PDA

View Full Version : Leech Tick Count?

IBNobody
09-04-2011, 05:04 AM
Can I please have independent corroboration?

I witnessed today that Leech gave 4 healing ticks now instead of the advertised 3.

Tried it on the Dynastar guys and on the dogs on Numa Prime

noneo
09-04-2011, 09:23 AM
I'll try it later today. Sounds interesting..

thequickone
09-07-2011, 08:07 PM
I tested and confirmed 4 ticks for Leech last night. I also recall a statement from STS regarding Wither and Leech being modified to tick both immediately when cast and then every 2 seconds to the max time of the skill. If correct, this would produce 6 ticks for Wither and 4 ticks for Leech.

EDIT: Found it. The statement about the changes made to Wither and Leech was made by Sam in response to a bug report on Wither and Leech.

Teddyache
09-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Is leech worth respecing out of protection for? I'm happy with 1 force shield and three points in suppression, but what about wither and pain versus leech? I have 1 in pain and none in wither at the moment. I've seen other threads recommend leech over wither due to the healing bonus, but I'm light on pain since I opted for a few in suppression on my last respec. Thoughts?

thequickone
09-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Is leech worth respecing out of protection for? I'm happy with 1 force shield and three points in suppression, but what about wither and pain versus leech? I have 1 in pain and none in wither at the moment. I've seen other threads recommend leech over wither due to the healing bonus, but I'm light on pain since I opted for a few in suppression on my last respec. Thoughts?
Do you really like Suppression? If you're not attached to it, I suggest you pull all skill points from that and Protection (leave one if you want the placebo effect) and split them to whatever else you want. Leave one point in Pain, just for the freeze. Opinion seems split regarding Wither vs. Leech, but I think Wither is your better bet. You already have your heal-bombs in Empathy and Transference, so a tiny bit (and it is tiny) from Leech is hardly noticeable. In fact, whenever I use Leech, I am typically already at full health due to Empathy, and the HP gain from Leech does nothing.

There are some really great Engineer build threads (Katsumi, ATTACK, UBER, PEACE), be sure to check them out.

Teddyache
09-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Thanks. I read through the skills discussion threads and decided to respec this morning. I'm out of protection and suppression completely and moved 4 into wither and 5 into leech. I think the level cap is going up next week so I will try them out now in advance of a hopefully new skill that comes with the release. I have a feeling that in the long run I will want only wither or leech, not both, but there needs to be something else worth getting before I respec again...

Anyway, I appreciate the info and feedback in all these threads! Keep up the good work ladies and gents!