PDA

View Full Version : Information on Green drops, Vanities, and Elite Chests.

noneo
08-31-2011, 06:51 AM
Here are some findings I have gathered pertaining to loot being dropped in game:

All three vanities drop in EVERY level of Numa. They can be looted from mobs, bosses, mini-bosses, and chests.

For vanity pictures, please check out Yanis' thread here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32538-Vanity-Items-with-Pictures

Each level of Numa drops different green gear/weapons, i.e. SunWalker helm drops in Outer Limits, whereas SunWalker Pack drops from Uncharted Ruins.

It seems like all of the “bad” greens drop on every level of numa (i.e. scrapper, rusted pistol)

There are 2 different types of Containers in the Star Legends game; Elite and Regular. The Elite containers have a random chance of spawning in a container location. For example, in Uncharted Ruins, there are 5 containers all of which have a chance of coming up Elite. The Elite containers contain “good” greens (i.e. Strange Pistols, SunWalker, etc.). Now, to save time when clearing a map, simple peek into the rooms with containers and see if the box looks like the Elite one. If it does, then clear that area and open the container. However, if the container looks like a regular one, skip it and move on. It is really not worth it to clear out that area and waste the time (unless you are vanity hunting, then every bit counts).

The regular containers look like this:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AyN8xg_Iu98/Tl2oYq07DkI/AAAAAAAABms/mze7QGzaL74/Regular Container Closed.png

The Elite containers have a slightly different look. Their base comes complete with "Stabilizer Legs" that have a glowing blue stipe on them. Also, these containers seem a bit larger than their regular counterpart in game. I have attached an open and closed Elite container so you can better discover what you are looking for.
Let’s all give Nightarcher (Nighttrooper in game) a big round of applause for getting me the picture of the Elite container. Huzzah!

Closed:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-i2mKrJiqLCs/Tl2oZVv5asI/AAAAAAAABm0/7GiQckfFGis/Elite Container Closed.png

Open:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lwYZSO7IzQE/Tl2oZB8nfNI/AAAAAAAABmw/PZuC_1WEu6I/Elite Container Open.png

Note: It has been proven that elite containers spawn in every level of the game (Thank you Nightarcher for the image again!)
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/michaelsaysmoo/4b105103.jpg

Credits for this pic go to canonicalKoi
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/specialchest.png

credits for this pic go to im4broke
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k529/im4broke/attachInk_1315487434066.png

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me in game or on forums. IGN is “lol”.

Coltona
08-31-2011, 06:54 AM
Hm nice, but what's the elite look like??

Nourish
08-31-2011, 06:54 AM
Nice guide! Now I know when to open containers. One thing though, idk if you mentioned it but do vanities drop only from elite containers?

Ellyidol
08-31-2011, 06:56 AM
THANK YOU!

This is exactly what I've been looking for. Confirmation and information! Cheers again! :)

Survivorfan
08-31-2011, 07:06 AM
THANK YOU!

This is exactly what I've been looking for. Confirmation and information! Cheers again! :)
What he said

noneo
08-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Hm nice, but what's the elite look like??

The Elite container looks like the SECOND image I posted in the OP. It has the "legs" sticking out of the bottom.

Nice guide! Now I know when to open containers. One thing though, idk if you mentioned it but do vanities drop only from elite containers?

No, the vanities drop from anything. It can be a mob, regular container, elite container, boss, or mini-boss.

And thanks everyone!

Physiologic
08-31-2011, 10:21 AM
No, the vanities drop from anything. It can be a mob, regular container, elite container, boss, or mini-boss.

Is there screenshot proof of vanities dropping from a specific object (be it mob/container/boss), because I've heard vanities drop nearly anywhere as well but I haven't seen an ss yet...as for all things on the internet, "pics or it didn't happen"!

Acyer
08-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Is there screenshot proof of vanities dropping from a specific object (be it mob/container/boss), because I've heard vanities drop nearly anywhere as well but I haven't seen an ss yet...as for all things on the internet, "pics or it didn't happen"!

My first vanity was from The dog that comes out the ground in outer limits second one was from the second chest in outer limits.

ProSophist
08-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Why would people even lie about where the vanities drop?

I've seen 4 vanities drop: A mechman helm, xray visor, squid buddy all from outer limit mobs, and a squid buddy from Guardian.

As far as I'm concerned, these items aren't worth farming. You could end up spending an eternity trying to get one and never succeed. Although there are people who took a few runs to get them. It's completely random.

Physiologic
08-31-2011, 11:21 AM
My first vanity was from The dog that comes out the ground in outer limits second one was from the second chest in outer limits.

Screenshots?

Why would people even lie about where the vanities drop?

It's the internet, and being a health care professional I don't believe anything in the internet until I see it for myself :p You could probably guess I'm agonistic/atheist, but that is a completely different topic altogether.

Nightarcher
08-31-2011, 12:32 PM
It's the internet, and being a health care professional I don't believe anything in the internet until I see it for myself :p You could probably guess I'm agonistic/atheist, but that is a completely different topic altogether.

I would agree if it was an item almost nobody had, but there are plenty of people who have witnessed a drop or have received one themselves. I think it's safe to conclude that they are an extremely rare drop from any mob/boss in Numa Prime.

Statistically speaking, the chances that every single person who has witnesses a drop is lying is ridiculously low. Oh, and we have so few screenshots because most people who've seen them are Android users. :)

Register
08-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Cool! Anybody have a complete list of green drops for the levels?

Also, does guardian have a chance to drop all greens? That makes sense...hes the hardest and coolest boss in the game lol

ezarf
08-31-2011, 01:02 PM
And you would have to be real quick to get a screen shot of a drop and what it came from

Redbridge
08-31-2011, 01:51 PM
You could probably guess I'm agonistic/atheist

Phys, agonistic or agnostic...LOL

Anyways, this is great. adding to the ever increasing 'SL Stuff' list of guides.

Nightarcher
08-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Phys, agonistic or agnostic...LOL

Well I guess he could be very aggressive if he wanted to. :P

noneo
08-31-2011, 06:44 PM
It would be outstanding for a dev to chime in and just say, "Yes, vanities drop everywhere", or "No, vanities are only mob drops." *clear's throat*

longsteak
08-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Sweet info!
Does this only apply to numa? Or are there elite chests in the other levels too?

noneo
08-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Sweet info!
Does this only apply to numa? Or are there elite chests in the other levels too?

As of now, I can only guarantee that the Elite chests appear in Numa. However, I be looking into other levels when I hit 26 in the near future.

Ellyidol
08-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Finally saw my first elite chest in UC earlier!

Any experiences of the chests in OL turning elite? I've done quite a number, but never an elite. Maybe in UC only?

Zaltiar
08-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Ive been trying to farm for vanities in outter limits and unchartered ruins, havent seen a single,drop.
I heard someone got xray visors from the last cycorp map :|.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

ocagrevy
08-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Oh, and we have so few screenshots because most people who've seen them are Android users. :)

What are you talking about? I have a android and ive been able to take screen shots since the day i got it in march....

roguedubb
08-31-2011, 09:48 PM
X-Ray Visor just dropped for me
6893 kills
Numa Prime
The Outer Limits
about ~70 mobs in

Haven't seen a single elite chest yet, but I don't always pay attention to the way they look.

Nightarcher
08-31-2011, 09:54 PM
What are you talking about? I have a android and ive been able to take screen shots since the day i got it in march....

Oh yeah, I forgot there are tons of Android phones, and some do have screenshoot capabilities. Nevermind, I've just heard people say they have an Android phone and can't take a screenshot.

(whereas with iPhones they're all the same)

Shadowie
08-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the info. I have not withness any vanity drop yet, but till then, these elite chest will be what i am looking forward to. Tysm!

ocagrevy
08-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot there are tons of Android phones, and some do have screenshoot capabilities. Nevermind, I've just heard people say they have an Android phone and can't take a screenshot.

(whereas with iPhones they're all the same)

I see. I did forget to add i had to get app from market. So no worries. We both learned somethin :)

noneo
08-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Keep the drop locations and info coming! This is great.

Also, rogue, did you happen to take a screenshot of the drop?

roguedubb
08-31-2011, 10:55 PM
didnt screenshot it as it happened, not even sure how to on ipad. it was at the first cluster of 3dogs+1dude

Lowlyspy
08-31-2011, 11:59 PM
The elite boxes spawn in delta 7 as well, i saw a bunch of them when i was grinding for 21 in the beta

Nightarcher
09-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Elite crates can appear in any level of the game; I've seen them in every single campaign. Here's one in the 3rd level of Delta 7 :)

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/michaelsaysmoo/4b105103.jpg

noneo
09-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Great finds guys! I'll update the OP with this info.

Kakatoa91
09-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Sorry for the quality of pic lol.
Im usin android phone and i was at work so i lend a friends phone. Sbdy else should take a pic.

Heres an elite chest in red sun maps in special Op room before I open. You can notice theres no green sign over it btw.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k604/Etterbeek/Picture28.jpg

I had several of those in the special rooms.
Drop r mainly II yellow or other yellow, this one gave me a yellow III weapon. I dont remember gettin a green but maybe it can, who knows.

Ellyidol
09-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Yeah, we can barely see anything that resembles SL :(

noneo
09-01-2011, 11:19 AM
I can see the chest.

in the picture, you see three large blue "squares", then there are two thinner blue "ovals". Those are the legs of the Elite chest.

That is very interesting that it does not have the green icon above it. Was this opened when you took the picture?

Ellyidol
09-01-2011, 11:24 AM
I can see the chest.

in the picture, you see three large blue "squares", then there are two thinner blue "ovals". Those are the legs of the Elite chest.

That is very interesting that it does not have the green icon above it. Was this opened when you took the picture?

Now that you point it out, I see it :)

Kakatoa91
09-01-2011, 11:29 AM

Nope not yet open. Thats why I wrote it since the picture is er... blurry lol. :p

Ebalere
09-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Blurry is an understatement, lol

As for vanities and where they drop, I've seen two drop, both were mech mans, and both from outer limits, when u turn right at the intersection and then turn left towards hobo begguns.

shannong
09-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Is it possible that they spawn with greater frequency in Uncharted Ruins? I've seen three there in a dozen runs, but never seen one anywhere else.

Kakatoa91
09-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Is it possible that they spawn with greater frequency in Uncharted Ruins? I've seen three there in a dozen runs, but never seen one anywhere else.

Hard to say, but id say its as frequent in other maps. Its just that people dont notice or are unaware since they fly through low lvl maps and dont usually do runs like in numa ruins.
I soloed farm stim/power/9-10 yellow gear on the 3rd red sun map mainly with my op becoz it has 6 chests. Easy and fast. Had about a dozen of elite chest during that time. Had also some elites on my solo OL.

Register
09-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Yay! I gotta look out for those Elite Chests when soloing in Outer Limits!

noneo
09-03-2011, 06:32 AM
I just found another Elite chest in Cycorp Consumer Testing.

Register
09-03-2011, 09:36 AM
I just found another Elite chest in Cycorp Consumer Testing.

Lol I just came to this thread to say I just found an Elite Chest in one of the cycorp levels. I cant remember the name but its the one with the Soda Machine NPC. I didnt get a green :( But another person in the group (forgoten) got gallowtech shoes. It was in the area that the Engineer (me) has to repair the terminal to get in. two chests inside. 1 was elite.

Btw, forgoten was the name of person who got Gallow shoes. Not that I forgot the name haha

CanonicalKoi
09-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Just found one outside Numa, too, Register. :) Found it in Rockfall while soloing, but it didn't drop anything but a yellow. :( It was in the first alcove you come to on the left.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/specialchest.png

noneo
09-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Found it in Rockfall while soloing, but it didn't drop anything but a yellow. :(

You know, the one I opened in Cycorp didn't drop anything but a yellow either. I wonder if there are "good and bad" yellows as well.

CanonicalKoi
09-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Hmmm....I'll have to dig into my inventory and find it.

ETA: Got the footed chest again in the same spot--it's the room you need the emailed password to open. Soloing, again. Yellow drop, again. Limited Class IV Hammer Fists, level 19.

ETA Part Deux: Just found another, also in Rockfall, but this time it was in the room only openable by a Commando. Solo again--this time, it only dropped a white item, Type IV ElectroWeave Bracers.

Kakatoa91
09-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Erm just notice some days ago while creating a new avatar,
You have 2 elite chests in the first tutorial map... lol
Just the weapon and lil gear for fresh start.

im4broke
09-08-2011, 08:09 AM
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k529/im4broke/attachInk_1315487434066.png

I have come across elite chest in several maps and yet to get anything better than an orange rather common item.

BodMaster
09-08-2011, 08:12 AM
The first place i had noticed this was the Dead Man runs.. millions of these runs when you could still get xp/kills at the end of level.

When you get the keypass from a mutated officer to the left of the start, open the door and follow until a left turn you sould see a few squid dudes on the floor which jump up as you get close, the door requires an engineer, in there are two chest and one would most likely be a elite chest (which you can see without opening the door and i would be shouting... BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG), if not used to carry on kill farming anyway, now i would be more thank likely keep repeating this (due to xp being nerfed) to farm as not many enemies needed to be killed to get there.

Though I did find with any of these spots (another in the cycorps but quite far in, where the vular used to appear now randomly) that if you were the required class for the door needed then the elite chest would not seem to make an appearance, which if you think about it makes alot of sense :)

Ephemeris
09-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Good stuff, Noneo. While something good/of value could drop from a traditional chest, it drives me mad when folks run in to -- for example -- the room with the double "angry bugs" (I have no idea what they're really called) on Uncharted Ruins when the chest is clearly not elite. These are usually the same people that pull both of them at the same time, too. Just kidding... Well... Kind of. :)

noneo
09-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Thank you everyone for the pictures and location information. I updated the OP with the images posted in this thread.

Thanks!

nubie
09-09-2011, 12:01 AM
there's no guarantee that if u find that elite chest u'll get green. i think all u need is a luck potion.

MYNISTA
09-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Found one last night...Uncharted...got a green!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/mynista/EliteChest.png

Nands
11-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Anyone knows if elite chests can drop epics on Shipyard or Slouch?

BodMaster
11-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Anyone knows if elite chests can drop epics on Shipyard or Slouch?

Wow another blast from the past :)

In the time have been levelling in Slouch-O or SY, Can honestly say I haven't seen Epics drop from Epic Chest! Not so Epic lately, in Numa they dropped Rare (Green) alot but other than that not epic at all :(

Defyduck
11-10-2011, 05:40 AM
saw recipe drop two times,once in slouch, once in sy from elite chest, confirm hellcharger he got the recipe in slouch from chest

Kahlua
11-10-2011, 06:53 AM
saw recipe drop two times,once in slouch, once in sy from elite chest, confirm hellcharger he got the recipe in slouch from chest
I think the real question is if actual armor epics drop from chests. In numa, the rarer greens could be dropped from elite chests, but so far I haven't seen any besides recipes from chests

ninjaduck
11-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Ive been trying to farm for vanities in outter limits and unchartered ruins, havent seen a single,drop.
I heard someone got xray visors from the last cycorp map :|.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Are you sure this is true? If it is that just crazy :S :gorilla: :gorilla: :gorilla: :gorilla::gorilla: :gorilla: :gorilla:

Garvhoz
11-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks, and I knew it! that was a special type of chest

BodMaster
11-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Are you sure this is true? If it is that just crazy :S :gorilla: :gorilla: :gorilla: :gorilla::gorilla: :gorilla: :gorilla:

Yup back in beta as Numa was just released :) a few know abt it but without proof its up to ppl what they believe. Well we know they drop in Delta but only after Numa release.

Acyer
11-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Yup vanities came when Numa map released. So after numa came out vanities could drop anywhere.