PDA

View Full Version : No High Level Dex M/S - Intentional?

FluffNStuff
06-21-2010, 12:11 PM
I have been playing the Bow Bear for some time and have run into an issue with AO. There are no L39-40 M/S Dex based equipment. I still have my Mamboza leather with 5 M/S but I am not willing to give up 12 armor points to use that over the Scorpion Leather. I asked in town about it, and someone mentioned that was the reason they switched to STR based warrior equipment, and since I have full Thoth gear, I am considering it.
This got me thinking, because the Bow Bear needs M/S. Every 30-35 seconds, we need to initiate Iron Blood, Rage and Evade. Then there are the slashes and stomps which are important to up the DPS when close. While the Birds have mediation to restore mana, the Bears do not.
Two possible conclusion from this: 1) AO pt2 will have the M/S Dex Gear or 2) The Devs are quietly killing the Bow Bear. What are your thoughts?

tldr summary: No Dex M/S = RIP Bow Bear?

Jekyll
06-21-2010, 12:18 PM
I agree with your first conclusion because there is dex m/s gear for lvl 41/43.

Royce
06-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Well it's even worse for bowchantresses whose skills use way more mana than warrior skills. Anyway you are correct. My dex mage is currently outfitted with the mamboza leather, burglar's helm and talon (1 M/s oranges), and the horus wing to make up for some of the lost armor. It's not a good situation. I just haven't brought it up before because it pales in comparison to the ridiculous situation Int based characters are in with no AO M/s gear. Anyway I think the answer is unfortunately the same as the answer for the lack of Int M/s gear. Too bad, respec to Str or wait for AO part 2. I already have level 41/43/45 dex and int items from the Thoth line with 6 M/s, so things will improve if you can wait a month or so.

ed anger
06-21-2010, 12:22 PM
or decent 40 int m/s

or pink 40 wand dagger talon xbow or 2h

did you take those into account? dont think so.

Kraze
06-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Eh if it makes you guys feel better it looks ao2 will have some relief I've got a scorpion helm of Thoth for level 43

FluffNStuff
06-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Gonna run my Mage up to 40 and respect to a paladin. Then I can use the full Thoth and get m/s until they release some gear for the other types. Have dreamers stuff for mage, which is nice, but that 6 m/s per piece is too much to pass up.