PDA

View Full Version : 1.0.2 Content Update (68093)

asommers
08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
The tutorial can now be skipped by talking to a Skip Tutorial Console.
Added on screen quest helper which keeps track of current quest objectives, displays hint information if you do not have a quest, and adds a Goto button if the quest is in a different zone.
Added text & system message to character create when naming a character with invalid characters.

noneo
08-30-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm digging the quest objectives display.

Now, if only we could get a notification when one of our auction items sold..

Silentarrow
08-30-2011, 03:47 PM
I like the quest helper ;).

Dartagnian
08-30-2011, 03:48 PM
How about a way to skip those dramatic camera pans upon zoning into a map or a new mob shows up?

Just a thought. 8)

Yurimaru
08-30-2011, 03:48 PM
The quest helper is indeed helpful!

noneo
08-30-2011, 03:50 PM
How about a way to skip those dramatic camera pans upon zoning into a map or a new mob shows up?

Just a thought. 8)

You can, go into your settings and click "Disable Camera Effects"

Dartagnian
08-30-2011, 03:53 PM
You can, go into your settings and click "Disable Camera Effects"

Ugh imma n00b. Thanks!

noneo
08-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Wait, where did the "Avatar" button go? Was it removed on purpose?

themars
08-30-2011, 04:17 PM
I hope they don't remove it cause I'm missing it already

SUPAPRODIGY
08-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Finally i can skip tutorials on my other accounts thanks!

thequickone
08-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Added on screen quest helper which keeps track of current quest objectives, displays hint information if you do not have a quest, and adds a Goto button if the quest is in a different zone.

Thank you for the updates! The right side and upper-right corner of the screen is getting pretty cluttered, at least on my device (HTC Evo 4G). Could you give us the option to hide this new icon?

Wait, where did the "Avatar" button go? Was it removed on purpose?

It looks like the "Avatar" button has been replaced with the "Inventory" button. Presuming you are using a device that has a "Menu" button, you can press that button to reach the Avatar menu page. If you do not have a Menu button on your device, you will have to enter the Menu some other way, such as the new "Inventory" button, then press the "Avatar" tab.

Snakespeare
08-30-2011, 06:25 PM
LOL! I skipped the tutorial... now I star with NO WEAPONS OR ARMOR! hahahahahahahaaaaa fodder!

noneo
08-30-2011, 06:59 PM
It looks like the "Avatar" button has been replaced with the "Inventory" button. Presuming you are using a device that has a "Menu" button, you can press that button to reach the Avatar menu page. If you do not have a Menu button on your device, you will have to enter the Menu some other way, such as the new "Inventory" button, then press the "Avatar" tab.

I understand there are different methods of arriving at the Avatar page, but it's one of those things that I don't think a single person ever complained about, (at least I never heard of anyone). I just don't really see a point in the removal. Make way for plat I suppose...

Samhayne
08-30-2011, 07:58 PM
I understand there are different methods of arriving at the Avatar page, but it's one of those things that I don't think a single person ever complained about, (at least I never heard of anyone). I just don't really see a point in the removal. Make way for plat I suppose...

User testing showed that those who weren't accustomed to MMOs didn't know what the heck an "Avatar" was (besides that movie...). We found Inventory to be a more understandable label.

Fac3bon3s
08-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Could you possibly get rid of the hot pink flash when loading has completed upon entering the base? If it needs to be there can you make it a less violent colour flash? Also I would like to spell colour like a normal Canadian with out being spell checked. Other than that I'm more than happy with the game other than only being able to create a single character. In PL when starting I could create three.

noneo
08-30-2011, 08:38 PM
User testing showed that those who weren't accustomed to MMOs didn't know what the heck an "Avatar" was (besides that movie...). We found Inventory to be a more understandable label.

I suppose that makes more sense to have then.

Otukura
08-30-2011, 09:12 PM
LOL! I skipped the tutorial... now I star with NO WEAPONS OR ARMOR! hahahahahahahaaaaa fodder!

Fail :p

Abaleuibub
08-31-2011, 07:51 AM

Yeah i totally understand this but could you (the devs) find it in your heart to move the store button?
I totally understand that you have to put more pressure into this to gain $$$.

But i have to say it's not a Top4-thing, at least for me, to enter the store after pressing menu!!!

Would you at least be so kind move it down two steps so inventory gets on top? This occures much more sensful to me.

best regards.

thequickone
08-31-2011, 11:35 AM

Thanks for the quick response! While that is certainly understandable, why not make the button say "Menu" and have it land on the Avatar tab, similar to using selected devices' Menu buttons? I do not believe the Inventory tab should be a landing-pad.

BodMaster
08-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Could you give us the option to hide this new icon?

Second this 500% :D

Or if needed at least move it to the left side not right.. but preference would be to be able to control this as for people that have completed all current quests may find it a little useless/irritating atm... and I repeat atm great job on adding this will help a bunch of new players or players that are not accustomed to the quests.

However for people like myself its to close to my switch skill button and would love the possibily to be able to turn this option off when not needed.

superglut2
08-31-2011, 03:02 PM
pls put thisin pocketlegends

Register
08-31-2011, 04:25 PM
I found a bug with the quest arrow. I have all quests completed and just the dailies are popping up. But in USC Blackstar Base, the arrows directs me to the Auction Terminal. But not RIGHT at the auction. In the room but a little toward the entrance where two boxes are stacked at the left of the room.

noobmigo
08-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Me no likey. This makes it even easier to glitch farm pots and credits.