PDA

View Full Version : A bit aggravated - Reputation System

WoundedEagle
09-03-2011, 07:52 PM
EDIT: Am I wrong on the whole thing?
Uhm. Okay so, everyone starts out with a green bar. Over time you get Approves and Disapproves. Why does the rating system give the opportunity to disapprove. If it's a bad Post/Thread, then there is a report button. I mean just for example: this is most-likely someone who is a guild rival. Honestly I don't want any rivals, because my guild is a community guild. But for example:
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/Woundedeagle2/Screenshot-2.png

See? Someone doesn't like my guild so they disapprove. Was the thread inappropriate? No, nothing at all.

This isn't a Fable III Forum, it's Spacetime Studios Forum. What is the point of this, I am not sure. But, I think a change should be made........

W.E.

Air
09-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Nothing needs to be change. If you have a bad rep you got haters, haters let me know im better than them. You have bad rep in a forum game ohh please dont complain, worry about real life rep. :D

xBlacklightx
09-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Some people really do take this forum to seriously IMO.

WoundedEagle
09-03-2011, 08:11 PM
ROFL, My reputation is fine. Though, I actually found this comment a bit crude. Complaining? Go check General Discussion, it is full of complaints. And I have been on forums a while I think I know what to do and what not to do. It was a simple suggestion.

xBlacklightx
09-03-2011, 08:14 PM
You come off a bit pretentious woundedeagle.

WoundedEagle
09-03-2011, 08:15 PM
You come off a bit pretentious woundedeagle.
Thank You for the insult.

xBlacklightx
09-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Not really meant as an insult, just letting you know how i'm percieving your attitude.

WoundedEagle
09-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Not really meant as an insult, just letting you know how i'm percieving your attitude.
Definition of PRETENTIOUS

: characterized by pretension: as
a : making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) <the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him — Richard Watts>
b : expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature <pretentious language> <pretentious houses>

Air
09-03-2011, 08:25 PM
I totally agree agree

xBlacklightx
09-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah, that's what pretentious means. Point?

WoundedEagle
09-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Yeah, that's what pretentious means. Point?
Pretentious is an insult. just making sure your'e aware

xBlacklightx
09-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Definition of insult.
"Speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse."

WoundedEagle
09-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Definition of insult.
"Speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse."
I don't want to get in a flame war. I have no use for arguing. Just know that Pretentious, was offensive. Whether it's an 'Insult' or not.

n00b13st
09-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Uhm. Okay so, everyone starts out with a green bar. Over time you get Approves and Disapproves. Why does the rating system give the opportunity to disapprove. If it's a bad Post/Thread, then there is a report button. I mean just for example: this is most-likely someone who is a guild rival. Honestly I don't want any rivals, because my guild is a community guild. But for example:

See? Someone doesn't like my guild so they disapprove. Was the thread inappropriate? No, nothing at all.

This isn't a Fable III Forum, it's Spacetime Studios Forum. What is the point of this, I am not sure. But, I think a change should be made........

W.E.

I apologize for my n00bness but I can't see anything in the SS that indicates a disapproval. I know what wounded is talking about but not how to see it in that SS.

WoundedEagle
09-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I apologize for my n00bness but I can't see anything in the SS that indicates a disapproval. I know what wounded is talking about but not how to see it in that SS.
See the Gray squares? The green are good, gray aren't

Otukura
09-03-2011, 08:44 PM

Gray = it's been disapproved.
Red is worse.

TANKKAAR
09-03-2011, 09:02 PM

Here is how the reputation works:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?31890-Forum-Reputation-Feature-Enabled&highlight=Reputation

Here is a link to check your repitation:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/usercp.php

@woundedeagle
I understand your feelings wound... Its not right for people to deduct reputation points off of positive comments and posts just because they are haters. But then again you know what they say right? "If your not being hated on, your not doing it right" I have never seen you start trouble or cause any flame wars as long as I have know you and that is why you are a GOA and the person doing this probably isnt and will never be :) the BIGGEST question I have is according to the link I posted above the reputation system is suppose to be audited to prevent abuse... Why isnt this applying to the negative abuse aswell?

WoundedEagle
09-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Here is how the reputation works:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?31890-Forum-Reputation-Feature-Enabled&highlight=Reputation

Here is a link to check your repitation:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/usercp.php

@woundedeagle
I understand your feelings wound... Its not right for people to deduct reputation points off of positive comments and posts just because they are haters. But then again you know what they say right? "If your not being hated on, your not doing it right" I have never seen you start trouble or cause any flame wars as long as I have know you and that is why you are a GOA and the person doing this probably isnt and will never be :) the BIGGEST question I have is according to the link I posted above the reputation system is suppose to be audited to prevent abuse... Why isnt this applying to the negative abuse aswell?
True and thanks Tank :)

Whirlzap
09-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Wound, don't mind people.
Guild rivalry, that's what it's called.

Cytokinesis
09-07-2011, 03:59 PM
ur still a "Glorious Becon of Light" :D

StompArtist
09-07-2011, 04:05 PM

W.E.

Disapproved for no good reason whatsoever. :D

Navygreen
09-07-2011, 05:20 PM

perhaps... don't worry about that stuff, man..

Register
09-07-2011, 07:11 PM
You have 50 points?? Nice! I have like 24....Ill edit in a breakdown in a sec xD

Register
09-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Ok soz for double post....Edit isnt working right...

I have 4 green bars and 1 grey. I have 24 points! But what was weird is that the grey one says "Yes, excellent idea". IMO reputation system is a terrible place for sarcasm. But you have 4 grey and 1 green. How does that work?

WoundedEagle
09-07-2011, 07:44 PM

I have 4 green bars and 1 grey. I have 24 points! But what was weird is that the grey one says "Yes, excellent idea". IMO reputation system is a terrible place for sarcasm. But you have 4 grey and 1 green. How does that work?
I have 58 now. But idk how it works. I don't believe it was explained exactly.

Otukura
09-07-2011, 07:46 PM

It shows the most recent 5

Grey one could have someone who plus'd it and then another who did the opposite.

Ayc2000
09-07-2011, 07:53 PM
i hate the people who are so immature, that they take it out on a good person whenever they can..it just makes me mad grrr

Register
09-07-2011, 08:03 PM
It shows the most recent 5

Grey one could have someone who plus'd it and then another who did the opposite.

Ohhhhh Yeah some people didnt like my suggestion....Then it should sow each individual one. I want to see the comments related to the minus'd it!

WoundedEagle
09-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Someone gave me a Disapprove on this thread that just says 'Ah ah ah' rofl

StompArtist
09-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Someone gave me a Disapprove on this thread that just says 'Ah ah ah' rofl

It was me. :P

WoundedEagle
09-07-2011, 09:57 PM
It was me. :P
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................?

Otukura
09-07-2011, 10:09 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................?

Be sure to check that post.

WoundedEagle
09-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Be sure to check that post.
What Otu? Lol

thequickone
09-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Don't sweat the small stuff. And this is, indeed, small stuff. I'm sure my tone may not be coming across well. You are probably expecting another attack. My tone is meant to be positive. I am not attacking you.

Rivalry has always been around, and always will be. The "haters" have always been around, and always will be. They just have a shiny new tool with which to whack you! They were hitting and hating on you before, you just weren't so readily able to see the marks. So my advice; don't sweat the small stuff. Really, don't worry about it. It will just get you down, and they will have won!

I have not been on the forums long, maybe a few months, or so. But I have been here long enough to be able to tell the difference between those that are worth their salt, and those that are not. You, sir, are worth every ounce of yours, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I recall when Sam announced the new reputation feature. I also remember thinking, "Hmm, that's interesting...". I haven't taken one look at mine, and don't have any plans to do so anytime soon! I just try to be the best darn troll, ehem... contributor I can be, and expect the rest to fall into place on its own.

I hope that helps, even a little bit. Now to find your reputation thumbs-up thingy, or whatever it is... :p

StompArtist
09-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Honestly rep system should only allow positives. In my view anyways.

Please disapprove this post. Ty.

Zeus
09-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Rofl, you guys have so many reputation points! I only got 17 :O.

Otukura
09-08-2011, 12:44 AM
Rofl, you guys have so many reputation points! I only got 17 :O.

:0

I got 39 on the first day and haven't changed since.

WoundedEagle
09-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Lol! I get a lot, but appearantly I have a whole bunch of Haters! :D

Navygreen
09-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Nice I have 22.. Must be an angel :angel:

:)

Register
09-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Somebody plus'd the one of the posts I posted here lol. I have 36 points atm...

Rep war!

Ayc2000
09-08-2011, 06:43 PM
i had 10 for the first few weeks lol
all of a sudden i get some...

otu, i think i gave you some rep points the first day...gave them to 5 different people right when it came out rofl
how many points can you get and lose at one time?

LADYHADASSA
07-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Eh wounded haters gonna hate... Again if a rep system was placed in the games itself then it would make sense all together. Again this rep system breaks down to somone spending more hours here than in game,

Do not sweat the small stuff wounded, there are peeps who are going to be jealous of your rep here and in game activity, if they want it so bad let em work for it.

A neg mark means your doing somthing right, just like in sales your going to get 6 no and 4 yes out of ten, work threw the nay sayers dont let em get ya down, they thrive on your responses they get joy out of your misery, never let em see ya sweat!!!

XD

WoundedEagle
07-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Eh wounded haters gonna hate... Again if a rep system was placed in the games itself then it would make sense all together. Again this rep system breaks down to somone spending more hours here than in game,

Do not sweat the small stuff wounded, there are peeps who are going to be jealous of your rep here and in game activity, if they want it so bad let em work for it.

A neg mark means your doing somthing right, just like in sales your going to get 6 no and 4 yes out of ten, work threw the nay sayers dont let em get ya down, they thrive on your responses they get joy out of your misery, never let em see ya sweat!!!

XD

Nice Necro Hadassa :D