PDA

View Full Version : Housing 2.0 Guide

Pages : [1] 2

Justg
07-12-2016, 09:45 AM
These features were compiled from this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?333309-Housing-Feedback

More Privacy Options

Choose to allow Friends, Guild Mates and / or Party Members into your house.
Choose any combination of these options to customize your House privacy settings!
Don't forget: you can choose to allow pets or have visitors auto-dismiss pets when they arrive.

Mail

Home owners can now send Mail messages to each other!

Mail can be sent to players even when they're off-line.

To get started: tap on the Mailbox icon in your House to browse the Inbox or Compose new mail.

Mail messages have a thousand (1000) character limit and require one (1) Postage Stamp (new game currency) to send. All existing Home owners and new Home buyers get a free book of ten (10) Stamps. Buy more from the Mailbox menu.

Display Cases

Now you can put your favorite banners and weapons on display in your house!
Buy the Banner Display Case or the Weapon Display case from the Furniture Store.
Use the Display Case furniture item and select a Banner or Weapon from your inventory to display.

The default Display Case will disappear in order to show off your selected Weapon in its full glory!
Move the displayed item (like any other piece of furniture) via the House Edit menu.
You can remove the item from the Display Case and put it back in your inventory.

Locations

Enchanted lands add beauty, style, and a sense of place to your House... and a new set of permanent powers for your character!

Choose from four epic Locations: Brackenridge Forest, Nordr Mountains, Tindirin Volcano, and The City!

+ Owning the Brackenridge Forest Location increases your Health.

+ Purchase of the Nordr Mountains Location increases your Mana.

+ The Tindirin Volcano Location increases your Damage.

+ And the City (available only to Tavern owners) increases Loot Re-roll Chance!

Buffs are affected by House type: the bigger the House, the better the Buff.

Keep in mind: you will receive a buff for every Location that you own, regardless of which one you choose to show!

Old Values:

Starter
Cottage
Lodge
Tavern

Forest
Health
+25
+50
+100
+200

Mountains
Mana
+25
+50
+100
+200

Volcano
Damage
+0.5
+1.0
+1.5
+2.0

City
Loot Re-roll
-
-
-
+2%

EDIT: We've been discussing these values and have decided to bump up the power gained from the free options as well as making the curve a bit more linear. New values:

Starter
Cottage
Lodge
Tavern

Forest
Health
+50
+100
+150
+200

Mountains
Mana
+50
+100
+150
+200

Volcano
Damage
+0.5
+1.0
+1.5
+2.0

City
Loot Re-roll
-
-
-
+2%

Please note that you cannot walk around in these environments.

Upkeep

We are working on finding the right balance for Upkeep. A couple of weeks ago we cut the Upkeep costs in half (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?342049-Upkeep-Changes-Coming-6-23-16), with 2.0 we are also making it so players can take the Weekly Estate Token quest every week regardless of their current upkeep standing.

Furniture Features

Deluxe Beds can now accommodate two (2) players at the same time!
The new Lodge Hot Tub can seat up to four (4) players simultaneously!

Other items can only be used by one player at a time - so first come, first served.
But don't forget: Home Owners are always allowed to use their own furniture.

Display Ownership

When you enter a house you are reminded who the owner is. No more wondering whose party you are at!

Please let us know your thoughts and what else you would like to see in the comments below, and see ya at Goldilox's House Party!

- g

Kakashis
07-13-2016, 01:19 PM
Awesomeness! Vanity display case!

Gouiwaa9000
07-13-2016, 01:25 PM
WOW. I guess its finally time to pay that upkeep...

resurrected
07-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Looks cool!

Zeus
07-13-2016, 01:33 PM
The permanent buffs are able to be used in a PvP and PvE environment?

Cinco
07-13-2016, 01:34 PM

Yes. Everywhere.

Oakmaiden
07-13-2016, 01:36 PM
What about more slots for furnishings? Its the one thing all homeowners have begged for!

Spell
I hope these house buffs are only in pve xD...

Kakashis
So to own different locations, we need to own 4 houses plus location? Can we change the location?

Cinco
07-13-2016, 01:38 PM
So to own different locations, we need to own 4 houses plus location? Can we change the location?

You can choose to display any environment that you own. You get a buff for every Environment that you own (regardless of what you choose to show).

Zeus
07-13-2016, 01:42 PM
Yes. Everywhere.

Epic! Now just to fork over 1k platinum for tavern... :D

And finally, a use for my plethora of banners!

Asron9
07-13-2016, 01:46 PM
wow soo cool, very useful to have a house now :))

Sent from my Lenovo A1900 using Tapatalk

Avaree
07-13-2016, 01:50 PM
Yes. Everywhere.

I don't own an establishment, there for I have some questions. :)

Can a player own more than one establishment? If so, do the four lands stack for each establishment owned, or would a player have to buy the four lands for each establishment owned, and would those buffs stack?

Thanks in advance,
Ava

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 01:55 PM
3 words. I love it. Especially the display cases.

Cinco

Can a player own more than one home? If so, do the four lands stack for each establishment owned, or would a player have to buy the four lands for each establishment owned, and would those buffs stack?

Thanks in advance,
Ava

Players can only own one (1) home at a time. Players can own any number of House Deeds (which they can trade), but they can only have one (1) active House to place furniture, invite friends, etc.

If the player has all of the Locations for their Home, they get all of the associated buffs. Players can choose to display any of the Locations they own without worrying about losing access to one of the buffs.

So if a Home owner has the Forest, the Mountains and the Volcano they'll have the Health, Mana and the Damage buffs active at all times.

Kakashis
Sounds like you buy any establishment and then you need to buy the lands. Now it's a matter of cost. I still am strongly against upkeep. 1k plat fine. Just about everything furniture is plat also, fine. But upkeep on the largest, just isn't possible for the free players.

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 01:57 PM
Wait wait, so when is this implementation taking place?

Carapace

Can a player own more than one establishment? If so, do the four lands stack for each establishment owned, or would a player have to buy the four lands for each establishment owned, and would those buffs stack?

Thanks in advance,
Ava

to quote Cinco: "You can choose to display any environment that you own. You get a buff for every Environment that you own (regardless of what you choose to show)."

You can only own one establishment, however you can own all of the environments and receive the buff for the level of your establishment. The Buffs do stack. The particulars of how this works is that if you own a Tavern and buy all of the Environments you will receive 200 Health, 200 mana, 2.0 Damage, and 2% luck reroll. If you decide to downgrade to a Cottage, you still keep the environments but the benefit is reduced to 50 Health, 50 mana, 1.0 Damage, and the luck is no longer applied.

Hpnvx
Most twinks are going to hate this, the buff stats are so unnecessarily in pvp.

Carapace
07-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Wait wait, so when is this implementation taking place?

I believe this comes out tomorrow :)

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 01:59 PM
Sweeeeeeet, this means my tavern will look nice, + help me kill guys. Hehehehe

Avaree
07-13-2016, 02:02 PM
Players can only own one (1) home at a time. Players can own any number of House Deeds (which they can trade), but they can only have one (1) active House to place furniture, invite friends, etc.

If the player has all of the Locations for their Home, they get all of the associated buffs. Players can choose to display any of the Locations they own without worrying about losing access to one of the buffs.

So if a Home owner has the Forest, the Mountains and the Volcano they'll have the Health, Mana and the Damage buffs active at all times.
to quote Cinco: "You can choose to display any environment that you own. You get a buff for every Environment that you own (regardless of what you choose to show)."

You can only own one establishment, however you can own all of the environments and receive the buff for the level of your establishment. The Buffs do stack. The particulars of how this works is that if you own a Tavern and buy all of the Environments you will receive 200 Health, 200 mana, 2.0 Damage, and 2% luck reroll. If you decide to downgrade to a Cottage, you still keep the environments but the benefit is reduced to 50 Health, 50 mana, 1.0 Damage, and the luck is no longer applied.

Thanks Cinco & Cara :)

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Pay 2 win:dispirited:

Lawpvp
07-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Yes. Everywhere.

Great, even more pay to win now.

Terminhater
07-13-2016, 02:21 PM
I love what u guys doing and giving players additional buffs, BUT upkeep for plat homes needs to STAHP!

Hence I am homeless, don't want to run around for tokens when I pay real cash for a virtual home. I want to play the game not spend what little time I have chasing tokens.

P.S when the plat house is upkeep free, I would like to build a wall cos, like, I hate you all. KTHNXBAI

Arkiouj
07-13-2016, 02:25 PM
We should see how this plays out but this really looks like a bad idea.

Ravager
07-13-2016, 02:35 PM
I dislike the idea of having Locations Buff. This makes it feel like I NEED to have a house and with that, an expensive one, to be competitive.

diimitrii
07-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Yay, thank you for making the game even more Pay2Play, now we farmers will have no chance on anything for the LB with these buffs. I thought you said during the Ren'gol expansion that you guys are trying to make the game more Farm2Play, the way I see it is that lately the only thing that gets you going in the game are those frigging insane overpriced platinum. But whatever, its probably me who hasnt got is head right.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 02:36 PM
Question: Do those buffs only apply when upkeep gets paid (house is active) or also when house is inactive?

Cinco
07-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Question: Do those buffs only apply when upkeep gets paid (house is active) or also when house is inactive?

The House needs to be Active in order for you to receive the Buffs.

Ardbeg
07-13-2016, 02:40 PM
I love the additions to Northal, but i can't see how this buff system is not ending in drama and frustration. How will evicted players react after they spent a lot for the tavern and the buffs and find out they can't keep up?

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Geeeeeez, all these haters. Listen people, I have never spent a cent on this game, yet I have a fully furnished tavern, plenty of gold, and a good pet. What more can you ask for? Play hard, and you will be rewarded. Just saying. It may be that YOU are at fault, or too lazy blah blah blah, not actually StS. Think about that.

Blazerland
07-13-2016, 02:44 PM
nice update. i just hope you can customize the welcome message when someone enters your house.

thekragle
07-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Getting REALLY tired of the "pay to win" negative comments. Every game is pay to play or win! Wanna play Xbox, buy the console and the $50 game. Wanna play Arcane Legends, free to play 90% of the game and if you want an advantage it costs real money, duh!!!! Without the pay to win aspects Sts and Arcane Legends doesnt exist!
Stop complaining and get a job or ask your parents for your allowance so you can buy some plat. -----End Rant

Btw Sts, great job with this update, absolutely awesome. My plat is ready for Housing 2.0

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Yay, thank you for making the game even more Pay2Play, now we farmers will have no chance on anything for the LB with these buffs. I thought you said during the Ren'gol expansion that you guys are trying to make the game more Farm2Play, the way I see it is that lately the only thing that gets you going in the game are those frigging insane overpriced platinum. But whatever, its probably me who hasnt got is head right.

Indeed. Wrong :P

Hercules
07-13-2016, 02:49 PM
Very cool and good work STS each day I love more the game <3

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Getting REALLY tired of the "pay to win" negative comments. Every game is pay to play or win! Wanna play Xbox, buy the console and the $50 game. Wanna play Arcane Legends, free to play 90% of the game and if you want an advantage it costs real money, duh!!!! Without the pay to win aspects Sts and Arcane Legends doesnt exist!
Stop complaining and get a job or ask your parents for your allowance so you can buy some plat. -----End Rant

Btw Sts, great job with this update, absolutely awesome. My plat is ready for Housing 2.0

Buy Xbox once and you can play. No not every game is pay to win/play. Well you can pay in every game for some kind of advantage but you are not forced to in order to reach top gear/stats are whatever.

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Geeeeeez, all these haters. Listen people, I have never spent a cent on this game, yet I have a fully furnished tavern, plenty of gold, and a good pet. What more can you ask for? Play hard, and you will be rewarded. Just saying. It may be that YOU are at fault, or too lazy blah blah blah, not actually StS. Think about that.

Merch > Farm so stand in towns hard :witless:

Energizeric
07-13-2016, 02:53 PM
I dislike the idea of having Locations Buff. This makes it feel like I NEED to have a house and with that, an expensive one, to be competitive.

I agree. This housing idea was originally presented as being optional. Now they are making it necessary, especially for twinks where +200 health is a huge deal.

diimitrii
07-13-2016, 02:54 PM
Haters? If we really hated the game we wouldnt be playing, just saying. I didnt spend much on the game aswell and i'm also pretty settled in game but everything that releases, every event that has been released has to do a lot with platinum these days. I remember some fun weekend events like 2x planar arena chests, etc. That was quiet fun back than, why cant we have such 'non-plat related' events? It would be appreciated by a lot of us.

Not even to mention about the return of Slag maybe? Well now i did mention and i know that this is plat related but i badly want it :3
Because why do they return those arcane pets in lockeds but no lemon and lime or slag or ripmaw or any of those has been returned in another form. And for lemon and lime, how long did we get the oppertunity to obtain that pet?not long lol but i'm going out of topic so anyways

Darkquantum
07-13-2016, 02:55 PM
I don't like the idea of buff's that you now need but must keep paying for to use in pvp and pve.

Yes ok people will say bro dont be silly you dont need it, its an option. But when you pvp and everyone else has it lol you kinda need it. Like when everyone has nekro for instance.

The idea's are great! but keep having to pay for it?? Its like the pet hunger all over again but several times worse. An implementation im guessing we cant vote yes or no for or change.

I like everything but the keep having to pay for it part, with any kind of currency!

Cheers sts :)

diimitrii
07-13-2016, 03:02 PM

Its not because you may be spoiled or wtf ever that every1 else is too, i cant afford to buy enough plats to get me somewhere in game but i would do this:
If STS makes an expansion, i would gladly pay 15-30 euros to play the expansion but i wont pay 15-30 euros a week for Arcane Legends just to get somewhere. And its like those plat players dont have enough advantage on us already right?

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Haters? If we really hated the game we wouldnt be playing, just saying. I didnt spend much on the game aswell and i'm also pretty settled in game but everything that releases, every event that has been released has to do a lot with platinum these days. I remember some fun weekend events like 2x planar arena chests, etc. That was quiet fun back than, why cant we have such 'non-plat related' events? It would be appreciated by a lot of us.

Not even to mention about the return of Slag maybe? Well now i did mention and i know that this is plat related but i badly want it :3
Because why do they return those arcane pets in lockeds but no lemon and lime or slag or ripmaw or any of those has been returned in another form. And for lemon and lime, how long did we get the oppertunity to obtain that pet?not long lol but i'm going out of topic so anyways

Its not that you are hating the game, its hating the events. Also, think about it this way. STS NEEDS money to keep the game operating. They make money by people buying platinum! Therefore, without people buying platinum, there would be no game. Is this REALLY what you want?

Traosabara
07-13-2016, 03:05 PM

Could this "undersea environment" be a teaser for the next expansion?

diimitrii
07-13-2016, 03:06 PM
Its not that you are hating the game, its hating the events. Also, think about it this way. STS NEEDS money to keep the game operating. They make money by people buying platinum! Therefore, without people buying platinum, there would be no game. Is this REALLY what you want?
Its not like they dont earn enough that they need to add something to drain platinum more. Week after week, Update after update.

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 03:08 PM
I don't like the idea of buff's that you now need but must keep paying for to use in pvp and pve.

Yes ok people will say bro dont be silly you dont need it, its an option. But when you pvp and everyone else has it lol you kinda need it. Like when everyone has nekro for instance.

The idea's are great! but keep having to pay for it?? Its like the pet hunger all over again but several times worse. An implementation im guessing we cant vote yes or no for or change.

I like everything but the keep having to pay for it part, with any kind of currency!

Cheers sts :)

100% agreed. (ran out of thanks :wink:)

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 03:10 PM
Its not like they dont earn enough that they need to add something to drain platinum more. Week after week, Update after update.

OHO! So you want them to stop coming out with updates huh? And how many people do you think would stay after that happened?

diimitrii
07-13-2016, 03:13 PM
OHO! So you want them to stop coming out with updates huh? And how many people do you think would stay after that happened?
Are you dumb or are you just acting? Go to school kid!

Luciano Lobo
07-13-2016, 03:13 PM

Come on, 1k plat for just 200 mana/health...?

Darkquantum
07-13-2016, 03:14 PM
Me i wish they stopped a wile ago hope the day ever comes...

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 03:16 PM
Are you dumb or are you just acting? Go to school kid!

Can't answer with anything better than an insult hmm? Let me know your IGN so I can ignore you...

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 03:16 PM

1k?? Keep in mind you need to pay upkeep every week on top of that..

diimitrii
07-13-2016, 03:19 PM
Can't answer with anything better than an insult hmm? Let me know your IGN so I can ignore you...
It wasnt my intention to begin assaulting ppl, i just get annoyed. Ofc there can be more updates, but some updates might contain some stuff we can actually farm and not things that platinum players just get from standing in town and getting it by plats.

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 03:22 PM
EXACTLY!! SO WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING THAT THEY ARE GONNA HAVE TO BUY A TAVERN TO EVEN COMPETE NOW?? Its not like everyone is going to be buying this!

Alwarez
07-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Merch > Farm so stand in towns hard :witless:

Stand in towns to get tavern, arcanes, etc? And what is the point in killing mobs, bosses? Why just not remove every map in the game except expe camp so all people will make gold "right" way?

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 03:26 PM
It wasnt my intention to begin assaulting ppl, i just get annoyed. Ofc there can be more updates, but some updates might contain some stuff we can actually farm and not things that platinum players just get from standing in town and getting it by plats.

Everyone wants to make money, don't attack StS for doing that..

diimitrii
07-13-2016, 03:27 PM
Stand in towns to get tavern, arcanes, etc? And what is the point in killing mobs, bosses? Why just not remove every map in the game except expe camp so all people will make gold "right" way?
This answer is just. WOW , respect for you dude. We are on the same level here. :)

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 03:29 PM

The rich ones are not those wasting too much time on farming... they make profit from farmers by merching, true thing.
Ofc you can't remove all maps etc. because without ppl farming, nothing to merch too.

Faliziaga
07-13-2016, 03:30 PM
How much do the environments cost?

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 03:31 PM
EXACTLY!! SO WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING THAT THEY ARE GONNA HAVE TO BUY A TAVERN TO EVEN COMPETE NOW?? Its not like everyone is going to be buying this!

lvl 56 with +200hp, wel ok not too bad. Lvl 10 with +200HP.. GG

diimitrii
07-13-2016, 03:31 PM
Everyone wants to make money, don't attack StS for doing that..
I totaly get that point, they need money for there staff, equipment and all. They earn money anyway, the whole week long ppl buy in game things that cost money. So is it too much to make some events like pure farm, no plat helps them getting at top? Like gauntlet but than with some loot. It can be other events than we have now with energy, they can be smaller , but they need to be 100% farming events, wouldnt that be great?

Alwarez
07-13-2016, 03:35 PM
The rich ones are not those wasting too much time on farming... they make profit from farmers by merching, true thing.
Ofc you can't remove all maps etc. because without ppl farming, nothing to merch too.

There are less and less farmers, since loot in last updates is coming either from plat (housing 1.0) or with huge gold gamble (bloodgrub casino). And i really doubt there are any good farmable furniture in housing 2.0. Most likely plat-only stuff again. So goodluck merching with no farmable stuff in the game.

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 03:37 PM
There are less and less farmers, since loot in last updates is coming either from plat (housing 1.0) or with huge gold gamble (bloodgrub casino). Goodluck merching with economy crash.

Better luck farming then? :stupid:

thekragle
07-13-2016, 03:40 PM
Ok, I have calmed down from my previous comment in this thread. I have pleaded with Sts for this kind of update with housing. I think without a tangible benefit to houses a lot of people dont purchase them. With these upgrades it at least give us something more than a vanity house. It gives us a reason to work hard and stay engaged and yea, if you spend plat you get an extra edge.

Sts will always listen to us and try to create balance between pay and free players but in the long run they gotta make money or there is no game so lets give them time to develop these new ideas to benefit both players.

Alwarez
07-13-2016, 03:42 PM
Better luck farming then? :stupid:

Not interested in farming mugs worth 105 gold (while plat-only dartboards,beds,discoballs start from 400k)

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 03:44 PM
Ok, I have calmed down from my previous comment in this thread. I have pleaded with Sts for this kind of update with housing. I think without a tangible benefit to houses a lot of people dont purchase them. With these upgrades it at least give us something more than a vanity house. It gives us a reason to work hard and stay engaged and yea, if you spend plat you get an extra edge.

Sts will always listen to us and try to create balance between pay and free players but in the long run they gotta make money or there is no game so lets give them time to develop these new ideas to benefit both players.

A lot ppl don't purchase them because the upkeep is simply ridiculous and now you should buy the house and pay upkeep for tavern every week..

Kingofninjas
07-13-2016, 03:45 PM
200 hp and 10 damage is a big deal in PvP, even at end game levels.

The luck seems like a great idea, because it does not give players an unfair advantage in more competitive aspects of the game like timed runs and PvP. However, these buffs, which realistically speaking, most f2p players won't be able to have, gives those who have them an unfair advantage.

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Not interested in farming mugs worth 105 gold (while plat-only dartboards,beds,discoballs start from 400k)

Yes, now we are at the "farming is useless in most ways" point.

Alwarez
07-13-2016, 03:50 PM
Yes, now we are at the "farming is useless in most ways" point.

STS could easily change it by making nice loots in housing 1 or 2 available from maps but they made all interactive and desirable loot available only with plat. Farming is made useless with decisions like this.

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 03:50 PM
200 hp and 10 damage is a big deal in PvP, even at end game levels.

The luck seems like a great idea, because it does not give players an unfair advantage in more competitive aspects of the game like timed runs and PvP. However, these buffs, which realistically speaking, most f2p players won't be able to have, gives those who have them an unfair advantage.

Right. Idk how ppl can like this update.

Zylx
07-13-2016, 03:51 PM
So is the mailing system available even if you have a house that is currently in limbo for lack of upkeep? Or do you need an active house?

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 03:53 PM
STS could easily change it by making nice loots in housing 1 or 2 available from maps but they made all interactive and desirable loot available only with plat. Farming is made useless with decisions like this.

Correct! What does this update do? Make the game even more plat-based. I dislike the plat-hunger coming up (again) recently.

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 03:55 PM
How much do the environments cost?

I would like to know that too. But probably price will be ridiculously high.

seus
07-13-2016, 03:57 PM
This is a pickup and play type of game. Many of us play this game in between real life tasks and even while taking a dump. Keep that in mind.

ilhanna
07-13-2016, 03:58 PM
The mailbox idea is nice; kind of redundant with forums and off-game chats, the postal stamp makes it impractical, but OK, it's not a bad idea. The display case will make a lot of collectors happy, though I sense a hefty price tag is involved. And the estate token quest made available even when you're being locked out is a welcome development. And if you had stopped the preview at that point, I'm sure it would already have made a great addition to the housing system. But buffs that come with environment, buffs that scale according to the size of your house? I can understand buffs that comes from weapons and pets you work hard to get and use in combat. I can understand elixir buffs. But buffs from the 'hood where you live? Can it get even more segregationist than that?

I enjoy my house. It has been fun decorating it within its limitations. But that house shouldn't be made necessary for my stats and (gasp!) luck. I'm willing to work to better my gear and stable and hence my stats, but to have these tied to the size of my house and where it's sited doesn't make sense at all. You can argue that it's optional. But if house owners wiyh stacked buffs can farm harder map faster with less death and better loot, for instance, simply because they buy environments, how do those buffs qualify as optional when they clearly give advantage? It used to be that you can try to improve your competitiveness by looting, crafting, leveling, farming or merching to get that few extra points that will make you survive better and kill faster. This environment buff goes against all that. I know you want to make housing more popular. But I can only see this feature alienating players who can't afford access to the gated community.

stricker20000
07-13-2016, 04:08 PM
The mailbox idea is nice; kind of redundant with forums and off-game chats, the postal stamp makes it impractical, but OK, it's not a bad idea. The display case will make a lot of collectors happy, though I sense a hefty price tag is involved. And the estate token quest made available even when you're being locked out is a welcome development. And if you had stopped the preview at that point, I'm sure it would already have made a great addition to the housing system. But buffs that come with environment, buffs that scale according to the size of your house? I can understand buffs that comes from weapons and pets you work hard to get and use in combat. I can understand elixir buffs. But buffs from the 'hood where you live? Can it get even more segregationist than that?

I enjoy my house. It has been fun decorating it within its limitations. But that house shouldn't be made necessary for my stats and (gasp!) luck. I'm willing to work to better my gear and stable and hence my stats, but to have these tied to the size of my house and where it's sited doesn't make sense at all. You can argue that it's optional. But if house owners wiyh stacked buffs can farm harder map faster with less death and better loot, for instance, simply because they buy environments, how do those buffs qualify as optional when they clearly give advantage? It used to be that you can try to improve your competitiveness by looting, crafting, leveling, farming or merching to get that few extra points that will make you survive better and kill faster. This environment buff goes against all that. I know you want to make housing more popular. But I can only see this feature alienating players who can't afford access to the gated community.

Yes making housing more popular would be easier but would also mean less plat needed theoretically. Just make estate tokens farmable not just this weekly quest. There should be two options: work for them or buy them for plat/gold.

If people could pay upkeep without spending plat or an pretty huge amount of gold way more people would have a house and decorate it since it wouldn't be ridiculous expensive. Many people would still buy estate tokens for plat/gold. You just need to make the upkeep farmable, it shouldn't be easy to get it but people need the choice: Work or pay?

Luciano Lobo
07-13-2016, 04:12 PM
:biggrin:
This is a pickup and play type of game. Many of us play this game in between real life tasks and even while taking a dump. Keep that in mind

Hahahaha, specially while taking a dump :wink: But seriously, just 200 hp/mana for 1k plat? It should be 300/400 at least if its going to be a plat to win option. Damage should be 2.5/3, not really desireable at the moment.

Carapace
07-13-2016, 04:25 PM
So is the mailing system available even if you have a house that is currently in limbo for lack of upkeep? Or do you need an active house?

Your house must be paid up in order to access the mail functionality. You will have notifications to inform you that there is mail waiting however even if you aren't currently paid up. By making the Weekly Estate Token quest available at all times, as well as the Story Token purchasable Upkeep Tokens this should not be too difficult to maintain for many players regardless of their housing preferences

Tatman
07-13-2016, 04:33 PM
I don't know what this is based on, but it's not players' feedback. The suggestion with the strongest opposition is the most prominent feature of Housing 2.0.

Justg
07-13-2016, 04:52 PM
I don't know what this is based on, but it's not players' feedback. The suggestion with the strongest opposition is the most prominent feature of Housing 2.0.

There was a large amount of feedback about the lack of usefulness of housing with regards to power in game. Any time there is power involved things get controversial. We are trying to find the right balance with regards to the vanity, power, and upkeep aspects of housing.

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 04:58 PM
^^^ YES!! Thank you for that g.

Tatman
07-13-2016, 05:11 PM
There was a large amount of feedback about the lack of usefulness of housing with regards to power in game. Any time there is power involved things get controversial. We are trying to find the right balance with regards to the vanity, power, and upkeep aspects of housing.
I didn't really see that thread, because for some reason you decided to put it in the obscure feedback section. But opposition in the previous thread(s) were bigger than the support. Obviously you ignored that.

Zeus
07-13-2016, 05:13 PM
Here are my thoughts on this:

I would first gather feedback before releasing this. If that is not an option, then I would lessen the gap between the housing tiers. Some people like a specific look of a house and stats shouldn't be the deciding choice in that. So, having much smaller gaps is the way to go if y'all are insisting on adding power based features to houses.

All I ask if developers can make this decision quickly. The last thing I want to do is spend over 1K plat on a tavern plus the necessary environments only to have it nerfed in the future.

Thank you for all that you do!

Eagleye
07-13-2016, 05:18 PM
I feel like your forcing us to use the housing system for these buffs..the housing and gameplay( pve_ pvp) should have stayed separate entities.. I like to kill monsters not throw "house" parties and worry about upkeep payments. From my understanding the housing was always going to stay "optional" meaning that it wasn't ever going to give players with housing an advantage over those that didn't..

MasterP
07-13-2016, 05:26 PM
yes this seems like a offlandish idea, its a bit extreme to allow such a difference in stats to those who can afford it.. its rather silly and i think it completely removes any fairness in the game. As it stands i spend a fair amount of my salary on this game every month, buying plat and trying to compete. Now i feel like I must be FORCED to spend 1k plat on something i "optionally" chose to not invest in before. guys im no millionaire or rich kid, I think this is getting a lil ridiculous. i work hard in real life, that im paying so much for this game and now you come up with this kind of idea -.- Please think about the ramifications of your actions.

leoakre
07-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Um, I still cannot sit in my chair WHILE enjoying a nice cold Modelo !!!

Any Dev feel like addressing this as this is the 4th time I am writing about not being able to sit my butt down in my chair and sip my beer from my magical mug!! It would be so nice to do those at the same time.

While you're at it, can I get a House Man to rub my tired feet at the same time I am sitting and drinking from my magical mug?!

Thank-you devs, for the multiple privacy options for our houses. Nobody wants to be caught red-handed while lying in bed with somebody else or enjoying a private frolick in their new hottub xD

I want to know more about this undersea environment as about 2 years ago my daughter thought such an addition to AL would be extremely fun and imaginative!

Thanks,
Msleo

Carapace
07-13-2016, 05:40 PM
We definitely expect a mix of emotions and opinions in regards to systems and ideas like these, and we encourage more feedback when players have a chance to play with the new housing environments and other features. The reality is that there is always going to be two sides to everything and it is not possible to make everyone happy. In this thread alone we see players in favor, we see players indifferent, and we see players vehemently upset or begrudged. All of these are perfectly legitamate responses, and all of them are right.

We hope you enjoy it when it goes live tomorrow, and we'll be watching the forums for feedback!

JesuisCharlie
07-13-2016, 05:41 PM
So far so good.. The slot for weapons is my favorite thing on ALL housing features, i believe it ll give another life for oldstyle weapons and i hope we can get the same with clothes.
I would like to see the tickets tradeable even if they arent plat expensive :)

crudmudgeon
07-13-2016, 05:43 PM
I agree. This housing idea was originally presented as being optional. Now they are making it necessary, especially for twinks where +200 health is a huge deal.

If I'm not mistaken, everyone that has thanked you is massively wealthy, top geared for their class... Why isn't it fair for someone to buy a buff that helps put them on par with you... It is a helluva lot easier to make money in REAL LIFE than it is to make gold in AL.
I see your position as defensive of old money entitlement. RIP the guy that wants to start playing today and get pvp worthy equipment in any reasonable amount of time. The idea is not that you HAVE to pay to win... but that if you are willing, you can pay to catch up to old school platfarmers and merchants who have been robbing people for years and have 8 seasons of Hoard n Sell cycles under their belts.

crudmudgeon
07-13-2016, 05:48 PM
I agree! This should bring some life into Collectables! At least help make newer characters aware of what collectables are vs junk that gets peddled in the streets...

Tatman
07-13-2016, 06:25 PM
We definitely expect a mix of emotions and opinions in regards to systems and ideas like these, and we encourage more feedback when players have a chance to play with the new housing environments and other features. The reality is that there is always going to be two sides to everything and it is not possible to make everyone happy. In this thread alone we see players in favor, we see players indifferent, and we see players vehemently upset or begrudged. All of these are perfectly legitamate responses, and all of them are right.

We hope you enjoy it when it goes live tomorrow, and we'll be watching the forums for feedback!
Can you show us which feedback posts exactly was the "houses with benefits" feature based on?

Thank you.

Carapace
07-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Can you show us which feedback posts exactly was the "houses with benefits" feature based on?

Thank you.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?333309-Housing-Feedback

The generalization is that we responded to the notion that "housing serves no purpose for most players", and we have added the Mail System in addition to the environments to address some of those concerns to get more people invested. We also have reduced the upkeep costs to allow lower tier housing to be handled almost entirely for free.

Energizeric
07-13-2016, 06:42 PM
Perhaps the bonus should be scaled to level. At level 56, the extra 200 hp and +2 damage (really +10 once multiplied), is not so great that it will break the game. But at level 10, that is a 15% increase in hp for my Mage, which is a big deal.

Even if I was to have a house (which I'm not sure that I even want), I don't want to have to have one for each of my characters. I understand that sharing the pet stable presented issues between characters in that the pets would be at the wrong levels. However, sharing a house between characters surely would make more sense.

Vixenne
07-13-2016, 06:45 PM
While I love the new updates and all, I just don't think these buffs should be applied in PvP. It'll be a free massacre in there. New players with no buffs won't stand a chance. Just my honest opinion.

Jazzi
07-13-2016, 06:47 PM
On the way to going full pay to win I see. Well, gl with that ;)

Suentous PO
07-13-2016, 06:49 PM
Any time there is power involved things get controversial. We are trying to find the right balance with regards to the vanity, power, and upkeep aspects of housing.

Agreed however this is a lesson that should have been obvious from pl,
namely, stats for plat is viewed by many as unfair.
Remember the constant complaint threads about the stats from founders helms and how a large section of players resnted that they could not achieve comparable stats?

How about black dragon sets? Once those were dc we saw like two years of complaint threads.
Granted this isn't dc, but for a worldwide game filled with people not old enough to qualify as adults, how do they compete fairly? If I understand right this isn't just a one time buy and you get stats, but it's rent for stats? No.

A better option is to have exclusive statless vanities as house rewards.

When it comes to this being a game - fair play rules. Cater to egos with vanities, they will pay. Don't ask kids to pay to have an even playing field.

-edited by JustG- reason less drama. ( I beat you to it G ;] )

Tatman
07-13-2016, 07:29 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?333309-Housing-Feedback

The generalization is that we responded to the notion that "housing serves no purpose for most players", and we have added the Mail System in addition to the environments to address some of those concerns to get more people invested. We also have reduced the upkeep costs to allow lower tier housing to be handled almost entirely for free.
I see maybe one post there, which specifically calls for tangible benefits. If that's your "feedback", alright then. Like I said, you obviously decided to ignore the previous thread, where this suggestion was opposed by a ton of people. I'm sorry, if I'm too blunt, but these are the facts.

Regards.

thekragle
07-13-2016, 07:29 PM
Wow, this thread has gotten pretty heated. But I dont get all the opposition.
What is the difference if I spend 300 plat a month on opening crates or buying luck elixers to sell for gold so I can buy all the best equipment and pets vs spending plat on a house for better stats????

Doesnt that give me an edge over freetoplay players? So why should anything be sold for plat since that gives paying players an advantage in every aspect. The truth is if you spend real world money on plat you do have an advantage over non-plat players, wether it is for a house that gives a buff or to make 6mil gold to buy that new arcane weapon only a few others have.

Am I the only one that sees that plat players or rich players will always have an advantage no matter what the system is.

Eagleye
07-13-2016, 07:30 PM

This is the kind of update that will indefinitely guide people to take a perma leave.
Your Literally making the players who could give a flying funk about housing have no choice but to get them if they wanna compete and that's quite a shame. Gimmicks like these make people like me question where this companies integrity has gone and if they even care about us the gamers, or at this point if its all about 1 thing and 1 thing only$£€¥ ?

Suentous PO
07-13-2016, 07:33 PM
@ thekragle
the difference I see is that we won't be selling houses in ah which makes the difference in it being available to all in the same way that crate gear is obtainable by a farmer who doesn't have plat.
Did I miss where this is available to free players realistically?

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 07:38 PM
@ thekragle
the difference I see is that we won't be selling houses in ah which makes the difference in it being available to all in the same way that crate gear is obtainable by a farmer who doesn't have plat.
Did I miss where this is available to free players realistically?
Dude, we WILL be selling houses in auc. Didn't you see that you can buy TRADABLE deeds?

Traosabara
07-13-2016, 07:48 PM
I'm surprised to see such a negative reaction to these buffs. I understand PvP concerns, but PvE players should have nothing to be upset about.

Eagleye
07-13-2016, 07:49 PM
Dude, we WILL be selling houses in auc. Didn't you see that you can buy TRADABLE deeds?

Dude, its not just the housing that's the issue. Its the environments required for the stat bonus'+the already insanely expensive housing+ the upkeep=insanity. Why would anyone want another type of "meta" aspect implemented? Para and eyes weren't a lesson learned I guess.
This will mean those in both pvp and pve will be considered sub par without these bonuses and the new standard that's gonna be set because of it will have negative ramifications on the game as a whole.

Kriticality
07-13-2016, 07:58 PM
That throne is sick. Those display cases so op. And y'all buffing papa. This is best update in long time. This update better than ursoth event. The crazy thing about the housing is I bought more for a joke. And all the people that hated on it now liking hanging out there. The customizable options about who can come. Finally a mail system. I'm super impressed guys and gals. For those that too broke for this we should get contest and give away some houses. Like 1 house a week giveaway. This update very op. Don't forget to nerf the noob staff in update too. That thing proc should read reduce skill of user 700%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Also, we don't even know how much the environments will cost...

Suentous PO
07-13-2016, 08:29 PM

So can I buy deeds, never own a home, and never grind boring quests for token rent that I can loose for being late on rent and I'll get buffs forever or nah?

leoakre
07-13-2016, 08:32 PM
I'd like a grand old southern hotel with either one or multiple owners where players can check into my establishment for a day or a week and receive the buffs my establishment offers as long as they are my guest, for a price of course!!

Get buffed for a price!! Need some place to display my plethora of purchasable buffs! xD

Kinda reminds me of an old movie starring Burt Reynolds and Dolly Parton....

XD

(Expecting an infraction)

<KingPete>
07-13-2016, 08:32 PM
So can I buy deeds, never own a home, and never grind boring quests for token rent that I can loose for being late on rent and I'll get buffs forever or nah?
You CAN own a home and you will NEVER lose your home for not paying rent. However you can choose to open your house for the specified amount of rent at any time.

Suentous PO
07-13-2016, 08:52 PM
You CAN own a home and you will NEVER lose your home for not paying rent. However you can choose to open your house for the specified amount of rent at any time.

We're not on the same page, I'll phrase this more simply.
Can I buy these statistical buffs with gold, without rl $, or the obligation of rent? Say I don't care about houses.

extrapayah
07-13-2016, 08:59 PM
can we have shared house and shared pet stable?

thanks

Traosabara
07-13-2016, 09:06 PM
Platinum users deserve some kind of exclusive benefit, in PvE at least.

Safiras
07-13-2016, 09:19 PM
can we have shared house and shared pet stable?

thanks

Don't give them more excuses to make those things available for 1k plat or more...

epicrrr
07-13-2016, 09:22 PM
Color me "more impressed" haha nice update.

Weapon/banner display case wow!

Environment wow! Dont fret with the buffs i think their number is ok and not game threatening.

diimitrii
07-13-2016, 09:35 PM
Just saw this, why is the garetta rebuild banner (ren'gol expansion) colored this weird? :3 i know i posted some negativity over here, just wanted to post something lil more positive, so yeah.
The banner/equipment cases look rly cool.

lenorath
07-13-2016, 09:44 PM
the most noteable and important point being sts charging rent in a game. thats offensive to all of you folks. yes ofcourse its a vanity set up. and a first i didnt care as much but now only those who pay money get a permanent boost of stat?that is not free to play and equal. really disturbing.

Energizeric
07-13-2016, 10:05 PM
As I have no interest in becoming an interior decorator, I may just get a house for purposes of having that banner display case and showing off my leaderboard banners. And maybe get that big throne to sit next to it when I'm bored. But having a bed, bar, table, chairs, etc.....does NOT interest me one bit.

extrapayah
07-13-2016, 10:17 PM
talking about plat, arc deary is 1400 plat, and arc pets cost 1k crate tokens, that actually needs 5k plat to be obtained...
the game has been 'pay to win'/'pay to play'/'merch > farm' ever since tradeable premium items that are more powerful than farmable items are released. it is just taking some time to take effect because some farmable only items are released

if the game is going to make players depend on premium items, then please don't make it more specific than account bound

Twerk
07-13-2016, 10:32 PM
Here is my Feedback:

Buffs for pve - Yes
Buffs for pvp - No thanks

Thanks

Kenzou
07-13-2016, 10:33 PM
Everything is fine for me except upkeep. I want to buy a bigger house but it will needs more tokens.

elitwarrio
07-13-2016, 11:22 PM
Mail in game looks nice finally usefull thing. Buffs with vanity idk if nice. Imho house should be an additional thing that if u want u can do. Honestly with the house system seems to play more with barbie than AL.
Btw who saying to get the buffs only for pve seems more tard than the update but nvm. Peace and love. Hf.

ilhanna
07-13-2016, 11:28 PM
I'm surprised to see such a negative reaction to these buffs. I understand PvP concerns, but PvE players should have nothing to be upset about.

Why shouldn't PvE players be upset about this feature? Those buffs mean whoever has it has extra slots packed with high tier jewels on their vanity. Maybe if your definition of PvE is KM3 as STS had reduced PvE to, it wouldn't matter but 200 hp is still a big deal if you run elite Underhul, any rogue would appreciate 200 permanent mana buff...in their vanity, that they have to keep paying to keep. Since when do vanities have to have tangible in game benefit other than for showing off? Since when vanities are made to become a necessity?

Darkquantum
07-13-2016, 11:34 PM
Fine ill just make a lvl 13 twink and exploit this update clearly we have no say. Roll with the update ;)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Horme
07-13-2016, 11:54 PM
Nice update, If I saw most peoples using this buff at my twink bracket, i will level up somewhere (quiet level) and starting farm dummies, lemme enter leaderboard!!! 2.0 damage is equal to exquisite chaos/ +1 para gem sigh, I agree with 200 hp and 200 mana but not for the damage. Just an opinion.

Gouiwaa9000
07-14-2016, 12:25 AM
People are now complaining about house owners getting a buff and use for their houses that they bought for 2k plat ._. if you spend 160$ on a HOUSE that basicly vanity , you deserver to have some advantages , and they should not be the same as or equal in power to the ones you get from a started house.

Everybody was asking for houses to get a use... Now they got one.

( I have starter house btw )

Qnoy
07-14-2016, 12:42 AM
my o my look promising

Sheentaro
07-14-2016, 12:48 AM
I think there would be no problem if those buffs doesn't apply in PvP

Ardbeg
07-14-2016, 12:58 AM
If I'm not mistaken, everyone that has thanked you is massively wealthy, top geared for their class... Why isn't it fair for someone to buy a buff that helps put them on par with you... It is a helluva lot easier to make money in REAL LIFE than it is to make gold in AL.
I see your position as defensive of old money entitlement. RIP the guy that wants to start playing today and get pvp worthy equipment in any reasonable amount of time. The idea is not that you HAVE to pay to win... but that if you are willing, you can pay to catch up to old school platfarmers and merchants who have been robbing people for years and have 8 seasons of Hoard n Sell cycles under their belts.

That is not what is gonna happen. New players will not pay for the buff and catch up. The gap stays the same since this buff will become a necessity for old players too who are better founded. So how does that help new players if they have a weekly buff fee *on top* of the costs to catch up? All it does is it creates a new tax for pvp and leaderboards.

elitwarrio
07-14-2016, 01:08 AM
People are now complaining about house owners getting a buff and use for their houses that they bought for 2k plat ._. if you spend 160$ on a HOUSE that basicly vanity , you deserver to have some advantages , and they should not be the same as or equal in power to the ones you get from a started house.

Everybody was asking for houses to get a use... Now they got one.

( I have starter house btw )
None said them to buy the house for 160$ like none said to the players wearing 30m+ vanity to buy useless vanity without advantage. Mail advantage cool enought.

Crackerzseven
07-14-2016, 01:58 AM
I'm all for players who spend having an advantage, its what keeps the game going and those who spend can stand looking down at the paupers..they need to feel better have better stats than f2p or what's the point... But seriously those buffs in PvP too? Ur way off the mark sts..yes pve..but in PvP environment that's just gonna alienate a whole group of players..ur giving those who can afford it 4 extra jewel slots with filled with exquisite... Shame u decide to do this..it really is..

Robhawk
07-14-2016, 02:23 AM
Yes. Everywhere.

Are you kdding me?

elitwarrio
07-14-2016, 02:45 AM
Lets buff only in pvp! Trololo

extrapayah
07-14-2016, 02:51 AM
l56 flame forged weapons pls, even better, if we have flame forged gun/bow/shield

elitwarrio
07-14-2016, 02:57 AM
Am i the only one that have problem with dcs today? When i change map infite loading same for reconnect..

Faliziaga
07-14-2016, 03:32 AM
Correct! What does this update do? Make the game even more plat-based. I dislike the plat-hunger coming up (again) recently.

A while ago I tried to persuade an old friend (leaderboarder in PL and AL) to come back to AL, but he refused saying it's too plat based, he had already spent an unhealthy amount of $$$. I said 'No, AL has changed, you can farm and make money, no need to gamble on crates anymore'. He was suspicous and didn't come back. I must admit now that he was right, after CoC since STS focusses on AL again, we get a lot of new content, but the direction the game takes is p2w and I don't like feeling forced to spend my money.

Arcael
07-14-2016, 03:48 AM
We free players farm our butts off to get good stats and why would the paid users getting these advantages? PAID ADVANTAGE is another thing completely, they let the users having ease levelling up, getting gears, but buying I think Stats for plats is going too far, sorry.
Housing was meant to be a social aspect in this game, much appreciated the mailbox and decors. But A social thing just should keep itself to social, not to be affected in gameplays.

ilhanna
07-14-2016, 04:07 AM
I think there would be no problem if those buffs doesn't apply in PvP

Need tavern rogue 4 envis for speed run/elite farming/event.

Excuse me while I vomit.

mssweety
07-14-2016, 04:12 AM
the offline mail is an awsome idea. everyone wanted to have this. but why only for those who just have a house? everybody could use the offline mailbox. would help to communicate easier specially for ppl who trying to reach ppl in game from forums.

i dont like the housing stuff at all tbh. great idea but eats too much gold and plat imo. thats only what i think noone has to agree.

and really that u can get dmg mana and stuff out of the houses ... at least it should be ablr for everyone to get..not only for those who use plat..

the idea it self is great. but why does it have to add stats thats the part which is not fair for those who doesnt use plat..

well thanks ..

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Rome
07-14-2016, 05:02 AM
no please don't Let ppl buy buffs with platinum.... Buying extra buffs for 2500 plat.... tbh i like the ideas but to make it al plat based kinda sucks imo

-rome

arcanefid
07-14-2016, 05:50 AM
The new stat buffs are equal to 5 Exquisite Jewels, and that's a rather big deal in twinks, in fact it will destroy most of it.

I am an end game player and never twinked before, so the stat buffs will not really make a big difference to me.

I understand that you need the money to keep up with updates and pay the people and whatever.

Robhawk
07-14-2016, 05:55 AM
I made a thread in general discussion but i read you want the discussion here, ok:

When you keep going the road making housing more important and starting to buff players even at PvP with this part of the game (housing) then I don't think it is good for AL.

iiy
07-14-2016, 06:15 AM
All is good. Only thing I dont like is the buffs at PvP zones. PLEASE don't kill PvP once again..

My name is Jeff
07-14-2016, 06:16 AM
Agreed. Players who spend real money on game will take advantage

Ireliaa
07-14-2016, 06:21 AM
Im gonna be honest

now i feel forced towrds housing, it was a vanity type social option now stats came in to force the competetive players to buy taverns. yeah not to mention upkeeps
even sending mail cost plat thats new

anyway i dont wanna critisize , enjoy your new content guys

crudmudgeon
07-14-2016, 06:26 AM
U can buy and sell deeds as a realtor(merch) and make millions and never give a hoot what your stats are...

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

crudmudgeon
07-14-2016, 06:28 AM
We're not on the same page, I'll phrase this more simply.
Can I buy these statistical buffs with gold, without rl $, or the obligation of rent? Say I don't care about houses.
They are called "Elixers" and they are free in elite runner chests

Behoove
07-14-2016, 06:30 AM
buff shouldnt be present in pvp areas, only pve

mssweety
07-14-2016, 06:31 AM
totally agreed.
now forcing everyone to buy plat.
its really not the way.. i have been playing since 2012 and i have to say the way the game is right now and compared to how smart and nice it started..
i cant enjoy it anymore..
why forcing ppl to buy more plat then they do anyways?
dont take our fun away just for business.
im really totaly disapointed.
and thats the first time i even make a comment on anything on forums..
just to show how serious i am.
mehh i dont even know what to say.

crudmudgeon
07-14-2016, 06:42 AM
Here is the Feedback from people who downloaded this game as free to play:

Buffs for pve - Yes
Buffs for pvp - No thanks

If u wanna make it Pay 2 Play change the ad before someone gonna download the game to "Pay cash to get advantage". Thanks
I feel opposite. There is NO gold to be made in pvp thus top players are rich from years of experience. This buff is one way a new player can pvp vs para equipped houseless twinks. Cost of tavern will be 3-4m then fall. Cost of para equip is often more than that.

Free to play doesn't mean you are entitled to be best in class next week. Housing buffs are one way to catch up in game if u find your character underwhelming.

I think pvp buff is beneficial to free to play chars. Cottage is easily maintainable and will provide a concrete benefit at low levels in both pvp and pve.

crudmudgeon
07-14-2016, 06:49 AM
idk why everyone is looking so forward to this. i think its totaly unfair to those who doesnt use plat.

the offline mail is an awsome idea. everyone wanted to have this. but why only for those who just have a house? everybody could use the offline mailbox. would help to communicate easier specially for ppl who trying to reach ppl in game from forums.

i dont like the housing stuff at all tbh. great idea but eats too much gold and plat imo. thats only what i think noone has to agree.

and really that u can get dmg mana and stuff out of the houses ... at least it should be ablr for everyone to get..not only for those who use plat..
i have spoken to many friends aswell to those who using plat. many ppl are against it or dont like the idea.
the idea it self is great. but why does it have to add stats thats the part which is not fair for those who doesnt use plat..

well thanks ..

Even free house gives stats and mail...

<KingPete>
07-14-2016, 06:57 AM
The big question is, what will the environments cost??

Robhawk
07-14-2016, 07:05 AM
I feel opposite. There is NO gold to be made in pvp thus top players are rich from years of experience. This buff is one way a new player can pvp vs para equipped houseless twinks. Cost of tavern will be 3-4m then fall. Cost of para equip is often more than that.

Free to play doesn't mean you are entitled to be best in class next week. Housing buffs are one way to catch up in game if u find your character underwhelming.

I think pvp buff is beneficial to free to play chars. Cottage is easily maintainable and will provide a concrete benefit at low levels in both pvp and pve.

Do you believe what you wrote there? I mean... lol ?!!? You must be kidding!

Arcael
07-14-2016, 08:07 AM

Just 90% of the things you typed are wrong there. Revise.

<KingPete>
07-14-2016, 08:15 AM

Absolutely agree. 100%.

greekAL
07-14-2016, 08:30 AM
so actually if u buy plats u can be strong otherwise better quit and let a game with only plat users XD i m curious to see who is going to buy the loots from locks! i think better we should pay upkeep to log in in game too!

marsu4u
07-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Great idea, I might actually buy a house now, but there's 1 problem 1k plat is still too much!

<KingPete>
07-14-2016, 09:23 AM
Great idea, I might actually buy a house now, but there's 1 problem 1k plat is still too much!

So buy it for 3-4m in gold. THE DEEDS ARE TRADABLE!!!!!

greekAL
07-14-2016, 09:36 AM
So buy it for 3-4m in gold. THE DEEDS ARE TRADABLE!!!!!

are u going to sell the tavern for 3 m gold to help f2p users? i am not attacking u ofc i respect what are u saying just wondering who is going to sell cheap to help the f2p users!

<KingPete>
07-14-2016, 09:54 AM
are u going to sell the tavern for 3 m gold to help f2p users? i am not attacking u ofc i respect what are u saying just wondering who is going to sell cheap to help the f2p users!
Ima f2p user too. And yes, I know a lot of people who would sell a tavern for 4m.

ilhanna
07-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Am I the only one who thinks even in PvE house buffs is unfair, wrong and totally uncalled for? Never mind PvP, how about timed run records?

Zeus
07-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Am I the only one who thinks even in PvE house buffs is unfair, wrong and totally uncalled for? Never mind PvP, how about timed run records?

All in all, 10 damage isn't going to matter much in PvE scenarios for records. However, you are right.

Here's the thing though, STG isn't going to do away with this system. Anyone who is expecting that is wasting their time and STG's time. However, we can reduce the severity of the impact by making the buffs smaller and the gap between the housing tier buffs smaller as well. The rich are still going to pay for every little stat point, but at least this way, it will not be a huge factor.

That's what I posted and suggested earlier in this system. I understand STG wants to make money, but they do not need to make the stats so game changing. As long as there is a little difference between the stats and there's a clear best, the gap between the tiers will not matter that much.

Zynzyn
07-14-2016, 10:17 AM
Since Housing Deeds are available as kits, this is not totally a platinum exclusive system, although Plat players do have an edge in this system. Non-plat players have a big goal to achieve then - by farming and collecting funds to buy the Deed. Buffs related to housing - my feelings are mixed about this.

While introducing new goals are fine, the feeling of compulsion or heavy pressure that comes with this system is not fine. Players who want to maximize stats and only want combat are being forced to indulge in housing and that too housing of the Tavern type.

Ideally, in my opinion extra buffs could have been introduced in the form of Food instead of housing. Weekly food. And these buffs could have been kept for PVE only and not PVP. *[ Right now at most active PVP brackets ( idk about endgame) pvp is very balanced. This balance should have been left untouched. No buffs are needed to topple this equilibrium and create the need for future nerfs. As better gear is released these housing-buffs might just topple the balance. ]

What if players are completely happy with their Cottage and Lodge and have decorated it perfectly and do not really like the aesthetics of the Tavern? In order to maximize their stats they will have to buy the Tavern whether they like it or not. That feels uncomfortable.

Anyway now that it is here, and incase sts is flexible enough to tweak this system, I support the idea of -

1. Lowering the amount of all housing-buffs. Perhaps they could scale according to level?
2. Reducing the gaps between the sections.

leoakre
07-14-2016, 10:29 AM
We free players farm our butts off to get good stats and why would the paid users getting these advantages? PAID ADVANTAGE is another thing completely, they let the users having ease levelling up, getting gears, but buying I think Stats for plats is going too far, sorry.
Housing was meant to be a social aspect in this game, much appreciated the mailbox and decors. But A social thing just should keep itself to social, not to be affected in gameplays.

Actually I agree, housing should just stay a social thing!!

Thanks,
Msleo

ilhanna
07-14-2016, 10:51 AM
Justg said on another thread, and I paraphrase, that every introduction of power into the game will cause controversy. The housing system was introduced as perks, cosmetics, gimmick, and this update makes into power. It's not enough that we farm for vanities in events and on maps, and the true source of power--the best pets, gear and weapons, are locked-bound--now you put power into cosmetic items, making the showiest most extravagant peacocks strongest. This isn't what drew me into AL, not the thing that made me stay. The adventure element has dwindled into the background and player cooperation neglected. As Avikk said, this buff could've been incorporated into guild hall or guild mechanics. Others in the housing threads of long ago had mentioned pots fountain or some pet feed perk as house ownership bonus. Instead, this buff. On the one hand I understand the cunning decision is made because this is the kind of buff that people who are willing and able would fork money over for. That doesn't make it right to make vanity item into item of power.

Justg
07-14-2016, 11:21 AM
EDIT: We've been discussing these values and have decided to bump up the power gained from the free options as well as making the curve a bit more linear. New values:

Starter
Cottage
Lodge
Tavern

Forest
Health
+50
+100
+150
+200

Mountains
Mana
+50
+100
+150
+200

Volcano
Damage
+0.5
+1.0
+1.5
+2.0

City
Loot Re-roll
-
-
-
+2%

Niixed
07-14-2016, 11:27 AM
Note: Cross posting from closed thread so it gets included... no rule-breaking intended!

I think devs have made great progress and I think it would be smart to continue to remind players that housing is a work in progress, as are many of the newer elements of the game.

It feels as though everything related to housing is heavily taxed.:(

Mail is the most exciting development, but there the way it is being implemented puts a heavy damper on the joy. It is very disappointing that having access to mail requires 1) a house in good standing (aka upkeep has been paid) and 2) a "stamp." Devs, why on earth would you want to severely limit access to in-game communication? Would the strain on server resources really be that severe? Forgive my incredulity, but I'm compelled to express it.

Every MMO with PM capability since the dawn of MMOs has allowed players to freely access PMs without costs. This system discourages new players from forming vital relationships which will keep them playing the game. If a player who owns a home is absent from the game and fails to pay upkeep, is there a way to message them? Can we message non-homeowners? This is quite frustrating from a social relationship standpoint, but I realize you are trying to strike a balance with your system needs.

Recommendation: Make mail freely available to all, regardless of home ownership. I'd prefer "stamps" to be discontinued as well, but I think we'd be at least content with a freely available mailbox.

I have previously argued for housing buffs, but I had envisioned that buffs obtained from housing would be temporary (like an elixir) and players would have to take some in-game action to receive them. For example, player takes a nap and receives a health boost for 60 minutes or a player takes a shower and receives a mana boost for 60 minutes. Attaching permanent buffs to housing with the most expensive homes receiving the greatest benefit puts too much pressure on players to purchase the most expensive home. That pressure translates to resentment and anger, even among those who can afford it. The Housing 2.0 guide thread has many examples of that resentment and anger. As implemented, these housing buffs have, unfortunately, reinforced the perception that STS is "greedy" (I vehemently disagree with that perception!).

Recommendation: Remove the permanent buffs attached to the housing type and replace them with temporary buffs attached to obtainable items which require activation.

About whether buffs should apply to PvP... I think the permanent buffs should not apply to PvP. That environment is already emotional and tumultuous, and allowing a progressive buff which heavily favors the already-resented "rich" players is seriously problematic. In many players minds' owning a tavern will now be a prerequisite for being in the exclusive PvP guilds or even playing PvP. Those buffs are also inappropriate for twinks because the lower the level, the greater the disparity between the haves and have-nots. Obviously, this will enflame class resentment.

Recommendation: Disable buffs for PvP. In light of the unnecessary turmoil it will cause, I don't think it's a good idea.

Valkiryas
07-14-2016, 11:28 AM

Starter
Cottage
Lodge
Tavern

Forest
Health
+50
+100
+150
+200

Mountains
Mana
+50
+100
+150
+200

Volcano
Damage
+0.5
+1.0
+1.5
+2.0

City
Loot Re-roll
-
-
-
+2%

Make 100 and everyone happy

ilhanna
07-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Make 100 and everyone happy

How about no?

<KingPete>
07-14-2016, 11:47 AM

Starter
Cottage
Lodge
Tavern

Forest
Health
+50
+100
+150
+200

Mountains
Mana
+50
+100
+150
+200

Volcano
Damage
+0.5
+1.0
+1.5
+2.0

City
Loot Re-roll
-
-
-
+2%

Love it. Keep it exactly like that. Well done.

Avaree
07-14-2016, 12:07 PM

Starter
Cottage
Lodge
Tavern

Forest
Health
+50
+100
+150
+200

Mountains
Mana
+50
+100
+150
+200

Volcano
Damage
+0.5
+1.0
+1.5
+2.0

City
Loot Re-roll
-
-
-
+2%

Maybe us who play maps and countless of hours in pvp need to take a T.O. to be louder in the forums in order to be heard. I also said NO to special perks for those who have establishments. This is another para gem division between players. Plat paid establishments should have 0 up-keep.

(I hope you made these buffs ultra rare loots only dropped in the elite cryostar map.)

nuwar
07-14-2016, 12:11 PM
เเม่งสมองคิดได้ไงสัส

aneshsinghblu
07-14-2016, 12:11 PM
Maybe us who play maps and countless of hours in pvp need to take a T.O. to be louder in the forums in order to be heard. I also said NO to special perks for those who have establishments. This is another para gem division between players. Plat paid establishments should have 0 up-keep.

(I hope you made these buffs ultra rare loots only dropped in the elite cryostar map.)

seeing the recent direction this game is taking. . most probably the environment buffs are plat purchases

elitwarrio
07-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Love it. Keep it exactly like that. Well done.
U pvp or pve usually? O.o maybe mb but never seen u in a map..

Zeus
07-14-2016, 12:16 PM

Starter
Cottage
Lodge
Tavern

Forest
Health
+50
+100
+150
+200

Mountains
Mana
+50
+100
+150
+200

Volcano
Damage
+0.5
+1.0
+1.5
+2.0

City
Loot Re-roll
-
-
-
+2%

Those look great, Gary!

It's much better having to deal with a small difference in stats rather than the whopping gain it was before. The only thing that I ask is to be more kind to the damage curve as well, as that will make a big difference in places like thinking. Perhaps, it could start off as 1 to 1.25 and go up from there?

<KingPete>
07-14-2016, 12:24 PM
One recommendation tho.... that 2% luck is just kinda pointless. Couldn't it be more like at LEAST 10%?

Eternyl
07-14-2016, 12:25 PM
This housing system is turning into something that disinterested players are no longer able to ignore.

Zynzyn
07-14-2016, 12:32 PM

Starter
Cottage
Lodge
Tavern

Forest
Health
+50
+100
+150
+200

Mountains
Mana
+50
+100
+150
+200

Volcano
Damage
+0.5
+1.0
+1.5
+2.0

City
Loot Re-roll
-
-
-
+2%

Thank you for the decision to review the numbers.

Just one more suggestion..

Maybe a buff of 50 - 75 - 100 -125 would be great for a start.

Damage buff could be: 1 / 1.25/ 1.50 /2.00

Luck reroll is fine.

The numbers could maybe gradually progress and become bigger as more variety in environments are released in the future.

Elshaddoll
07-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Why do we have to pay plat to send emails? You think plat buyers will ever sell them to f2p players? That's what you thought about deeds, and you will never be able to count on finding one in the auction. And I'll go ahead and bet all the locations cost plat, except maybe forest.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

<KingPete>
07-14-2016, 12:45 PM
Why do we have to pay plat to send emails? You think plat buyers will ever sell them to f2p players? That's what you thought about deeds, and you will never be able to count on finding one in the auction. And I'll go ahead and bet all the locations cost plat, except maybe forest.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk
You don't have to pay plat. All you need to do is buy a tradable (10 plat, so it will be around 30k,) kit of 100 stamps and you are good to go for like over a month. + That is stupid reasoning about the plat buyers not selling to f2p players, they totally will. The deeds aren't common because they cost so much plat, so not a lot of people are interested in buying one.

Thank you for the decision to review the numbers.

Just one more suggestion..

Maybe a buff of 50 - 75 - 100 -125 would be great for a start.

Damage buff could be: 1 / 1.25/ 1.50 /2.00

Luck reroll is fine.

The numbers could maybe gradually progress and become bigger as more variety in environments are released in the future.
wait, so people pay an increase of like 300 platinum, then 500, for .25 then .5 damage???? Now thats pretty crazy...

Zynzyn
07-14-2016, 12:51 PM
One recommendation tho.... that 2% luck is just kinda pointless. Couldn't it be more like at LEAST 10%?

And this is very sane to ask for when we already have luck elixirs, hisha, mishi and leprechaun around and they all stack.

<KingPete>
07-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Thats true, but say the environment costs 500 plat. Is it REALLY worth 2% luck to pay that much?

Ent
07-14-2016, 01:15 PM
In my opinion STS should add a way of obtaining these houses by actually playing the game.
A house deed being purchasable for tokens earned by playing challenging maps would give an impulse to farming as well,
leading to more profit from ankhs being bought.

Avaree
07-14-2016, 01:16 PM
In my opinion STS should add a way of obtaining these houses by playing the game.
A house deed being purchasable for tokens earned by playing challenging maps would give an impulse to farming as well,

Brilliant idea!

greekAL
07-14-2016, 01:30 PM
no even +50 isnt enough! why even put those buffs? u can put buffs to special houses like the reroll or free pet feed for 2x or 3x per day something like tht but not tht! stats was based on hard work not to a vanity house!

greekAL
07-14-2016, 01:40 PM
In my opinion STS should add a way of obtaining these houses by actually playing the game.

i agree with tht idea that will be fair! farmers have a chance to compete plat users after playing the game and plat users can do tht in 2 secs thts fair way!

Giggles11
07-14-2016, 01:42 PM
Sounds great. Can you make a separate room attached so we can hold a party with a lighted dance our like you had with boogie? That would be awesome if you could. Just a suggestion

thekragle
07-14-2016, 02:10 PM
I am hoping that with extra demand for housing, plat buyers will be more prone to buy tradable housing items they will sell in CS to freetoplay players and that will actually bring down prices making the cost for housing more reasonable.

As it is I dont want to spend plat on house items cuz I dont think it will sell well in CS. But with this change to housing it should become more lucrative like buying luck elixers and anhks to sell for gold in CS.

Heres to hoping this change actually benefits ftp and plat players alike!

Lets just wait and see how this unfolds.

leoakre
07-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Really would absolutely love more furniture slots please so I can decorate my stately lodge the way I would truly like it to be and 70/70 slots just doesn't cut it at all.

One more time, I would really enjoy my magical mug more if I could sit in my chair while drinking from it but alas, I still cannot. Standing while drinking just seems a bit hazardous. XD

Thanks,
Msleo

Ravager
07-14-2016, 02:57 PM
So are we going to have to have multiple taverns for alts on the same account and then buy multiple environments? Deters me to having alts.

Plqgue
07-14-2016, 04:03 PM
These features were compiled from this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?333309-Housing-Feedback

More Privacy Options

Choose to allow Friends, Guild Mates and / or Party Members into your house.
Choose any combination of these options to customize your House privacy settings!
Don't forget: you can choose to allow pets or have visitors auto-dismiss pets when they arrive.

Mail

Home owners can now send Mail messages to each other!

Mail can be sent to players even when they're off-line.

To get started: tap on the Mailbox icon in your House to browse the Inbox or Compose new mail.

Mail messages have a thousand (1000) character limit and require one (1) Postage Stamp (new game currency) to send. All existing Home owners and new Home buyers get a free book of ten (10) Stamps. Buy more from the Mailbox menu.

Display Cases

Now you can put your favorite banners and weapons on display in your house!
Buy the Banner Display Case or the Weapon Display case from the Furniture Store.
Use the Display Case furniture item and select a Banner or Weapon from your inventory to display.

The default Display Case will disappear in order to show off your selected Weapon in its full glory!
Move the displayed item (like any other piece of furniture) via the House Edit menu.
You can remove the item from the Display Case and put it back in your inventory.

Locations

Enchanted lands add beauty, style, and a sense of place to your House... and a new set of permanent powers for your character!

Choose from four epic Locations: Brackenridge Forest, Nordr Mountains, Tindirin Volcano, and The City!

+ Owning the Brackenridge Forest Location increases your Health.

+ Purchase of the Nordr Mountains Location increases your Mana.

+ The Tindirin Volcano Location increases your Damage.

+ And the City (available only to Tavern owners) increases Loot Re-roll Chance!

Buffs are affected by House type: the bigger the House, the better the Buff.

Keep in mind: you will receive a buff for every Location that you own, regardless of which one you choose to show!

Old Values:

Starter
Cottage
Lodge
Tavern

Forest
Health
+25
+50
+100
+200

Mountains
Mana
+25
+50
+100
+200

Volcano
Damage
+0.5
+1.0
+1.5
+2.0

City
Loot Re-roll
-
-
-
+2%

Starter
Cottage
Lodge
Tavern

Forest
Health
+50
+100
+150
+200

Mountains
Mana
+50
+100
+150
+200

Volcano
Damage
+0.5
+1.0
+1.5
+2.0

City
Loot Re-roll
-
-
-
+2%

Please note that you cannot walk around in these environments.

Upkeep

We are working on finding the right balance for Upkeep. A couple of weeks ago we cut the Upkeep costs in half (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?342049-Upkeep-Changes-Coming-6-23-16), with 2.0 we are also making it so players can take the Weekly Estate Token quest every week regardless of their current upkeep standing.

Furniture Features

Deluxe Beds can now accommodate two (2) players at the same time!
The new Lodge Hot Tub can seat up to four (4) players simultaneously!

Other items can only be used by one player at a time - so first come, first served.
But don't forget: Home Owners are always allowed to use their own furniture.

Display Ownership

When you enter a house you are reminded who the owner is. No more wondering whose party you are at!

Please let us know your thoughts and what else you would like to see in the comments below, and see ya at Goldilox's House Party!

- g

Please sts keep this a platinum buyers thing it won't be fair to those of us that will drop 100$ to get this if a f2p player can get it for free

stricker20000
07-14-2016, 04:04 PM
Suggestion on Housing in general.

The reason why many (most) people are not into housing is because it is very very expensive. In order to own a Tavern you need to pay 1000 plat (or millions of gold). Ok people would accept that BUT then there is the UPKEEP which is just too expensive for most players. If you have bought the tavern you need to pay 8 estate tokens per week, that means 80plat (or 300k gold). Nobody (ok some are crazy) is willing to pay that much for a house every week.

So in my opinion there are two possible solutions.

1) (compromise) Since you can already farm 2 estate tokens via bard quest and 1 estate token via weekly quest per week a player with a lodge still needs 5 estate tokens (50 plat/~200k). So ofc leave the option to buy them for platinum there but also add some elite quests (which take their time) to farm those. Some players will farm them, some will still buy them. (Just an example, could also put estate tokens with a low but a fair chance in specific f2p chests and make them not-tradeable)

Result: More players own an active house and since not everyone wants to take their time farming them still some would buy them for platinum (or for gold from players who bought them with platinum) and even players who farm them might buy one now and then to get the missing one. --> STS still makes their profit and players have fair chances to take part in the housing system.

2) (Players preferred) Remove the upkeep completely since we had to buy the houses for a lot of plat (gold).

Note: Devs preferred is the way it is now :wink:

As a side note: Players who are tried to get forced to pay are not willing to pay anymore, players who are not (means they have a fair chance not having to pay) will much rather pay. As soon as the player feels a pull on his or her purse, he or she will hide it :wink:

<KingPete>
07-14-2016, 04:08 PM
After trying out housing 2.0, the environments cost this.

Volcano; 300 Plat
Ice Mountain; 200 Plat
Forest; 200 Plat
City; 100 plat.

Therefore, the benefits, while nice, come at a large cost.

Plqgue
07-14-2016, 04:17 PM
After trying out housing 2.0, the environments cost this.

Volcano; 300 Plat
Ice Mountain; 200 Plat
Forest; 200 Plat
City; 100 plat.

Therefore, the benefits, while nice, come at a large cost.

I wonder if we buy multiple if the buffs stack..

Cinco
07-14-2016, 04:48 PM
I wonder if we buy multiple if the buffs stack..

The Location buffs do stack.

Kim S. Barcelo
07-14-2016, 05:08 PM
Hey why i don't get any quest from boltag anymore? The weekly quest?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Robhawk
07-14-2016, 05:09 PM
The Location buffs do stack.

So i buy 10 times the same location and get 20 damage? If yes feel free to delete my forum and game account!

Cinco
07-14-2016, 05:12 PM
So i buy 10 times the same location and get 20 damage? If yes feel free to delete my forum and game account!

You can only buy a Location once. You can only own one house. If you have all Locations (all 3 or all 4 if you've got a Tavern), then all of the Location Buffs are applied. That's what 'stacking' means in this case :-)

Justg
07-14-2016, 05:14 PM
I am really regretting not buying the 2014 Halloween banner.

Yeah that one is very cool.

TheJuz
07-14-2016, 05:16 PM
Soo if we do not own a tavern we cannot get a loot re roll buf?

Cinco
07-14-2016, 05:17 PM
Soo if we do not own a tavern we cannot get a loot re roll buf?

Correct. The City Location (which gives the +2% Re-roll Chance) is exclusive to the Tavern.

saphirae
07-14-2016, 05:38 PM
Why are you forcing me to buy house cause buff? I do not like house system and do not want to own any house,just want to play game. This forcing things that you do week after week makes me feel like my days of playing are over.
What is this??? Game or party house with sleeping with others and bathing with others????
I am in xour game 3 years and loved it,now you exploiting ppl to pay you real money for beds, hot bath.... What is next? Dancing pole so rogues can do lap dances? Disaster,worked as horse to gain gold for gear and pets and all the rest,and now i must own dmn house so my rogue can be better in pve and pvp. Pffffffffff i am out

Varitamagica
07-14-2016, 06:19 PM
After the update, the info in the main menu says:

"Boltags Weekly quest no longer requires upkeep to be paid".

What does it mean?

Thanks.

justhell
07-14-2016, 06:25 PM
Buy house??? Buy land??? Interior design??? Pay tax??? Are AL such a life simulation game these day? Last time I check on google play / appstore AL its on adventure section...

- Rather than giving buff to house owner why not u put that buff on guild. Make guild can be lvl up,every lvl unlock new guild buff,which is we can buy it with with plat or kit if we want get the buff that we want it (buff guild active on period time depend on what type we buy it,like 1 day/3 day/a week) u still can make money with that way,rather than giving buff on house/land which is not all players have it / bother with it

- Since first time back play AL again,I don't really care about house thing. I play AL for adventure experience,not to show of my thing ( bcoz I don't have anything to show xD ). But giving buff on house is such a backstep from what progres u already made.

Well that's my opinion,not saying this is bad but its seem like u forcing us to have house to be better.

Thx.

saphirae
07-14-2016, 07:02 PM

We pay them so game keep going.... But these mouth becoming bigger and bigger...if you play long as i do you should know it.

Plqgue
07-14-2016, 07:02 PM
Thank you sts for finally giving us plat buyers a reason to buy a house :) love it

saphirae
07-14-2016, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=<KingPete>;2531387]Can't answer with anything better than an insult hmm? Let me know your IGN so I can ignore you...[/
Soon youll see we are right,i have excellent job,family,friends and settled all in real life... But still refusing to be exploited especially in game world. Paxin for something its no problem,but draining my earned money for sone kind of upkeeps you may dream on it.... If i payed for something its mine and end of discussion.

Plqgue
07-14-2016, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=<KingPete>;2531387]Can't answer with anything better than an insult hmm? Let me know your IGN so I can ignore you...[/
Soon youll see we are right,i have excellent job,family,friends and settled all in real life... But still refusing to be exploited especially in game world. Paxin for something its no problem,but draining my earned money for sone kind of upkeeps you may dream on it.... If i payed for something its mine and end of discussion.

+1 upkeep is the only issue I have with it we shouldn't have to spend $160+ and have to pay rent on it

Blank119
07-14-2016, 07:55 PM
Allowed the mail to sent gold and item and it would be perfect, ty sts great update

ryuba
07-14-2016, 09:00 PM
Lol, there is another ways to make a diferents above FTP and PTP Player :)
I thinks what set and weapons we use are enough to make stats, house should be stay in what they are, they should be function like vanity at all.

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk

DaPadrino
07-14-2016, 09:20 PM
Sounds like you buy any establishment and then you need to buy the lands. Now it's a matter of cost. I still am strongly against upkeep. 1k plat fine. Just about everything furniture is plat also, fine. But upkeep on the largest, just isn't possible for the free players.

How long have u been playing this gane ? Do u know new players have to pat for manything u havent pay also before the gane was esier to get rich .

House should be use to send mails with items and/or money any currency ...... no for stats thats just crazy.

Like i said before this game is making his way to pay to win well sts u have to make lots of money GL sayonara.

I just lost 40 days of my playing life.

leoakre
07-14-2016, 09:58 PM
I have to pay the full platinum price for a new and bigger house instead of the price for my current house being applied to the cost of the more expensive one I am wanting to buy?!!! When I upgraded from my Cottage to my Tavern I just assumed that I was upgrading and moving to my bigger house but when I went to move tonight to a tavern I stopped and wondered why the heck upgrading to a Tavern would still cost me 1000 plat.... Um, that's insane! If I have paid in full for a cottage, a lodge, and possibly a tavern then why do I not get to keep each house?!

I am extremely upset at the pure unabashed greediness this demonstrates!!

If you cannot apply the purchase price of my current house to the price of the house I wish to upgrade to...and I'm willing to overlook my complete trusting naivety when I moved from my Cottage to my Tavern... Then I would appreciate the refund of ALL the platinum I have spent on this complete scam of a housing expansion. After that, I think I may retire from this game even though I have really enjoyed being a part of Arcane Legends since season 1, but now I feel ashamed to have been taken in so completely by such an obvious and an inconsiderate ... I don't even have the appropriate word for it..!!! I will say that unfortunately I was scammed by another player back in season 3, I believe or it couldve been season 2, and this feels very much the same!

Please explain to me why if I have used real money to purchase platinum (in game currency,) in order to buy a specific house then upgrade to a bigger house what the reason is for me not owning the deeds to the houses I've already forked out my platinum to own? Why do I not posses the deeds to the houses I left behind for an 'upgrade' if I paid the full platinum purchase price for them so that I can at least sell the deeds I already paid for to recoup some of my losses?!

This is just completely crooked!!

I have always felt pretty honored to be a part of such a fun and wonderful game but right now I just feel ashamed.

I am not trying to be disrespectful, this is how I feel for the very first time since I began my journey in Arcane Legends!!

Thanks for listening,

Msleo

Energizeric
07-14-2016, 10:01 PM
That's kind of ridiculous that you cannot pay just an upgrade price. In real life if you had a house and you want to upgrade to a bigger one, you can just sell the old one. That should at least be an option here.

DaPadrino
07-14-2016, 10:53 PM

lvl 56 with +200hp, wel ok not too bad. Lvl 10 with +200HP.. GG

Well lvl 10 with +2% dmg not to bad . Lvl 56 witg +2% dmg gg

Bameely
07-14-2016, 11:11 PM
Remove the buffs. Give something else more 'generic' with less repercussion.

Maybe like different houses will "give out" X no. of pots as a bonus lol. Create a pot machine for different house, b4 we leave the house to explore the wilderness to kill mobs, activate it to produce pots. Go in after certain timeframe to collect free pots.

Oh Wait, this sounds so Farmville lol...but i rather this than power/loot/mana/watever buffs :D

JesuisCharlie
07-14-2016, 11:12 PM
Yeah i'm confuse too, i don't see the rapport between an house ("vanity", +value) and the game himself (pve/pvp) where stats is the most important.. We have here same reactions with the flounders helm (vanity) and his 5dmg 5armor on PL.
The good way will be: make locations tradeables (or another way will be delete buffs).

I prefer this one because it add a new challenge: own a tavern and locations ;).

The dream will be this way with a UNIQUE house, one upkeep, for all your toons. We all are probably pretty sure noone will decide to buy 3taverns for each toons.
The sad way if you don't change anything will cause frustration for players who decide/ed to own few platinums.

leoakre
07-14-2016, 11:24 PM
That's kind of ridiculous that you cannot pay just an upgrade price. In real life if you had a house and you want to upgrade to a bigger one, you can just sell the old one. That should at least be an option here.

Yes exactly!

Was looking forward to moving on up into a Tavern and would not mind spending the price difference in platinum to upgrade but finding out that each upgrade actually involves having to pay for a whole new house just made me dumbfounded and so irritated that I logged off the game and lost my will to care about playing right now!

hha
07-14-2016, 11:56 PM
B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Powkachu
07-15-2016, 12:22 AM
It's like going to a luxe house where you must pay too much for A single step >_> weird

Memnochthedevil
07-15-2016, 01:06 AM
They are called "Elixers" and they are free in elite runner chests

Actually this is completly different then elixirs. Maybe in pve wont make a big difference but in pvp is a very different conversation.

Arca
07-15-2016, 02:15 AM
Sorry to say but i stay with homeless..

Housing is different patern with this game

arcanefid
07-15-2016, 05:20 AM
But... But guys! Isn't this what we all wanted? The OP says we wanted this, why is everyone crying now? Oh we're just the minority and KingPete is the majority, I got those confused, my bad.

So much for that feedback thread.

Just remove the buffs already! Give the big house owners some banners to show off or just some mana potions, or temporary PvE elixirs, I am sure the majority never wanted permanent buffs that apply in every zone.

And please if you edit my post, at least let it have some meaning.

Varitamagica
07-15-2016, 05:28 AM

Are these locations traeable? Thank you.

Varitamagica
07-15-2016, 05:31 AM

After the update, the info in the main menu says:

"Boltags Weekly quest no longer requires upkeep to be paid".

What does it mean?

Thanks.

matiusjohntw
07-15-2016, 06:04 AM
My opinion is if the environment costs 1k plat then ok. Let the plat user use their plat. But 'please' make it tradeable/saleable for those who never buy plat, so farmer can buy it with their gold an have the same things. I'm a farmer and feel soooo disappointed with this environment buff in 'pvp' update.

Thanks in advance, Topsorc [emoji4]

Sent from my ASUS_Z00RD using Tapatalk

Safiras
07-15-2016, 06:04 AM
Why would I want to buy into this "housing" upgrade when my main character has been rendered unplayable due to your aimed shot "fix"?

FYI I've already censured this post. If I said what I wanted to say originally I would probably get myself banned.

greekAL
07-15-2016, 06:19 AM
i believe sts should release a new 3 k plats house tht give the owner 100% crit buff tht will be fair :)

leoakre
07-15-2016, 06:31 AM
Are these locations traeable? Thank you.

Yesterday, Vroom said the Locations may become traceable in the future. I am still upset that we spend plat for multiple locations and can own all of them simultaneously but cannot own more than one house at a time when the full price of platinum for each house was paid!!! At least give us the option to sell the old houses by providing us with the deeds as we are the rightful owners anyway!!

Absolute highway robbery!!

Varitamagica
07-15-2016, 06:37 AM
Yesterday, Vroom said the Locations may become traceable in the future. I am still upset that we spend plat for multiple locations and can own all of them simultaneously but cannot own more than one house at a time when the full price of platinum for each house was paid!!! At least give us the option to sell the old houses by providing us with the deeds as we are the rightful owners anyway!!

Absolute highway robbery!!
Thanks for the info. [emoji1]

Enviado desde mi LG-E460 mediante Tapatalk

saphirae
07-15-2016, 08:03 AM
But... But guys! Isn't this what we all wanted? The OP says we wanted this, why is everyone crying now? Oh we're just the minority and KingPete is the majority, I got those confused, my bad.

So much for that feedback thread.

Just remove the buffs already! Give the big house owners some banners to show off or just some mana potions, or temporary PvE elixirs, I am sure the majority never wanted permanent buffs that apply in every zone.

And please if you edit my post, at least let it have some meaning.

As i see... All players wonderful creative ideas were exploited and charged big time. So we better stop giving sts ideas cause we only need to pay for it weekly and all players feel it on their own skin and wallet.
I am 30years old and still know letters and postcard required stamps,but now i learned something new also... E-mail post require stamp purchase for money also hahahahah

Minisalami
07-15-2016, 08:08 AM
In the end you'll have to own a village to play endgame and get new content, belive me....

STS, if i want to play with houses I play SIM CITY. AL is a hack and slay !

arcanefid
07-15-2016, 08:24 AM
As i see... All players wonderful creative ideas were exploited and charged big time. So we better stop giving sts ideas cause we only need to pay for it weekly and all players feel it on their own skin and wallet.
I am 30years old and still know letters and postcard required stamps,but now i learned something new also... E-mail post require stamp purchase for money also hahahahah

Oh yeah because spammers will be exploiting it and crash the servers with spam mail, so instead of giving every player say... 10 stamps for free everyday, we have to pay platinum for it.

khar
07-15-2016, 08:27 AM
Please at least make the locations tradeable for us non-plat users.

Thank you

extrapayah
07-15-2016, 09:02 AM
normally in paid game, one payment in an account is enough to make players play however they want it.

please, don't milk a single players more than necessary, please make house (and stable) shareable in an accounts, thanks.

Faliziaga
07-15-2016, 10:34 AM
This expansion started with the horrible drop rates of the Antignome set pieces, continued with the Upkeep costs for the optional houses, followed by a 5th event boss that was only accessible via spending a lot of gold, and is crowned by this Update that gives huge plat spenders permanent stat buffs, ripps off previous house owners that have bought a 'vanity' house, wants us to pay plat for every little thing like stamps (how anachronistic) and demolishes rogues' main skill. Sorry, I am kinda speechless, at least if I take down the three km3 bosses to 30-40% of their hp bar, I still manage to kill them within the 8 seconds of my Hisha buff, my main focus in this game right now. Thanks.

Oakmaiden
07-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Having the cityscape / luck bonus for tavern owners only is kind of...discriminatory...doesnt feel fair...

Justg
07-15-2016, 11:22 AM
Please at least make the locations tradeable for us non-plat users.

Thank you

We will implement this as soon as possible, hopefully next week.

At least give us the option to sell the old houses by providing us with the deeds as we are the rightful owners anyway

leoakre
07-15-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
At least give us the option to sell the old houses by providing us with the deeds as we are the rightful owners anyway

Really appreciate and relieved to a point but the best and fairest way would be to apply the platinum we have already spent towards the purchase of our upgraded house, and in the future apply the cost of the current house to the cost of upgrading. If I truly wanted to merch house deeds then I would have bought the deed from the vendor and not my house! I do not like merching but rely on farming hard to make gold while I use my platinum for all things I enjoy like my furniture and elixirs. Sometimes I use platinum to buy things to post in the cs but never a house deed as not many players even keep houses anymore due to the insane tax that comes with the house.

While I do appreciate the effort and actually listening to us, I've already forked out enough plat on 2 houses...ofc, when I upgraded I assumed wrongly that I was only paying the difference in platinum between the cost of the 2 houses... And I bought what I thought would be more than enough platinum to upgrade to a tavern but now I'm looking at having to purchase an insane amount of platinum in order to pay for a completely new house! And that's even after I purchased each environment available for a whole bunch of platinum!! I really wasn't planning on having to purchase even more platinum right now just to accommodate another upgrade.

Hope I'm making sense. The best way to make up for this 'oversight' would be to apply the cost of the houses we already bought to our upgrades.

Thanks

Crashonetrix
07-15-2016, 11:49 AM
Hmm... i think its doesnt fair because of a buff exist makes the other strong, and only paided buy platinum so they could get much more a buff.. when people are in arena PVP a combat seem doesnt fair..
Its better if the effect of buff can be function on arena PVE

aneshsinghblu
07-15-2016, 11:56 AM
FYI I've already censured this post. If I said what I wanted to say originally I would probably get myself banned.

so very true. . I too feel that way..
last 24 hours of al has been (add your own colorful word)

maybe bringing back the old developers was a bad idea. . game is in a worse off state.
lol never thought I would say this. . wish Remiem was still here

aneshsinghblu
07-15-2016, 12:07 PM
my sympathies to the ppl of France :-(

JesuisCharlie
07-15-2016, 11:12 PM
Merci, une pensée aux familles des disparues.
Reposez en paix.

Max

Bellaelda
07-16-2016, 04:52 AM

Yes. Everywhere.

I dunno, but this doesn't sound right to me... Gives plat players an unfair advantage? No?

Oakmaiden
07-16-2016, 10:11 AM
The audio for forst enviro can only be heard if i crank up the volume,which is too loud for rest of game locations.

crudmudgeon
07-16-2016, 04:48 PM
I dunno, but this doesn't sound right to me... Gives plat players an unfair advantage? No?

there is nothing unfair about buying an elixer... why would you think this an unfair advantage.

DaPadrino
07-16-2016, 05:19 PM
there is nothing unfair about buying an elixer... why would you think this an unfair advantage.

Cause its perma !!!!!!!!!

Darkquantum
07-16-2016, 06:37 PM
Almost no point posting my last 4 were edited so much so they lost there point and arnt even my words now

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ardbeg
07-16-2016, 06:44 PM

When housing was introduced it was clearly described as optional. For competitive players nothing with stats is optional. So this moved the baseline for all competitive players up. It devalued former purchases without a thought out upgrade plan. And yes, elixiers are fine, but there s a reason there s an extra leaderboard for elixier runs. Now where's the extra leaderboard or map to make up for the housing buffs?

crudmudgeon
07-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Really would absolutely love more furniture slots please so I can decorate my stately lodge the way I would truly like it to be and 70/70 slots just doesn't cut it at all.

One more time, I would really enjoy my magical mug more if I could sit in my chair while drinking from it but alas, I still cannot. Standing while drinking just seems a bit hazardous. XD

Thanks,
Msleo
I sit and drink...

crudmudgeon
07-18-2016, 03:38 PM
Actually this is completly different then elixirs. Maybe in pve wont make a big difference but in pvp is a very different conversation.
My housing buffs are dwarfed by my antignome buff that is currently active everywhere... u should complain about that...

How long have u been playing this gane ? Do u know new players have to pat for manything u havent pay also before the gane was esier to get rich .

House should be use to send mails with items and/or money any currency ...... no for stats thats just crazy.

Like i said before this game is making his way to pay to win well sts u have to make lots of money GL sayonara.

I just lost 40 days of my playing life.

crudmudgeon
07-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Hmm... i think its doesnt fair because of a buff exist makes the other strong, and only paided buy platinum so they could get much more a buff.. when people are in arena PVP a combat seem doesnt fair..
Its better if the effect of buff can be function on arena PVE
200hp and 2dmg still doesn't kill 3-4 lava procs... lets not be overzealous about the fairness of the buff...

I can see the need for buff to be scalled to lvl... but the numbers aren't crazy

arcanefid
07-18-2016, 04:07 PM
I think this update won't be reverted, but at least scaling the buffs with level would be great.

Even better, if those buffs don't apply in PvP zones.

Best of all would be to remove them completely and instead of stats, players who own the gardens and houses just get a visual effect, or a banner or a vanity, just not stuff that affects the battles.

This is only my opinion, and I hardly believe it would make a difference, but I hope that in the future we won't see similar things.