PDA

View Full Version : Guilds

ZHEOTARE
09-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Please explain to me the purpose of a guild?? I hear the main purpose is to help each other out. If I'm friends with you, I already do.

Second, what are the benefits. The only one that I have knowledge of, the rule is if you are farming with the guild leader, you must give him all your pink drops. How does that help the member out?? You get a million gold when you get kicked out. But is that really worth it when the member just gave them a 2m pink?? Oh, and they were broke before the million was given. And the guild leader made a trade with the member that clearly benefited the leader.

I'm not knocking any guilds (except the one I mentioned above), I'm just wondering if this is the norm. I've been invited to be in one, but not really understanding the benefits.

TANKKAAR
09-03-2011, 02:15 PM
That is not the case with all guilds..... for example COT will never charge a membership fee! I think its actually obsurd to hear of members paying to be part of a guild which is suppose to stand for camaraderie and companionship. Long story short a guild is a name which stands for a belief that everyone in the guild stands behind. A guild IMO is defined by its players and their actions and nothing more.....

Talk to me IG about COT :)

Air
09-03-2011, 02:15 PM
The only one that I have knowledge of, the rule is if you are farming with the guild leader, you must give him all your pink drops. How does that help the member out??
man what guild have you been in..
You are right if you're already a friend doing a run that is also helping out without being in a guild. But i guess players just want to be known. Every guild has a different purpose whether it be farming or arena/ctf pvp or a social guild. The part where you mention giving gold to leader, i recommend leaving that guild. I never pay anything to join my guild in SL or have to give them any good drops that i found. Benefits of a guild is probably guild hall, get discount pots, and guild chat :D

Wilddar
09-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Yea,

that is wrong guilds should benefit everyone in that guild not just certain people.

Siejo
09-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Wow that sounds like a rough guild. I don't charge memberships nor demand pinks. This is the same for when we help clients. The devs have said the guild structure will be similar to that of Star Legends.

Here is the overview from the Star Legends forum: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30656-Guilds-Overview

Wilddar
09-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Siejo,

That's how a guild should be, is what you described. :)

ZHEOTARE
09-03-2011, 08:06 PM
But explain the benefits. This might sound selfish, and I don't mean it to, but what's in it for the member?

I will check out the link in a few. If the information is in there, accept my apologies.

TANKKAAR
09-03-2011, 08:40 PM
That is not the case with all guilds..... for example COT will never charge a membership fee! I think its actually obsurd to hear of members paying to be part of a guild which is suppose to stand for camaraderie and companionship. Long story short a guild is a name which stands for a belief that everyone in the guild stands behind. A guild IMO is defined by its players and their actions and nothing more.....

Talk to me IG about COT :)

man what guild have you been in..
You are right if you're already a friend doing a run that is also helping out without being in a guild. But i guess players just want to be known. Every guild has a different purpose whether it be farming or arena/ctf pvp or a social guild. The part where you mention giving gold to leader, i recommend leaving that guild. I never pay anything to join my guild in SL or have to give them any good drops that i found. Benefits of a guild is probably guild hall, get discount pots, and guild chat :D

Wow that sounds like a rough guild. I don't charge memberships nor demand pinks. This is the same for when we help clients. The devs have said the guild structure will be similar to that of Star Legends.

Here is the overview from the Star Legends forum: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30656-Guilds-Overview

Honestly when it comes down to it people join for all these reasons and more :) could be the farming, friends, pvp, guild wars, discounted elixers & potions, or just the fact that they want to belong to something bigger then themselves. The truth is there are many benefits to being in a guild, its just a matter of what means most to you. I can also say its not for everyone and no one can make you join if you dont want to :) but just because you join one guild doesnt mean u have to play with just them and if that along with other ridiculous demands seem to be within the guilds mantra then you have chosen wrongly.
I hope this helps!

-Tankkaar

Whirlzap
09-05-2011, 07:52 AM
I know what guild he talks about but no names to mention please.
Guilds have been part of Pocket Legends for a long time.
Even a year before the feature was said to be released, AEO and Brotherhood have been around.
Guilds are basically friends who want to be more than friends and buddies, etc.
There are some guilds that go as far as giving each class drop to each right class.
Dex armor goes to bird, str goes to bears, etc.

Wilddar
09-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Overall I believe guilds are a fun thing to be apart of, you make new friends, you learn from one another, and you get to share your pocket legends adventure with everyone in your guild.

thequickone
09-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Honestly, the guild that requires the member surrender their pinks (if that would ever really happen!) is the one that gives guilds in general a bad reputation. I sincerely hope such behavior is not going on, but if so, please know that is not the norm.

Here's what guilds have meant to me (in no particular order):
1. Being a member of a guild stops most of the guild-invite spammers from spamming me directly.
2. Provides a bit of an in-game forum via guild chat and the guild hall. This can be used to share information/secrets, train new players, or organize guild runs and events.
3. Provides a sense of organized in-game togetherness and belonging. Some players need/like the well defined system, others do not.
4. Cool guild names are fun. Unfortunately, the converse is also true...

Just a few thoughts...

Also, many of GMs and Officers I come across are working very hard to make their guilds and by extension, the game, a better and more positive experience for all. With all the potential for bad out there, every bit of that effort helps!

Wilddar
09-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Great explanation, thequickone! :)

Lucilulu
09-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I know what guild he talks about but no names to mention please.
Guilds have been part of Pocket Legends for a long time.
Even a year before the feature was said to be released, AEO and Brotherhood have been around.
Guilds are basically friends who want to be more than friends and buddies, etc.
There are some guilds that go as far as giving each class drop to each right class.
Dex armor goes to bird, str goes to bears, etc.

Giving all the drops to guild leader is absurd. I know we help each other out and will give drops, pots , gold, combos and various other things to each other as needed. We help each other out that's why we exist. Why else would you be a guild?

StompArtist
09-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Guild Rules:

All gold and drops go to Stomp.

That is for all known Guilds, your cooperation is appreciated and I hope you understand that serious legal steps will be undertaken in case of non compliance. Thank you.

octavos
09-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Guild Rules:

That is for all known Guilds, your cooperation is appreciated and I hope you understand that serious legal steps will be undertaken in case of non compliance. Thank you.

hahahahahaha

Econodeath
09-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Guild Rules:

Now that is funny!!!!
Or was it seriously not funny.......

Still funny either way!!!!!

TY for the laugh