PDA

View Full Version : Correcting Change to Blizzard Stick Wand

Samhayne
09-02-2011, 02:09 PM
In a recent update to Pocket Legends, the overall speed of the Blizzard Stick Wand was reduced, therefore reducing it's overall DPS.

We wanted to let you know that this change was an oversight and in a coming update, it's damage will be increased accordingly to bring it's DPS back up to what it should be. Our apologies for anyone affected by this item change and our thanks in advance for your understanding.

drewcapu
09-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I have a feeling that nobody even noticed :)

Swimmingstar
09-02-2011, 02:47 PM
me too ^^^

EDIT: I don't think many people care about blizzard sticks. That's a good catch though.

Whirlzap
09-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Hey, my little Blizzard Stick has been ranting about losing power for quite a few days.
But hey, thanks to the new patch we can all go around 1-hitting our merry way to level 61.

mexicanpixels
09-02-2011, 07:32 PM
I noticed I'm level 50 a two hand has higher dps I don't like that :(

mexicanpixels
09-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Omfg if its patched already the blizzard sucks no more for me its a low dps weapon now..... You guys killed my favorite weapon in game :(

skavenger216
09-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Omfg if its patched already the blizzard sucks no more for me its a low dps weapon now..... You guys killed my favorite weapon in game :(

First off, don't double post, use your edit post button. Secondly, samhayne said, very clearly imo, in his post that in an upcoming patch the blizzard sticks DPS will be brought back to what it should be. Calm down, no one "killed" your favorite weapon, maybe just crippled it for a few days :)

Otukura
09-02-2011, 09:52 PM

How do you kill a dead weapon? :o

Blind
09-03-2011, 02:51 AM
Yes! The rise of the Sacred BLIZZARD STICK!! YAY!

Wilddar
09-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Keep up the good work Spacetime!

KTpantyhose
09-03-2011, 08:06 PM

agreed! now us mage's have no super fast weapon. which i frankly don't think is fair. because axes & swords are like 0.4.. when ours is 1.0 + why did you guys change it?????

blueberrykush
09-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Lol. Blizzard sticks. ^_^

Navygreen
09-06-2011, 12:57 PM
agreed! now us mage's have no super fast weapon. which i frankly don't think is fair. because axes & swords are like 0.4.. when ours is 1.0 + why did you guys change it?????

Are you guys reading what Sam said or am I imagining his post?

:/

Flickz
09-06-2011, 01:13 PM

agreed! now us mage's have no super fast weapon. which i frankly don't think is fair. because axes & swords are like 0.4.. when ours is 1.0 + why did you guys change it????? what axes and swords have .4 speed? Thats dagger speed lol

Spekticle
09-06-2011, 06:55 PM
what axes and swords have .4 speed? Thats dagger speed lol

Its the thought that counts.

Moogerfooger
09-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Blizz Stick = preferred wand of choice (in the past, not post-this upcoming patch) for those who prefer (inferior skill damage x high speed but horrifically bad base damage)/2 pixie stix = noisy wand that does almost no damage at high levels :)

bronislav84
09-06-2011, 07:46 PM
As far as I know it's a very popular Int Bear weapon, since they want the DPS and their skill damage isn't as affected by weapon as Mages. They don't use skills as much as a regulate bear, and deal damage almost entirely on auto attack so it needs to be high DPS. Maybe Int Bird, too. I just know I talked to a Int Bear player and this is what he told me.

Moogerfooger
09-06-2011, 07:57 PM
That may be true for Int Bears about their skills, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's extremely low base/auto damage is not enough to significantly overwhelm most lvl 50+ armor in PvP, nor the Balefort enemies with 120ish armor, and Nuri enemies (although I don't think the armor value of Nuri mobs has been figured out yet).

DPS is theoretical damage against air/no armor, and some people don't realize it. Yes, you can eventually wear someone out with a lot of low damage hits, and it does have a freeze proc, but I have never heard of any very experienced player preferring a Blizz Stick over other available 50+ wands in PvP or PvE.

If this patch raises the base damage a fair amount, like they did for the Glyph Daggers, then it will be a whole new ballgame of course.

WhoIsThis
09-07-2011, 12:23 AM
As far as I know it's a very popular Int Bear weapon, since they want the DPS and their skill damage isn't as affected by weapon as Mages. They don't use skills as much as a regulate bear, and deal damage almost entirely on auto attack so it needs to be high DPS. Maybe Int Bird, too. I just know I talked to a Int Bear player and this is what he told me.

Interesting.

I have never heard of int bears finding blizzard sticks so popular. The preferred set for int bear used to be enchanted gem blast staff due to the AOE. Some firm int bear fans considered it to be superior to custom dex bears. They relied heavily on skill damage, especially from stomp. The AOE combined with the high skilled damage were quite effective. Furthermore, survivability was not adversely affected. By mage standards, protection of enchanted was excellent, and the health regeneration would have been helpful to bears. Finally, the low mana regen on the staff is no real flaw for bears which do not have the high mana requirements that int mages (who almost entirely depend on their spells for damage) do.

Strictly from a theoretical standpoint, a blizzard stick is quite possibly the worst int weapon that a int bear could use (truth be told, it is one of the worse mage weapons too). It does not offer a high damage effective damage output against armored targets and bears do not have anything nearly as effective as "break armor". The weapon does not add very high skill damage, so the slashes and stomp would be reduced in effectiveness. There are also no advantages to survivability that I can see. I don't see any real benefits in a high DPS weapon for an int bear.

sticky420
09-14-2011, 08:46 PM
I used a blizzard stick until this change and am a lv 53. I n my opinion the best mage wand was taken away and now the mage has only 1 weapon in the game under 1.0 in speed. I understand birds r sposed to b speedy and have lots of under 1.0 but even the slow powerful bears have more weapons under 1.0 in speed. And as for the blizzard stick losing power against higher lv BS monsters and bosses its just not true. I ran many sewer runs with every lv 53 wand there is and the blizzard stick hit better. I don't like this change at all but sure noone cares. I stopped playing this game for over 2to months because of bad changes to this game and here's another. I was told that the change was made because the blizzard stick fired to fast and it made it not look right and made the game wonkey, I think. But wouldn't other weld and even fast weld do the same???? If that's the case change them all to 1.0 in speed. Then let's see how people feel.

Zapoke
09-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Honestly people... The blizard stick isn't good.. In PvP it's lucky to hit over 30's. It's like using a talon for int... Without rage. It decreases skill damage, and greatly decreases auto damage. The best 50 (int)weapon for it's price is the keeper staff, honestly.. The best wand is probably shadow glow stick.

Zerious
09-21-2011, 11:30 PM
lets use this comparison:
theoretically speaking:

wand with 50 damage every .5 seconds = 100 dps
wand with 100 damage every second = 100 dps

now add armor to the equation:

wand with 50 damage - enemy armor of 20 = 30 damage every .5 seconds = 60 dps
wand with 100 damage - enemy armor of 20 = 80 damage every second = 80 dps

That's why the blizzard stick sucks. It's fun to use in lower level dungeons, but not even decent for pvp or endgame dungeons at all compared to your other options. Laser wand of cosmos, even level 51 BS oranges are better in damage. Blizzard stick is a ranged dagger; totally garbage. I would know, I used one till i could afford a glowstick.

protectorofnoobs
09-22-2011, 08:36 PM
did you guys realize that theyre making it slower and making the damage bigger so that it does get better dps
so people will CARE about it probably (unless they add like 10 dmg)

MoarPewPew
09-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Blizzard stick wand < Goodie bag vanity shield.

I bet you know what I rather have changed. :)