PDA

View Full Version : Official Nuri's Hallows Feedback Thread

Samhayne
09-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Please use this thread to provide your feedback about the Nuri's Hallows Content.

We ask that feedback be kept constructive and that you only post from your actual play experience, not from what you heard from your brother's friend's cousin. Thanks!

NECROREAPER
09-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Can you not progress to the quests that are in nuris tent? The plat ones?

Also, it seems that mana use is higher or regen doesn't do anything anymore.

Great work devs!!! I enjoyed it!!!

Hankomachos
09-01-2011, 03:20 PM
As did I! Love the last map, its so Purty! :)
Great work! +2 complementary :banana: for sts! :D

thugimmortal
09-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Can you not progress to the quests that are in nuris tent? The plat ones?

Also, it seems that mana use is higher or regen doesn't do anything anymore.

Great work devs!!! I enjoyed it!!!

good work on the new stages

as necro said on the final stage where it says go back to nuris tent a window pops up saying that you cannot proceed until you have purchased from platstore

Samhayne
09-01-2011, 03:36 PM
good work on the new stages

as necro said on the final stage where it says go back to nuris tent a window pops up saying that you cannot proceed until you have purchased from platstore

Thanks for the head's up guys, they're posting a fix shortly.

Silentarrow
09-01-2011, 03:40 PM
It seems like all people will have the same skill build now, which I'm not so fond of. I suggest adding more skills or letting us level up our skills past 6!

Cmonson
09-01-2011, 03:42 PM
xperia play buttons are screwed up.

Survivorfan
09-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the head's up guys, they're posting a fix shortly.

And I just posted a thread about it... Always too late

Kingofhurtz
09-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Just a small bug but some of the new purchasable plat items in he platinum store have names that go off of the screen such as the equivalent of the EQ hammer. You can only see up to 'Hamm'.

Hankomachos
09-01-2011, 03:51 PM
And I think at the screen youre at just as you log in says circcus instead of circus. Where the notification screen is I mean.

Orcish
09-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Warning not for the faint of heart! I love the new vanities and gear but the class requirements are lame. You guys are restricting players from buying vanities? This just doesn't make a lot of sense to me other then that i love the new areas and we all can tell you all put a lot of work into it, thank you!

Register
09-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Personally, I dont really like it. Enemies are rough...but thats expected. Of course, its going to be even harder than Sewers! But the music drainage attack thing is just too powerful against archers. My suggestion, take away the mana draining part. I have to spam pots just to keep mana at above 1/2. Lethalchick told me that its really harsh on mages too. Also, mobs are recycled. I kinda like it though! Only thing is that there isnt much "music" in the mobs. Maybe give archer mobs a guitar weapon that fires music notes! Maybe give zombies a microphone weapon that they "swipe" at you. I havent got a real good look at mages however. And maybe change the treasure chests to a blaring radio, similar to what you find in around. Also, drops are recycled. This is what I dislike the most. I was looking forward to cool new drops! Not recycled pizza shields (AO3) and Nightmare staves (Wyldwood I believe) and Wicked Bows...I hope pinks are really rare and AWESOME! Also, new music would be nice. I dont know if I just got unlucky and got a different track then the new one if any.

On the other hand, I absolutely LOVE the lightning thing. And the random radios. Really adds to the always static environment. But maybe have the lightning EVEN more random! Like make lightning even less frequent but have it have an effect! Like Enchantress skill lightning would get like a damage boost or a 100% hit rate if casted within a time frame of the lightning cast. Birds Shattering Scream could get the same boost (Dmg or 100% hit). Hellscream could get an extra Hit percent and damage debuff or last longer.

Another thing I just came up with, maybe a combo with Ursans and Avians that works only in Nuri Hallows? Hellscream and Shattering Scream could trigger a "Devil's Harmony" COMBO? That would be cool!

Thanks for reading my thoughts,
Reg

Another thing! Should I post this as a thread?

Silentarrow
09-01-2011, 04:21 PM
No need to post as a thread. Pinks and purps are not recycled though :).

Ellyidol
09-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Slow debuffs in map permanently remove speed elixirs, even after debuff is gone. It might even make you slower than normal.

mycroftxxx
09-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Slow debuffs in map permanently remove speed elixirs, even after debuff is gone. It might even make you slower than normal.

Haha, a bug imported from SL!

Piosidon
09-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Warning not for the faint of heart! I love the new vanities and gear but the class requirements are lame. You guys are restricting players from buying vanities? This just doesn't make a lot of sense to me other then that i love the new areas and we all can tell you all put a lot of work into it, thank you!

Just like Star Legends with gear

NECROREAPER
09-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Oh I hate that, makes me feel like I'm wasting plat

Moogerfooger
09-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Getting a lot of force closes on a good wifi connection with a fresh rebooted iPhone 3GS. No one specific action is causing it. Also, hitting th epurchase plat button takes forever for anything to happen after tapping on a plat package...if it all.

Xazic
09-01-2011, 05:04 PM

Pheww... Good thing I didn't use plat on an elixir then! Close call though.
(I like going on speed pots)

NECROREAPER
09-01-2011, 05:13 PM
After the newest update to fix nuris tent bug:

Completing the quest brings you into the tent where you complete quest and accept another. You then get teleported to the last map (I think it's nuris madness) but there's nothing to do there. Nuri isn't there at the end and theres nothing to do for the quest.

Wilddar
09-01-2011, 05:55 PM
I checked out the Circus, which it looked pretty cool, I love all the NPC's, and variety of the town. Please dont forget to tell the strong man I want a piggie back ride, and is there any way you can score me one of those balloons? :) Hahaha, anyways back on subject. Great job Devs!

NYCFanMan
09-01-2011, 05:59 PM
I thought we had to pay for something??

Register
09-01-2011, 06:05 PM
OMg! I just had another idea! Carnival games! It could be like a way to earn small gold! The circus would be an ideal location for minigames if they are ever impkemnted (which they should be!)!!!!!! Please make it happeennnnnnnn!!

Yvonnel
09-01-2011, 06:05 PM
I love the update. Hard hitting mobs (especially in Nuri's Madness), sweet new pinks, cool bosses! What's not to love. Thanks as always for the hardwork. Now just gotta get guilds. :-)

Magecreater
09-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I talked to one of the characters asks for a VIP pass and when I finally got it he say I need to purchase the campaign with plat... But were do I buy it at??
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l533/timblahyajim/c454d729.jpg
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l533/timblahyajim/3b85436c.jpg
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l533/timblahyajim/97832b9b.jpg

Irulelol
09-01-2011, 06:38 PM
I love the enemys and dungeons but am very dissapontiend with the loot.most of it looks like older loot but u just changed names and stats :/

Silentarrow
09-01-2011, 06:41 PM
I thought we had to pay for something??

You will have to pay 10 platinum for the campaign Mount Fang. Which will come with the release of guilds.

Bakoffmycandy
09-01-2011, 06:41 PM
All in all I love the update. Only thing I have a question on is why wasn't it the full update? Weren't guilds being incorporated as well?

Looks great, a lot of new content! Thanks for the hard work guys.

Silentarrow
09-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I love the enemys and dungeons but am very dissapontiend with the loot.most of it looks like older loot but u just changed names and stats :/

These are just the "trash" items! The pinks and purples look awesome IMO.

Silentarrow
09-01-2011, 06:43 PM
All in all I love the update. Only thing I have a question on is why wasn't it the full update? Weren't guilds being incorporated as well?

Looks great, a lot of new content! Thanks for the hard work guys.

The full update probably was delayed either by some bugs that needed patching or Apple, either way it's coming soon!

Flickz
09-01-2011, 06:46 PM

These are just the "trash" items! The pinks and purples look awesome IMO. trash items or not they still shouldnt look exactly the same

wvhills
09-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Here's what I think.

Good- I like the difficulty even though I go through tons of health and mana pots. I expect it to get easier though since I'm still in level 55 gear (it's like we're level 50's in the sewers). I like the look of the maps and the mobs. I like snake charmer because he's like sewer bosses, you have to have a strategy to beat him (however, I don't see myself farming him anytime soon since he takes so long to kill). I also like the look of all the bosses. The end with Nuri on the bed was kinda funny, lol.

Bad- All item drops are rehashed over and over again. Idk why it took so long to release this since there doesn't seem to be any creativity as far as item design goes. Everything looks the same. I've suggested it plenty of times and I know others have too so I don't see why you can't put some time into coming up with original designs for equip. Swamps was awesome because of the different looks you can get. I wish they you go back to that.

Besides snake charmer I was greatly disappointed with the rest of the bosses. No real strategy to defeat them. I'm not trying to flame but it seemed bush league to reuse the sayings from the sewer bosses (this is embarrassing). I mean, could you not take the time to come up with 5 different sentences?

Overall I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars. I'm not greatly disappointed but I am let down. This release would be soooooo much better if you'd take the time to make each set of items look different. Give us a little flair like swamps has! Also, PLEASE come up with different catch phrases for the bosses.

Samhayne
09-01-2011, 09:48 PM
You will have to pay 10 platinum for the campaign Mount Fang. Which will come with the release of guilds.

Guilds is coming out free next week.

Mount Fang is still in work, so that will be later.

Samhayne
09-01-2011, 09:49 PM
This release would be soooooo much better if you'd take the time to make each set of items look different. Give us a little flair like swamps has!

Dig deeper and see the pinks, that's where the unique looks are at.

Ellyidol
09-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Feedback on gear, pinks most especially, I liked it better when pinks were true pinks, like in BS. The pinks now seem to be like Ao3, where you have the trash pinks and the premium pinks. Just general impression, I could be very mistaken.

wvhills
09-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Dig deeper and see the pinks, that's where the unique looks are at.

I looked in CS and didn't see any variation. I'll check again...

Magecreater
09-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I looked in CS and didn't see any variation. I'll check again...

There are a bunch of pinks from the new campaign in cs. And a lot of them r different. So idk how u didn't c them lol.

wvhills
09-01-2011, 10:56 PM
There are a bunch of pinks from the new campaign in cs. And a lot of them r different. So idk how u didn't c them lol.

i checked CS and didn't see much variety. The pinks ARE different from pink items of other levels but there's not any variety from one circus pink to the other. What I mean is all pink autobows look the same. all str weapons and armor with "strongmans" in the title look the same. In swamps you had juice jugs for shields, copperhead dolls, witch toad tiara's, frog legs for clubs, fishing poles, banjos, I could go on and on...all of which look different from each other.

BTW, after I checked consignment I realized a lot of the non pink items are EXACT copies from other maps, brainanators, trueshot bows, blizzard sticks, etc.

The reason I'm harping about this is because I believe it's a big deal. Look at how many people farm swamps. We're there because of the different looking drops we can get. After you farm the best gear in sewers or circus you may keep farming to build up your gold but in swamps you could form a collection of cool looking gear.

Riccits
09-02-2011, 12:54 AM
can someone tell me how to enter the last map..?

NECROREAPER
09-02-2011, 01:27 AM
You gotta do all the quests first ric, then after that talk to Esmeralda and she'll let you into nuris tent. In there you just have to do nuris madness map again and boom you're done with all the nuris quests.

thefirehawk
09-02-2011, 01:38 AM
All the guys are 1xp and it stinks for lvling

Riccits
09-02-2011, 01:46 AM
You gotta do all the quests first ric, then after that talk to Esmeralda and she'll let you into nuris tent. In there you just have to do nuris madness map again and boom you're done with all the nuris quests.

that is ok!

i ment this map:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9681/img0287.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/img0287.png/)

since the previous map does have infinite mob spawn u cant complete it... and there isnt a door... or it is?

NECROREAPER
09-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Ope, whoopsies. That map I have no idea how to get to.

And no I dont think there's a door on nuris madness map, unless it's got something to do with the mirrors but I doubt it. It also sucks that you don't get exp from that map :/

RedRyder
09-02-2011, 09:30 AM
The exp you get unless you're using elixirs is ridiculous.....

Redbridge
09-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Just to reiterate what was said previously. Getting App Crashing repeatedly. Tends to be happening during transitions from one area to another? Device rebooted.

Also iPad direction controls seem to be less responsive than normal. But this could be me. Did this get changed at all? I'll keep testing.

CanonicalKoi
09-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Just to reiterate what was said previously. Getting App Crashing repeatedly. Tends to be happening during transitions from one area to another? Device rebooted.

Also iPad direction controls seem to be less responsive than normal. But this could be me. Did this get changed at all? I'll keep testing.

Controls on my first-gen iPad seem to be fine, though it's a lot easier to lose target-lock when kiting. I'm also getting fairly frequent crashes. Device isn't over-heating and this is after a full shutdown to clear cache. And as previously stated, if you get whanged with a slow-down, you can kiss the speed portion of a combo pot goodbye.

ETA: On the upside, "Everybody dance now" cracks me up every. single. time. Maybe I'm just easily amused, but thanks for that, Devs. :D

My only real disappointment is that you didn't put a mess-load of little animated legs with barefeet on the mimic chests--that would have been a perfect salute to "the Luggage" from the Terry Pratchett books.

Redbridge
09-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Note to Devs - just in case you didn't see it. Looks like there may be a typo/issue with Glyph shields.

Check out - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?35677-Glyph-Shields

Slush
09-03-2011, 03:53 AM
We need more exp per kill.

CodyBearr
09-03-2011, 04:04 AM
I didn't read the other posts be4 mine but the Glyph Dex items are messed up so it says you need INT to equip the gear and not Dex and it's obviously a Dex item (glyph Wing & Helm for Ex)

Oh and about new lv... AWESOME! I just wish me and other lv56+ didn't get one shotted out of nowhere lol I died 5 times with nothing around me on 1st day... And today was better but 1st person to attack mob gets owned quick

bronislav84
09-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Just went to Nuri towne for the first time, and this won't do. PLEASE tell me the annoying ringing sound in he background is a bug. The music is playing at the same time.

I hear this same ringing sound when in Ancient Swamp, and it makes my head/ears hurt. I gotta almost turn off all the sound. I thought it might be the sound of swamp wildlife, but for a circus it makes no sense to have a loud and annoying ringing sound.

Please can this ringing be removed from Nuri's Hallows, and tuned to not hurt people's ears in Ancient Swamp?

Is this only on Android that it's remained so long in Ancient Swamp? I'm on Android 2.3.4, using a My Touch 4g.

OrFeAsGr
09-05-2011, 12:45 PM
It seems like all people will have the same skill build now, which I'm not so fond of. I suggest adding more skills or letting us level up our skills past 6!

New skills would be great!!!If thats hard i would suggest we take buffs when we enter PvP arena and last as long as we are at arena!!And dont have as skills...so 2 new skills are putted in their spot!!Also if thats hard too i suggest that weakness and nightmare change use and we use them as buffs when we press themwith every hit they will reduce armor and hit chance etc...

Yardobeef
09-06-2011, 12:54 AM
The glyph plate helmet should require strength attribute. Please address. Also, I bought the 4x pwnage punch yet damage and armor reflect 3x bonus in timer.

JaytB
09-06-2011, 01:19 AM
The glyph plate helmet should require strength attribute. Please address. Also, I bought the 4x pwnage punch yet damage and armor reflect 3x bonus in timer.

Yes, please fix the requirements of str helms and shields. Currently the still require INT instead of STR.

As for the elix, this was mentioned before. Devs said it was only the xp that was 4x. Rest is 3x. Bu yeah, I agree that the description should be fixed :)

ZHEOTARE
09-08-2011, 08:01 PM
My biggest complaint with the new stages is the voices of the bosses. They're recycled sewer boss voices. Can we change this to make the new bosses have their own voices/sayings??

As far as the xp goes... wasn't sewers only giving one per kill also??

octavos
09-09-2011, 04:44 PM
My biggest complaint with the new stages is the voices of the bosses. They're recycled sewer boss voices. Can we change this to make the new bosses have their own voices/sayings??

As far as the xp goes... wasn't sewers only giving one per kill also??

dont have sound most of the time lol.....sewers was giving 1 per kill, now circus is to help compensate for 61 cap :D

Kelstrick
09-13-2011, 07:49 AM
I've enjoyed Nuri's Hallows and give the Devs a solid "B" for their efforts. However, I have two areas for improvement:

1) I'm completely fine with the "heavy hitting" mobs in Nuri's Madness but I'm disappointed that they award no xp. (I don't mind a tough fight, just please reward me for engaging in battle) So, what appears to be an excellent & beautiful map has become nothing but a "mad dash" to the boss, a two minute fight to take her out, then rmk. I don't believe this was the intent when y'all designed the map! If possible, I recommend awarding xp for the mobs (maybe 2x xp since the mobs hit so hard?) to get players to actually "play" this map.

2) I'm disappointed that the "trash" pinks aren't even as good as some of the Lvl 55 gear and that at least for Mages there doesn't appear to be a good Hood/Cowl or Robe/Cloth that isn't a premium pink drop. Honestly, I would have liked to used some of the Nuri Hood/Cowl & Robes/Cloths, but unfortunately with the exception of the premium drops, the majority of them aren't as good as my 55 gear. If possible, I recommend making a "trash" pink Hood/Cowl & Robe/Cloth thats at least at good as the Lvl 55 gear (maybe not for 56 but definitely for level 58 & 60, by then we've paid our dues and should be rewarded with some gear thats affordable and better than 55, especially at 60)

I truly appreciate your efforts and can't wait to see what challenges you have for us in Mt Fang! ;-)

nazgulking
09-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Even if, overall, I like the new campaign I don't like that the yellow and green items are like the ones seen in previous campaigns with just different stats

Tabitha30
09-15-2011, 02:38 AM
No need to post as a thread. Pinks and purps are not recycled though

pastrychef
09-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Overall, I like Nuri's Hallows. The difficulty aspect make it challenging. I like the return of a map with all bosses that was missing in Sewers. I just wish there were more maps.

In my opinion, the glyph gear looks fantastic. Genarally, I believe they are improvements over Sewer gear especially the Glyph Charmin' set. I'd have liked to see the Strongman Glyph or Glyph of Big Top sets to at least be on par with Sewer gear for dodge and heath regen, though. As for the level 61 vanity shield, well, there's an entire thread about it in general discussions...

Drop rates seems to be handled quite well for Glyph pinks. On the other hand, the common pinks are ridiculously too "common". It's reached a point where there were already deemed worthless within days of the Nuri's introduction.

Guilds have worked out very well. I'd like to see some options to spruce up the halls a bit... Currently, the halls can seem quite barren.

However, I have noticed poorer performance in gameplay. On a trip back to sewers, I experienced excessive frame skipping. Virtual joystick skip seems to have improved a bit but still rears its ugly head once in a while. When this happens on an iPad, we end up going in to one of the player's stat screen (usually the 4th or 5th player on the list in the upper left corner) which could result in death. Of course, there's still the issue of the "Join" button.

Thanks for listening and thanks for the hard work.

cynic
09-19-2011, 04:18 AM
after all this time waiting the new maps are very dissapointing, the whole game seems out balance, the gear doesnt look that special and no special ways to kill a boss.
Its obvious sts lets PL die and all focus went over to SL.
Why did we need to wait so long for more of the same, i quited for a few months because there wasnt anything to do for me. When i came back i saw this, i played untill 58 and then it was enough.
In my opinion all effort went to SL, big mistake because i dont like SL and now it dont like PL anymore.
The feedback in this is when you guys wait to long ppl will dissapear like what happend now.
Its a shame because PL was my favorite game.

Citrasena
09-19-2011, 03:46 PM
I like the look of Nuri - levels look great. I agree 'everybody dance now' cracks me up too - great feature. My only downside is that the maps are so laggy it's hard to enjoy it. It's the only map that lags and I have played it a lot now and still no difference. Please fix this.

Fastcast
09-19-2011, 03:55 PM
170 armor for my mage yet i die in 3 hits is that about right? Im using lvl 60 charmin wand set seems new set are bit underpowered for new camp.

Moogerfooger
09-19-2011, 04:07 PM
170 armor for my mage yet i die in 3 hits is that about right? Im using lvl 60 charmin wand set seems new set are bit underpowered for new camp.

Doesn't have anything to do with armor...same thing happens to bears with even more armor, and elixirs. Some of the mobs, especially on the first level but in all levels, have some sort of massive debuff/drain/'gravestoned'/'death shot' combo than can take out anybody. Everyone runs the risk of it storming ahead of the group like we all got used to in Sewers and earlier.

pastrychef
09-20-2011, 01:15 AM
After some further thought, I've come up with a few things that need fixing. First, Snake Charmer. There are times when players are clearly behind pillars and still manage to get killed. This happens far too often and need to be addressed. Second, Nuri's Madness. When activating obelisks and/or mirrors, if someone else already activated it, a pop up appears and doesn't go away unless you press an "OK" button. During this time, enemies continue to attack players and they die. Is it truly necessary to have this pop up?? Can't you just give a notification via chat like when the Lion and Tamer arrive?

Suggestions, how about giving a set bonus to the Glyph Big Top set (which is clearly a better set for "tanking" than the Strongman Glyph set). Also, how about introducing 1H str Glyph swords that look similar to the Glyph daggers. I love the way the daggers look and, in my opinion, wasted on the Glyph daggers alone since most birds usually go for the crossbow. Lastly, since the level cap has been increased, I think it would be nice to offer some higher level rings and/or introduce amulets to better help players handle the new challenges.

Naonagotek
09-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Please use this thread to provide your feedback about the Nuri's Hallows Content.

We ask that feedback be kept constructive and that you only post from your actual play experience, not from what you heard from your brother's friend's cousin. Thanks!

Very good campagin but a little glitchy overall a+ needs more quests

Imsebastiaanl
10-10-2011, 03:17 PM
I think its cool there are 6 different themes, thats what I really like. Sewers was only 1 theme. In next lvl cap, pls make different themes again.

ExperimentNebulaCore
10-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Yup I think big top should be a set too. I mean, it comes in all pieces.... you know, everywhere like strongman.

ghost.mw
10-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Its nice but the hard part that you don't get the crafting items from a quest but you get it just like any other weapon

Skeletonlord
10-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Great new content

tupid
02-04-2012, 05:31 AM
First, Snake Charmer. There are times when players are clearly behind pillars and still manage to get killed. This happens far too often and need to be addressed..... I think it would be nice to offer some higher level rings and/or introduce amulets to better help players handle the new challenges.

The snake charmer hits hard as hell to begin with, better rings would be great, it would make up for the weaknesses of the pinks since ao. Or fix the mage's shield to protect us better, maybe half damage instead of one shot kills. At least with Gurgox we had temp shields that worked alot better than the pillars. Or have him do like the strongman, go to the center to release his wave.