PDA

View Full Version : Booting from games

Freek van Hezik
09-01-2011, 12:43 PM
I have noticed that ever since apple users gotten into star legends Ive been booted from games so many times, before they joined it seriously never happened.

Really wonder why they do this.If you don't want people in your game put a password on it.

Sorry about this post but I'm so agitated right now

Air
09-01-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm sorry I'm an Apple user

Punktate
09-01-2011, 02:20 PM
The majority of iOS users arent smart, id imagine more little kids have iPod touches which probably explains the booting. Hell, someone I was playing with told me not to open the chests because the Guardian would have better drops. I'm an iOS user, and it annoys me too.

CanonicalKoi
09-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Guys, really--no flaming IOS or Android or two-tin-cans-attached-with-string. You may be being booted by an Apple user. Or an Android user or heaven-only-knows-what user. There's really no way of knowing. It's annoying and I agree--if you only want certain people in your game, put a password on it. I'm also an IOS user and got my first boot yesterday on a baby char. Don't know what OS the person uses, but hey! Jerkitude knows no national/language/device boundaries. :D

alexjp
09-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Ye I understand what your saying ,but it can be anyone. It usually happens to me when I'm at guardian and we about to kill they kick me and say need room. It's like really I helped clear whole map and that's what I get. I've been kicked on my com lvl 21 eng lvl 25 and even my op lvl 26. It's very annoying when they so that. I'm an iOS and android user and I've noticed it happening even before iOS came. What I think they should put in ,but I don't think it would,but anyways when someone tries to kick someone they put a reason and then everyone votes to kick or not. To help prevent this from happening

Punktate
09-01-2011, 02:48 PM
A vote! Great idea!

mycroftxxx
09-01-2011, 02:51 PM
They were talking about adding a boot voting mechanism about 6 months ago…

Orcish
09-01-2011, 04:00 PM
It isn't an iOS player issue, there's just a lot more players playing now. A lot of these players are new to mmo's and STS gaming with little to no experience with proper etiquette.

CrimsonTider
09-01-2011, 04:06 PM
The majority of iOS users arent smart, id imagine more little kids have iPod touches which probably explains the booting. Hell, someone I was playing with told me not to open the chests because the Guardian would have better drops. I'm an iOS user, and it annoys me too.

This type of post is uncalled for. I have ALOT if friends who are IOS users and only a few are children. It is one thing to have an opinion guys but to stereotype a population based off of a "hunch" is inappropriate. Also referred to as trolling.

Register
09-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I booted that person earlier because I was reserving the spots just in case guildies wanna come. Then he says to lock the game....I farm kills and that takes too long...and saying the password every little bit in guild chat is annoying. And then what was the....(not gonna say it D:)....Silliest (groan) thing was that he assumes i dont know about locking games. And then he assumes that im an ios user BECAUSE I supposedly dont know how to lock games. So he comes up that I dont know how to play the game completely because I booted him.

Does the name RoyalCommando ring a bell? If so....sorry but that was a really stupid assumption.

(oops I said it :3)

CanonicalKoi
09-01-2011, 05:12 PM
(Not meant to imply that you did anything wrong, but to offer a possible future solution.) Register, why not have someone come up with a short, obscure guild password? The whole guild could use the same one, that way, your games are locked and your guildies always know what it is. I did the same thing in PL--I always use the same password when I solo and all my friends know it and are welcome to join me whenever. :)

ETA: And Register? If I get booted from a game with no reason given (don't know if you gave one or not), I advise the person about locked games. Politely. A lot of folks don't know about them. Assuming from that that you don't know how to play....well. It's never good to jump to conclusions.

Numb
09-01-2011, 05:12 PM
I wanted to post this too.. I mean use passwords if u want select people.

Wretch
09-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Who's royalcommando? Never heard of them....

I'll be sure to boot them any time I see them! Lol

Kakatoa91
09-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Ive been booted like maybe 5 times since start of sl but always at beginnin. Never later. Most of time, people r nice with me and ask to leave if spot reserved for friend or guild.

LessaMoore
09-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Booting is rude. The game is supposed to be fun. When you boot someone it makes them feel bad. It's just that simple. Have fun, meet new people and step out of yourself for a little bit. :)

Blind
09-01-2011, 09:27 PM
R u dumb? What has an electronic device choise got to do with someone's manners, or intelegence like some guy said. The most stupid thread and comments i've seen in 7 months. Far out...

Edit:
Tell me one reason people, why u think u r better than ios users? U just got LUCKY that u got the game first. Plus, like some other guy said before, u aren't better players, not even a little bit.

Numb
09-01-2011, 11:03 PM
R u dumb? What has an electronic device choise got to do with someone's manners, or intelegence like some guy said. The most stupid thread and comments i've seen in 7 months. Far out...

Edit:
Tell me one reason people, why u think u r better than ios users? U just got LUCKY that u got the game first. Plus, like some other guy said before, u aren't better players, not even a little bit.

I had to just quote that after reading the first question. "R u dumb?"

I lol'd...a bit.

Love.peace.chickengrease!

bobfredd
09-02-2011, 03:51 AM
Cool

Freek van Hezik
09-02-2011, 05:20 AM
Indeed, one of them was actually Royalcommando.

Off course I can't be sure that they are ios users but it started happening when they released it for apple.ah well guess it happens

Navygreen
09-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Wow guys..Really? An iOS vs Android battle? East coast vs West coast? I've seen this before...

I say PVP!!!!!!!!

Otherwise, just lock your games. Period.

Freek van Hezik
09-02-2011, 09:26 AM

Edit:

If you read what I said, it says nowhere that apple users are booting me, just stating what the timeframe was. It may seem dumb to you but apparently I'm not the only one who is getting frustrated about this issue.
I understand that people want to do guildruns, but why don't they put a password on it, same goes for runs with friends. Making a password only takes like 2 seconds if you keep it simple enough,even 1 letter will do.

But its just a waste of time, I come to play for a few minutes only sometimes and then the sequence happens. Load game - Enter game - Load game room - Get kicked - Load town - Load other game room - Get kicked again....see what I mean

So the keyword here is password, not that this topic will solve anything but being able to talk about frustrations always helps people calm down :)

Numb
09-02-2011, 09:36 AM
True dat

cagethewicked
09-02-2011, 09:52 AM
my guild is advised never to boot inless its a reserved spot. please notify me if u ever issues with this from the league of assassins. we r only a day old so doubt it was us but for future issues. Thank u GM of L.O.A Cagedkiller