PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a guardian of alterra

Heyyoucooll
09-05-2011, 05:18 AM
Hey are there any requirements for this do i have to submit my name or something in sl its gandhi and in pl its thegandhi i have been real good about helping people out and being nice i hope im up for this it sounds very cool

Fatpigwarrior
09-05-2011, 06:49 AM
You won't get it if you ask....
Lots ask but none will get it.

Redbridge
09-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Hey there,

There are no specific requirements. STS award the GoA status to players who have not only gone above and beyond the call of duty, but also players who consistently show model behaviour which improves and promotes the community. It isn't just helping out in game, which many players do and which is one of the main things that makes the games so great. It's about going further than that and more about the way you do things and how you interact with people.

There's lots of very very worthy recipients who are still waiting for the award but STS have a policy of only awarding a couple of GoAs every 3-5 weeks. This help keeps the balance between the award being rare and uncommon, but ensures there's a reward for players who STS really appreciate having around. Clearly they is never enough GoA awards given out to reflect the number of amazing people who are to all intents and purposes are GoA's, but if you enjoy helping others then that's the reward. If players are only helping others to win a shield then it will be obvious, and simply won't happen. Just continue to enjoy the game and have some fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing who will be Star Guards in Star Legends as there are clearly some great players improving the community there, but as in PL there will never be enough awards to match the amount of amazingly selfless players.

In my opinion the real, and future Guardians/Guards, are the many players that are more than worthy of an award already, don't get it, but continue to do everything they do because they enjoy it.... Not because they chase a shield, but because they are truely LEET. They are the true future Guardians, major respect.

BodMaster
09-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks for that bud, iv'e always wondered about this but thought you will get your chance without even knowing you will become a Gardian/Guard (Also wasnt sure what the name for SL was goign to be)

Very informative peice, i wonder how you become a Guardain? ha :P

All joking aside another good read from yourself kind sir :)

Redbridge
09-05-2011, 09:52 AM
I wonder how you become a Guardain? ha :P

I seriously wonder too.... There's plenty of really amazing, helpful and considerate players out there...

Looking forward to the announcement of the first batch of Star Guards.

BodMaster
09-05-2011, 11:20 AM
I seriously wonder too.... There's plenty of really amazing, helpful and considerate players out there...

Only messing about you definitely deserve to be among the GoA.. i have the the greatest respect for the devs and Guradians that keep this a soley community related forum/game to be in :)

Looking forward to the announcement of the first batch of Star Guards.

It will be interesting to see who becomes GoB or SG? :D

Heyyoucooll
09-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Thnx red yeah i was just wondering if i had to put my name up for it or what also i do love helping people very much and that is good enough for me and what shield do you get i dont think sl has shields

Uzikrabd
09-06-2011, 12:08 AM
It sounds awesome but just think about all that flaming and trolling they get sometimes on forums when announced ive seen some of that, probly worst/most annoying part

themars
09-06-2011, 12:22 AM
People are just jealous, I dont know all the guardians but I know they deserved it and that's what matters

Uzikrabd
09-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah themars you are right lol

Redbridge
09-06-2011, 03:01 AM
Thnx red yeah i was just wondering if i had to put my name up for it or what also i do love helping people very much and that is good enough for me and what shield do you get i dont think sl has shields

No need to put your name forward, it would probably be the wrong thing to do. They are monitoring the game all the time so, although I'm not sure, I suspect they have a long list of all the current candidates for Guardians and regularly add to it when they come across someone new, or when someone recommends them. There is no shield currently, so can't wait to see what will be the design for the Star Guards award.

It sounds awesome but just think about all that flaming and trolling they get sometimes on forums when announced ive seen some of that, probly worst/most annoying part

It can be frustrating sometimes. As a Guardian, the things I find the most frustrating is that as soon as you wear the shield people assume your a walking bank for gear and gold, so I don't wear the shield very often at all. But, having said that, Guardians generally got their award not just through the way they help, assist and promote the community, but also they way they conduct themselves when things are a bit more testing. Something I pride myself on is diffusing those 'in towne' flaming sessions and turning a potential ban into a player who is learning and enjoying the game again.

Not everyone is on the forums and many don't know the rules/tricks and tips of the game, so spreading the word is also another big part. Does that make any sense? Feels like im waffling a little, oops. LOL

People are just jealous, I dont know all the guardians but I know they deserved it and that's what matters

Yep, agreed. They all deserved it, but as I've said before there are plenty more that deserve it too. I reckon STS are trying to ensure a balance between keeping the GoA status rare but making it achievable. I can think of at least 12 people in PL and another 6 in SL who I'd give the award to tomorrow but it's not my choice, and those players don't help the way they do for any award. They help out and act the way they do because that's just them, and the way they are naturally. I have major respect for them and the many other players who make this one of the best communities ever. Sweet.

/crikey I think I wrote a lot there. <O-O>

Orcish
09-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Add members for the Star Guard and leave the GoA as is IMO. Check out the Unguild, those players are the very essence of what a GoA is supposed to be. These folk are always the very first players to create strategies guides for the STS community when new content is released and they don't stop just because they have a shield and a title, so what does that tell ya? Not to down play player assistance but while helping a few people in game is great, creating knowledge tools for the masses does a lot more for the community.

Heyyoucooll
09-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Yeah im with you guys there are many nice people out there and many that deserve it i have never seen a guardian though i thought they were a new thing so that means there cant be many of them which makes even more harder and exclusive than i previously thought so yeah i understand if I never become one but im still going to help be polite stop the fighting and all i mean my ign is Gandhi so gotta follow his teachings :)

BodMaster
09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah im with you guys there are many nice people out there and many that deserve it i have never seen a guardian though i thought they were a new thing so that means there cant be many of them which makes even more harder and exclusive than i previously thought so yeah i understand if I never become one but im still going to help be polite stop the fighting and all i mean my ign is Gandhi so gotta follow his teachings :)

Very true I guess that is all we can do.. :)

Check under Redbridge name and it says Guardian of Alterra ;)

Heyyoucooll
09-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Oh congrats red on making guardian