PDA

View Full Version : Are you awesome at tanking Guardian?

shannong
09-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Are you great at grabbing Guardian's initial aggro and then holding his attention throughout the entire fight, even when there are other commandos in the group? I've seen commos who could do this consistently, but even they weren't sure why.

If you have tanking success like this vs Guardian, can you share your build and technique and ideas why you think you're successful at tanking? As an engy and especially as an operator, I really appreciate a strong tank, so as I develop my own commando I want to return the favor to the engis and ops in my groups.

Zaltiar
09-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Itd pretty easy once you get the hang of it,
Just get the first aggro, or tell your teammates to wait. Pull guardian to the far back and stick as close to the wall as you can.
This is so that u dont get interrupted by other mobs and you dont fling away when he does his big hits. Thats the part where the
other teammates get aggroed by the guardian. Tell your ops to make him dance once in a while, and enjoy the show.

Numb
09-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Pretty much what he said. I like to keep a taunt off cd at all times incase, lvl1 hammer ftw.

shannong
09-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Been paying close attention now over a few Guardian runs, and I can see that a single taunt skill such as Neutron Stomp will instantly direct the Guardian's aggro at you. Period. End of story. If you're losing aggro after that point, it's because another commando has used a taunt skill, or else you're not at the cliff edge and therefore the guardian is pushing the person he was aggroed against away, and therefore resetting his hate table. If you need to regen some health or otherwise recover during a Guardian fight, just don't use any taunt skills and he won't be interested in you.