PDA

View Full Version : Scimitars versus Clubs: 1H Weapons in Nuri's Hallows.

Ellyidol
09-02-2011, 09:09 AM
After the release of Nuri's Hallows (NH), I also checked for as many 1H weapons I could find, pink ones at least.

There are currently two types of 1H Weapons:

1. Scimitars

2. Clubs

I just want to point out, that like the previous Fury Axe versus Fury Sword on skill damage, the Scimitars give higher skill damage despite having lower weapon damage than Clubs. BUT BUT BUT, it doesn't end there.

Thanks to Elar earlier for lending me his 56 Strongman's Tamin' Club as I compared it to my 60 Tamer's Scimitar of the Big Top.

Weapon damages are :

Club : 153-172, average is 162.5
Scimitar : 127-134, average is 130.0

Weapon damage difference is already an average of 32 damage, 56 Club has 32 more average weapon damage than a 60 Scimitar.

However, the skill difference is only 4 skill damage per skill. Meaning in this case, my Scimitar only had 4 more skill damage per skill than Elar's Club. Negligible amount versus the 32 more damage on your normal attacks, in my opinion.

In conclusion, in terms of damage, Scimitars have a small skill damage advantage over Clubs, but Clubs have a huge advantage in weapon damage (normal attack damage) over Scimitars. Therefore, in my opinion, in this NH campaign, Clubs > Scimitars for damage dealing capabilities. This, however, doesn't know of any advantages a Scimitar may have if it completes a set bonus while the Clubs do not. But for now, I would have to say, Clubs > Scimitars.

I hope it makes sense and it helps you decide, as it made me aim for good Club weapons as well. Please let me know if you have other observations and comments!

Thanks.

Survivorfan
09-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Thank you for clearing this up, I'm not anywhere near farming for some items but this will help for when I do get there. I wonder which pieces, if any, complete the set bonus O.o

Caninusi
09-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks, I was wondering about that yesterday.

Im hoping u make some nuri guides before i go back to the campaign. :) Just gonna lvl bird and mage in the meantime.

drewcapu
09-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Glyph Mace is 1H also.

I haven't had a chance to look at gear stats yet, but I really hope one of the 2H str weapons is actually worth using, at least for bosses.

Ellyidol
09-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Thank you for clearing this up, I'm not anywhere near farming for some items but this will help for when I do get there. I wonder which pieces, if any, complete the set bonus O.o

Strongman's set is the only str set so far. Glyph Strongman's to be specific.

Thanks, I was wondering about that yesterday.

Im hoping u make some nuri guides before i go back to the campaign. :) Just gonna lvl bird and mage in the meantime.

I don't think there's much to give info on for Nuri's other than the gear, so maybe gear only :)

Glyph Mace is 1H also.

I haven't had a chance to look at gear stats yet, but I really hope one of the 2H str weapons is actually worth using, at least for bosses.

Glyph 1H Mace is definitely the best. There's no Glyph 1H Sword, so no choice anyway, but a 60 Glyph Mace skill damage = 60 Scimitar skill damage, so a Glyph Mace has +150 base damage over the scimitar :D

Formora
09-04-2011, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the mention :) Glad I could help.

It's a shame there aren't any Glyph Scimitars around though. I wonder what Mt. Fang will bring us... ;)

Edit : Also forgot to congratulate you on 61.

Congrats!!

Duped
09-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks Elly and I had done a little test myself that brought me to the same conclusion. One thing I LOVE about the new gear is that we finally have STR gear with good dps again! Soooo nice. When I do need to don the club, it really keeps me from feeling guilty about it.

Cahaun
09-07-2011, 05:19 PM
The new armor promotes critical damage :p

Ellyidol
09-07-2011, 05:21 PM
The new armor promotes critical damage :p

How so? Neither of the glyph pink sets have crit in them for str.