PDA

View Full Version : Skill Hotkeys?

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-06-2011, 02:19 PM
While waiting for my next class on campus I found one of my friend was playing PL and noticed he plays a bird too, so I asked to check out his toon an I noticed his skill layout is alot different than mines. So I was wonder how do you map your skills and why do you do it that way? Cause I found out that his and many others skill layout is alot different than mines.

NECROREAPER
09-06-2011, 02:46 PM
This often causes a lot of controversy since people get ragged on for having a presumably 'bad' set up. That and pvpers don't like to share their secrets to success and keep their skill layouts a closely guarded secret like their pvp tactics.

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Lol wow really? Sounds kinda overkill but I guess to each their own.

Cytokinesis
09-06-2011, 04:06 PM
I've mapped Blast Shot to every hot key
lol nice but if u do that when u press one do they ALL have to recharge?

Ixillicus
09-06-2011, 04:07 PM
haha people are very secretive. You can change the layout by going to the menu, looking at your skills and you will see a button called "Map Skills to Main Display".

Honestly, it's just your preference. Whether you do them in a certain order and want it laid out that way. But you'll find that if you make a change, it takes a while for your muscle memory to get used to the new locations.

Cytokinesis
09-06-2011, 04:09 PM
But you'll find that if you make a change, it takes a while for your muscle memory to get used to the new locations.
OMG that always happens to me!

Driazsomethingiforgot
09-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Yea I was playing his and by reflex I alwas crule blast with my keys but instead of crule blast I used blind shot and thorn wall. Happened to me a few times before I gave it back.... Speaking of this I cant express how annoying SL only gives you a few hotkeys per page -_-

Trollee
09-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Speaking of this I cant express how annoying SL only gives you a few hotkeys per page -_-
+1 I MUCH prefer the pocket legends skill layout where you can map every 12 of your skills on the screen at one time. But in SL, not only can you only map 8 skills in total but you have to switch between the two groups of 4 skills which its very tedious, especially as you are doing this constantly!

Ebalere
09-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Meh, ive never had an issue with sl layout, in fact i prefer it, it makes for more varied builds. Switching pages isn't really an issue for me because my skill layout for my chars is set for 4 skills i come into battle with, and then i have time to switch over at my leisure, and finish up with my next 4. As an engi i keep my two big heals on both pages, so i dont get caught with my pants down.