PDA

View Full Version : Devs please its getting really bad !!

King Richie
06-20-2010, 05:03 AM
Dudes archers need a buff up ... we are cannon fodder in PvP .. we will do a little damage but ultimately we die and someone will come in and take the kill ... PLEASE DEVS we need something to make us survive the damage of the Paladins NUKE and the bow bears machinegun ... evade cant cut it anymore with everyone having such hight hit% and with their damage being so high they only have to hit us two or 3 times anyway ..

Pleasssssse

bejibun
06-20-2010, 05:10 AM
lol.. so this is what you're saying in the game that they will nerf mages? I thought you have talked to em :P

King Richie
06-20-2010, 05:16 AM
LoL i was trying to annoy ajeje =) !

Its just one of those days that this game is PISSING ME OFF !!

**** PvP
Stupid teathers on the bosses and mobs in oasis ... you can barely kite them at all??
Sorry devs .. in a bad mood !!

King Richie
06-20-2010, 05:47 AM
WHAT THE HELL .... Oh my god this game is seriously crap today ... Paladins cannot be killed by a pure dex archer even though a pure dex archer should be the character that can make the most amount of damage !!! like come on they can kill me in one unbuffed shot of firestorm !! GRRRRR!!!

Obliteration
06-20-2010, 06:03 AM
What sucks about archers? Ill tell you. Slow cooldowns.

Interim7
06-20-2010, 06:06 AM
But they ARE sexy.

King Richie
06-20-2010, 06:17 AM
Archers are my favourite class .. and i will never be a hybrid and i just feel that the game has turned into (well PvP atleast) a hybrid only game because pure characters Do not stand a chance .. Espically the archer !!

Interim7
06-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Stay pure, man. One day, things will be better.

Trust me.

King Richie
06-20-2010, 06:29 AM
I know and i hope so much for that day but it just really annoying .... they need to weaken everyone again in PvP as in lower the damage cap as everyone can crit to high .. ESPECALLY paladins

Then they need to give the archer some way to stand up against those other classes

And finally archers need faster Cooldowns .. cause archers may as well be taken out of this game ... as there is NO need for them right now !

Interim7
06-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Besides, of course, being sexy.

I'm sure class balance will come later. It generally does -- remember, PL is in a infantile state. It's nothing like what it will become, even six months from now.

King Richie
06-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Dude i no i have been here from the very start since 1.0 i no how basic the game was !! it has advanced so much compared to 1.0 !!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs043.snc3/13067_101430633217880_100000528326295_36872_524243 6_n.jpg

Interim7
06-20-2010, 07:09 AM
There you go -- we have hope, and now we have it reignited somewhat.

Swoe
06-20-2010, 08:27 AM
I've found on my archer that paladins are hard but not impossible. You are going to get slaughtered if you try to go toe to toe with a buffed enchantress. You can't kite bosses anymore but you can still kite in pvp, and paladins need to get close to you to do any kind of damage. Just keep using thorn root and repulse shot, or use the terain to avoid line of sight until their buffs expire, after that buff yourself, root apply debuffs and you can easily one shot an enchantress without buffs.

Edit: as for bow bears not much you can do they are a pretty hard counter. And I actually think archers have it best in terms of cooldown times on the main buffs.

Kingofthebear
06-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Pvp needs refinement, but the answer is not to keep boosting one class after the other. If birds get boosted to counter Pallys, then Bears will complain, then they'll be made indestructible, etc, etc

Barbamitsos
06-20-2010, 10:47 AM
I've found on my archer that paladins are hard but not impossible. You are going to get slaughtered if you try to go toe to toe with a buffed enchantress. You can't kite bosses anymore but you can still kite in pvp, and paladins need to get close to you to do any kind of damage. Just keep using thorn root and repulse shot, or use the terain to avoid line of sight until their buffs expire, after that buff yourself, root apply debuffs and you can easily one shot an enchantress without buffs.

Edit: as for bow bears not much you can do they are a pretty hard counter. And I actually think archers have it best in terms of cooldown times on the main buffs.

Sry for tellin u but with mrsbanana i kill archers from
big range

TrogZ
06-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Besides, of course, being sexy.

I'm sure class balance will come later. It generally does -- remember, PL is in a infantile state. It's nothing like what it will become, even six months from now.

I agree completely. Good things will come to those who wait Richie.

flaimdude
06-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Mages, ftw. :)

Azrael
06-21-2010, 08:44 PM
str/dex warrior and enchantress are the only viable class builds. Pvp is now based only on thoth gear with a bit of zombie/dodge or 2h mixed in.

Expansion 2 of Oasis will be released, new gear will change which class is king, and players to spend plat force respecs. Also forces players to level multuple characters.

The revised blue print already came out and they didnt even include pvp in it. The pvp system is a joke and its gonna stay like that for a long time. It will never improve until hybrids are removed in favor of seperate classes. Its impossible to release armor that can be worn by multiple classes and create balance. Did you see mages in plate gear with shields in WOW? No you didn't. Everyone who argues in favor of hybrids either doesn't play PvP or has this diluted idea that the devs are suddenly going to figure out how to create balance with the current system, which, strait up, has a minute chance of happening.

Birds are gonna stay bottom of the barrel, cause any item you give a bird, the ursan and elves use better. However if you buff bird skills, then the birds will beat everyone else with 2h or Wand. Yall wanted hybrids, dont complain when the result is an pvp sysyem that is impossible to fix. I didn't even get started with all the damage mitigation and dodge/crit problems either, or the cooldown dynamic problems.

Splurd
06-21-2010, 09:36 PM
lol.

I recall from the time before pvp came out, everyone was speculating about how the pvp would go, and I could clearly see how a bow bear will totally destroy a bow bird. Which is why I made a bow bear and a bow bear guide.

Simply put, the only thing that makes archers good is the weapon, the bow. Take away the bow, and you are left with a class with quite mundane skills. O great, focus and evade. Blast shot is not worth mentioning since it does not do significant single target damage, rather it is better for hitting multiple targets.

The other classes have far better skills.

So we simply took what was good about the archer (their bow) and gave it to the other classes (bear) and got a overpowered character.

Archers are in NO WAY the kings of ranged dps.

Cascade
06-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Splurd! Your back! :D wb. And I agree bow bears are pretty much the master if dex.

Interim7
06-22-2010, 01:57 AM
And yet, they really shouldn't be.

Splurd
06-22-2010, 05:50 AM
And yet, they really shouldn't be.

What they should and should not be does not distract from the fact of what they are.

Bow bears are Awesome.

Archers are... well... erm...

Interim7
06-22-2010, 06:57 AM
What they should and should not be does not distract from the fact of what they are.

Bow bears are Awesome.

And facts, sir, should not distract us from what should be, or the ways by which what should not be can be remediated!

King Richie
06-22-2010, 07:00 AM
I just hope archers arent alway this sh-it .. cause i have no urge to play this game as any other character and if they do continue to be thiis **** i quit !!

Azrael
06-22-2010, 11:56 AM

Bow bears are Awesome.

Yea, and even the bowbears are taking a beating from Str primary /dex secondary warriors and palis.

Cascade
06-22-2010, 12:00 PM
I agree with KingRichie archers should freaking own everyone else because they have range and stuff but its not like that hybrids own the game pretty much now and its getting stupid!

Banned
06-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Yea, and even the bowbears are taking a beating from Str primary /dex secondary warriors and palis.

Exactly, I haven't seen many bowbears in PvP for a while now. Telven and Smoke seem to be the remaining ones. Int Bears are even gaining some popularity.

Cascade
06-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Pshh...let us be famous for being the remaining pures...

smokester
06-22-2010, 12:14 PM
im gonna keep my bowbear and my archer (pure dex) even though i get beat down easily by str/dex warriors, int warriors, and of course pallys but im waiting for what part two equipment is gonna be... the balance shifts with what sort of equipment is put out... and it prob/should shift again i hope when part two comes out but im doubting it at this point... so i start complaining then lol

Royce
06-22-2010, 01:07 PM
I agree with KingRichie archers should freaking own everyone else because they have range and stuff

Uhhh... No they shouldn't and stuff. I think equality is the goal, not making your favorite class dominant.

King Richie
06-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Archers shouldnt own but they should be the class that can do the most damage in the most ammount of time .. like i dont mind how fast we die but we cant kill !!

Kingofthebear
06-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Archers should own if their build is good. Bears should own if their build is good. Mages should own if their build is good.

Azrael
06-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Archers should own if their build is good. Bears should own if their build is good. Mages should own if their build is good.

Thats... like... deeeep man. Groovy

Kingofthebear
06-22-2010, 11:07 PM
haha peace and love my brother

Pvp King
06-24-2010, 05:50 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3724-Reasons-for-not-changeing-PVP.-Devs-please-check-this-out