PDA

View Full Version : How I didn't get my platinum, do NOT do the same.

Ellyidol
09-02-2011, 11:43 PM
I've sent the ticket to support, so this isn't to get my case out, I know what caused it though.

I wanted to buy the 800 package plat offer, $52 AU.

I was on my phone, on 3G, so not as quick as wifi. I opened the plat store, clicked the 800 plat option, waited for about 30 seconds but nothing happened. I decided I'd do it later. A minute or so though, that option of 'Do you really want to buy X Platinum for X$?' popped up, so I clicked yes. Typed iTunes password. The 'Thank you' message came out indicating my purchase was complete.

I didn't get my plat and the iTunes credit was taken.

I suspect it was because I was 'outside' of the plat store option when I confirmed that I was going to buy it, because just as that happened I tried purchasing an 80 plat package on wifi, waited for it to confirm in the plat store, and I got it instantly.

Just a tip for those who want to buy plat! :)

Nick41324
09-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Same thing happened with those free offers.
EDIT: yea, I just read the first paragraph and it said he never got it. I didn't read it all

Otukura
09-02-2011, 11:57 PM
You might just want to email support

If you read the post, he's done that. He's trying to warn the community how to avoid this problem.

Riccits
09-03-2011, 05:56 AM
I've sent the ticket to support, so this isn't to get my case out, I know what caused it though.

I wanted to buy the 800 package plat offer, $52 AU.

I was on my phone, on 3G, so not as quick as wifi. I opened the plat store, clicked the 800 plat option, waited for about 30 seconds but nothing happened. I decided I'd do it later. A minute or so though, that option of 'Do you really want to buy X Platinum for X$?' popped up, so I clicked yes. Typed iTunes password. The 'Thank you' message came out indicating my purchase was complete.

I didn't get my plat and the iTunes credit was taken.

I suspect it was because I was 'outside' of the plat store option when I confirmed that I was going to buy it, because just as that happened I tried purchasing an 80 plat package on wifi, waited for it to confirm in the plat store, and I got it instantly.

Just a tip for those who want to buy plat! :)

same here. i tapped on plat package and nothing happens for a while. after some time it come the option. i did click no. i tried some more and it was faster after and it worked. but its scary... :/