PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Died :(

Sayishere
06-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Its a sad day, after 3 years of solid use my ps3 has died, R.I.P.

The god damn yellow light of death heh, no way in hell would i want a phat ps3 model ever! honestly i knew eventually the YLOD would come, i was just praying the day would never come

Im still thinking whether to get a slim or just a 360, who knows

:(

Cascade
06-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Aww sorry bout that get the slim :)

PvP
06-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Well if you get a 360, let me know. I'll play a game with you some time. I've gotten the red ring of death two or three times on my 360 but every time replaced it without paying a penny except for shipping. Once it was out of warranty too. Anyhow, best of luck in whatever you do.

Rebel
06-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Wow, I didn't even realize that ps3 could get a light of death! Well, same as PvP, if ya get an xbox send me a FR.

KingFu
06-21-2010, 01:17 AM
And everyone says. "Don't buy a 360 they show rings of death" When PS3's do too! Sorry for your loss BTW. He probably had a good life with all those sexy games in his disk drive. *wink wink* LOL, no but really that sucks! :/

KingFu
06-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Its a sad day, after 3 years of solid use my ps3 has died, R.I.P.

The god damn yellow light of death heh, no way in hell would i want a phat ps3 model ever! honestly i knew eventually the YLOD would come, i was just praying the day would never come

Im still thinking whether to get a slim or just a 360, who knows

:(

P.S. get the new 360! With Wi-Fi. It is so beast!

Elfche
06-21-2010, 01:54 AM
R.I.P. poor thing :P

Violentsaint
06-24-2010, 01:57 AM
P.S. get the new 360! With Wi-Fi. It is so beast!

what exacly is so beast about the new 360? besides wifi that u can get a wifi attachment for old 360s

Sayishere
06-24-2010, 07:52 AM
And everyone says. "Don't buy a 360 they show rings of death" When PS3's do too! Sorry for your loss BTW. He probably had a good life with all those sexy games in his disk drive. *wink wink* LOL, no but really that sucks! :/

the failrue rate of a launch 360 is much much higher than the ps3, that being said **** sony AND microsoft, its ridculous that in this day and age, a piec eof kit above £200 or $400 dollars can malfunction like this

my old megadrive never died, i still have it now and it still works, its stupid

i owned a 360 as my first console (bought it on launch) it died two times due to RROD ( was within warranty so i got a free replacement) had enough of microsoft so i went o sony and the ps3

now thats died on me (although lasted me a good 3 years) but thats no excuse

sony expect me to pay £130 $260 for a REFURB MODEL, no way in hell would i go this route

i have fixed my ps3 (well kind of, its working, not sure for how long) just backed up my saved games (THANK ****, i would actually be so pissed if i lost my red dead redemption saved game) and now i plan to sell it and get a slim, the 2103a model, the one with better cooling (or so i read) hopefully this has much less chance for a yellow light

its a pain, the customer service for both microsoft and sony is not very good

its a shame

Violentsaint
06-24-2010, 07:55 AM
the failrue rate of a launch 360 is much much higher than the ps3, that being said **** sony and microsoft, its ridculous that in this day and age, a piec eof kit above £200 or $400 dollars can malfunction like this

my old megadrive never died, i still have it now and it still works, its stupid

i owned a 360 as my first console (bought it on launch) it died two times due to rrod ( was within warranty so i got a free replacement) had enough of microsoft so i went o sony and the ps3

now thats died on me (although lasted me a good 3 years) but thats no excuse

sony expect me to pay £130 $260 for a refurb model, no way in hell would i go this route

i have fixed my ps3 (well kind of, its working, not sure for how long) just backed up my saved games (thank ****, i would actually be so pissed if i lost my red dead redemption saved game) and now i plan to sell it and get a slim, the 2103a model, the one with better cooling (or so i read) hopefully this has much less chance for a yellow light

its a pain, the customer service for both microsoft and sony is not very good

its a shame

apple ftw ^^

Cascade
06-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah I know if you buy something for 400 bucks you expect it to last ALTLEST 10 years.

Druc
06-24-2010, 12:19 PM
This sounds like a job for....

SAD TROMBONE!!! (http://sadtrombone.com/)

Violentsaint
06-25-2010, 08:49 PM
This sounds like a job for....

SAD TROMBONE!!! (http://sadtrombone.com/)

lol 12 million times the sad trombones been used, thats just sad... haha