PDA

View Full Version : Rogues don't pack up yet.

Befs
07-14-2016, 04:15 PM
So, rogue aimed shot has been "nerfed", but once again, it's a fix.

Based on a thorough description from Vroom, the problem with aimed shot was it's inconsistency, with a weak shot from it being incredibly weak, and a strong shot from it being incredibly powerful.

What StS is attempting to do is raise the minimum and lower the maximum for a more consistent skill. For example now it deals 3k-7k damage but they wanna get it to about 5k every time.

P.S. The auto attack of bows was buffed in this patch as well.

Zeus
07-14-2016, 04:18 PM
5K every time is still a nerf to a class that was already weak in PvP. The entire reason to play rogue was the huge nuke damage - that was the only thing that made it worth the hundreds of deaths.

Befs
07-14-2016, 04:19 PM
5K every time is still a nerf to a class that was already weak in PvP. The entire reason to play rogue was the huge nuke damage - that was the only thing that made it worth the hundreds of deaths.

Was just relaying an explanation from a dev.

Plqgue
07-14-2016, 04:24 PM

Remember what you said earlier bro it's not a Nerf it's a fix...well it's not a Nerf it's a fix

Tatman
07-14-2016, 04:26 PM
So, basically I read this as "there was nothing wrong, but we didn't like that it was inconsistent".

As for the bow auto attack buff - that's another example of "great" balancing. Nerf skill damage (daggers advantage), buff auto attack damage (bow advantage). Great balancing, don't you think? :)

Zeus
07-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Remember what you said earlier bro it's not a Nerf it's a fix...well it's not a Nerf it's a fix

You have to undo all the other balances that were given in respect to aim hitting so hard then. That involves giving up the multiple shield buffs to sorcerer, that involves giving up the multiple juggernaut buffs to warrior. :)

Plqgue
07-14-2016, 04:29 PM
You have to undo all the other balances that were given in respect to aim hitting so hard then. That involves giving up the multiple shield buffs to sorcerer, that involves giving up the multiple juggernaut buffs to warrior. :)

Lol what I see is
"You nerfed me now everyone else must be nerfed"

Befs
07-14-2016, 04:30 PM
So, basically I read this as "there was nothing wrong, but we didn't like that it was inconsistent".

As for the bow auto attack buff - that's another example of "great" balancing. Nerf skill damage (daggers advantage), buff auto attack damage (bow advantage). Great balancing, don't you think? :)

Aimed shot hasn't been rebalanced yet, and I do not support leaving rogues in the state they're in.

Visiting
07-14-2016, 04:31 PM
Aimed shot hasn't been rebalanced yet, and I do not support leaving rogues in the state they're in.

They nerfed the skill with no actual plans to adjust it, they simply said "we're gonna see what this does to the game, have fu."

Lunarpvp
07-14-2016, 04:33 PM
Okay it was fun while it lasted being a rogue. XD Hasta La Vista

Tatman
07-14-2016, 04:34 PM
Yeah, my post was directed to the devs, not to you. But this is what I got from it - "It wasn't broken, it's just that we didn't like it and we will rework it".

Befs
07-14-2016, 04:34 PM
They nerfed the skill with no actual plans to adjust it, they simply said "we're gonna see what this does to the game, have fu."

Well they're testing rn with actual in game players

Also the fix will come next week.

Lunarpvp
07-14-2016, 04:35 PM
Well than its simple...dont pvp until the dev's fix their mess rogues. :witless:

Justg
07-14-2016, 04:38 PM
Easy folks, we're looking at data now.

ilhanna
07-14-2016, 04:39 PM
Well they're testing rn with actual in game players

Also the fix will come next week.

Why are you being their mouthpiece?

Befs
07-14-2016, 04:40 PM
Why are you being their mouthpiece?

Because I was standing next to *developer* and got an explanation and didn't want people raging :fatigue:

Not responding anymore bc I'm digging myself into a hole here.

Tatman
07-14-2016, 04:41 PM
Well than its simple...dont pvp until the dev's fix their mess rogues. :witless:
Don't pve either. If Zeus is right (and I totally trust him about numbers), we should be a joke vs elite mobs too.

Lunarpvp
07-14-2016, 04:45 PM
Easy folks, we're looking at data now.

Should have done it earlier Gary. Shame, shame, shame :p

runagain
07-14-2016, 04:45 PM

True, rogue is nothing without damage. They have to make it back like 41 cap, less bs procs and more skill... everyone can play tanks now. just stay ina corner and stack some lava and pull them towards u... ez isnt it? XD

Justg
07-14-2016, 04:46 PM
Should have done it earlier Gary. Shame, shame, shame :p

Test or Dev environment is one thing, Live is completely another. And you should know by now I have no shame :P

ilhanna
Because I was standing next to *developer* and got an explanation and didn't want people raging :fatigue:

Not responding anymore bc I'm digging myself into a hole here.

Not skewering you but they have to speak up and take responsibility.

Imback Al
Tbh this aimed shot nerf makes daggers useless in pvp. In duel they aren't but in clash / ctf vs? Bow will dominate

Lunarpvp
07-14-2016, 04:47 PM
Test or Dev environment is one thing, Live is completely another. And you should know by now I have no shame :P

I stand corrected. XD

Imback Al
07-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Once upon a time there was a little rogue. She asked her mother "Mama, will I ever be strong like you?"
Her mother replied "Nah aimed shot got nerfed hun you're gonna get farmed in pvp and pve, better stack up ankhs, gonna be hard finishing maps." "Oh :( ok" (the little rogue made a Mage and lived happily ever after)

-just a little joke XD hopefully aim nerf won't be THAT devastating

Justg
07-14-2016, 04:52 PM
Not skewering you but they have to speak up and take responsibility.

You have seen us before, during, and now afterwards. We're looking at the data, you know our intent. Raging and threatening to quit does not help anything. Engage with us in a professional fashion and we will do the same.

Imback Al
07-14-2016, 04:54 PM
You have seen us before, during, and now afterwards. We're looking at the data, you know our intent. Raging and threatening to quit does not help anything. Engage with us in a professional fashion and we will do the same.

Oh snap! Gary on the prowl.

Justg
07-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Not on the prowl, just trying to interact with the community in a reasonable fashion. Here is Vroom's latest on this:

Hey all.

Speaking with Carapace about the performance of Rogues and Aimed Shot, this is the path we're taking. All analysis is going on right now, I gathered stats from high end Rogues in game to use as examples. The previous combination that resulted in really spiky damage for Aimed Shot will be adjusted so that the High and Low aren't so drastically far apart. All other combinations of Aimed Shot will be buffed to be in line with this combination so there won't be the disparity.

I'll be more transparent about this after the analysis is complete and will show the stats gathered for players as well as how damage would be affected (without any player names).

Thanks for the feedback and considerations everyone!
-STSVroom

In the interest of consistency, and so those guys don't have to bounce all over different threads, let's keep the conversation here:

www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?353888-Design-Blog-On-Balance-Adjusting-items-not-working-as-intended&p=2533044#post2533044.