PDA

View Full Version : Ban the botters for life

leoakre
07-19-2016, 10:06 PM
Hi again!!

Idk about other players trying hard to protect their spots on the LB but one thing I do know.... It's completely unfair of sts to make us compete against the players who indulge in botting! There are many of us who wouldn't dream to compromise our integrity while aiming for top spots on the lb but it seems we are the minority and nothing has been done to correct this very controversial yet morally simple issue of cheating by sts!!

If there are any other honest pvers out there who actually take pride in earning every kill with their fingers, or thumbs, please give a shout out here!!!

Right now I am standing at the entrance of Kraag Tombs 2 and watching the unresponsive toon of a Leaderboard player go in and out every few seconds making 15 kills per round...I believe that's the count! Now, this kind of irreprehensible behavior has gone on long enough in our game!!

Instead of focusing on all the new and inventive ways to make platinum purchases higher, maybe sts should focus on many age-old problems that already exist in the game .... Problems previous moderators have promised solutions towards but never delivered!

Let's here it for the integrity of this great game!!

Thanks,

Msleo

Energizeric
07-19-2016, 10:57 PM
I agree. There really needs to be someone at STS who can investigate these things. Perhaps a special email address where you can send any bottling accusations to and they can then investigate the player. I'm sure if they were to investigate, they could easily tell who is botting and who is not.

I often times run the same dungeon over and over again, but my movement patterns would be slightly different on each run. If the movement patterns are identical on multiple runs, that means botting.

leoakre
07-19-2016, 11:08 PM
I agree. There really needs to be someone at STS who can investigate these things. Perhaps a special email address where you can send any bottling accusations to and they can then investigate the player. I'm sure if they were to investigate, they could easily tell who is botting and who is not.

I often times run the same dungeon over and over again, but my movement patterns would be slightly different on each run. If the movement patterns are identical on multiple runs, that means botting.

Agreed!!

Plus, I often go in and out of tombs fast too but always in party with one of my own crafting alts or in solo party...and I answer every pm sent to me unless I've fallen asleep!!

It should be a simple thing for sts to spot the botters in pve and dummy farmers in pvp after all these seasons of doing nothing !!

Zylx
07-19-2016, 11:41 PM
In my opinion, the right thing is for them to get banned. Considering that its been a couple weeks after a fairly large public outcry over a certain video brimming with proof, and no action has been taken, i can assume that the devs dont really care. It's injustice. Completely unfair and it toys with the integrity of the game.

Plqgue
07-19-2016, 11:43 PM
Hi again!!

Idk about other players trying hard to protect their spots on the LB but one thing I do know.... It's completely unfair of sts to make us compete against the players who indulge in botting! There are many of us who wouldn't dream to compromise our integrity while aiming for top spots on the lb but it seems we are the minority and nothing has been done to correct this very controversial yet morally simple issue of cheating by sts!!

If there are any other honest pvers out there who actually take pride in earning every kill with their fingers, or thumbs, please give a shout out here!!!

Right now I am standing at the entrance of Kraag Tombs 2 and watching the unresponsive toon of a Leaderboard player go in and out every few seconds making 15 kills per round...I believe that's the count! Now, this kind of irreprehensible behavior has gone on long enough in our game!!

Instead of focusing on all the new and inventive ways to make platinum purchases higher, maybe sts should focus on many age-old problems that already exist in the game .... Problems previous moderators have promised solutions towards but never delivered!

Thanks,

Msleo

+1000000000000

Avaree
07-19-2016, 11:52 PM
In my opinion, the right thing is for them to get banned. Considering that its been a couple weeks after a fairly large public outcry over a certain video brimming with proof, and no action has been taken, i can assume that the devs dont really care. It's injustice. Completely unfair and it toys with the integrity of the game.

I agree... Cheating is cheating. Botting, farming plat, dummy farming, sharing/selling accounts are all a banable offense, but due to lack of bans on players botting and dummy farming,players see it as a free pass to bott or dummy farm (up until recently on the dummy farming, one did see repercussions of his/her illegal actions) As long as a lb exisits with top players of simple exploitable pvp & pve kills there will be dummy farmers & botters.

In closing, I am impressed with STSs recent actions on stopping a dummy farmer!

leoakre
07-20-2016, 12:02 AM

I didn't see too much of that video but what I did witness was actionable yet no action has been taken!!

It's great to make the elite maps so they cannot be botted but what about pves in normal tombs or pvp kills against actual opponents fighting back instead of being on a repetitive program or in a combative room where there is an actual fight??

Is sts going to allow botters to rule our leader boards, or will players actually have to answer to their less than respectable behavior?!

That has been the question for at least 6 seasons!!!

Yes
07-20-2016, 12:10 AM
Who that super mom ? Hahaha :P

leoakre
07-20-2016, 12:25 AM

Ok, now that's more of a flirt than a post xD

keith78
07-20-2016, 12:36 AM
Oh. The dummy farmer is here .

Sent from my 8050E using Tapatalk

Faliziaga
07-20-2016, 01:49 AM
I've been posting the same thing before that I don't get why leaderboarders' accounts are not being consistently checked by STS, especially I wish they'd clean off cheaters from leaderboards before granting banners!

extrapayah
07-20-2016, 01:50 AM
sadly, kill stats is always prone to bot/dummy, and to be sure, botting case have to be solved case by case, and watching hundred thousands of players is not easy.

stopping giving rewards for these stats can also help, imo.

Sasamon
07-20-2016, 02:04 AM
+ 1, and agree with Ava, these days I saw an mage with 40k+ kills and 100 Deaths in CTF, I asked him about dummy farmer and he told me "well, 70% of the LB are doing that, I have no chance without doing the same, if STS dont ban them, why they would ban me?" I got like "-.- what the hell" but its not lie...no punish will make players have no fear of doing illegal things..

<3 Msleo i saw you in tombs!

epicrrr
07-20-2016, 02:16 AM
So few people left who still play with banners season 5 and below

leoakre
07-20-2016, 02:21 AM
+ 1, and agree with Ava, these days I saw an mage with 40k+ kills and 100 Deaths in CTF, I asked him about dummy farmer and he told me "well, 70% of the LB are doing that, I have no chance without doing the same, if STS dont ban them, why they would ban me?" I got like "-.- what the hell" but its not lie...no punish will make players have no fear of doing illegal things..

<3 Msleo i saw you in tombs!

Haha!! I'm always in tombs or swapping up for some crate farming but I'm definitely right there present using my extraordinarily callloused left middle finger to navigate while using my other hand to tap tap tap!!! This awesome game actually helped me to regain strength and movement back into my left hand and shoulder after a horrendous break in half of my ball bone of my left shoulder and arm!! It took me over 6 months back starting in November 2012 to even be able to move my fingers !!! The distraction and finger exercises were a welcome and healing relief!!!

Now, so many years and so many seasons later I am a much better healed player for having this game to turn to but I am still saddened, shocked, and mortified that the company I relied upon and trusted so much doesn't care enough to give the support needed by its loyal players to continue on in legend while preserving the integrity of all we once held dear and valuable in their wonderful game!

Hail
07-20-2016, 02:27 AM
Hopefully STS keeps it up and removes those who continuously bot/farm/etc as they have recently done with a certain pvper. Baby steps people :)

mistery
07-20-2016, 03:30 AM
its so easy to use farmbot hahaha
i made my own bot just to try this...pffft you make 5k kills per hour

reiewaun
07-20-2016, 03:57 AM
Nothing is done to avoid dummy farm and bot if sts starts caring a bit for this theme that ruins the game because some unskilled go and use cheap ways to get in lb, it's not only pve, pvp lb full of dummy farmers, sts put an option on report for bot/dummy farm and start giving bans

Mesti
07-20-2016, 04:39 AM
Well i do pve kills too. I do at kt4 and doing full round. Each round i get around i dunno maybe around 120-140 mobs in 1.40-1.50 minutes. Im not using any bots. Pure pve xD

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

nightmaresmoke
07-20-2016, 06:28 AM
So basically Arcane Legends or should I say the whole spacetime studios gaming company promotes cheating in their games?

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Fredystern
07-20-2016, 09:43 AM
I think will devs only read our post and ignore us

Justg
07-20-2016, 10:00 AM
sadly, kill stats is always prone to bot/dummy, and to be sure, botting case have to be solved case by case, and watching hundred thousands of players is not easy.

This.

Botting is an unfortunate fact of life with today's gaming platforms. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMORPG_bots

It is tough, if not impossible, to actively police. We do take action on particularly egregious cases (like earlier this week), but we think the solution unfortunately may be to remove the leaderboards entirely.

Fredystern
07-20-2016, 10:01 AM
This.

Botting is an unfortunate fact of life with today's gaming platforms. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMORPG_bots

It is tough, if not impossible, to actively police. We do take action on particularly egregious cases (like earlier this week), but we think the solution unfortunately may be to remove the leaderboards entirely.

Well i got rekt now :3

epicrrr
07-20-2016, 10:15 AM
This.

Yes I support removing the LB

Arlorz
07-20-2016, 10:16 AM
This.

So a screenshot of players with 60.000 kills and only 5 deaths isnt enough to ban?
Or getting 20k kills in a few hours isnt enough to ban?
Well.

nightmaresmoke
07-20-2016, 10:17 AM
This.

Then what about PvP dummy farming?

Justg
07-20-2016, 10:19 AM
Then what about PvP dummy farming?

Again, exceedingly hard to moderate, not just for us but for all game companies. We can remove that leaderboard as well.

Vixenne
07-20-2016, 10:27 AM
This.

You have my +1 in this. Tough decision but this might end all this drama chaos happening ingame.

nightmaresmoke
07-20-2016, 10:38 AM
Again, exceedingly hard to moderate, not just for us but for all game companies. We can remove that leaderboard as well.
It's really easy to spot PvP dummy farmers just by looking at their KDR example 10k kills with 100 deaths that's obviously a dummy farmer, and one thing about the PvP LB is that end game and twink records are combined not divided into their respective levels, seen level 10 twink who's on lb.

Zylx
07-20-2016, 10:41 AM

I would support removing the leaderboard. It causes nothing but unneeded drama lol.

But there could still be a leaderboard for events and other things that are impossible to bot. But please remove anything regarding kills. Even timed runs can fall victim to macrokey users.

leoakre
07-20-2016, 10:57 AM
It's really easy to spot PvP dummy farmers just by looking at their KDR example 10k kills with 100 deaths that's obviously a dummy farmer, and one thing about the PvP LB is that end game and twink records are combined not divided into their respective levels, seen level 10 twink who's on lb.

I'm out of thanks but I agree there should be a separate lb for twinks because putting them on the PvP lb with all the endgame players just isn't fair. Some players even think that twinking their kdr up at a twink level then leveling up to endgame is acceptable but it's not! I've stopped PvP pretty much 2 seasons ago due to the drama but I've always played endgame every season and all my achievements are done at endgame lvl so I can understand the frustration at twinks who dominate the ENDGAME LB!!

Oh, sorry but if STS wipes clean my honest and hard-earned pves to start a new lb then I'm moving to another game! Maybe implement a fresh new seasonal leaderboard so that every player has a chance to be #1 for that particular season but keep the longtime Overall lb, just take botting accusations more seriously and follow that reported player for a few days!!

Sure wish our posts would stop getting edited just because STS was criticized!!

Gosh

Deathclaw
07-20-2016, 11:25 AM
Disable AL on PC and it should stop the botting issue.

nightmaresmoke
07-20-2016, 11:28 AM
That's actually a good idea AL PC version does have lots of advantages unlike phones and tablets.

leoakre
07-20-2016, 11:29 AM
This.

This sounds more like a threat than a plausible solution to me. I would love to hear actual proposals and ideas for policing botters so the players in our community could discuss them instead of throwing out harsh finalities!

Shelllz
07-20-2016, 11:31 AM
oh mah gawd u didnt just say removing the leaderboard.....
Hire me as STS Bot/Dummy Farming police.:congratulatory:
LOL
I did like the idea of separate division to investigate botters/farmers.

leoakre
07-20-2016, 11:32 AM

Yes, awesome idea! I do believe this game was originally a moblie game not a PC game!

Serancha
07-20-2016, 11:35 AM
Maybe implement a fresh new seasonal leaderboard so that every player has a chance to be #1 for that particular season but keep the longtime Overall lb, just take botting accusations more seriously and follow that reported player for a few days!!

What a fresh and novel idea! Brilliant!

If you think people can't bot on mobile devices, you're a bit behind the times.

Zeus
07-20-2016, 11:36 AM
oh mah gawd u didnt just say removing the leaderboard.....
Hire me as STS Bot/Dummy Farming police.:congratulatory:
LOL
I did like the idea of separate division to investigate botters/farmers.

They have a budget, you know...LB is the lesser of the priorities.

Yes, awesome idea! I do believe this game was originally a moblie game not a PC game!
This would solve nothing. Android is a flavor of Linux, therefore, you can run scripts and bots on Android. If you don't believe me, take a look at Pocket Legends. it had bots when it was strictly a mobile only game.

nightmaresmoke
07-20-2016, 11:39 AM
Cough3 dummy lurking here lol

Pedgon
07-20-2016, 11:45 AM
I'm out of thanks but I agree there should be a separate lb for twinks because putting them on the PvP lb with all the endgame players just isn't fair. Some players even think that twinking their kdr up at a twink level then leveling up to endgame is acceptable but it's not! I've stopped PvP pretty much 2 seasons ago due to the drama but I've always played endgame every season and all my achievements are done at endgame lvl so I can understand the frustration at twinks who dominate the ENDGAME LB!!

Oh, sorry but if STS wipes clean my honest and hard-earned pves to start a new lb then I'm moving to another game! Maybe implement a fresh new seasonal leaderboard so that every player has a chance to be #1 for that particular season but keep the longtime Overall lb, just take botting accusations more seriously and follow that reported player for a few days.

Thank you Leo! I've been saying this since season 4-5 transition, when we started watching twinks "assaulting" PvP leaderboards. My case is particularly absurd, since I would be 1st on Captures LB since the end of season 4 (when Chiyuk stopped playing), if twinks had a different LB (I remember to see a guy getting around 7k in 3-4 days ..lol), and I'm 5th right now..probably 6th.. soon.. and guess why?? 4 twinks (and also dummy farmers) on the first 4 places lol...-.- Oh and btw I'm on TOP 5 Captures since 1st week of pvp, beginning of season 2 ..:apathy:

Same about Kills LB..as a warrior/tank, I got 31k legit kills over 8 seasons of CTF (counting with the present season) and I never went on Kills LB a single time...nuff said! -.- Nowadays, I believe I can only get 1-2 active warriors with more than me, legit kills of course! This isn't hard to understand when we look at Warriors' Kills LB and we see 25/25 dummy farmers, the majority of them - TWINKS. And this has been like this for many seasons..:emptiness:

Nothing happened till now...and we are on the 9th season...:hopelessness:

Unfortunately, we can't dissociate twinks from cheaters or/and dummy farmers, since most of them ARE CHEATERS!

I won't even talk about bots...already too much tragedy for 1 post..

Pedgon
07-20-2016, 11:53 AM

Lol Ikr..I play 99% of time on PC like many others, legit players! Removing PC from the available platforms seems totally ridiculous..at least..

Deathclaw
07-20-2016, 11:59 AM

its much easier to bot on PC than handheld mobile devices.

Zeus
07-20-2016, 12:04 PM

Not really, it's quite simple for Android as well.

mistery
07-20-2016, 12:10 PM
bluestacks
droid4x

leoakre
07-20-2016, 12:20 PM

No clue as I've never considered trying because I am proud of every kill I make with my own 2 hands!

nightmaresmoke
07-20-2016, 12:31 PM
No clue as I've never considered trying because I am proud of every kill I make with my own 2 hands!
Ikr the only reason a person knows this programs and methods is that they themselves have used it.

azicheebahan
07-20-2016, 12:33 PM

We know who dummy farms and who don't pretty much.

Put a report option for dummy farmers, we will reveal who is ,what sts has to do to surveile them for a bit and distribute bans when necessary

Shelllz
07-20-2016, 12:44 PM
well as for dummy farming its easier to open 5 tabs on browser than have 5 devices. Just common sense, doesn't mean everyone does it, but its easier than getting 5 mobile devices.

Visiting
07-20-2016, 12:56 PM
Just remove the LBs as a whole, the players affected are a small minority, with the majority of said people on their through illegitimate means anyways. Having a LB system promotes cheating/bad sportsmanship and other such, and it would be far simpler to remove the source of the problem than to deal with each individual person.

Shelllz
07-20-2016, 12:58 PM
Just remove the LBs as a whole, the players affected are a small minority, with the majority of said people on their through illegitimate means anyways. Having a LB system promotes cheating/bad sportsmanship and other such, and it would be far simpler to remove the source of the problem than to deal with each individual person.

.................................................. ..........
that's all

Suentous PO
07-20-2016, 01:02 PM
Ikr the only reason a person knows this programs and methods is that they themselves have used it.

Easy there, not always. I'm the kind of person that looks under rocks, the amount of bad things I know and don't get involved in can be pretty damn massive.
Nothing wrong with being a curious person.

leoakre
07-20-2016, 01:04 PM

We are all welcome to our opinions but having a leaderboard gives much needed purpose to this game for many and provides many with motivation. Having a goal in a game is a good thing although the main goal of any game is to have fun!!

Implement a new lb for each season, keep overall lb but have a completely separate lb for each season to see which players are truly in the top spots just for each season !!

It won't solve botting but it will give everyone a better chance at earning banners!
Hope I made sense :)

Kingofninjas
07-20-2016, 02:03 PM

I agree. Right now, all leaderboards (except timed run) measure time spent playing AL rather than actual skill. If having a banner is really so important to people, give the players who spend the most time online every month a banner.

Oezheasate
07-20-2016, 02:19 PM

Wow, just wow. I wonder how do people turn out to be the way u are? Well theres always the future to look forward to right?

Saud
07-20-2016, 02:31 PM
I can see why the devs won't ban the botters-dummy farmers
But we can help ya.. We can get screen shot of players that have a lot of death
Or they have a lot of kills
I don't say ban them.. Give them a warning
Like this guy over here :

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160720/5f94a6268aa7e46e2858d8d07cbffc6d.jpg

I mean it's clearly dummy farm haha
But I blocked the ign cause it will make drama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedgon
07-20-2016, 02:33 PM

What dummy farmer? pfuu -.- This guy is a Legend!

Mel030
07-20-2016, 02:45 PM

Not dummy farmer at all pfft.

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk

nightmaresmoke
07-20-2016, 02:48 PM
Wow, just wow. I wonder how do people turn out to be the way u are? Well theres always the future to look forward to right?
Future u mean future of botting and dummy farming? Lol

Oezheasate
07-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Future u mean future of botting and dummy farming? Lol

You keep confirming that you really are the way i feared you were, life can be hard on some huh?

nightmaresmoke
07-20-2016, 03:16 PM
I think i hit the spot haha

nightmaresmoke
07-20-2016, 03:18 PM
You keep confirming that you really are the way i feared you were, life can be hard on some huh?
Getting personal means im hitting something lel stick to the op topic dude

Saud
07-20-2016, 03:20 PM
What dummy farmer? pfuu -.- This guy is a Legend!

U can't get 8k ctf kill and 1 death
I mean come on -.-

Pedgon
07-20-2016, 03:23 PM
U can't get 8k ctf kill and 1 death
I mean come on -.-

looool??????

freakitout
07-20-2016, 03:29 PM

Does this player does dummy farm on pvp ? He's name tells it .

Oezheasate
07-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Getting personal means im hitting something lel stick to the op topic dude

Hitting something? You gonna accuse me of doing it now? Go ahead bud.

nightmaresmoke
07-20-2016, 04:10 PM
I'mma just gonna ignore this one ∆ trying to derail the op thread -_-

leoakre
07-20-2016, 04:32 PM
Omg!!

Can u 2 boys please not turn my thread in to a personal trash war? Take it to PMS if u feel the need to insult each other or go back to your own playpens cuz neither one of you are helping the situation or providing any useful suggestions!!

Behave please!

nightmaresmoke
07-20-2016, 04:36 PM
Omg!!

Can u 2 boys please not turn my thread in to a personal trash war? Take it to PMS if u feel the need to insult each other or go back to your own playpens cuz neither one of you are helping the situation or providing any useful suggestions!!

Behave please!
I didn't started it -_- anyway will ignore now

resurrected
07-20-2016, 04:51 PM
I totally agreed about remove pvp lb if we cant really find solution to stop dummy farm, this seems right. I just curious all leaderboards will be removed or only pvp one? What about legit players from top section or time runs?

Visiting
07-20-2016, 04:53 PM
I totally agreed about remove pvp lb if we cant really find solution to stop dummy farm, this seems right. I just curious all leaderboards will be removed or only pvp one? What about legit players from top section or time runs?

Remove them all, since all can be exploited.

Oezheasate
07-20-2016, 05:05 PM
Remove them all, since all can be exploited.

Zzz, leave timed wtf.

Visiting
07-20-2016, 05:07 PM
Zzz, leave timed wtf.

Off to fire up my auto pot script :>
And ofc auto skills
Maybe even an arena script to start the timer/round inhumanly fast ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oezheasate
07-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Off to fire up my auto pot script :>
And ofc auto skills
Maybe even an arena script to start the timer/round inhumanly fast ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well you can auto pot auto skills and arena script all you want i doubt youll manage to hold a rec against our legit team, at least when it comes to maps because thats the thing i run with the team. So no need to remove timed lb because we will keep legit and non legit out of it through teamwork.

Visiting
07-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Well you can auto pot auto skills and arena script all you want i doubt youll manage to hold a rec against our legit team, at least when it comes to maps because thats the thing i run with the team. So no need to remove timed lb because we will keep legit and non legit out of it through teamwork.

I'm not part of team OP? :<

resurrected
07-20-2016, 05:12 PM
How about top player :)? Its legit too... atleast it seems like...

Visiting
07-20-2016, 05:15 PM

It's not > Hard APs can be botted easily
Flags/Easier elites ;o

Oezheasate
07-20-2016, 05:16 PM

I think some of the elite aps could be botted and pve kills ofc but at least at first glance it seems less riddled with cheaters, dunno the players on it tho so cant comment who cheats and who doesnt.

@ral you dont have fok speed set so no :/

Visiting
07-20-2016, 05:18 PM
I think some of the elite aps could be botted and pve kills ofc.

@ral you dont have fok speed set so no :/
I do have speed set ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oezheasate
07-20-2016, 05:29 PM
I do have speed set ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Woot okie the team shall do an extensive background check on you and snoop on irregularities like any relationships with smurfs or smurfettes and most importantly your behaviour towards members of the master speed set race while not having it yourself.

Visiting
07-20-2016, 05:36 PM
Woot okie the team shall do an extensive background check on you and snoop on irregularities like any relationships with smurfs or smurfettes and most importantly your behaviour towards members of the master speed set race while not having it yourself.

Hopefully y'all run with beggars ;o

leoakre
07-20-2016, 05:38 PM
For God's sake, oez!

Please boys...go make your own thread to be disrespectful in ... thanks!

This thread is for helpful suggestions and hashing out community problems with our lb, not personal problems between yourselves.

Sigh

Oezheasate
07-20-2016, 05:47 PM
For God's sake, oez!

This thread is for helpful suggestions and hashing out community problems with our lb, not personal problems between yourselves.

Sigh

Nuu what did we do :(

Visiting
07-20-2016, 05:53 PM
For God's sake, oez!

Sigh

As a devout Baptist man, I find your use of the Lord's name in vain to be not only offending but inconsiderate to an entire religion. I would like to ask you to please remove this from your previous post.
Also, on topic, the STS CEO has stated his stance on the issue, whether you support it or not, that's reality.

Ardbeg
07-20-2016, 06:03 PM
How about moving to an LB system with limited timeframes for entering, but in turn they would be reasonable monitored and moderated? Not only seasonal, but more like an event thingy on certain maps. This does not mean to discard current efforts, but making it easier in the future to compete for a banner and at the same time much less boring. PVP is a different discussion, but why do we need this bazillion kills competition? I would rather see some creativity with the ruleset and moderation.

Sasamon
07-20-2016, 07:29 PM
So a screenshot of players with 60.000 kills and only 5 deaths isnt enough to ban?
Or getting 20k kills in a few hours isnt enough to ban?
Well.

Hahahaha, I have no words about this...its big not funny joke with us

latoz
07-20-2016, 07:56 PM
+9999999 for this
Botters are those who have op kill death ratio
Imagine tanks in ctf lb:3) so impossible to have a good kill death ratio.

leoakre
07-20-2016, 09:28 PM
As a devout Baptist man, I find your use of the Lord's name in vain to be not only offending but inconsiderate to an entire religion. I would like to ask you to please remove this from your previous post.
Also, on topic, the STS CEO has stated his stance on the issue, whether you support it or not, that's reality.

No wonder I refer to u both as boys xD

konafez
07-20-2016, 10:30 PM
Gg to the op for this post. Very clear and well written and to the point. Something needs to be done about this.

And to you chowder heads arguing back and forth and causing drama, your just going to get this thread locked and deleted ..but then maybe that's what your trying to do ....

I think sts is just going to end up pulling the leader bord and being done with this issue, monitoring all the botters and dummy farmers takes time,money, and manpower ..pulling the leaderbord is easy and cost effective

Corperations are all about the simple solutions ..

lucaskane2480
07-20-2016, 11:09 PM
Hi again!!

Thanks,

Msleo People will most likely acuse others of botting or whatever, but there are legit pvers on that lb. Just because they have a lot of kills does NOT mean they bot/run a script. I personally take great pride in my kills (on lb!) And I don't care what people say about my kill count, it's 100% legit and I know it and that's all that counts.

JesuisCharlie
07-21-2016, 12:03 AM
I'm agree because the leaderboard is the ultimate goal for tryharders and i believe STS can spot easy the cheaters its look like more possible here than in real life.
And a cheater deserve to banned for ever!

glendame
07-21-2016, 01:37 AM
Lol.........

Oezheasate
07-21-2016, 02:07 AM
No wonder I refer to u both as boys xD

Due to my atheist belief i find your use of the word god and my name in the same sentence highly offensive and would ask you to please edit it out of the post in which you affronted all my beliefs and what i stand for.

On the issue at hand, the first bunch of botters/macroers that we have to get rid of are the obvious ones, on ctf/tdm lb and one we know of on pve kills lb, the rest can be weeded out with reports of suspicious activities to sts by our players.

Enjoy
07-21-2016, 03:43 AM
Lmao I posted proof of this dummy farmer on general discussion n it got taken down. Anyway may as well show you, even though it will be taken down in a few minutes. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/356c8431bd51858d89ee5aca10599b32.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/4427c9bce18d52622eba218d0cfac90b.jpg
I also have a vid of him dummy farming. xD I sent him a request from my main n he accepted it I then glitched my main's list to a level 5 toon an joined him. It was fun to mess up his set up a few times n take a few selfie's ofc... xD anyway he eventually blocked me.

nightmaresmoke
07-21-2016, 03:50 AM
Lmao I posted proof of this dummy farmer on general discussion n it got taken down. Anyway may as well show you, even though it will be taken down in a few minutes. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/356c8431bd51858d89ee5aca10599b32.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/4427c9bce18d52622eba218d0cfac90b.jpg
I also have a vid of him dummy farming. xD I sent him a request from my main n he accepted it I then glitched my main's list to a level 5 toon an joined him. It was fun to mess up his set up a few times n take a few selfie's ofc... xD anyway he eventually blocked me.

Burn evidence right there lol

Enjoy
07-21-2016, 03:52 AM
Yeah, you would think it's enough evidence. Seems not lmao

Universalpro
07-21-2016, 04:36 AM
Burn evidence right there lol

Btw have a look at this
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5790973552d57/Screenshot_20160701-235006.png?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/342944fe7d819067a4e4b4c4fa61e217.jpg

I suspect he is Exhate, he scammed one of my guildies by trying to sell his account too and they were both selling red caps so i kinda felt the connection lol
And this screenshot is of 2nd july

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Enjoy
07-21-2016, 04:41 AM
Btw have a look at this
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5790973552d57/Screenshot_20160701-235006.png?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/342944fe7d819067a4e4b4c4fa61e217.jpg

I suspect he is Exhate, he scammed one of my guildies by trying to sell his account too and they were both selling red caps so i kinda felt the connection lol
And this screenshot is of 2nd july

It's not a huge connection lol, but yeah he seems to be a scammer. I have seen him attempting to sell his character to others as well.

Universalpro
07-21-2016, 04:43 AM
It's not a huge connection lol, but yeah he seems to be a scammer. I have seen him attempting to sell his character to others as well.

Yeah not a huge connection [emoji14]
But the fact that he made those 72k kills just for scamming.. ppl need to get a life lol

Enjoy
07-21-2016, 04:45 AM
Yeah it's sad

dangdevil
07-21-2016, 05:06 AM
Wowow great m 11th :)

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

hastlin
07-21-2016, 05:31 AM
This.

https://youtu.be/E7Ib5HwDW6c please watch!!!

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk

Enjoy
07-21-2016, 05:37 AM

Gg Cusigma

Pedgon
07-21-2016, 06:36 AM

Lol ..STS will ignore anyways..sad but true!

Intous
07-21-2016, 08:53 AM
IMO, PvP lb should not be removed, because it can be an effective way to spot ppl that got an insane amount of kills in a small period, by removing it we'll give dummy farmers paradise as they can dummy farm to their hearts content and no one will get wind of their actions.

nightmaresmoke
07-21-2016, 09:08 AM
IMO, PvP lb should not be removed, because it can be an effective way to spot ppl that got an insane amount of kills in a small period, by removing it we'll give dummy farmers paradise as they can dummy farm to their hearts content and no one will get wind of their actions.
Simple solution temporarily stop the leaderboard until a proper solution or mechanics that can be implemented in game do a suggestion thread like what justg did on game update he ask the community on what they want in game to happen have a massive voting system on what's good for the game and based on people's suggestions sts would brainstorm and pick the best solution for the game.

Sasamon
07-21-2016, 11:47 AM

I really don't know why the hell he dont got banned yet.

Intous
07-21-2016, 12:44 PM
I really don't know why the hell he dont got banned yet.

Because that video is not enough proof, if StS bans him and he's legit, it'd be really bad, things could get ugly.

Zeus
07-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Because that video is not enough proof, if StS bans him and he's legit, it'd be really bad, things could get ugly.

Exactly, the skills are the same, however the movement is different. If you want to get someone scripting, you really need to take a look at their screen. Their skills will flicker because a script is repeating the action thousands of times per minute.

Intous
07-21-2016, 03:28 PM
Seriously o.o, wow, StS took action!!!!
Nice one STS, it's time to bring judgement upon those cheaters! !
Way to go guys!

Kriticality
07-21-2016, 03:47 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/ebc6a08371e118b38401331321bc2b30.png

Pyrogenie
07-21-2016, 04:05 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/ebc6a08371e118b38401331321bc2b30.png

Lmfao this ^

Zeus
07-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Seems like cusigma got a ban.

He didn't...it was the update. There's not enough proof to be banning someone based on a simple video. Furthermore, the person himself hasn't even got a chance to defend himself. Don't you think he deserves that chance?

Intous
07-21-2016, 08:35 PM
Well I'm not really sure what happened, hr may have not been banned just haven't logged after the update

Zylx
07-21-2016, 09:38 PM
He didn't...it was the update. There's not enough proof to be banning someone based on a simple video. Furthermore, the person himself hasn't even got a chance to defend himself. Don't you think he deserves that chance?

But how does one player have more than double the kills as the next-highest player for a very-easily-bottable stat leaderboard and not be using any bot programs? If cusigma doesnt bot, then no one in AL bots. How could a human work more than twice as fast as a computer? It doesnt make sense. Combine that with a video of more than 4 minutes of continuous wall-running and skill spamming in a strange pattern... if it looks like a duck, and if it quacks like a duck, then isnt it a duck?

Safiras
07-21-2016, 09:47 PM
But how does one player have more than double the kills as the next-highest player for a very-easily-bottable stat leaderboard and not be using any bot programs? If cusigma doesnt bot, then no one in AL bots. How could a human work more than twice as fast as a computer? It doesnt make sense. Combine that with a video of more than 4 minutes of continuous wall-running and skill spamming in a strange pattern... if it looks like a duck, and if it quacks like a duck, then isnt it a duck?

Galileo, Copernicus and other prominent astronomers were once censured by the Church for proposing that the Earth revolved around the Sun and was not, as the prevailing theory asserted, at the centre of the universe. So if the people who give names to the animals tell you that the duck is not a duck, there is nothing you can do about it till they eventually convince themselves.

Intous
07-21-2016, 10:54 PM
Galileo, Copernicus and other prominent astronomers were once censured by the Church for proposing that the Earth revolved around the Sun and was not, as the prevailing theory asserted, at the centre of the universe. So if the people who give names to the animals tell you that the duck is not a duck, there is nothing you can do about it till they eventually convince themselves.

Maybe Copernicus, Galileo, and the other prominent astronomers should at least try to convince the church that that Earth revolves around the Sun.

omgcrit
07-22-2016, 12:09 AM
I think removing the lb will solve alot of problems. However I think that there are a lot of legit players on lb, it would be sad to see them get removed, all that effort to get to lb is astonishing and to see it all gone is so inhumane. That is why I dont want sts to remove the lb it would cause chaos and ppl would quit. Furthermore I want to address that sts needs to play an active roll to ban lb abusers. If they dont eventually lb will be abnormal.

Iliketolol
07-22-2016, 01:39 AM
Defend, cmmon bro we both know you're smart enough to understand whats going on in video and how this guy has 10m+ kills.

There is literally nothing to defend, anything said otherwise would be just stupid and waste of time.

Anyways i think sts give zero **** about game, tbh idgaf too am no lb runner...

But i just feel a little bad for legitimate players who farm their asses off to get on top, while these stupid no life scums just get there automatically.. Botting is very efficient in ctf also one guy i know can farm upto 4k kills per hour.

Gaviinn
07-22-2016, 03:49 AM
Sts always does as in goblin event

xxalivexx
07-22-2016, 03:16 PM
Yes i agree with Msleo i see her everytime in kraggs entrance, mostly standing there but ay u never know whats happeneing in rl but ya its obvious who are bot farming in pve by the boost in their kills, like cusigma, i quit for 3 months and he had like 3.7m kills, not sure if they were legit kills but i came back and he had over 10m kills, i was suprised, didnt think of bot farming at all til i seen a video on youtube showing him in kragg castle killing mobs from tombs or whatever he was doing, but any form of cheating should be banned hands down, i like pve and i wanna hit the pve board one day but with all the cheating it gets stressful because im thinking im gonna need more and more kills than i already plan on getting, 217k kills and counting, Ty Msleo for bringing this topic up.

Ardbeg
07-22-2016, 06:45 PM

The church eventually excused to Galileo a few hundred years later after a looong investigation:

Though the Pope acknowledged that the Church had done Galileo a wrong, he said the 17th-century theologians were working with the knowledge available to them at the time.

Safiras
07-22-2016, 07:01 PM
The church eventually excused to Galileo a few hundred years later after a looong investigation:

Though the Pope acknowledged that the Church had done Galileo a wrong, he said the 17th-century theologians were working with the knowledge available to them at the time.

Thank you Ardbeg for being able to see the point I was making :)

leoakre
07-23-2016, 10:29 AM
People will most likely acuse others of botting or whatever, but there are legit pvers on that lb. Just because they have a lot of kills does NOT mean they bot/run a script. I personally take great pride in my kills (on lb!) And I don't care what people say about my kill count, it's 100% legit and I know it and that's all that counts.

I take great pride in my kills too! It's not easy keeping up with players who cheat! It is extremely frustrating to witness their 24/7 in and out of tombs or story token quest because no one player can sit continually 24/7 never stopping to take care of life! Everytime you log in there they are still going in, out and repeat!!

leoakre
07-23-2016, 10:48 AM
Thank you Ardbeg for being able to see the point I was making :)

So funny safyboo!!

:)

lucaskane2480
07-23-2016, 01:15 PM
Yes i agree with Msleo i see her everytime in kraggs entrance, mostly standing there but ay u never know whats happeneing in rl but ya its obvious who are bot farming in pve by the boost in their kills, like cusigma, i quit for 3 months and he had like 3.7m kills, not sure if they were legit kills but i came back and he had over 10m kills, i was suprised, didnt think of bot farming at all til i seen a video on youtube showing him in kragg castle killing mobs from tombs or whatever he was doing, but any form of cheating should be banned hands down, i like pve and i wanna hit the pve board one day but with all the cheating it gets stressful because im thinking im gonna need more and more kills than i already plan on getting, 217k kills and counting, Ty Msleo for bringing this topic up. 3 months? Lol cusigma hasnt had 3.7m since season 5. It took him a while to get 10m

Iliketolol
07-23-2016, 01:59 PM
Well his stats are wiped now, zero kills zero deaths. All this botting for nothing xD

Safiras
07-23-2016, 10:25 PM
I spy with my little eye

A cusigma fanlet

Cut off one head... two more shall take its place.

Heil Cusigma.

Visiting
07-23-2016, 10:39 PM
End the cheaterboard.

Zylx
07-23-2016, 10:49 PM
End the cheaterboard.

#PullTheCordOnTheCheaterboard

leoakre
07-23-2016, 10:52 PM

Just pull the cheaters off the board :)

Kingofninjas
07-24-2016, 02:10 AM
No leaderboard requires any skill or signifies any skill in game except timed run lb. Just get rid of them.

#EndTheCheaterboard

boljackz
07-24-2016, 04:02 PM
just remove the botters and dummy farmers in LB and get thier banners back and i like the idea of separating hte end game and twinks in lb

boljackz
07-29-2016, 02:34 AM
remove the twinks in LB.. leader board should be available only for end game toon.. most botters and dummy farmers belongs to twink

latoz
07-29-2016, 07:49 AM
Those op kdr (like Lv1-10 most of em are dummy farmers) must be clean (back go zero kdr and remove all LB banners)

Apologizing
07-29-2016, 11:37 AM
3 months? Lol cusigma hasnt had 3.7m since season 5. It took him a while to get 10m

He was clearly bot farming, many noticed, but i can tell by your post that was sarcasm.

Deacon Barton-Cootes
07-30-2016, 04:55 AM
I agree mate. I caught iovestars red handed in lv 6 PvP bottling I sent friends request to him from my level 56 he accepted, I went on to my lv7 and had all my level 56 friends on my lvl 7 friends list. I recorded iovestars ss his before and after kills. I ended the room he gained 10k kills in 1 room. I reported him sts did nothing. Now iovestars is on lb sitting on 75k CTF kills.

I'm also glad to finally see cusigma gone from the pve kills too, DM cheaters at its finest

Ninthplague
07-31-2016, 05:04 AM
Wow I didnt know there were bot programs for AL, I should have used that to get the warmonger title, lol

IgnBadass
07-31-2016, 02:04 PM
I also have a mage on pve lb and a rogue on ctf lb, using auto clicker. What u wanna do now sts?

Twerk
07-31-2016, 05:38 PM
According to fact that I got warnings after my threads of rogue and mage dummyfarming on Lb I won't give the exact names here but I would be up to to just check in system how many times those PVP LB players killed same targets in maps? If someone killed single random named rogue 40k times that might look suspicious, isn't it?

IgnBadass
07-31-2016, 05:55 PM
i know a warrior with 70k+ deaths and absolute zero kills (ctf) ^.^ engame

Ninthplague
07-31-2016, 06:09 PM
If this is going on for years and STS does not make a move against it I think they dont consider this as cheating. Why dont we all promote botting from now on and lets see what STS's move will be.

Dogma
07-31-2016, 09:42 PM
Agreed. People who don't play the game fair should not be playing at all.

Energizeric
07-31-2016, 11:06 PM
I also would like to see STS do more about this. To begin with, there are not that many players on the leaderboard. You basically have CTF kills (75 players), TDM Kills (75 players), PvE Kills (75 players) and Top Players (75 players). And many of the players on these 4 leaderboards are on more than one. So the total will be considerably less than 300 players, I would guess probably around 100-150.

The other leaderboards, which are timed runs and flags, there is no way to bot or cheat your way to these. For the 100-150 players on the leaderboards, STS should do a quick review of those accounts at the end of each season and determine if any botting or other cheating took place, and then wipe the stats from any guilty players. Nobody who cheats should get a banner.

Faliziaga
08-01-2016, 02:08 AM
I also would like to see STS do more about this. To begin with, there are not that many players on the leaderboard. You basically have CTF kills (75 players), TDM Kills (75 players), PvE Kills (75 players) and Top Players (75 players). And many of the players on these 4 leaderboards are on more than one. So the total will be considerably less than 300 players, I would guess probably around 100-150.

The other leaderboards, which are timed runs and flags, there is no way to bot or cheat your way to these. For the 100-150 players on the leaderboards, STS should do a quick review of those accounts at the end of each season and determine if any botting or other cheating took place, and then wipe the stats from any guilty players. Nobody who cheats should get a banner.

I doubt whether there are no ways of cheating in timed runs or flags and I agree that no banner should be granted to any cheater on the lb. We might need to define where cheating starts and to me it's any modification of the originally intended gameplay.

Zylx
08-01-2016, 05:56 AM

Because im sure autopotting and macro-keyed skill combinations never really happen.

It's best to either demolish that glamorized piece of virtual cardboard, or not give anything at all to anyone to feed their cheating egos

reiewaun
08-01-2016, 07:24 AM
I doubt whether there are no ways of cheating in timed runs or flags and I agree that no banner should be granted to any cheater on the lb. We might need to define where cheating starts and to me it's any modification of the originally intended gameplay.

Timed run and flags cannot be cheated

stricker20000
08-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Timed run and flags cannot be cheated

Are you sure?...:smiley_simmons:

stricker20000
08-01-2016, 02:39 PM

You don't need to check all players... just those 75 on pve kill LB e.g.

stricker20000
08-01-2016, 02:50 PM
sometimes it would be nice to check all..

u forget people can get alts and farm stuff like km3, developers might nott think much of it but most updates are ruined faster for PvEers because of botters...

I would explain but I'm sure the forums is mature enough to understand that XD

Indeed. Bot farmers are a pain the ...

reiewaun
08-02-2016, 03:20 AM
he is sure, either misinformed or trying to misinform lels

I won't spit toxic around, but kiddo if u have proof of that post it,I 2 years in this game, u might wanna explain us how those can be cheated zzzz

Kingzila
08-02-2016, 03:48 AM

Hahaha, that you acutely think removing PC compatibility would stop botting outright shows how dated your understanding of current tech is, & not only that but why the hell would any company narrow there player base & money stream for a leaderboard botting? No one that's who, because it's stupid to even think about doing something of that magnitude for something as stupid as a few botting acc's that trigger people who can't handle the fact that someone's beating them. But I digress.

Glad someone here understand the basic's lol

stricker20000
08-02-2016, 06:26 AM
I won't spit toxic around, but kiddo if u have proof of that post it,I 2 years in this game, u might wanna explain us how those can be cheated zzzz

Im in this game since it exists. We have a proof? no. If we had the proof we could as well ban those or ban ourselves by doing it and posting it. There definitely are things like Auto-pot and Skill-makros... Not bad if you never ever have to use pots, isn't it?

Zylx
08-02-2016, 12:02 PM

I wont call out names, but there is a youtube video out there of some pretty well-known names timing arena. If you look closely, you can see that the mana does not actually drop, and the skill cooldowns are nullified because of the macro activating skills faster than the client percieves it.

There are also videos of a certain elite runner running maps with the same exact movements, skill timing, and everything.

So there are more things to bot than just kills. Flags can just be dummied. People arent playing ctf, they're playing "you can kill those people and ill flag to 4 and leave"

We just need to demolish the leaderboard.

latoz
08-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Pro dummy

Energizeric
08-04-2016, 02:39 AM
We just need to demolish the leaderboard.

I can't speak for others, but the leaderboards is one of the things I most enjoy about AL. I work really hard and play many hours, and over the years I've earned 6 leaderboard banners, 4 for "Top Player", 1 for CTF Flags, and 1 for TDM Kills. I have never cheated even for one kill, and I'm proud of those banners.

If people are cheating, then STS should ban them. Yes, there will always be ways for someone to game the system. But if there is a penalty to pay if you are caught, then people may think twice before doing it. The big problem here is that at no time has STS openly said that farming kills is an offense you will get banned for.

Every time I log on, there is a little notice warning me not to give anyone my email or password. If there was a notice under that one that those cheating, botting or farming kills will be banned, then that would go a long way to reducing the number of cheaters.

konafez
08-04-2016, 04:29 AM
Getting rid of botters is like trying to get rid of roaches.. you can't yell at them to leave and expect anything to happen.. you have to spray to get anything done

Now if you use the words "buy" and "Gold" in the same sentence you get a lifetime ban..and your device explodes..and a representative from sts comes to your house to kick your dog..

Now you think thay would be happy to apply some of that digital muscle to getting rid of players ho make it there lives work to cheet with every breath they take...

Ehhh..but what do I know..I'm just lookin for some cake

leoakre
08-04-2016, 05:18 AM
I can't speak for others, but the leaderboards is one of the things I most enjoy about AL. I work really hard and play many hours, and over the years I've earned 6 leaderboard banners, 4 for "Top Player", 1 for CTF Flags, and 1 for TDM Kills. I have never cheated even for one kill, and I'm proud of those banners.

If people are cheating, then STS should ban them. Yes, there will always be ways for someone to game the system. But if there is a penalty to pay if you are caught, then people may think twice before doing it. The big problem here is that at no time has STS openly said that farming kills is an offense you will get banned for.

Every time I log on, there is a little notice warning me not to give anyone my email or password. If there was a notice under that one that those cheating, botting or farming kills will be banned, then that would go a long way to reducing the number of cheaters.

Agreed!

I enjoy the leader boards in AL also and have put in my due diligence to get there since Season 1. It would be a shame to completely wipe or remove the leader boards as many long time players who have worked hard to earn banners would most likely view that as a betrayal by sts of many years of effort put into the game ... it would be just as much of a betrayal of all that hard work as leaving the cheaters on the LB.

The LB unfortunately promotes cheating, but it also promotes fun and rewarding competition between players, and to remove one of the main goals of the game would take away the motivation of many players who strive to earn (and maintain) their positions, therefore removing the motivation to actually continue playing the game!

Why not remove the Super Bowl from football or the World Cup from soccer...hell, let's go ahead and ask All the competitive sports and gaming industries to remove their ultimate titles and prizes! There are cheaters everywhere in life but when they are accused or get caught then there are harsh consequences. Football players take steroids, poker players count cards, video gamers bot... if there are harsh penalties for those who cheat maybe it would deter the rate of recidivism amongst all who play any game competitively.

Strange how most who agree to remove the LB are not even on the LB, or even seem to care to be on the LB...

Faliziaga
08-04-2016, 09:44 AM
In fact, leaderboard has been unfair since season 1, because it hasn't been resetted and Canadian and Australian people from closed beta have had an advantage over the rest and it was hard/almost impossible to make it to the top. And people have asked to reset lb every season to give others a chance to compete, but nothing has changed. 5-10k flags aps are kinda ridiculous, but in my opinion that doesn't justify to dummy/block room run them, only because others on lb might have done that.
I am on leaderboard from 1-4, 8 (I quit al in between), I even got a season 1 pve kills banner, I liked the competition, none of my kill is botted, every pvp stat legitimately played and every flag is captured in a ctf game as it is meant to be played, since I am only Pveing atm I think I will be never get the 5k and 10 k flags. If STS is not able to remove cheaters from lb, then lb is a joke for me, when it makes ppl dummy/bot farm/script to be/stay on lb, it doesn't mean anything than being suspected of cheating and I wouldn't mind if leaderboards were removed.

Zylx
08-04-2016, 10:28 AM

To be honest, the leaderboards in their current state bring nothing but drama. Lack of action on STS' part has caused the LB to be a free-for-all "who can bot faster". I appreciate them for resetting Cusigma's kills but what about everyone else on the LB?

Botting programs are really hard to distinguish in solo playthroughs, and even harder to prove. Rather than causing the headache of who's legit and who's not, the seasonal leaderboards need to go. The event leaderboards however can stay as they are actually impossible to bot.

Sadly, the botters have lowered my sense of respect for the leaderboards. I dont respect anyone i dont personally know. Sure there may be totally legitimate players, but they are overshadowed by people who take advantage of technology to get ahead. And with this, drama ensues because no one should have to compete with a computer program.

So there either needs to be an effective way to detect the presence of a botting program and ban the offender, or just remove the cheaterboard altogether. Because the leaderboards cause more trouble than they're worth.

Zylx
08-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Sometimes what seems right to us isn't the correct path to take in the eyes of others.

Removing leaderboards will 100% make sure the core endgame farmers who have been playing legitimately and tirelessly from day one(or two or three...) will stop playing the game after the primary reason of them playing is removed. I do nott want that to happen, in my opinion this could ensure the death if the game.

It's either the players will eat away at each other and grow resentment among the botters and with STS and the game becomes a haven for macros and AI labor, STS removes the leaderboard altogether and relinquishes the problem as well as awake disinterest from everyone who enjoys seeing their name on a glorified piece of virtual cardboard, or STS finds someway to detect the presence of them and bans anyone who uses them. The only method without sacrificing anything would be the latter. The first creating a toxic community and the second creating disinterest not only for botters but for a slight handful of legit players.

Just because you don't personally know Mahatma Gandhi means you don't respect him? That's what you imply when you say "I don't respect anyone whom I don't know personally", unless you have a time machine I'm guessing you don't have respect for many of the historical figures whom we read sagas about.

Perhaps you misinterpreted, and perhaps i didnt quite make the context clear. I respect Gandhi as a wise philosopher, and i respect numerous historical figures for all of their contributions that has made the world the way it is today. And you are comparing them to people who are taking advantage of technology to fraudulently surpass people behind closed doors in an online game?

Your short breaks from game mean you forget one important thing, the biggest loss to this game due to botters is the economy. All the hard working farmers have their work cut out for them just because these botters only get the Es-tea-es rollback hammer for their kills, what about the thousands of millions of gold these botters are making? how will abolishing pvp solve that?

Whoa whoa whoa, hold up there slick. Who said anything about abolishing PvP? I have never said that. The leaderboard is a medium for cheaters. Its a piece of candy in a bowl of broccoli. Some people would plow right through to get the candy, some people would eat their way to the candy, and others enjoy eating the broccoli. The people who reach straight for the candy are going to be despised by the people who worked to eat their way to it. The same goes here. There is no competition between bots and humans. Its human vs human and bots vs bots. When you force bots and humans to compete against each other, you grow a toxic community out of an unfair string of deception and rage. People dont bot to farm gold or items, since the loot is randomly dropped. Whatever they do happen to blindly walk on happens while they are botting for the Lb.

I see only a bleak future for the game and the community when I try to imagine a game without a LBR.

I see a toxic future for the game and community if things keep going the way they are. The game wont be destroyed without a leaderboard. 90% of AL play the game recreationally to have fun with other players. There are people who enjoy creating and growing their wealth, people who enjoy killing other players in pvp, people who enjoy farming, and people who enjoy socializing. There is a reason why the leaderboards dont have much of diversity. Most people don't care to be on the LB, but are angered that players are claiming to be legit but are cheating to be recognized for what they dont rightfully deserve.

My responses are bolded.

Zylx
08-05-2016, 12:50 AM
Paragraph 1. I think you forget how big AL as a game is, the botters really aren't an army they consist of maybe 5% of the community(or 10 I was never too good with speculative numbers), this "glorious piece of virtual" cardboard as a you so sensitively put it might nott mean a lot to you but it does mean a lot to other people. It gives people who aren't on it to have something to aim for, some kind of goal that they might want to achieve in a couple of years(or hundred, in my case atleast x)). Today's generation is all about experiences and less about the materialistic gains that they make throughout their lifetime(or lifetimes depending upon your religious and aesthetic beliefs) and this LBR is a perfect example of such an axiom.

Para 2. Perhaps I didn't misinterpret and wanted to give you an example of how you don't need to know someone personally to respect them. When you compare the people who put in hard work and real life money into this game to keep it alive to the people who leech money off of this(hello, hi RWTers) and people who set up scripts to make money or get on the "virtual piece of cardboard" I think you do nott know what you speak of. That being said, one doesn't need to personally know most of the well known forumers to deign want kind of person they are, there are some forumers I respect just by reading their forum posts, don't even have to speak them one on one. Then there are those forumers I don't respect, but less about that. I think I've made my point pretty clear here >:)

Paragraph 3. Christopher Paolini, one of my favourite authors has this quote in his book "It's not about the goal it's about the journey." this is an ideology and everyone perceives the work in a different way.

You stray from the point, it is nott so difficult to trigger and monitor bots, it's just a very parsimonious task. maps like km3- the previous jarl event are easily botted any layman can do it.Whereas tasks like the dropping of Arcane chests in Dead city isn't so easy and little things like this shows us how STS has realised they have a problem and are trying to combat it :P

It isn't the leaderboard that makes it toxic, it's the people. Since we are talking about toxic communities there is notthing more toxic than the PvP or the timed runs leaderboard. PvP is toxic all in all don't even need a leaderboard to make it toxic. Class LBRs aren't so easily botted, the only field probably bottable in these lbr is the PvE kills.

One last time, how will abolishing LBR solve the issue of botters farming maps like km3 etc? You are overlooking how much the avid farmers get deprived off because of botters who ruin the market of newly released items.

Again, you might be in denial if you think "90% of AL play the game recreationally to have fun with other players.", we are in the same merch groups and we both know how many people sell/buy gold/accounts and what nott. Who are you to say who and who doesn't deserve a spot on the LBR? Most of the top LBR people who have been playing since s1 are probably the richest and the most social people on the game. I see some of these people who "enjoy killing people in PvP" in PvP section and I'm just glad I only PvP once or twice a year.

So rather than playing pingpong with our conflicting views on the leaderboard, i am just going to say that i disagree with what you said.

On the topic of respect, perhaps i need to be even clearer. "Personally" probably wasnt the correct adverb to use. I'm virtually indifferent. I don't appreciate or admire anyone because their name is listed in shining lights, which is who we are quarrelling back and forth over. Comparing faceless names to historical figures in terms of who we respect is also risible. Respect is an earned, not a given. I dont respect strangers and i dont falsely profess that i respect them to make myself seem like a good person.

Also, you cant compare RWTing to Botting and question how i can explain what is rectitudinous. One affects only those involved with poor decision making, the other affects everyone.

leoakre
08-05-2016, 03:35 AM
Lolololol

Nicely said Avikk...totally agree! Too many players just want want want without putting in the time or effort without paying their dues along the way.

I still don't understand why people who are not on the LB, nor openly care about being on the LB feel the need to voice such strong opinions about removing the defining 'glorious piece of virtual card board' from the game!!

The leader boards serve an important purpose in the game, they just need to be vetted much more carefully in order to ensure the integrity of our online community.

It is not right to punish the players who have earned their spots on the LB honestly just because a select few selfish, spoiled, unconscionable players suffering from a severe case of the ' gimme gimme with no effort' disease decide to behave badly with poor sportsmanship! Sts should just go ahead and identify these offenders, warn, ban or nuke them all to be done with a problem that has plagued our community for at least 7 seasons!

It's not the LB that creates the drama in the game, it's all the players who think they deserve whatever they want whenever they want with no time or effort to get there!!

Society has done our world no favors by allowing the 'growing but not yet matured' psyches of this generation to stall and vegetate in an already overflowing and stagnant pool of entitlement!

aneshsinghblu
08-05-2016, 05:11 AM
some ppl should just stay retired

don't like what you see. . just walk away.
lb should only be deleted if it can be proven that every single person on it has cheated in some way.
even if just one or two is there the legit way. . its their right to have a lb . . they worked hard and they deserve that recognition .
btw I'm not on the lb

Zylx
08-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Moving onto the rather ill informed opinion of yours, both RWT and botting go hand in hand. Both are crimes in and out of this "virtual cardboard world" as you so sensitively put it. Both see the hard work of virtuous farmer or player. Both eat away from the pockets of our developers, if the developers loose money guess what happens to the game. Actually both affect everyone, just think about it. Remember all those warriors we saw in taverns? Guess who was making them? Some RWTer site owner(s). I speak from 12 years of experience playing MMORPGS, I do nott think you can even boast of half of that experience, and even if you did I wouldn't believe it anyone who has played for so long should understand the nuances and mechanics of RPGs. Atleast the basic ones. Nott being rude, just stating facts as compared to your opinions.

I dont have "12 years of experience playing MMORPGs", nor do i care, nor do i need to in order to conclude that there is a huge difference between real world trading and botting. It's common sense, which apparently you lack. People who are botting the leaderboard are taking rewards away from people who are striving to catch up, and they are fooling everyone into thinking they have a lot of genuine experience. People who are rwting are making themselves susceptible to getting scammed. This happens under-the-table, and it has absolutely no impact on anything in the mainstream community. Botting is more damaging to the community than RWTing.

Arachnophobik
08-05-2016, 11:40 AM
I'm gunna comment here and act like I'm smart and right. People will read my long response because people love reading those, I'm gunna type in words I'm not even sure what it means, but hey if it sounds smart, why dahell not. I'm gunna comment about Arianna Ghandi or some famous Philosopher, like Heath Ledger on the Dark Knight, references will make me look even smarter. I'm also gunna mention more references, like books, or magazines, like Cosmopolitan and Vanity Fair. I will talk about PVP and LB too, because that is what gets people's attention. I have 30 years experience in MMORPGs out of the 20 years I've lived, people will definitely believe me, and of course people will believe I still have a life. I'm gunna type in Bold text because it sounds stronger and louder, hell yeah, check this out Small Small, see the difference? I am going to defend the virtual bulletin board in game, because I like to see how many people have lost their lives and haven't been contact in reality. But I also want it to be gone, cuz its no fun when people get to bot and get to the LB, what's the point? People should not be allowed to choose both game and reality, I know tons of people who got broke in real life trying to get rich in game. I would love to be in the leaderboard, respected by people I do not know, specially on the top 10 because nobody really reads 'till 50 unless they're looking for a dead soul.

nightmaresmoke
08-05-2016, 11:43 AM
I'm gunna comment here and act like I'm smart and right. People will read my long response because people love reading those, I'm gunna type in words I'm not even sure what it means, but hey if it sounds smart, why dahell not. I'm gunna comment about Arianna Ghandi or some famous Philosopher, like Heath Ledger on the Dark Knight, references will make me look even smarter. I'm also gunna mention more references, like books, or magazines, like Cosmopolitan and Vanity Fair. I will talk about PVP and LB too, because that is what gets people's attention. I have 30 years experience in MMORPGs out of the 20 years I've lived, people will definitely believe me, and of course people will believe I still have a life. I'm gunna type in Bold text because it sounds stronger and louder, hell yeah, check this out Small Small, see the difference? I am going to defend the virtual bulletin board in game, because I like to see how many people have lost their lives and haven't been contact in reality. But I also want it to be gone, cuz its no fun when people get to bot and get to the LB, what's the point? People should not be allowed to choose both game and reality, I know tons of people who got broke in real life trying to get rich in game. I would love to be in the leaderboard, respected by people I do not know, specially on the top 10 because nobody really reads 'till 50 unless they're looking for a dead soul.
Hahaha nailed it

Justg
08-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Gonna close this one down as it seems to be attracting drama.

We understand the issues and will come up with a plan for them. We'll definitely be discussing with the community as the time draws nearer.

Thanks,

- g