PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, I can't play Nuri's Hallows like this!

bronislav84
09-06-2011, 11:16 AM
The Devs haven't responded in the official thread in a couple of days now, and I wanna play ASAP, so I will repost as a thread. Hopefully they will see it this way. I'm not sure if this is really a bug or an oversight, so I decided not to post it in Bugs.

Just went to Nuri towne for the first time, and this won't do. PLEASE tell me the annoying ringing sound in he background is a bug. The music is playing at the same time.

I hear this same ringing sound when in Ancient Swamp, and it makes my head/ears hurt. I gotta almost turn off all the sound. I thought it might be the sound of swamp wildlife, but for a circus it makes no sense to have a loud and annoying ringing sound.

Please can this ringing be removed from Nuri's Hallows, and tuned to not hurt people's ears in Ancient Swamp?

Is this only on Android that it's remained so long in Ancient Swamp? I'm on Android 2.3.4, using a My Touch 4g.

Navygreen
09-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Ringing? You mean like crickets and the sounds you would hear in the woods? Dosn't really seem to hurt my ears at all. I think it would seem a bit dull if there was nothing playing.... But I suppose other people's ears can be more sensitive than mine.

If these aren't the sounds you're talking about then my bad. I haven't noticed any other sound issues.

:)

Hankomachos
09-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Hey! You know the ancient swamps towne that you never see people in? Well both nuri towne and swamps towne both have those crickets and stuff. I don't think it's a bug; just "background effects". :)

bronislav84
09-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Yes it's those sounds guys. I figure I'm not the only one bothered by the Swamp sounds so people avoid it. It makes sense really. Why else would there be less people in that zone?

It really hurts my ears to play in Swamp on normal volume but I got over it because it isn't the last zone so I just turned down my sound and grit my teeth, but to spend countless hours in a last zone for god knows how long until they up the cap again, I will go mad I swear.

The thing is it doesn't even sound like carnival noise. It isn't a caliope like you'd expect. It's just outright noise with no rhythm, and the town music like you'd hear in Bale or the second town who's name escapes me right now is also playing faintly.

That's why I think it could also be a bug. They got two sets of sounds playing but one of them is deafening, annoying, and with no rhythm. It's just noise.

StompArtist
09-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Isn't there an option to turn those off?

Cahaun
09-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Its soooo hard to lvl past the 30's because people avoid the area. :rolleyes:

bronislav84
09-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Turning off all sound does not fix the deafening sound problem. It just hides the thing. I'm looking to finally bring this issue to the Devs to see if something could be done about it, since it now affects a super frequently played campaign. Where are they?

Econodeath
09-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Thats funny I thought I was alone in finding that sound a little upsetting.....
At least I know I am only 3/4 nuts.

LOL

Ellyidol
09-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Yes, I've noticed the same, both in the swamps and Nuri's.

I found it annoying at first, especially towards towns when it's more quiet (do the PvE maps have them as well?). I know it can't be the BGM because I have my 'Music' option always ticked off, I only keep the sound (SFX skills, emotes, etc).

So yes, +1 into reducing the sharpness of the sound or removing it altogether and replacing it with a more ghosty sound maybe?

bronislav84
09-07-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm gonna repost this in Bugs. Those who support doing something this bothersome sound, please post there.

I seriously haven't been to Nuri because of it. My ears just hurt. Something needs to be done.

Hankomachos
09-07-2011, 05:56 PM
You would think a circus would have circus-like music, eh? Something happy-ish. ;)

Ellyidol
09-07-2011, 05:58 PM
You would think a circus would have circus-like music, eh? Something happy-ish. ;)

It's a 'cursed' circus though, I think :p

Econodeath
09-08-2011, 08:22 AM
True it is cursed, but why should we be cursed as well.
I really can't stand those sounds either. It would be nice if more people came forward with the same feelings.
If not I guess it will stay the way it is. Oh well I just turn the sound down for now.....