PDA

View Full Version : concerning skills

Elgar
09-03-2011, 07:47 PM
What effects skill damage? I notice it scales from the base.Its painfully obvious that it happens independently upgrading the skill, but is there a particular stat? Example-Does any engineer rely on INT to raise skill damage? Thanks in advance.

BodMaster
09-04-2011, 06:19 AM
What effects skill damage? I notice it scales from the base.Its painfully obvious that it happens independently upgrading the skill, but is there a particular stat? Example-Does any engineer rely on INT to raise skill damage? Thanks in advance.

Yes unfortunately the only state worth raising is your own main char specific stat..

Engi - Int
Com - Str
Op - Dex

I see to many new players thinking that they work the same as in PL with even stats through all three but all this is doing is holding them back.. atm no point in using Duel-Stats as this is not how SL was put together.. still makes me think how in the world are.they going to be able to work out PVP as we all have same stats and able to use best gear easily.. will be good to see what the Devs have planned :)

Elgar
09-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Yes unfortunately the only state worth raising is your own main char specific stat..

Engi - Int
Com - Str
Op - Dex

I see to many new players thinking that they work the same as in PL with even stats through all three but all this is doing is holding them back.. atm no point in using Duel-Stats as this is not how SL was put together.. still makes me think how in the world are.they going to be able to work out PVP as we all have same stats and able to use best gear easily.. will be good to see what the Devs have planned :)
You mean dual stats as in more than one? Well anyway, I get your rant but my question was basically INT=engineer skill damage, DEX=Operative skill damage, STR=Commando skill damage, true or false? If false, what does?

Nourish
09-04-2011, 08:53 AM
@AP

True

IBNobody
09-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Whatever skill increases your weapon damage also increases your skill damage/healing.

Weapons are the biggest contributors to damage, and thus, contribute most to your skill damage/healing.

Big, slow damaging weapons like Rifles are better at improving your skill damage than faster guns.