PDA

View Full Version : Tapping to move and joystick problem

Snipehard
08-30-2011, 08:06 AM
Whenever i join one of the group in BS game, i seem to be moving slowly when i am using the joystick...Strangely, if i use tap to move, i tends move faster than the joystick, which is a bit annoying. I used to prefer joystick because i hate misclicking text box lol.
I use tap to move a lot today but it is resulting a lot of death... It would be nice for you devs to fix this, making the game smoother.
I have 2,054 deaths and 40,294 kills, which is terrible for avian archer at lvl 56 lol :ambivalence:

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm quite sure that the move speed using the joystick and tap-to-move is equal.

Maybe it's just your perception that it moves quicker? :)

Snipehard
08-30-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm quite sure that the move speed using the joystick and tap-to-move is equal.

Maybe it's just your perception that it moves quicker? :)

Yeah i mean the moving speed thing, but what im trying to say is that, when im using the joystick, moving along with the rest of the team, one of them (team-mate) move faster than me even though they don't have elixir effects or anything like that.

Yeah, i prefer running really quick but the problem is that the joystick and tap to move are not equal, which they should be :uncomfortableness:

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Yeah i mean the moving speed thing, but what im trying to say is that, when im using the joystick, moving along with the rest of the team, one of them (team-mate) move faster than me even though they don't have elixir effects or anything like that.

Yeah, i prefer running really quick but the problem is that the joystick and tap to move are not equal, which they should be =/

I'm not sure how that's possible.. Maybe try and actually pointing the joystick full at one direction? I know my finger tends to sway side to side a bit, it may influence your move speed perception.

If not, maybe your teammate was on a speed elixir?

I've also experienced that my teammate is actually ahead of me, but because I lag, it gives the impression that they are behind me then suddenly ahead of me.

I want to assure you though, that move speed using the joystick or tap-to-move is exactly the same :)

Snipehard
08-30-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure how that's possible.. Maybe try and actually pointing the joystick full at one direction? I know my finger tends to sway side to side a bit, it may influence your move speed perception.

If not, maybe your teammate was on a speed elixir?

I've also experienced that my teammate is actually ahead of me, but because I lag, it gives the impression that they are behind me then suddenly ahead of me.

I want to assure you though, that move speed using the joystick or tap-to-move is exactly the same :)

Ah, that's good to hear then :smile:

Well, i didn't have the lag thing like that, everything was perfectly normal runs, the next minute the rest of the team running ahead of me (without elixir), but yeah i agree with you, this happens often when i lag a bit.

So i converted my pure Dex into a Warbird, to increase survivability with a average ping of 300-450 :chargrined:

Maybe this move speed thing changes depending on your ping, but i hate dying a lot :offended:

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Ah, that's good to hear then :smile:

Well, i didn't have the lag thing like that, everything was perfectly normal runs, the next minute the rest of the team running ahead of me (without elixir), but yeah i agree with you, this happens often when i lag a bit.

So i converted my pure Dex into a Warbird, to increase survivability with a average ping of 300-450 :chargrined:

Maybe this move speed thing changes depending on your ping, but i hate dying a lot :offended:

Yeah, I think ping definitely affects how we see move speed.

It's more apparent in PvP, when an opponent seems to be out of range then suddenly is in range almost instantly.

I have the same ping too, 300-450. I get 250 at times, when it's good :p Hopefully you'll get used to it soon, but I wouldn't attribute dying often to lag too much. You'll improve :D