PDA

View Full Version : WOW Really???

MoarPewPew
08-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Was playing the 5th Numa Prime level in a pug and had the Guardian at 50%. We were fighting the boss for about 5min or so. I was tanking the boss, died and lost aggro. Shortly after I was rezzed. Another player gained aggro and intentionally ran out of the room and reset the boss and quickly left the game.
I pmed him about it and he respond. "lol"

Yeah I find this to be wrong. I will post Screen shots if needed. What a waste of time....

Thoughts?

Dartagnian
08-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Personally id like to know their name so i can avoid them, if you dont mind.

To each their own, folks wanna have fun in their own way, but it doesnt mean we have to tolerate "greifers", right?

StompArtist
08-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Put this fool on ignore and never ever run with him.

MoarPewPew
08-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Personally id like to know their name so i can avoid them, if you dont mind.

To each their own, folks wanna have fun in their own way, but it doesnt mean we have to tolerate "greifers", right?

Id rather not try and blacklist the player on the forums.(Hence why I did not post the screenshots yet or include his or her name) Im thinking of just emailing support or something. Yeah I was just more upset on spending atleast 12 min on that level so far and then having everyone leave because a player decided to intentionally reset the boss.

Dartagnian
08-30-2011, 10:36 AM
I can understand that.

CrimsonTider
08-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Just drop it Moar. You've been around long enuff to know the forum rules. Just keep an eye out and deal with it in game. Dont want to see ya get in trouble! :)

MoarPewPew
08-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Just drop it Moar. You've been around long enuff to know the forum rules. Just keep an eye out and deal with it in game. Dont want to see ya get in trouble! :)

mmk :D. I don't QQ much. lol We all need a good small rant.

CrimsonTider
08-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I agree buddy. But devs have been cracking down on the negativity as of late and dont want to see ya caught in it.

Dartagnian
08-30-2011, 10:41 AM

Off topic question about this; you can get in trouble for sharing problem player names?

Not trying to be flip, been around a while and I try to read all the forum stuff.

Dartagnian
08-30-2011, 10:42 AM
I agree buddy. But devs have been cracking down on the negativity as of late and dont want to see ya caught in it.

Aaah, gotcha. 8)

Zbooo
08-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Hey, its just people that don't know how to play the game.... What can you do? Never run a game with them again.

Kraze
08-30-2011, 10:52 AM
It's growing pains we had the same issues when everyone was learning pl. It stings to waste all those pots and the problem is magnified buy everyone freaking about ratios but it just is what it is unfortunately.

KingFu
08-30-2011, 10:55 AM
It's growing pains we had the same issues when everyone was learning pl. It stings to waste all those pots and the problem is magnified buy everyone freaking about ratios but it just is what it is unfortunately.

Very true

Same thing happened to me and my 2 friends with miner. Miner had literally 1/10 HP left, the commando (whom was the third commando in the game) got aggro and ran out of the room...

Physiologic
08-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Don't run PUGS. Add me in-game! Physiologic / Leet

CanonicalKoi
08-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Oof. I ran into players in PL that liked to do this with the Roach. :( I'm sorry to hear that they made the jump to SL. And really, when credits are hard to come by, making people waste pots is just rude. You can add me, too, Moar -- Rauen 25 Op, Yosinabe 17 (and climbing!) Engi.

mycroftxxx
08-30-2011, 11:45 AM
I've noticed that a lot of younger people seem to use “lol” as a general filler word. Don't assume any intent from it.

That said, I've found that a lot of PUGS are just not competent enough to do Guardian, and it would be a total waste of time, pots and deaths. If I'm in that situation, I will sometimes do the rest of the map and then leave (by exiting the map). *shrug*

Edit: To rephrase, if I've finished the rest of the map and I don't feel the group is competent enough to handle Guardian, then I'll leave. I generally don't plan to do so, but assess the group on the fly.

Liathea
08-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Nothing makes me angrier than people who reset boss HP.

Add me and I promise I won't do that. xD

Liathea - Op, lv. 26

Register
08-30-2011, 11:53 AM
I've noticed that a lot of younger people seem to use “lol” as a general filler word. Don't assume any intent from it.

That said, I've found that a lot of PUGS are just not competent enough to do Guardian, and it would be a total waste of time, pots and deaths. If I'm in that situation, I will sometimes do the rest of the map and then leave (by exiting the map). *shrug*

Bolded....Dont ever say that again >.< Ive killed Guardian only 3 times and all of them were in pugs...the first time, the group had no engineer. Pugs just cant be so reliable. I dont like elimnating them completly....its a good way to make new friends!

Liathea
08-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Agreed. I've had PUGS that were just fine - full of competent people who were also friendly. I wouldn't say never play in one. Just wait until you're at a point where it wouldn't kill you if you had to spam some stims in case your group flakes out on you.

Dartagnian
08-30-2011, 12:41 PM
I survive off of pugs too as my engineer. I like meeting new folks.

Add me as Yutani (engineer) Coal ( commando) or Lochaber ( operative)

I agree with lol as its turned into kind of a conversational crutch.

MoarPewPew
08-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Don't run PUGS. Add me in-game! Physiologic / Leet

I will! I would love to run with a Pro like yourself. :D

cagethewicked
09-02-2011, 10:02 AM
another griefer .... more n more they r so common as the game progresses. i hope as things expand they r easier to avoid. n responding like that wth i mean come on so childish. dont ruin people hard work n fun.

cagethewicked
09-02-2011, 10:03 AM
also i am GM of League Of Assassins . if any of mymembers do this plz notify Cagedkiller. we r new but a friendly game play is my policy. N on my forum n my guildies no better.

thequickone
09-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Wow... Still a bit at a loss of what to think. Sorry that happened to you and your group!

If there was any chance this individual had made a mistake and done this by accident, I would say forget about it. Everyone makes mistakes... Yes, even me (was only Eng at Guardian, died and recovered at start by accident then ran back to fight ASAP)! However, it seems obvious that this individual did this on purpose, and apparently thought their action was "lol" funny! My vote is for ignore and boot from future runs.

Sorry, I don't think this is reportable. I don't really see a clear TOS violation, just another player being an idiot!

...and what in the world are PUGS?!

Otukura
09-02-2011, 11:46 PM
...and what in the world are PUGS?!

Pick up games, public games. So many other games just call them pubs.

Raulur
09-03-2011, 10:11 AM
PUGS can go just fine depending on the time of the day. I play late night US time when I do play, and other than a few accidents I haven't had many problems. There's usually so few ppl on at this time, you usually just have to roll with what you get anyway.

bronislav84
09-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Call me weird, but I'd say if a Engineer who does NOT want to heal tank, does not know how to do it, or has occasional lag that they can't properly run around without taking too much damage gains agro, I would say reseting the boss is perfectly fine.

I know it wastes people's pots and wastes time, but for me this would be the worst thing that can happen to me. Do note, I wouldn't necessarily immediately run to reset the boss (Doing that is poor playstyle), but I would seriously consider it if our Com didn't start scrambling to regain agro off me while I'm running around scared to death.

I've had our Com die on us once and it went perfectly fine. One of the Ops got agro and just kited while everybody attacked and resed the Com to regain agro.

whynotwi
09-06-2011, 07:00 AM
I'm new to the game and i'm learning the basics, although my char (engi) is now at lvl 17. But as many guys i started just playing without regarding the char, the skills and so on. I just played... and i guess i did a lot of mistakes. That a guy ran out of a map while fighting a boss mighy be a (stupid) mistake. I wouldn't think about that too much. I assume i did anything like this too, because i didn't know the consequences.

So a (stupid ?!) question to the experienced players: when i'm in a bossfight and i die, will the boss be resetted when i choose to be taken to the starting point ? Should i always wait until i'm revived ?
And what happens if i'll be thrown out the game because the connection to the server breaks (i often have problems to stay connected after having played a while). If the boss will be resetted after that i guess i'm on a lot of ignore lists... :-(

WhoIsThis
09-06-2011, 07:12 AM

Bolded....Dont ever say that again >.< Ive killed Guardian only 3 times and all of them were in pugs...the first time, the group had no engineer. Pugs just cant be so reliable. I dont like elimnating them completly....its a good way to make new friends!

Sadly it is true. Pugs are by nature, unreliable. Some turn out to be a collection of capable players.

But a significant proportion are not. I can only imagine that guilds will worsen this significantly. Good players will run with their friends and fellow guild members, while pug players who may not have had the experience of working in an effective team don't understand team dynamics and are not as capable in their own right.

I recall in beta, I met someone who was afraid to hold aggro and reset miner 3 times (once frustratingly enough when he was nar death). We did manage to kill him, but it was thanks in no part to said player.

It is good advice you've suggested to me mycroftxxx ... perhaps when guildies and friends are not on, I will halt attempts to do Guardian runs.

arischal
09-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Its the only time I boot. I was teaching some guys how to beat miner and this lvl 15 Guy kept resetting him I warned him three times then booted. He said he was report me but nothing came of it. Don't reset a boss if he's nearly dead just because you are afraid to die. It's just a game. That being said - I don't care about getting on leaderboard, but I wouldn't have to worry about that when I run with the ppl on the top.

whynotwi
09-06-2011, 07:50 AM
That's the point, arischal: it's just a game. Dieing has no further consequences. So why not risking something and killing the boss while having only 1 more healthpoint ?! :adoration:

I was playing world of warcraft for 2 years, and the problems i found there are here too. In random groups there is a chance to get a bad group or at least some bad members. But - to find a good point: yesterday i had a group with 5 individuals at the start. Evereyone fought its own fight. But as time went on the group grew together and the fights became easier (it was a map anywhere in Delta-7). We didn't manage to get the boss down, but the way to the boss was a great experience to me.... to see a group growing togther, although none of us knew the other. Thats what the game makes it playable to me (despite of the kind graphics and the fact to discover unknown maps).

Cahaun
09-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't fear death when I do some runs with my guild members and friends. I just try my best and have fun doing so. If I can run a gaurdian run with my engineer and 4 other ops and beat the gaurdian, then I see no reason to run. ( My golden achievement :o)
(p.s. What is a pug?)
(p.s.s. Abekrie is my engie and if you need help and if I am on just friend me :)