of course.

Though I can't imagine Operatives using their skills with a whip. I was thinking more of an automatic laser rifle exclusively for their class. Of course it would be the fastest weapon in game like dual pistols are right now.

Nightarcher
10-01-2011, 10:45 PM
For a commando, I want to see:

2h: An extremely slow (think 1.5 speed) AOE rocket launcher which hits extremely hard. There's a reason they're called Heavy Weapons! ;)

1h: Picture an electro-shock spear, similar to the Shock Lance in Pocket Legends. It would be melee, but still have a medium range. This too would be pretty slow, maybe 1.0-1.3 speed, with sizable damage and an armor-reduction proc.

Conradin
10-01-2011, 10:52 PM
What about aoe phasers??? These guns would do 0 damage, and have - crit and hit, but would stun the mobs if the shot landed. It would be reasonable slow, but would help out te ops and coms a ton- stunning the mobs before they are blasted to death.

digilaz
10-06-2011, 12:24 AM
There should definitely be a difference in weapons between which character you choose. And I miss the old str/dex/int requirements to wield different weapons from pl. Definitely a good way to add to customization. I get tired of seeing clones run around with my exact setup. Commando with shockers anyone? How about a dual pistol wielding engineer? I think we've already seen that this can be done...