PDA

View Full Version : School is so busy.

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 08:52 PM
It's week 6 now, it started in week 4.

I do 4 subjects, 2 marketing subjects, one global business subject, and one organisational behaviour subject.

Week 4 - Case study
Week 5 - 30% 1k word Report Due
Week 6 - 20% report, 30% 2k word essay due.
Week 7 - 2 midterms
Week 8 - Case study and presentation critique
Week 9 - Presentation and report due

Break for 13 days. I can't wait!

/endrant

I know school is just starting for some or most of you guys, hope it goes well! I, fortunately, manage my time better this semester so I can still play and forum quite often. I paid for it dearly last semester, I missed an entire month of school, grades showed it clearly. The first big chunk of my assessments have been due or are due soon, so if I do really well there I could have less pressure towards the end. Wish me luck!

A shout out to all the uni under/postgrad students out there!

Matutd
08-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Good luck :D

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks! I wonder where you got that idea from.. :D

SUPAPRODIGY
08-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Good luck bud we will miss u here on forums.

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Good luck bud we will miss u here on forums.

Thanks! But I'll be around, never fully leave ;)

CrimsonTider
08-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Good luck, Rev. Like I told Parth, school first. PL will always be here.

Nourish
08-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Just wondering but.. Omg I'm not looking forward to college *gasp*. 2k word essay :0 I'd rather not eat for 3 days :)

I kid... But best of luck and GET GOOD GRADES! I kid with my friends in highschool always saying "This is were it matters!" when I sit in the front row etc :)))

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Hahaha. Thanks Crim. You'll still see me around often :)

2k words isn't that hard. Trust me, with the material given, it's a challenge to limit it to 2k words rather than reach 2k words :)

Conradin
08-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Just wondering but.. Omg I'm not looking forward to college *gasp*. 2k word essay :0 I'd rather not eat for 3 days :)

I kid... But best of luck and GET GOOD GRADES! I kid with my friends in highschool always saying "This is were it matters!" when I sit in the front row etc :)))

Not eat for 3 days!!! *Gasp* food is too good!!!! But I am also in school and have soccer+lotsa work. So I can only play at night, and in weekends. Backto those sweet 2am farming runs every once in a while.

Otukura
08-29-2011, 10:37 PM
2k words isn't that hard. Trust me, with the material given, it's a challenge to limit it to 2k words rather than reach 2k words :)

They're giving you the material?!?! Lucky. We had to do a project for history last year... first person sources only. Get like one sentence from a document in Latin, translate it.. search around for another sentence and dance for joy when you found one.

Good luck!

Samhayne
08-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Learn, learn, learn, it's worth it!

Ellyidol
08-29-2011, 11:00 PM
@Otu

Oh no, they don't! Still the same, find academic sources blah3x. My biggest enemy in these stuff, finding sources.

@Sam

Thanks! Your very own Cassiric is actually the reason for a few of my marketing subjects and one of my biggest motivators for me to start doing well :p

Zaltiar
08-30-2011, 01:18 AM
accounting and finance...... :| /wrist.
mid sem exams in less than 2 weeks now., exactly on my birthday. no partying, no getting drunk.
i'll be nerding it up in the library. asdoifjaswofljakkk.
good luck to you bro, i've got a 5000 eassy for marketing due in 3 months. :) ......;__;

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 01:26 AM
accounting and finance...... :| /wrist.
mid sem exams in less than 2 weeks now., exactly on my birthday. no partying, no getting drunk.
i'll be nerding it up in the library. asdoifjaswofljakkk.
good luck to you bro, i've got a 5000 eassy for marketing due in 3 months. :) ......;__;

Now THAT is heavy. My brother (younger than me, but same year in uni, weird huh) is also doing finance. I can already tell how difficult that math is. I can do statistical math, slightly, but not a big fan of financial math at all. Accounting is more doable :p

Good luck to you as well!

CrimsonTider
08-30-2011, 06:25 AM
Elly is right, 2k words in college is just a small warmup. My thesis for my Master's was 37 pages, single spaced. :/

Physiologic
08-30-2011, 11:04 AM
You'll miss college once you start working full-time :(

StompArtist
08-30-2011, 11:10 AM
You'll miss college once you start working full-time :(

Yes definitely. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Hmm. Been hearing that quite often. I'm curious, and not that I mean you don't like your field, but do you enjoy working? I mean at the end of the day, even after how gruesome work is, can you say you enjoy what you do? :)

CrimsonTider
08-30-2011, 11:18 AM
You just have more responsibility once your "school" career is over. College days were carefree... only had to worry about the occassional assignment.

BTW, I love being a teacher. Nothing is more satisfying than molding young people and seeing them learn and grow.

Navygreen
08-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Much respect to you! The grass is greener on the other side of that fence! Will all pay off if you play the cards right. :)

LADYHADASSA
08-30-2011, 03:34 PM
It's week 6 now, it started in week 4.

I do 4 subjects, 2 marketing subjects, one global business subject, and one organisational behaviour subject.

Week 4 - Case study
Week 5 - 30% 1k word Report Due
Week 6 - 20% report, 30% 2k word essay due.
Week 7 - 2 midterms
Week 8 - Case study and presentation critique
Week 9 - Presentation and report due

Break for 13 days. I can't wait!

/endrant

I know school is just starting for some or most of you guys, hope it goes well! I, fortunately, manage my time better this semester so I can still play and forum quite often. I paid for it dearly last semester, I missed an entire month of school, grades showed it clearly. The first big chunk of my assessments have been due or are due soon, so if I do really well there I could have less pressure towards the end. Wish me luck!

A shout out to all the uni under/postgrad students out there!

I feel for you elli i am taking 5 week advanced classes into finals every 5th week, the reports and study load is wow! im jealous you have a break! lolz but happy for you, (I have one break a year at Christmas for 12 days.) what is your major?

Physiologic
08-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Hmm. Been hearing that quite often. I'm curious, and not that I mean you don't like your field, but do you enjoy working? I mean at the end of the day, even after how gruesome work is, can you say you enjoy what you do? :)

I do like what I do but I had a lot of fun in college despite being stressed out...simple things like finding time with your friends to hang out can get very difficult to do once everyone goes their separate ways :p

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 09:51 PM
You just have more responsibility once your "school" career is over. College days were carefree... only had to worry about the occassional assignment.

BTW, I love being a teacher. Nothing is more satisfying than molding young people and seeing them learn and grow.

True true, much like high school? :p

Much respect to you! The grass is greener on the other side of that fence! Will all pay off if you play the cards right. :)

Thank you! :)

I feel for you elli i am taking 5 week advanced classes into finals every 5th week, the reports and study load is wow! im jealous you have a break! lolz but happy for you, (I have one break a year at Christmas for 12 days.) what is your major?

Yeah, we get very generous breaks when we do. My summer break is roughly 4 months :D

I'm doing a commerce degree, marketing major. I'm still thinking whether to do a second major, considering digital media to pair up with marketing. Headed towards STS ;)

I do like what I do but I had a lot of fun in college despite being stressed out...simple things like finding time with your friends to hang out can get very difficult to do once everyone goes their separate ways :p

Hmm you're right.. What if I don't have any friends? :( lol jk! But I do hope I can at least make the most out of college so I can feel this when I go work :p