PDA

View Full Version : Which of these sets would you choose?

Ellyidol
09-05-2011, 03:34 AM
I'm trying to understand why the Strongman's series is the str set versus the Big Top series.

So far, the current sets are:

Str - Strongman's
Dex - Obedience
Int - Charmin'

In an effort to do so, I want to know which of the 6 sets you prefer (Str/Dex/Int). I'll start:

What set would you choose in each stat (Str/Dex/Int) without counting in set bonuses? Just purely from the stats of the set alone.

Str - Big Top - Hit % and Dodge %, that's all.

Dex - Obedience - Higher crit %, higher damage.

Int - Charmin' - Higher damage, higher armour.

I would have made this a poll (not sure how either), but you could have only chosen one.

So far, the Dex/Int sets seem to be right, the set bonus went to the more superior set. In my opinion though, the strength set didn't go to the superior set. I'm trying to understand why, in need of your opinions as well.

Thanks!

NECROREAPER
09-05-2011, 03:50 AM
If I had to choose one based on stats alone, I would go for the Int set, but since Im a bear I don't really have a choice :/

And again it seems that we got the short end of the stick :(

Ellyidol
09-05-2011, 03:54 AM
I mean what would you choose in each stat? :p you have three choices. Haha.

What would you choose in dex? Obedience or Mimicry?

Int? Charmin or Nuri's?

Str? Strongman's or Big Top?

:)

Riccits
09-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Int and Dex: Obedience and Charmin seems best without question

Strongman or Big Top? Hmm... Strongman has more armor and dmg, missing 1% dogde of Big Top and 3% hit a piece. Really hard to say... dmg in average would be almost the same due to more hit % of Big Top.
If both would have a set bonus i would opt to Strongman probably, bcz i woudnt miss the 1% dogde, but have more armor and dmg. For the hit% i cant say how much i will miss just so...

Moogerfooger
09-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Obedience for dex. No set bonus and less crit for Mimicry.

Shadowie
09-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Not sure what u r looking at. All set are for different play style. But if base on boss, i say the dex set. Although still not sure the comparision of custom to that when come to murder of boss.

Ellyidol
09-05-2011, 04:40 AM
Not sure what u r looking at. All set are for different play style. But if base on boss, i say the dex set. Although still not sure the comparision of custom to that when come to murder of boss.

Int and dex sets do not differ on playstyle, one series is just plainly better than the other.

That's what I don't get. They make the dex/int sets very easy to distinguish which series to choose (not counting in set bonus), but for str give two slightly opposite sets, and give the set bonus to the least useful, IMO.

Even without a set bonus, isn't the obedience series better than mimicry? Isn't charmin better than Nuri's?

Tetraeder
09-05-2011, 05:12 AM
I would go for the sets with set bonus.
In my opinion they are only with sparkles real and awesome sets.

str - Strongman
dex - Obedience
int - Charmin

(sorry for my english, its not my native language)

Ellyidol
09-05-2011, 05:15 AM
My bad, worded the question quite badly. What I'm interested to know is what set would you choose if there were no set bonuses.

Moogerfooger
09-05-2011, 05:28 AM
I would still pick Obedience for dex, because it has +3 crit, +4 I think if dagger/shield :)

Ellyidol
09-05-2011, 05:39 AM
I would still pick Obedience for dex, because it has +3 crit, +4 I think if dagger/shield :)

Exactly, and still Charmin' for int because of that +1 armour and +1 damage on each piece (I think).

But for a Strongman's versus Big Top (no set bonus), I think the Big Top would be better, my opinion. So I don't see the consistency, they gave the better dex/int sets the set bonus, but not the str?

KhaosAngel
09-05-2011, 08:23 AM
I have agreed with you on this b4-and I do again- The Big Top Armor will be the one I use-werther it gets set bonus or not
Int-Charmin
Dex-Obedience

Ellyidol
09-05-2011, 08:59 AM
I have agreed with you on this b4-and I do again- The Big Top Armor will be the one I use-werther it gets set bonus or not

Cha-ching. Spot on.

Conradin
09-05-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm going obedience dagger and wing. It will pwn.

pastrychef
09-06-2011, 02:33 AM
For str, Glyph of Big Top is better without question.

xenotec
09-06-2011, 04:00 AM
I would go for Glyph of Big Top (hope this becomes the str set, which I think it should be IMO). I rather dodge, than taking massive hits from the bosses, especially from new Mt. Fang map due to be released soon (is this elite dungeon?).

Ellyidol
09-06-2011, 05:15 AM
I would go for Glyph of Big Top (hope this becomes the str set, which I think it should be IMO). I rather dodge, than taking massive hits from the bosses, especially from new Mt. Fang map due to be released soon (is this elite dungeon?).

I'm not exactly sure if it's an elite dungeon, but I think so.

In the same way, I would rather Hit % than Damage too.

WhoIsThis
09-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Under the circumstances, you may have to be dual spec. Use big top for tanking and obedience when in offensive mode.

Fortunately, prices for big top are dropping rapidly as word that it has no set bonus reaches the players. Obedience though remains expensive. I'd say for now, just use the big top you have, try to build the obedience set, and as a stop gap, where bows are needed, use 55 gear or the lower end 60 stuff.

Ellyidol
09-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Big Top is ready. Obedience is almost there! Helm and auto-bow needed, two of the most expensive and rare things. Lol.

WhoIsThis
09-06-2011, 10:13 AM
I've bought reluctant to buy until prices fall for that reason.

WJJ
09-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Big Top for sure. This set should definitely have the bonus. I hope they can change it.

Pakax
09-06-2011, 02:15 PM
I got the charmin set (staff) - perfect for attack mage

stealthyman
09-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Agreed