PDA

View Full Version : All of AL total gold, math time ;)))

Miguel Herbert
07-13-2016, 11:28 AM
Anyways today I felt like doing the math as close as I can come to estimating ALs total gold, in this example I'll be taking the USA's economy since its more simpler to me, and our inflation to depression rate seems to follow it also, anyways in the USA there is a bank to help stop inflation x depression, (burning money) so does AL in a way, potions, and cost to sell items in auction. Since AL we buy and sell items to NPCs they will be our national money burning bank. In AL if per say, 200-500 people play daily and do some daily quests we can assume 2-5m is made daily, and a ton is spent on selling, and potions. Anyways if we take this into account around 200-500k is left remaining as our overall income divided among everyone. Anyways the game is going 3-5 years strong (can't remember anymore) so 4 will be our number for years we have been active. In those years we generate a mass amount of gold daily, so our equation would be 365 x (daily income after reduction) x 4 so now we have all our equation set up 365 x 500k (picked this due to night and day players and chest openers might generate more money than just a regular 350k median) x 4 so in all would be 365x 500k = 182.5m annually x 4 would equal 730,000,000 or 730m then divide this in 3 ways the top player gets 98% of this, the top 10 follow with 1% for those 10 and the final 1% goes to everyone else in AL so on all, this is my estimate to ALs total gold in 4years, feel free to comment any other variables or incorrections, I did have to wing most of the basic calculations like the 500k since this is a rather wild number, also hope this explains why items are so far off in the distance like the ishi eggs and arcanes. I left plat farming, and event gold out of the equation due to the flexibility of these numbers and try to bend it to a accurate range. Comment below if I'm somewhat close or off by a ton lol, I'd love to feel the feedback [emoji1]

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Miguel Herbert
07-13-2016, 11:47 AM
Its a lot lol, very difficult to come up with these numbers but should show some lvl of accuracy around 70-80%

Litheus
07-13-2016, 11:56 AM
what about the gold that is converted directly from plat to gold.
i wonder how the economy was when the game first started. how did gold come into existance in millions

Miguel Herbert
07-13-2016, 12:07 PM
i wonder how the economy was when the game first started. how did gold come into existance in millions
That's another variable I didn't mess with since that gold would balance the game out, not many players back then played compared to today's game and if they did do pat buys like that, normal daily quests gave us millions easily. I alone when the game came out had 300k the first 2-3days due to high lvl of activity and selling, and was still like 600k away from kettle which was 900k-1m at the time

codered
07-13-2016, 12:25 PM
Where is the cake, i want the cake counted in it,,,cake please

Miguel Herbert
07-13-2016, 12:41 PM
That would be too much of senseless data to replicate but now that you mention it, sts has had so many mistakes over the years there could be a few hundred million gold as... Illegal money, let's call it black market money lmao

epicrrr
07-13-2016, 01:20 PM
There was a vid sts released with figures like total ingame gold i think that was way back 2015, if memory is correct theres billion+(1b+) of gold in game, idk or exag

Miguel Herbert
07-13-2016, 01:35 PM
Link please? Never heard of this, but that would mean my accuracy would have been a bit off for 2015 but super close (^-^

Kakashis
07-13-2016, 01:49 PM
There are more than 7 players who own more than 100m. Those numbers seem to missing some zeros

Zylx
07-13-2016, 01:52 PM
Would you include the gold sitting on banned accounts from plat farming? Im certain 50-75% of the total gold is sitting dormant in banned accounts

Visiting
07-13-2016, 01:54 PM
At one point in time arcane rings and the like were selling for 100m+, while I'm sure some of this gold has left the economy through gold sinks, there's still bound to be oodles of gold in the game

Miguel Herbert
07-13-2016, 02:10 PM
Eh well we can't know who has what, so some players having 100m plus wouldn't be hard to believe due to this was a estimate that didn't include any of the following: locked crate farming with plats, rengol deary island glitch, plat farming in general, goblin season infinite portal farming, cakes gold and some other stuff that's happen over the years so the numbers are as accurate as can be, the rest could be counted as black market gold, basically glitched or illegally obtained money that would give a few millions more that would easily throw my calculations out of accuracy, unfortunately since they are one time occurrences estimating how much would be extremely difficult due to lack of data [emoji14]

Miguel Herbert
07-13-2016, 03:10 PM
Would you include the gold sitting on banned accounts from plat farming? Im certain 50-75% of the total gold is sitting dormant in banned accounts
Zylx, I wouldn't address 50-75% is dormant but more like people can't spend it, if you have 100m and bought everything you wanted, there'd be no way to you spend the rest. Anyways also I would brought estimate a good 10-30% is plat farming since most of the time generated money in locked chest doesn't amount to gold in large quantity, high lvl items yes, but usually not much gold, Unless you buy gold with plats that's been cheated, either way I don't believe plat money is high reason for all gold, but masses in dailys and other stuff would quickly outpace every cheater in a week with 500k daily world gold added in through the game

Befs
07-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Eh well we can't know who has what, so some players having 100m plus wouldn't be hard to believe due to this was a estimate that didn't include any of the following: locked crate farming with plats, rengol deary island glitch, plat farming in general, goblin season infinite portal farming, cakes gold and some other stuff that's happen over the years so the numbers are as accurate as can be, the rest could be counted as black market gold, basically glitched or illegally obtained money that would give a few millions more that would easily throw my calculations out of accuracy, unfortunately since they are one time occurrences estimating how much would be extremely difficult due to lack of data [emoji14]

The cake event alone will skew your data by hundreds of millions, if not more.

Dear island bug wasn't dropping much pure gold.

Goblin event bug thingy wasn't dropping much pure gold either (idrk I didn't even know there was a bug till there were bans)

Then as Zylx said, much of the game's gold is on banned accounts.

Miguel Herbert
07-13-2016, 04:48 PM
The cake event alone will skew your data by hundreds of millions, if not more.

Dear island bug wasn't dropping much pure gold.

Goblin event bug thingy wasn't dropping much pure gold either (idrk I didn't even know there was a bug till there were bans)

Then as Zylx said, much of the game's gold is on banned accounts.
True goblin event didn't drop gold, but tons of those coins could have bought the leaf chests and those suckers brought me in around 1.2m? Without cheating, so if all the "banned cheaters" (not banned obviously :p) did that trick, I estimate a few more gold came out and the honest players also brought a few more, since I already had nightshade I invest my entire coin margin on those leafys and that whopping cash flow, and the cake I'm not too familiar with, I heard about it but didn't think it was that severe ("-" oh well

Befs
07-13-2016, 08:14 PM
True goblin event didn't drop gold, but tons of those coins could have bought the leaf chests and those suckers brought me in around 1.2m? Without cheating, so if all the "banned cheaters" (not banned obviously :p) did that trick, I estimate a few more gold came out and the honest players also brought a few more, since I already had nightshade I invest my entire coin margin on those leafys and that whopping cash flow, and the cake I'm not too familiar with, I heard about it but didn't think it was that severe ("-" oh well

Good point, forgot about the leafy chests, my bad.

Miguel Herbert
07-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Good point, forgot about the leafy chests, my bad.
NP lol I forgot it too till someone mentioned the glitches and other sources lol

arabax
07-13-2016, 08:47 PM
I appreciate this thread greatly!

Sean Yates
07-13-2016, 09:47 PM
A lot if math 😵

konafez
07-13-2016, 11:12 PM
Where is the cake, i want the cake counted in it,,,cake please

There is not enough, and after lunch ..there will be even less

Miguel Herbert
07-14-2016, 11:27 AM
I appreciate this thread greatly!
Thank you (^-^ I really loved doing it even thought its not traditional general discussion

Eternyl
07-14-2016, 01:16 PM
This seems to me like more of a thought experiment than an attempt to actually deduce the amount of gold circulating throughout the game. In that context, this post is great.

I myself have probably invested 30m total in this game over the last 4 years, with my current tradeables being worth around 12-13m at the moment. Also keep in mind I have purchased plat dozens of times.

This game is getting to be very frustrating indeed.

Pingmill
07-14-2016, 02:57 PM
Completely wrong, the top class players make about 15m a day and some even 30m then the top players have about 60m- 99m (eg. Zeus and dev/sultan) and the middle class about 500k-2m and then lower about 20k- 200k and then X5 years = about 50- 60 billion.

Zulgath
07-14-2016, 03:06 PM
Completely wrong, the top class players make about 15m a day and some even 30m then the top players have about 60m- 99m (eg. Zeus and dev/sultan) and the middle class about 500k-2m and then lower about 20k- 200k and then X5 years = about 50- 60 billion.

So dumb lol...

Miguel Herbert
07-15-2016, 09:25 AM
This seems to me like more of a thought experiment than an attempt to actually deduce the amount of gold circulating throughout the game. In that context, this post is great.

I myself have probably invested 30m total in this game over the last 4 years, with my current tradeables being worth around 12-13m at the moment. Also keep in mind I have purchased plat dozens of times.

This game is getting to be very frustrating indeed.
Aye that's 15x I ever had xD but yeah it was a simple little experiment that with the right variables could get a accurate representation of the overall game economy for educational purposes. Every time I thought about how much there could be, I never wondered us it possible to come close to the equation? Lol thanks for the feedback :)

Iliketolol
07-15-2016, 02:47 PM
So dumb lol...
15m-30m a day, mago we need to find new senpai...

Mel030
07-16-2016, 12:52 PM
I know somone who has 50+ toons each full with gold(50x100m=5,000m)
Atleast he said it but i think its true lel
His name is :
D_ _
S_ _ _ _ _

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk

Sandeeep
07-16-2016, 03:21 PM
assume 100k players play per day
each earn 1k on avg
daily revenue is 100000k gold, or 100m is generated per day.
some afk some get cryo, ik tons of players getting 100k per day. increasing gold generated by 50m. thus 150m is being made. (note .01% arlorians earn 500k per day)
wild card usage for listing potions and craft ingrediants consumptions, 50m.
thus actually 100m per day is made.

per year, 36,500m per year.
included free money generation during events, rounding off to 50,000m per year, (also considering event energy consumtions and misc.)

50,000m per year
200,000m per 4 years.

lets assume in reality due to some factors +-gold is made,
also some players permanently leave game without account deletion . it all pans out kinda

in conclusion 50,000m per year is generated
200,000m has been made.

remember tons of players, tons of loot

Gouiwaa9000
07-16-2016, 03:52 PM

I was emmm... kinda bad. Even tough i started playing by end of season 1 , gold still had huge worth . I remember sharing gold in the team so we can buy potions to run a map XD personaly i always perefered to die instead of using a potion that costs gold ( unless on boss fight )