PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sorry, I Was AFD. ;)

EyelessBear
09-01-2011, 01:02 AM
~Ever had to go somewhere while playing SL and you don't want close the app?
~Have you ever left and came back to see people were messaging you or were talking to you but you had chores to do?

If you answered yes to any of those two questions, you may find this idea to be very interesting.
What if there were a symbol/sign that said "AFD" next to your username that would indicate that you are "Away From Device"? Wouldn't that let players know your busy doing something, although your avatar is still logged on.

Example:

Eyeless (AFD)
(Genocide)
O
|
/\

Any thoughts on this idea?:D Feel free to agree or disagree with me. :3
(Please do not flame or spam) (x.x)

TheMatrixMan
09-01-2011, 01:12 AM
I think it's a nice idea :D

dcichoracki
09-02-2011, 04:29 PM
This was already suggested, and I stick by my original thought: if you are in an active game & put on an away notification, you should either be sent back to the base or be open to being kicked from the game by anyone in there. This would help to prevent swiping a spot that could be occupied by an active player as well as waiting for players to reacha boss or other item drop to participate...or maybe if you go away in a game, you lose all item drops from that game, to further discourage item sniping.

Maybe it's a bit harsh, but the only time I saw a vanity drop, it was to a player who had waited at the start "away" and ran up catch up just in time for the drop then disappeared.

I'm all for going afk in a base or guild hall, but if you enter a game & don't fight, well that's useless.

Dracula
09-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Agree with this suggestion. Posted it before for PL. But I would prefer a custom auto-reply instead. "Can't talk, farming."