PDA

View Full Version : You know what REALLY GRINDS my GEAR? All of you do it

Clodoveo
09-06-2011, 02:26 PM
When I am happy doodly putting my item in CS at cost of a usually large amount of fee and 10 seconds later SOMEONE else puts up a price about 5% LESS THAN me...so if I post a 230k item..someone puts up 228k..

And than the chain continues people keep trying to outbeat eachother

CodyBearr
09-06-2011, 02:29 PM
That's how it works

Ixillicus
09-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Yeah, that's called capitalism.

Clodoveo
09-06-2011, 02:32 PM
The point of this thread is not to sound smart or be logical but to RANT! Rawrr

RedRyder
09-06-2011, 02:35 PM
The best ones are the guys that undercut by 1-5 g lmao.

StompArtist
09-06-2011, 02:35 PM

Time for a government intervention!

I propose that one cannot outbeat someone else on even days by more than 2.473836% when the original bid was made at less than 140% cost of listing fee considering average annual income made from CS pro rated at 2% IF the person is a single account holder. For multiple account holder form PL-4823947A will have to be filed within 2 hours of a 10 hour listing and petition must be made with support@sts.com for proof of multiple account holdings. Also vanities will be excluded of said rule but subject to proportional fee equivalent and supported by consumption rate of platinum stock obtain herein.

NECROREAPER
09-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Usually if I see this I end up buying from the person closer to the top since I know that they've been under cut many times, unless the price is too good to miss since I don't have a lot of money :/

Ixillicus
09-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Usually if I see this I end up buying from the person closer to the top since I know that they've been under cut many times, unless the price is too good to miss since I don't have a lot of money :/

If it's less than 1k gold i'll definitely by the next person up. But ultimately, a cheaper price is a cheaper price.

WoundedEagle
09-06-2011, 04:32 PM
The best ones are the guys that undercut by 1-5 g lmao.
That's me.....

Cytokinesis
09-06-2011, 04:34 PM
That's me.....
lol i usually sell it 3k cheaper :/

Zeusofire
09-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I hate the people who dont even bother to undercut. They just post it at the same price. And because they posted last they are the first one.

Whirlzap
09-06-2011, 04:46 PM
It's how CS goes. Also I hate how it's organized by name alphabetical letter A first.
That way, when someone lists same price as me, I am under them because I start with Xwhirlz.
They should make it so whoever listed it earlier is on top.

Cytokinesis
09-06-2011, 04:49 PM
It's how CS goes. Also I hate how it's organized by name alphabetical letter A first.
That way, when someone lists same price as me, I am under them because I start with Xwhirlz.
They should make it so whoever listed it earlier is on top.
rlly? cause mine is the cheapest first :p

deafmaster
09-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah the guys that undercut by 1-5 gold are funny. Funnier is that i buy the item listed 5 gold more HAHA!!!! ;-)

Coltona
09-06-2011, 06:02 PM
I do hate this, but just leave it at your price, i listed an item 30 k and people kept posting for like 500 gold les, next day i came in mine was sold lol. I just laugh when it happens, but understandable since it really bugs me sometimes. What's worse is in town and someone starts asking like 10k less than what you're saying. I'm like WTF. Lol

TANKKAAR
09-06-2011, 06:04 PM
If it's a price like 20k then yes I may do 18-19k about 10% but at 230k I will typically (depending on the price I got for) go down 15% or more for a quick sale... These people you see undercutting by 1 coin on a 400k item ... That's just rude and if I'm buying I will always buy the higher price item.... Lol

Trollee
09-06-2011, 06:06 PM

Time for a government intervention!

I propose that one cannot outbeat someone else on even days by more than 2.473836% when the original bid was made at less than 140% cost of listing fee considering average annual income made from CS pro rated at 2% IF the person is a single account holder. For multiple account holder form PL-4823947A will have to be filed within 2 hours of a 10 hour listing and petition must be made with support@sts.com for proof of multiple account holdings. Also vanities will be excluded of said rule but subject to proportional fee equivalent and supported by consumption rate of platinum stock obtain herein.

Hahahaha ! Just imagine the bugs if they required to implement a system like this

krazii
09-06-2011, 09:23 PM
LoL, depends on how anxious you are to sell. I usually just wanna sell right away and am not worried about an extra few gold by undercutting, plus I feel bad if I do, so my rule of thumb is to sell at least 10% cheaper then lowest bid, usually I will sell within 3 hours.

Numb
09-06-2011, 10:34 PM
any item in sl under, and including some greens are worth less than double the amount required to list it. thats sick.

unrighteous
09-06-2011, 10:49 PM
i saw someone put 20000 for a crystalline item and someone else had put theirs at 19999. so just for the fun of it i listed the same item for 19998

Kingsyan
09-06-2011, 11:39 PM
I cant stand the wait and the competition so I usually list my item for a lot lower than the previous one.

For example I've gotten 2 Glyph drops so far.
One was lvl 60 obedience cloth which was in cs for 2.3m+ at the time, I sold for 1.5.

And sold Strongman's glyph for 350k when the next offer was 450k.

Trollee
09-07-2011, 01:21 AM
I cant stand the wait and the competition so I usually list my item for a lot lower than the previous one.

For example I've gotten 2 Glyph drops so far.
One was lvl 60 obedience cloth which was in cs for 2.3m+ at the time, I sold for 1.5.

And sold Strongman's glyph for 350k when the next offer was 450k.

Yeah I'm a lot like this too. Even though I have a good item that you know SOMEONE out there will pay a lot for, my impatience leads me to list it at a lot under the current lowest price in CS.

nayrleon
09-07-2011, 04:16 AM
this happens all the time but i normally make the next cheap post and most of the time at least 20 percent less

Arterra
09-07-2011, 04:54 AM
it is annoying to see a 5% discount ladder. that is why i just go fro 15-20%. makes for quick money, meaning that i dont crowd up previous offers for long.

...so am i just making it worse, or skipping the problem? ;P consider it a mixture. in any case, it is good for the buyer too.

Evolt
09-07-2011, 05:07 AM
One less gold is one less you have to pay, that's the pricing strategy.
For me, I usually just list items at a fixed price, no matter how players try to undercut my prices. You may try to list an item for 3 days, then you'd have a better chance of selling it even when players try to undercut your prices.

Evolt
09-07-2011, 05:18 AM
You just have to know the market price for your items and list it around that range. A simple calculation for items is taking the average of lowest 3-4 listing price.
This can only apply to common items though.

There is a bug in CS however, items sometimes get 'lost' in searches. Items listed at the same price goes by alphabetical order, by sometimes if you do broad searches with lost of pages of items, items that are suppose to be at the 'next' page get lost between the pages and does not appear on the 'next' page...this is quite hard to explain but I've noticed this problem a while ago. I often couldn't find some of my items listed, and I have 200+ slots, and this is why sometimes even my items are listed at 20-25% higher than the lowest price, my items still get sold for some reason...or maybe I offer better customer service? :)

flyingscv
09-07-2011, 05:59 AM
There are a few names which I will ABSOLUTELY not buy from no matter how cheap.. you prob know those guys too... the unsavoury merchants with a really bad reputation for exploiting others... and the super cheap ones who always undercut me by 1g in CS!! lol...