PDA

View Full Version : Please fix the duel spec devz!!

xbabybugszx
08-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Okay so i was in pvp with my duel spec dexbear. I was duel spec before update so i was okay. But by accident i equiped a crossbow and BOOM! No more duel spec. I was str/dex all str gear and shiv talon. Now im forced to use all dex gear and i dont like it. This mistake has happend to so many pvp twinks like crazy!. Everyone says pvp is ruined. Devs plz dont let this happen. Plz fix this and make pvp fun again

Ellyidol
08-30-2011, 11:34 PM
It's permanent, this change was targeted towards end-game more than twinks.

xbabybugszx
08-31-2011, 07:17 AM
Wow.. :( this just ruined pvp forever.. i just got done leveling to duel spec and they wont patch it.. :( - sad face

Ellyidol
08-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Wow.. :( this just ruined pvp forever.. i just got done leveling to duel spec and they wont patch it.. :( - sad face

I'm sure there's a way around it :) If I'm not mistaken, some players have found a way to still dual spec twinks.

It isn't ruined, just more complex. Different. :)

Zerious
08-31-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm sure there's a way around it :) If I'm not mistaken, some players have found a way to still dual spec twinks.

It isn't ruined, just more complex. Different. :)

there is a way around it... but it requires either being with said builds before the update, or using the lower level versions of said equips in order to have a similar stat result... Still not the same...

brian_spence_ni
08-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Just level quickly. I dual spec'ed using the level 19 board and nail of legend btw which uses hardly any str stat - perhaps you just need to widen your knowledge of equipment within the game.

Ixillicus
08-31-2011, 04:37 PM
well they said they would eventually lower the requirements for all items, when that happens you may be able to dual spec then, provided they are reduced by enough.

Zerious
08-31-2011, 04:38 PM
Just level quickly. I dual spec'ed using the level 19 board and nail of legend btw which uses hardly any str stat - perhaps you just need to widen your knowledge of equipment within the game.

I... really don't wanna start flaming... I have a very broad knowledge of the current twink situation since it's all i do... Dual spec before was boosting stats with lower equips till the stats met the requirements of final gear while having plenty of a secondary stat. Now it's all about using lower level gear for a fail dual spec, or going hybrid...

brian_spence_ni
08-31-2011, 04:43 PM
I... really don't wanna start flaming... I have a very broad knowledge of the current twink situation since it's all i do... Dual spec before was boosting stats with lower equips till the stats met the requirements of final gear while having plenty of a secondary stat. Now it's all about using lower level gear for a fail dual spec, or going hybrid...

Aren't you referring to loadouts etc? I know the boost is gone and stats can't be boosted by equipment now to enable equiping at levels higher than your base stats - dual specing goes beyond that (surely) and in essence is matching more than one stat to be able to either equip multi-discipline equipment and/or benefit from a secondary stat (e.g. using dex to improve % hit, which I do with my bear)

Zerious
08-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Aren't you referring to loadouts etc? I know the boost is gone and stats can't be boosted by equipment now - dual specing goes beyond that (surely) and in essence is matching more than one stat to be able to either equip multi-discipline equipment and/or benefit from a secondary stat (e.g. using dex to improve % hit, which I do with my bear)

and what level is your bear? My point is, twinks level 26-35 don't have the privilege of "multi-discipline" equipping. We did before.

Lowlyspy
08-31-2011, 04:47 PM
I believe the devs have said that they are planning on lowering the stat reqs for all items in a later update to remedy this situation, dont worry low level pvp will be saved soon enough ;)

Zerious
08-31-2011, 04:48 PM
I believe the devs have said that they are planning on lowering the stat reqs for all items in a later update to remedy this situation, dont worry low level pvp will be saved soon enough ;)

ah. Thank you for that confirmation

brian_spence_ni
08-31-2011, 04:48 PM
and what level is your bear? My point is, twinks level 26-35 don't have the privilege of "multi-discipline" equipping. We did before.

Well, I disagree. As I say, I dual-spec'ed after level 19 ('til mid-30s IIRC) with that board, but was still able to put lots of stats into int for my killer-mage!

Check out the dps on that level 19! one-handed! bad-boy, and the base stats aren't too low to be effective against reasonably high level mobs.

http://pocketlegends.wikia.com/wiki/Board_and_Nail_of_Legend

Zerious
08-31-2011, 05:12 PM
Well, I disagree. As I say, I dual-spec'ed after level 19 ('til mid-30s IIRC) with that board, but was still able to put lots of stats into int for my killer-mage!

Check out the dps on that level 19! one-handed! bad-boy, and the base stats aren't too low to be effective against reasonably high level mobs.

http://pocketlegends.wikia.com/wiki/Board_and_Nail_of_Legend

i'm not talking about level 19. Try doing what we were able to do, and use lvl 25 vyx helms and str gear while equipping lvl 25 demon claws as a level 26... Oh right, YOU CAN'T

brian_spence_ni
08-31-2011, 05:32 PM
i'm not talking about level 19. Try doing what we were able to do, and use lvl 25 vyx helms and str gear while equipping lvl 25 demon claws as a level 26... Oh right, YOU CAN'T

The original post wasn't quite as specific on equipment as you just were, and referred to 'twinks' not your specific level equipment. My comments were generic and aimed at answering the original question, whereas you seem to be answering your own question. Caps aren't necessary btw.

Zerious
08-31-2011, 05:39 PM
The original post wasn't quite as specific on equipment as you just were, and referred to 'twinks' not your specific level equipment. My comments were generic and aimed at answering the original question, whereas you seem to be answering your own question. Caps aren't necessary btw.

k so here's the OP, in case you missed it

Okay so i was in pvp with my duel spec dexbear. I was duel spec before update so i was okay. But by accident i equiped a crossbow and BOOM! No more duel spec. I was str/dex all str gear and shiv talon. Now im forced to use all dex gear and i dont like it. This mistake has happend to so many pvp twinks like crazy!. Everyone says pvp is ruined. Devs plz dont let this happen. Plz fix this and make pvp fun again

and when he says shiv talon, that refers to the lvl 30 Shivering Ice Talon. I specifically pointed out the level range of 26-35 not being able to do this. His bear is level 31 and was able to use the level 30 shiv talon and level 30 Iceberg armor and shield. Now i say it again... You can do this sort of duel speccing at this level range anymore.

LADYHADASSA
08-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Agreed Zerious

brian_spence_ni
08-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Then my earlier post regarding the board and nail is relevant in that it does substantially more damage than the talon. And, if stats are placed to enable the equiping of that armour then the board and nail can be equiped as it requires less strength? (If it's the armour I'm thinking of, of course.)

xbabybugszx
08-31-2011, 10:08 PM

k so here's the OP, in case you missed it

and when he says shiv talon, that refers to the lvl 30 Shivering Ice Talon. I specifically pointed out the level range of 26-35 not being able to do this. His bear is level 31 and was able to use the level 30 shiv talon and level 30 Iceberg armor and shield. Now i say it again... You can do this sort of duel speccing at this level range anymore.

Yea sorry. I didnt realy explain.
im lvl31. Was dex/str now pure dex.
I used iceberg armor and shield. Conq vyx helm and a shiv talon.
IGN:xsipox