PDA

View Full Version : connection advantage in duel arena

Robhawk
07-14-2016, 01:52 PM
Since my thread in pvp section got closed in minutes i will try to make it as drama free as possible. :)
I think its time to do something about it. Not every player sits next to the AL servers like some...

So a timer at the beginning and between each round with more then 3 seconds would be gggrreeaaaaaattttttt !!!

It has NOTHING to do with the recording! My device is a Samsung galxy s7 edge and the recording tool is Samsungs Game Tool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1t4Emu0yqA&feature=youtu.be

Zeus
07-14-2016, 03:37 PM
There is a timer at the beginning of each round.

Robhawk
07-14-2016, 03:53 PM
There is a timer at the beginning of each round.

Do you see a timer in this video? I dont... So timer length is to short... in all the duels we did today i never saw a timer!

Zeus
07-14-2016, 04:13 PM
Do you see a timer in this video? I dont... So timer length is to short... in all the duels we did today i never saw a timer!

Your load times are slow, they always give 3 seconds per round.

Robhawk
07-14-2016, 04:22 PM
Your load times are slow, they always give 3 seconds per round.

Yes they are... that is playing AL from germany on usa servers... So a timer with 6 seconds would be fine for me, then you have 6 seconds and can even adjust and change skills and i have 1 to 3 seconds to get not rushed!

extrapayah
07-15-2016, 07:53 AM
nice video, i hope everyone including devs take a look into the video
i guess globally online pvp is never fair with different network delay, unless sts apply delay to balance between players
this also explain why there are so many mysterious attacks in pve too, because pve enemies totally have zero delay, and sts never consider delay to begin with, even though the ping is shown as green...

Lolifee
07-15-2016, 11:47 AM
i have the same issue robhawk. soetimes after each round.

Gouiwaa9000
07-16-2016, 06:21 AM
nice video, i hope everyone including devs take a look into the video
i guess globally online pvp is never fair with different network delay, unless sts apply delay to balance between players
this also explain why there are so many mysterious attacks in pve too, because pve enemies totally have zero delay, and sts never consider delay to begin with, even though the ping is shown as green...

Why should the players with good connection suffer because of the players with slower one? Having proper tech is a part of gaming ....im living in Europe , but my ping is stable at 80-120 . So its not a problem of country ( tough that does play a huge role , its possible to get a very small delay wihtout living on the roof of sts )

The problem was in the loading speed. Zeus started when robhawk was still in his duel screen . You can see a small delay ( robhawk took damage slightly before the attacks were reaching him , but its like 0.1s , wont make a huge diffirence ) , that was their ping diffirence , the rest is more device-speed related .

Intous
07-16-2016, 07:08 AM
Maybe something like a 2 seconds shield to prevent spawn kills, same as on PvP maps.

Astrea
07-16-2016, 10:54 AM
Yes they are... that is playing AL from germany on usa servers... So a timer with 6 seconds would be fine for me, then you have 6 seconds and can even adjust and change skills and i have 1 to 3 seconds to get not rushed!

Germany? Ohh...

Nein Nein Nein

Robhawk
07-16-2016, 03:27 PM
the rest is more device-speed related .

I am sorry that i play on a VERY OLD and OUTDATED Samsung Galaxy S7 edge... lol

Gouiwaa9000
07-16-2016, 04:04 PM
I am sorry that i play on a VERY OLD and OUTDATED Samsung Galaxy S7 edge... lol

Im not sure but i think zeus is running AL on pc , and thats for sure faster. Even when i swap from my tablet ( mainly use for gaming ) to my phone i see a diffirence in loading speed . All tough it is messed up that "loading speed" can even be a problem with a device as powerfull as galaxy s7 edge....

Intous
07-17-2016, 08:51 AM
Meh, phones, tablets, cannot compare to a pc's processing speed, be it Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

Zeus
07-17-2016, 09:07 AM
Meh, phones, tablets, cannot compare to a pc's processing speed, be it Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

Yes, and mine is a quad core i7 with a dedicated GPU. Simply put, I'm always going to beat mobile devices when it comes to loading times.

Robhawk
07-18-2016, 02:58 AM
Yes, and mine is a quad core i7 with a dedicated GPU. Simply put, I'm always going to beat mobile devices when it comes to loading times.

Well there is no doubt that a PC is way faster then even the best mobile phones like s7 edge...

Imho Arcane Legends is a MOBILE game, isn't it? When playing on PC gives such advantages compared to people playing on the best MOBILES then playing on PC shouldn't be allowed!

Intous
07-18-2016, 04:42 AM
Well there is no doubt that a PC is way faster then even the best mobile phones like s7 edge...

Imho Arcane Legends is a MOBILE game, isn't it? When playing on PC gives such advantages compared to people playing on the best MOBILES then playing on PC shouldn't be allowed!

O.O a huge part of the player base relies on PC to play this game, removing this game from pc will be disastrous, also, removing the game from pc, because, it gives an advantage is really unreasonable.

Zeus
07-18-2016, 10:47 AM

You do realize that PCs have a lot of disadvantages over mobile users too? First of all, unless your PC is touch screen...you will not swap as fast as a mobile user. Secondly, PC movement is 8 directions, as opposed to 360 movement in mobile user. If you try running maps that have a slanted angle, you are always running crooked on a PC. Anything that requires interaction with the user menu, such as skill swap, liquidation, gear swap, etc, is much slower on PC.

There's a give and take with everything.

Robhawk
07-19-2016, 01:25 AM
You do realize that PCs have a lot of disadvantages over mobile users too? First of all, unless your PC is touch screen...you will not swap as fast as a mobile user. Secondly, PC movement is 8 directions, as opposed to 360 movement in mobile user. If you try running maps that have a slanted angle, you are always running crooked on a PC. Anything that requires interaction with the user menu, such as skill swap, liquidation, gear swap, etc, is much slower on PC.
There's a give and take with everything.

1. Have a look at the topic of this thread!
2. Watch the video carefully.
3. Tell me something about disadvantages on PC vs mobile !!!

Zeus
07-19-2016, 04:56 PM
1. Have a look at the topic of this thread!
2. Watch the video carefully.
3. Tell me something about disadvantages on PC vs mobile !!!

You clearly did not read my post if you're asking me to list disadvantages. There's a give and take. Mobile is better in some areas, PC is better in others. That's just how it is.

Robhawk
07-20-2016, 06:31 AM
You clearly did not read my post if you're asking me to list disadvantages. There's a give and take. Mobile is better in some areas, PC is better in others. That's just how it is.

You clearly don't understand the meaning of this thread. This thread IS ABOUT DUEL not about other parts of the game... Do you really want to discuss anything regarding facts shown in the video? Are you kidding me? I know you don't care much about sportsmanship and abused your advantage as much as possible... ok... But why for gods sake do you even discuss obvious things shown in this video? Dude? zzzZZZZZZZ !!!

eh. regardless if you're using pc or mobile, robhawk always rants when he loses to somone/everyone.

Im sorry when i wrecked you to often... now go troll somewhere else, TY! BTW its really funny that you register to a forum and your first and only post is a hate post against me in a not very popular sub forum, lmao ! Normally i would say give me your ign and we play but you are obviously a true nab so i don't even want to know your ign... Just say hi to my ignorelist!

Zeus
07-20-2016, 06:47 AM
You clearly don't understand the meaning of this thread. This thread IS ABOUT DUEL not about other parts of the game... Do you really want to discuss anything regarding facts shown in the video? Are you kidding me? I know you don't care much about sportsmanship and abused your advantage as much as possible... ok... But why for gods sake do you even discuss obvious things shown in this video? Dude? zzzZZZZZZZ !!!

Im sorry when i wrecked you to often... now go troll somewhere else, TY! BTW its really funny that you register to a forum and your first and only post is a hate post against me in a not very popular sub forum, lmao ! Normally i would say give me your ign and we play but you are obviously a true nab so i don't even want to know your ign... Just say hi to my ignorelist!

I'm sorry, I'm not going to wait 5 seconds so you can proc lava pools. The game has a countdown and that's what I follow. If you're not ready by then, it's not really my problem.

By the way, I have no issues with load times on my iPhone 6 Plus, even when fighting PC users. After your thread, I got curious and wanted to try from my phone. There was no issue and I always got the warning count down before each round.

P.S: What he says is true, lol...how are you going to ignore list someone who's IGN you do not know?

Robhawk
07-20-2016, 07:48 AM
I'm sorry, I'm not going to wait 5 seconds so you can proc lava pools. The game has a countdown and that's what I follow. If you're not ready by then, it's not really my problem.

Its not about spamming lava pools its about being able to do anything but i know that u just don't want to understand this. The video clearly shows it... where is the space for discussion here? There is none!

By the way, I have no issues with load times on my iPhone 6 Plus, even when fighting PC users. After your thread, I got curious and wanted to try from my phone. There was no issue and I always got the warning count down before each round.

Ever played a game where the servers are located in germany? No ? I see... It is not only about the average ping and menu loading speeds it has a lot to do with ping spikes / connection issues, which can be several seconds! I know that you don't know these things with your 16ms LAN ping! I mean i dont get such a good ping when i play battlefield 4 on german servers, lmao but id be fine with ping 35 in arcane legends!

P.S: What he says is true, lol...how are you going to ignore list someone who's IGN you do not know?

There is an ignore list function on forums too...

ps: Zeus, i know your ego is really big, your bank is big, your PC is big, your connection is big everything surrounding Mr. Zeus is just big! You dont care for sportsmanship, don't accept other opinion then your own... You even kicked me out of the guild, it was "pride" as far as i can remember because i didnt want to block the enemy (magnum) team, it is ok... I really don't care but please don't destroy my thread here, TY! Take Avemaria by the hand and just go for another thread where you both can troll all day! Just save your energy for something else, there is no need for you to reply on this post i wont answer to it! Have a nice one!

Avemaria
07-20-2016, 10:19 AM
i'm just laughing to see someone cry so much just for losing a duel. it's not zeus' fault he's a better player than you. if there's a person who needs to save his energy instead of ranting always for not having things go your way, it's you robhawk. learn how to play properly and maybe you'll stop flooding forums with your rants :) may you have a nice day. you badly need one :)

Lolifee
07-20-2016, 12:55 PM
I dont get you guys. seriously. is it so hard to understand that its just not fair if you get attacked while your still loading?
it just shouldnt be like this. hes not cryn about losing against zeus lol

Zeazimeh
07-20-2016, 10:50 PM
Your ping is green in that duration. Doesn't seem like a network problem. Duels work fine even in yellow ping.

Lolifee
07-21-2016, 03:58 AM

and this countdown is a little bit too short. thats why he is asking for a few more sec. otherwise we from germany have a big disatvantage
true that its not your problem so just stay away from this thread lol

Robhawk
07-21-2016, 06:46 AM
Your ping is green in that duration. Doesn't seem like a network problem. Duels work fine even in yellow ping.

Im not sure,lol, but perhaps you can see a "green ping in that duration", i cant! I see a ping again when im finally in the duel ,yes... and ?

Gouiwaa9000
07-23-2016, 03:09 PM
it's not zeus' fault he's a better player than you

Not defending anyone , but we dont know who is the "most skilled" player IN THIS sotuation from THIS video , all i can see is an 1-combo kill . Even tough i like to use my conmection advantage in duels , as for me this doesent even count a "fight" considering one of the sides didnt get time to do anything .

Lolifee
07-28-2016, 03:41 PM
no dev looking into this?

Zeus
07-28-2016, 03:45 PM
no dev looking into this?

Connection advantages always exist in PvP - so don't really see why they would. Those with better ping do better in PvP.

Robhawk
08-05-2016, 05:12 AM
Not defending anyone , but we dont know who is the "most skilled" player IN THIS sotuation from THIS video , all i can see is an 1-combo kill . Even tough i like to use my conmection advantage in duels , as for me this doesent even count a "fight" considering one of the sides didnt get time to do anything .

Thank you for understanding the intention of my thread! The video is not about the players skills... But if anyone is interested i lost the first duel 1to3 and the 2nd 2to3. Out of these 9 fights i got rushed to death 5 times, 4 times i was able to press pet AA before the rush and i won 3 out of these fights. So when you ask me i won 3 to 1 but who cares! :boxing:

Lolifee
08-05-2016, 05:35 AM
Connection advantages always exist in PvP - so don't really see why they would. Those with better ping do better in PvP.

Sure, thats true. but not like this. whats your problem with us asking for more than a three sec timer?
and its not about ping. its about the loading time. some ppl can attack while others are still loading. why can't you understand that this is unfair? seriously i don't get it.

Robhawk
08-05-2016, 06:14 AM
Sure, thats true. but not like this. whats your problem with us asking for more than a three sec timer?
and its not about ping. its about the loading time. some ppl can attack while others are still loading. why can't you understand that this is unfair? seriously i don't get it.

Thanks for your support but don't waste your energy. Some people just don't want to understand logical things to keep own world perfect... ;)