PDA

View Full Version : New Color for AO2 and Future.

Iseldis
06-21-2010, 03:38 AM
In regards to the *hopefully* soon to come Auction House, and that fact that prices will fall harshly, and nothing will stay high. This is why I believe there should be a new color, that is actually rare, (If you think pinks are rare you don't know what you're talking about).

This color would have 12 items every expansion. Four for enchantresses, four for warriors, and four for archers. They would be a one handed weapon, a helm, a plate, and a shield.

The color itself isn't really important, Blue, Red, or Turquise could work, but isn't really relevant.

The drop rate would need to be low. 1/X to get the color itself, then 1/12 to choose which piece, if I'm correct in thinking the drops are based on a system similar to dice rolls, this should work. 'X' could be anything from 100-1000, depending on whether you want it to be available to casual players, or just players who are hardcore. (and have no life lol) I'd suggest around 250, making it quite rare, but not impossible.

Just a suggestion, and thank you for reading, Iseldis.

PS. These Items would have stats slightly above the best pink available in the expansion, making it wanted by players, yet not insanely overpowered.

PPS. If it's not possible to do a chance of the color and then a chance of the item, then the chance of the color could be multiplied by 12, and give a 1/X chance equal to that for each item.

PPPS. I'm pretty sure rares are only dropped by bosses, so yes, the drop rates are for the bosses.

Interim7
06-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Yep -- 0.05~0.2% drop rate on items? I'd be in for that. They might even be set apart by imbuing special abilities! Like, say, +5% run speed, or extra exp/gold gain, just for the fun of it.

The colour should be gold... or perhaps beige.

Honestly, what I really want to see is items that can only be acquired by actually doing something -- whether it be a 100-floor gauntlet of doom, or a simple fetch quest. I enjoy having the option of actually knowing I'll get something at the end of hard work.

Iseldis
06-21-2010, 04:00 AM
A Chance of getting something is much more addicting, since you will want to play till you get it, and you don't know when, if you know when you can get it, you won't work as hard, since it's gurrenteed, PL will have more gameplay if it's randomized.

Interim7
06-21-2010, 04:03 AM
Hm... 0.004%?

Might wanna think about that for a second. At 1%, you need to kill one-hundred to get the item, theoretically. At 0.1%, you need to kill one-thousand. At 0.01%, you need to kill ten-thousand.

Do you REALLY want to kill FORTY-thousand enemies to have a 1-in-12 chance at getting the item you want? Look again at your kill-count, and answer me seriously. =D

Of course... I may have got my maths wrong.

Iseldis
06-21-2010, 04:05 AM
Naw I did my math wrong, which is why I deleted that post. It's actually .4 : P

Interim7
06-21-2010, 04:08 AM
Hah, yeah, that's probably more realistic.

Regardless of the maths involved (I'm certain it's more than 40,000 anyway), I like this idea. I come from a Ragnarok Online background, and the idea of low drop-rates gets me all excited. =P

Iseldis
06-21-2010, 04:12 AM
It'll be 1/250 for the color and 1/3000 for a certain one.

King Richie
06-21-2010, 04:23 AM
Yeah just bring out RED drops =) that would be cool !