PDA

View Full Version : commandor fix

themars
08-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Hello all,

SL is really cool and I played it from the very beginning and I like operative and engeneers but why I dont like commandors?

With com its very hard to get agro and keep it like a good tank (and yes, I'm a good tank)
To tank properly, I need to spam my taunt skills and that's the reason most of people don't tank and making people mad cause
if u want to tank u need too much mana packs.

If Im doing guardians run I need at least 20-30 mana packs and in my opinion its too much.

So I ask to give com more mana or reduce the mana being used for skills .

I got enough packs to tank cause I could farm them in beta. But others won't spend so much packs and they just don't use skills.

Hope someone agrees with me or can give me solutions or perhaps a dev can take a look?

Thx ;)

McBain
08-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Are you using Kinetic Reservoir? Some people would rather assign those spec points to other skills, which is understandable, but if you sacrifice a couple points to it I think it's worthwhile. I just started using it after ignoring it for a long time, and had a noticeable drop-off in my mana pot usage.

Samhayne
08-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah, pop kinetic after the fight on your way to the next really helps.

Zaltiar
08-30-2011, 07:58 PM
I actually find it easier with my commando, thats why i never play my op main anymore lol.
Everytime u aggro a bunch of mobs, stick to the walls and use gravity well, together with
the other aoe attacks. Once they get gack up, run out a little and use singularity with you facing towards the wall,
this will push back the main, and the rest of the mobs back on to wall. Increase mass, and repeat.
Kinda like a bear in pl, you wont have to spam ur buttons, youll save tons of credits :)
A good engie on the runs helps aswell :), or add mine: Warbringer

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Numb
08-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Thats what I do

themars
08-31-2011, 03:08 AM
Yh probably your right but I really want to tank cause I hate those bad tanks.
Thx for the advice :)

thequickone
09-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Just got my Com to level 26, and can't remember the last time I used a power pack. The dev has spoken, use Kinetic Reservoir, that's what I do. Realistically, it will turn your 20 to 30 power pack Guardian runs into 2 or 3, as long as you remember to use the skill when it cools down. Not using Kinetic Reservoir is turning down free mana!

BodMaster
09-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Hey bud.. yhh I was finding the same problem until started using Kinetic Reservoir.. as you know I love my com BodMasta and my tank skills are pretty impressive if I do say so myself.. Guardian Runs!!! xD

Zeko
09-06-2011, 03:33 AM
Just like the rest of these guys i have kenetic resevoir and i keep it at level 2 (from lvl 1-2 is the biggest boost for mana. Anything past it the mp5 only goes up by 1. I use maybe 5-10 mana stimpacks depending on if im the only commando or not. So far i like the tanking. Knowing it keeps damage off my teamates and more onto me puts others minds at ease. I find keeping aggro is very easy, i changed my spec around to more points into my aoe dmg.