PDA

View Full Version : No 'Glyph of the Big Top' set bonus?

Ellyidol
09-03-2011, 07:17 PM
I just completed it,

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/bryantioliu/d7d5d9f5.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/bryantioliu/4fdc3734.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/bryantioliu/1e800573.jpg
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/bryantioliu/244dd1c8.jpg

But I'm not sparkling. Is this a bug? Not implemented yet?

I'm disappointed because I think the Big Top series is a better choice for a bear than Strongman's (which is a confirmed set, Alwaysdtf has one).

Would love for a dev to confirm, yes or no, or not yet. Spent my last few days farming for this (thanks to a few awesome friends for great deals), so it'd be a big bummer if it won't work.

Otukura
09-03-2011, 07:19 PM
:/

And there go the prices. Plunk.

Ellyidol
09-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm not hopeless yet, I believe this is a bug (until dev can confirm it's not). I'm refusing to believe that the best set intended for bears has no set :(

RedRyder
09-03-2011, 08:04 PM
There was a bug with the dex items requiring int so I'm sure it's just that, a bug :p

Ellyidol
09-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Spoke to some people, apparently only one of the two Glyph sets is a true set.

I don't think this is the Str set then, it's the Strongman's.

I honestly think that the Big Top set should be the str set.

What Big Top has versus Strongman's:

+1 Dodge, +3 Hit, -4 Damage, -2 Armour - Per Piece.

To a bear, of course the Big Top is more attractive.

+4 Dodge, +12 Hit, -16 Damage, -2 Armour is a huge gain, IMO. 12 Hit? That's awesome!

But unless bears get the short-end again, and the str set is focused on other classes (Fury - Paladin, now Strongman - Paladin), I'd have to say I'm really disappointed, almost discouraged.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong or my point is biased, but I strongly believe that this should be the ​str set.

Edit: Thanks dtf for showing his set and stats, this is what the Strongman's set does versus mine: (DTF/Me)

DTF on left, My set on right.

His set has roughly 21 more damage than mine, but I have 10-12% more hit (depending on ring).
He has 15 armour on me, but I have more dodge than him (for a bear, dodge > armour).

These are my main two factors on choosing this set as a bear. Dodge and Hit > Armour and Damage, no offense DTF.

KhaosAngel
09-03-2011, 08:42 PM
I second the approval for Big Top set- Mace with rotating hologram of glyph and Sparkles=WIN!!:highly_amused:

Otukura
09-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Wait... there's Nuri's and Charmin' for int, we know Charmin' works. If Nuri's also works would we be able to safely assume this is a bug? Just like Mimicry and Obedience for archers. If both work, I'm going with bug.

Ellyidol
09-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Wait... there's Nuri's and Charmin' for int, we know Charmin' works. If Nuri's also works would we be able to safely assume this is a bug? Just like Mimicry and Obedience for archers. If both work, I'm going with bug.

I heard Nuri's isn't. For the dex, haven't come across any info.

Otukura
09-03-2011, 08:54 PM

Was just about to edit that with second thoughts :p

Since there are extras for all of them, why not give every class another set?

Ellyidol
09-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Was just about to edit that with second thoughts :p

Since there are extras for all of them, why not give every class another set?

I was also assuming there would be two.

CrimsonTider
09-03-2011, 09:09 PM
I agree Elly: Hit/dodge > dmg/armor. Would love to see this set with the bonuses. I hate not being able to play!

Ellyidol
09-03-2011, 09:10 PM
I agree Elly: Hit/dodge > dmg/armor. Would love to see this set with the bonuses. I hate not being able to play!

Why not bro?

CrimsonTider
09-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Labor day weekend here in the U.S. My wonderful wife got me tickets to two concerts and ticketa to an Alabama football game (the college my IGN originates from... Alabama Crimson Tide.) I'll catch up in a couple of days, maybe tomorrow a little if the rain comes from this tropical storm.

The break is good cause I am learning about the levels and new gear which will help when I'm back.

Ellyidol
09-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Labor day weekend here in the U.S. My wonderful wife got me tickets to two concerts and ticketa to an Alabama football game (the college my IGN originates from... Alabama Crimson Tide.) I'll catch up in a couple of days, maybe tomorrow a little if the rain comes from this tropical storm.

The break is good cause I am learning about the levels and new gear which will help when I'm back.

Sounds good! Be sure to let me know when you're back :D Have fun!

CrimsonTider
09-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Will do bro! I was kinda bummed first day with the gear but now that it is all coming together, I'm more anxious to get back. And we still have Mt. Fang waiting for us!

TANKKAAR
09-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Still ... Set bonus or not it looks pretty comparable as for stats, I still choose this set for Tank, bug or not :) and if I may say so.... it looks just plain badass!

Edit: also hit% should go well over 100% after they fix the int bug and those points can all be distributed into dex :banana:

Ellyidol
09-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Still ... Set bonus or not it looks pretty comparable as for stats, I still choose this set for Tank, bug or not :) and if I may say so.... it looks just plain badass!

So will I, I'm just disappointed more than anything.

Now I fully know how the Expectancy Theory I just learnt in school works :D

TANKKAAR
09-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Spoke to some people, apparently only one of the two Glyph sets is a true set.

I don't think this is the Str set then, it's the Strongman's.

I honestly think that the Big Top set should be the str set.

What Big Top has versus Strongman's:

+1 Dodge, +3 Hit, -4 Damage, -2 Armour - Per Piece.

To a bear, of course the Big Top is more attractive.

+4 Dodge, +12 Hit, -16 Damage, -2 Armour is a huge gain, IMO. 12 Hit? That's awesome!

But unless bears get the short-end again, and the str set is focused on other classes (Fury - Paladin, now Strongman - Paladin), I'd have to say I'm really disappointed, almost discouraged.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong or my point is biased, but I strongly believe that this should be the ​str set.

Edit: Thanks dtf for showing his set and stats, this is what the Strongman's set does versus mine: (DTF/Me)

DTF on left, My set on right.

His set has roughly 21 more damage than mine, but I have 10-12% more hit (depending on ring).
He has 15 armour on me, but I have more dodge than him (for a bear, dodge > armour).

These are my main two factors on choosing this set as a bear. Dodge and Hit > Armour and Damage, no offense DTF.

Here are fortified stats for those of you who want to see the difference :)
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/SC20110413-020012-1-1.jpg

Matutd
09-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Bluberrykushh had full lvl 56 glyph dex set of mimicry and no set bonus, but I don't knownif that's because it was lvl 56 or not

Otukura
09-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Godofra has dex sparklez.

Ellyidol
09-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Godofra has dex sparklez.

Yeah Mysticaldream found the pattern to know set bonuses.

If a gear is +20 stat, it's the bonus set. If it has +22, it's not.

Big Top is +22, so no set. Strongman's is +20, set. Oh well.

Same with dex and int, btw :)

WhoIsThis
09-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Elly, what is the pattern for the set bonuses then?

Ellyidol
09-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Elly, what is the pattern for the set bonuses then?

Dex - Obedience
Str - Strongman's
Int - Charmin'

Is that what you mean?

WhoIsThis
09-04-2011, 12:58 AM
So only these 3 will trigger a set bonus then - none of the others?

It still seems like the best str set though given str characteristics.

Ellyidol
09-04-2011, 12:59 AM

As far as I know, that's it. :(

Otukura
09-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Hmm. I don't really care about the bonus, tbh. I just want sparkles.

WhoIsThis
09-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Both look like pally-centric sets, especially with their high mana regeneration . A str set would have little mana regeneration and be like fortified, with higher h/s.

WhoIsThis
09-04-2011, 01:03 AM

That's kind of contradictory. :confused:

WhoIsThis
09-04-2011, 01:05 AM

As far as I know, that's it. :(

That's interesting in that they are the equals then of the battle axe in sewers or gem star wand. Comparable stats, just no bonuses.

Ellyidol
09-04-2011, 01:06 AM
Both look like pally-centric sets, especially with their high mana regeneration . A str set would have little mana regeneration and be like fortified, with higher h/s.

Exactly what I think. If they want to make str sets especially for bear, just tweak the MS. 4-5 is plenty for a bear, while for a mage/bird that's barely anything.

1 per piece would be enough, IMO.

WhoIsThis
09-04-2011, 01:09 AM

Exactly what I think. If they want to make str sets especially for bear, just tweak the MS. 4-5 is plenty for a bear, while for a mage/bird that's barely anything.

1 per piece would be enough, IMO.

Maybe put in the suggestions that your set should be tweaked to bear spec? Less mana regeneration, more health regeneration? Pallies don't need 2 sets and str bears need at least one set specialized for them.

Ellyidol
09-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Maybe put in the suggestions that your set should be tweaked to bear spec? Less mana regeneration, more health regeneration? Pallies don't need 2 sets and str bears need at least one set specialized for them.

Will think about it more, busy Monday ahead :p

10k more!

WhoIsThis
09-04-2011, 01:14 AM
The idea is a level 60 version of the Royal Sewer or something along those lines.

That said, reasonably high armour with high dodge AND high health regeneration paired with a hit% buff might make those bears are op claims a reality.

Most threads today about op bears imo don't make sense. If these changes are implemented though, perhaps they will carry some truth.

Ellyidol
09-04-2011, 01:19 AM
The idea is a level 60 version of the Royal Sewer or something along those lines.

That said, reasonably high armour with high dodge AND high health regeneration paired with a hit% buff might make those bears are op claims a reality.

Most threads today about op bears imo don't make sense. If these changes are implemented though, perhaps they will carry some truth.

True. I don't want an OP bear either, just a bear that is actually using a bear set rather than a set meant for others, even if it's supposedly str :p

They're changing the stat req on Tuesday anyway, so we shall see then when I edit in my dex :)

WhoIsThis
09-04-2011, 01:40 AM
I think that once most of the regular PvPers reach 61 and start to re-focus on PvPing, we will know what classes and builds are the "winners" this round.

Ellyidol
09-04-2011, 01:43 AM
I think that once most of the regular PvPers reach 61 and start to re-focus on PvPing, we will know what classes and builds are the "winners" this round.

Agree. 1H weapons alone for strength.. Base damage.. :o

Otukura
09-04-2011, 01:44 AM
Agree. 1H weapons alone for strength.. Base damage.. :o

Not to mention that mace always seems to perma stun me. :/

Ellyidol
09-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Not to mention that mace always seems to perma stun me. :/

Really? Have yet to test the procs and all.

It's only base damage though, skill damage it's equal to scimitar.

drewcapu
09-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF1b1pf9DRY

Jsaieagle
09-04-2011, 03:51 AM
Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF1b1pf9DRY

LMAO!! good job!

Jsaieagle
09-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Yeah Mysticaldream found the pattern to know set bonuses.

If a gear is +20 stat, it's the bonus set. If it has +22, it's not.

Big Top is +22, so no set. Strongman's is +20, set. Oh well.

Same with dex and int, btw :)

Ty Ellyidol and Mysticaldream.

Ellyidol
09-04-2011, 03:54 AM
LOL drew!

I'm hoping for some clarification this Tuesday, when they fix the Glyph Str pieces that currently need Int to equip.

Bakoffmycandy
09-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Grats on the set. I'm hybrid atm. Until the int on Strongmans is fixed. Hopefully the set bonus will be fixed with the helm & shield.

Ellyidol
09-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Grats on the set. I'm hybrid atm. Until the int on Strongmans is fixed. Hopefully the set bonus will be fixed with the helm & shield.

The bonus is there already, it's just the int that's weird :p

Yanis
09-06-2011, 10:24 AM
The bonus is there already, it's just the int that's weird :p

Elly,

I have the int and dex set bonuses, but could you please let me know what the str set bonuses are? Pls post pix on my thread?