PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5 concepts, real or fake?

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 07:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzsBwnv_dAg&feature=share

I (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzsBwnv_dAg&feature=share) call fake!

Apple is good, very good, in terms of stuff like this, but they aren't Stark Industries!

Zaltiar
08-30-2011, 07:52 AM
If its a concept. Its a "concept". Lol

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 07:56 AM
It's portrayed to be 'in' the phone already though, at least it seems so. But I agree, concept is concept :)

Navygreen
08-30-2011, 08:19 AM
If its a concept. Its a "concept". Lol

Yeah pretty much lol! A little over the top I think.. The laser keyboard looked cool.. The holographic display was a little corny.. But I supposed that's where our future is headed.. For an iPhone? Ehh...

I am excited to see a new version of my iTouch though :D

Redbridge
08-30-2011, 08:22 AM
The holographic display is only 2d!! How is Princess Leia meant to send her 3d messages. Lol.

Also would the projected keyboard have to have some sort of auto-focus built in to account for the thickness of a cover?

Would be great to see this sort of stuff though. How far away do we reckon we are from this.

Devices that thick? Possible now. The keyboard? Possible now. Holographic displays? 5-10 years?

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 08:23 AM
I agree. The keyboard is almost believable, IMO. Isn't there something like that already? Laser keyboard. I've seen a few used in shows like Pimp my Ride :D

What gave it away was how thin it was and the holographics, IMO. I can only imagine what kind of battery or energy source they are using if it is THAT thin yet can do holograms.

I'd say for the holograms (I agree, its 2D), yes another 5-10 sounds right. The integration of all this into one though.. Hard to tell.

Redbridge
08-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Great find... I'm addicted to shiny things, so this is right up my street.

The wallet doesn't have enough to cope with my addiction though, and is stretched even further by the wife and kids, motorbiking, scuba diving and climbing. I need to give one or two up, don't i? Hobbies, not kids.... Although there's an idea....lol

Watched a program last night on the best 100 gadgets ever. And is pretty amazing that we only had typewriters only 20-30 years ago. And calculators, digital watches are relatively new. Pretty excited to see what the next iPod, Segway, mobile, etc break through moment is gonna be.

I predict major improvement in home automation (& lifestyle improvement) may be one of the next big things. Operating oven, curtains, TV's or anything electrical from a portable device, lets say your mobile. All remotes controls in the house, integrated on the same device. Wandering round the house, with your device/phone in your pocket and the music or even TV follows you round the house as you move. Lights all controllable from a button press (night time theme, day theme, watching a movie theme, etc). Scanners inside your fridge/cupboards so every time you take sometime out, it's added to an online shopping list for delivery the next week/day. It's all there now but just isn't converged or mainstream yet. Exciting times.

Navygreen
08-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Technology is getting too great. We're doomed. Humans are too smart for their own good. Srry guys lol.

:(

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm right there with you Red. Although I'm still a student, I'm really interested in all the gadgety stuff, digital stuff, etc. Hence my addiction to mobile online gaming :)

I agree, I can see improvements there. In my opinion, Apple would be able to make so much more money if they found a way to reduce their price to be able to incorporate their products into houses.

Imagine an entire household able to be controlled by an iPad? Ovens, entertainment systems (we already see this, Apple TV, etc), lights, anything really!

I've recently learnt that Apple's products are very integrated to our everyday lives because of their synergy. iTunes connects all the iOS' and other Apple devices.

Limitless, I would say, are the possibilities. Sad to see Jobs go though, if he was responsible for all the insight of all these products we have today.

Cytokinesis
08-30-2011, 04:55 PM
too thin :/

TANKKAAR
08-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Wow... Absolutely amazing! To bad its not real :-( that's the type of product that would make me go back to Apple....lol

JaytB
08-31-2011, 05:50 AM
I WANT ONE!!! (and don't tell me they don't exist, I'd still want one :D )

Corpser
08-31-2011, 06:03 AM
who would want that! has same features as my ipod 110th generation exept mines thinner!

Xazic
08-31-2011, 06:24 AM
That is so fake... Apple is amazing, true, but it is still kinda high-tech for them ATM.

Uzikrabd
09-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Apple is good, very good, in terms of stuff like this, but they aren't Stark Industries!

Yeah never even seen holograms (real life), not thinking apple to be first to make