PDA

View Full Version : Should we "Reduce" the Level Cap/XP for New Players?

Hoardseeker
07-24-2016, 12:27 PM
For most of those New Players getting to Level 56 Seems like a Really Long way....When I started playing the Level Cap was 26 and it really made me excited that I could reach it fast. If it was Level 56 i would have stopped playing in few days , There are certain MMO RPG in Play store that has Level Cap of 100! And due to that reason I've never played them more than a week.

This is a little complicated but I'd suggest to reduce the Level Cap from 56 to 28...Half the Level Cap. Everyone has their level experience reduced by half.Capped Players (Level 56) will be Level 28 . Every map has their level scaling reduced and Equipments change their level requirement (i.e a Level 55&56 Equipment will be converted into Level 28 equipment )so that there will be a "Superior" and an "inferior" equipment in each level and the XP required will be the same Xp required now to reach level 28 but the Xp required from level 27 to 28 will be high as usual (like 28k xp) .

Or

I would like to see a Simple Fix where the XP Amount is Drastically Reduced . I know that there are daily quests but those quests takes same amount of time as you level up in wt4 . There may be an Upcoming expansion and level could go up to 66 which is too high for new players. This is an important issue which reduce the flow of new players . Though we Implement XP Quests , new players won't know that and most of them would leave as soon as they realise level Cap is 56 or even 66.

Zeazimeh
07-24-2016, 12:42 PM
I know people who made it to lvl 46 from lvl 1 in a week, without any xp elixirs or adventurer's kit.
If the required xp is reduced, then people will be going to shuyal in a week. There will be no time for them to collect enough gold from random drops or quests to afford a lepre.
There are daily xp quests which, imo, are more than enough to lvl up fast enough.
And lvling up is a one time thing. Its a milestone which u cannot revert (unless asking support to delevel).

Oaheuzihar
07-24-2016, 12:59 PM
I like having a high level cap. In my opinion, leveling up should be one of the main focuses in an RPG.

Avaree
07-24-2016, 01:08 PM
The xp quests are very useful. I think xp gain to cap is fine. I am currently lvlng another toon, all good :)

Elshaddoll
07-24-2016, 01:12 PM
Yes, the xp quests made leveling a lot easier. For one thing, once you have completed the storyline up to shuyal, you'll have 4k+ exp available from daily quests.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

Terminhater
07-24-2016, 01:19 PM
I hated levelling from 46 to 56 it was a long boring grind.

Croak
07-24-2016, 01:26 PM
It should be for old players who already have capped toons.

leoakre
07-24-2016, 04:33 PM
Put your big boy and girl pants on people...they already made it to easy!! I don't understand why everybody just wants things in this game handed to them. It doesn't take all that much effort to lvl up and now sts made it even easier with the platinum auto-level so we have lots of new players who never learned to run a map at all! A little effort goes a long way in this game! All the players complaining about lvling up should have been around in the earlier seasons when we weren't provided with a bunch of XP quests and actually did have to grind in full parties for days!

Now, to be quite honest, solo lvling is a pretty simple task....just put some elbow grease into those tapping fingers and thumbs!!

:)

zerofort
07-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Absolutely not you can already buy your way to 46

Ardbeg
07-24-2016, 06:12 PM
So you want new players to hit 56 over night and after that cry in in towns they get no guild or in guilds they get no party? If grinding is not your thing you re in the wrong game genre in the first place.

leoakre
07-24-2016, 06:14 PM
For most of those New Players getting to Level 56 Seems like a Really Long way....When I started playing the Level Cap was 26 and it really made me excited that I could reach it fast. If it was Level 56 i would have stopped playing in few days , There are certain MMO RPG in Play store that has Level Cap of 100! And due to that reason I've never played them more than a week.

This is a little complicated but I'd suggest to reduce the Level Cap from 56 to 28...Half the Level Cap. Everyone has their level experience reduced by half.Capped Players (Level 56) will be Level 28 . Every map has their level scaling reduced and Equipments change their level requirement (i.e a Level 55&56 Equipment will be converted into Level 28 equipment )so that there will be a "Superior" and an "inferior" equipment in each level and the XP required will be the same Xp required now to reach level 28 but the Xp required from level 27 to 28 will be high as usual (like 28k xp) .

Or

I would like to see a Simple Fix where the XP Amount is Drastically Reduced . I know that there are daily quests but those quests takes same amount of time as you level up in wt4 . There may be an Upcoming expansion and level could go up to 66 which is too high for new players. This is an important issue which reduce the flow of new players . Though we Implement XP Quests , new players won't know that and most of them would leave as soon as they realise level Cap is 56 or even 66.

I can't wait to lvl up to 106!!

Bring it on sts xD

leoakre
07-24-2016, 06:21 PM
So you want new players to hit 56 over night and after that cry in in towns they get no guild or in guilds they get no party? If grinding is not your thing you re in the wrong game genre in the first place.

Absolutely agree with you, Ard!! It's no fun to go random with players who haven't a clue what to do in whichever maps you are running. Put it this way, think of lvling up and doing all those XP map quests as the New Player University of Arcane Legends! Put your practice in so you can be a contributing member of a team.

Why I don't random ^^

Niixed
07-24-2016, 06:31 PM
Seriously? The extra daily xp quests last all the way through 56, correct? If that's the case it's easy peasy and idk why anyone would complain because it was a heck of a lot worse before

Plqgue
07-24-2016, 06:41 PM
Seriously? The extra daily xp quests last all the way through 56, correct? If that's the case it's easy peasy and idk why anyone would complain because it was a heck of a lot worse before

Because 4K extra a day and 145 xp per run in kt4 isn't enough I'm on my third toon and I'm bored as f in tombs all day

zerofort
07-24-2016, 06:48 PM
Rpg/mmorpg have always been a pain to lvl up in i consider al one of the easyer games to lvl even to 56 it dosent take long. Bud if you think it boaring as f maybe try an action game. Or better yet go play patty cake

Plqgue
07-24-2016, 06:51 PM
Rpg/mmorpg have always been a pain to lvl up in i consider al one of the easyer games to lvl even to 56 it dosent take long. Bud if you think it boaring as f maybe try an action game. Or better yet go play patty cake

Tombs all day is boring bro and it will turn new players away nobody wants to go through that especially those that can't even afford gears to run the tombs...

Vixenne
07-24-2016, 06:59 PM
You don't have to stay in Tombs tbph. I frankly run from Ashtral Tower to all Tindirin Maps, Orc maps and Gnome maps. Ya'll got a choice.

Fyrce
07-24-2016, 07:02 PM
Tombs all day is boring bro and it will turn new players away nobody wants to go through that especially those that can't even afford gears to run the tombs...Why the hell are you in tombs? Im leveling up my 3rd, 4th and 5th in zones. Its hell fast. The only thing stopping me from being faster is that I stop to play events w my mains.Sounds to me like you like tombs.

Plqgue
07-24-2016, 07:27 PM
Why the hell are you in tombs? Im leveling up my 3rd, 4th and 5th in zones. Its hell fast. The only thing stopping me from being faster is that I stop to play events w my mains.Sounds to me like you like tombs.

Lol more xp quicker ....first map under gives 250-350 takes about nine minutes I can do seven or eight kt4 runs in that time meaning I get more xp in tombs than in maps just such tedious work I can't imagine how slow it would be without good gear nekro and 15% perm and a few elixirs here and there....

Safiras
07-24-2016, 07:46 PM
Lol more xp quicker ....first map under gives 250-350 takes about nine minutes I can do seven or eight kt4 runs in that time meaning I get more xp in tombs than in maps just such tedious work I can't imagine how slow it would be without good gear nekro and 15% perm and a few elixirs here and there....

New players need gold. That gold has to come from somewhere. Not everyone plat levels to 46 then spams tombs and exp elixirs to rush to 56 then mass opens locked crates for gear and pets. There is a reason why the due process must be followed. We all learnt how to play the game by running the maps. We discovered item rarities from watching them drop from mobs and bosses. We earned our first pile of gold from doing quests and selling loot. All of that comes from running the maps, not running tombs endlessly. This is a game and people should play it like it was intended. Like someone said if you can't appreciate that then play another game.

Plqgue
07-24-2016, 08:11 PM
New players need gold. That gold has to come from somewhere. Not everyone plat levels to 46 then spams tombs and exp elixirs to rush to 56 then mass opens locked crates for gear and pets. There is a reason why the due process must be followed. We all learnt how to play the game by running the maps. We discovered item rarities from watching them drop from mobs and bosses. We earned our first pile of gold from doing quests and selling loot. All of that comes from running the maps, not running tombs endlessly. This is a game and people should play it like it was intended. Like someone said if you can't appreciate that then play another game.

Yes but who are you or zero to tell me to play another game just because I don't like mindlessly grinding for xp in tombs? And BTW I've leveled all three of mine from lvl 1 and didn't pay to ...please keep your simple minded responses to yourself

resurrected
07-24-2016, 08:20 PM
We already have XP quests and they help alot

Ardbeg
07-24-2016, 08:20 PM
Every item so far achieved in this game and all balance issues tied to its stats have to be reevaluated because you think new players don't like to play this game and should gain xp without being bothered to play it? And as for your second alternative, i don't think the xp amount needed is too high, and the current minimal effort (lvl 46 plat buy + tons of dailiy xp) is already well adapted.

Safiras
07-24-2016, 08:27 PM
Yes but who are you or zero to tell me to play another game just because I don't like mindlessly grinding for xp in tombs? And BTW I've leveled all three of mine from lvl 1 and didn't pay to ...please keep your simple minded responses to yourself

Apologies if it sounded like my post was directed at you but it was not. Was addressing everyone who thinks the only way to grind to lvl56 is tombs, when in fact there are other ways of doing so. I was stating that all new players should learn to play the game right by going through the due process of running the maps and slowly accumulating gold. Cutting corners will eventually result in a truncated learning experience and a player who arrives at lvl56 being deficient in how to play the game.

Niixed
07-24-2016, 11:37 PM
Because 4K extra a day and 145 xp per run in kt4 isn't enough I'm on my third toon and I'm bored as f in tombs all day
IC... So your game is to draw everyone into never ending drama to waste their time. For a troll, you're kinda boring. It's over bruh.

extrapayah
07-25-2016, 12:13 AM
they need too reduce it...
even worse, the large xp amount needed also reflected to pets...
have been trying to cap some of my pets... it's already way too overwhelming and mind-numbing task to do...

Plqgue
07-25-2016, 01:52 AM
IC... So your game is to draw everyone into never ending drama to waste their time. For a troll, you're kinda boring. It's over bruh.

I'm trolling because I have my opinion? Nice try kid
The xp to cap is horrible for me with gold gears and nekro I can't imagine what people
Who just picked the game up are going through

zerofort
07-25-2016, 10:25 AM
I suggested you play another game if you are boared with al

Hoardseeker
07-25-2016, 11:46 AM
Yes, the xp quests made leveling a lot easier. For one thing, once you have completed the storyline up to shuyal, you'll have 4k+ exp available from daily quests.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

You'll be almost level 36 when you reach shuyal

Hoardseeker
07-25-2016, 11:52 AM

I don't want a too much XP Reduce , Just the same amount of XP Required at least to Cap in Shuyal Expansion (Level 36)Equated to level 56, Most people who are Level 46 and above have bought platinum pack and doesn't know much about the game and most of the ones who doesn't purchase the level up kit leaves ...Reducing the XP Amount would give the players a little knowledge about the game rather than purchasing a level up kit .

Zylx
07-25-2016, 12:11 PM
What i dont understand is why there is a level up kit for the purpose of "encouraging more players to hit endgame", yet the grind from 46-56 is completely awful. Really its a false motive for newer players to buy plat.

I can imagine a player buying the lv46 kit, then reaching about a quarter to halfway thru 46 and then quitting out of frustration because they arent progressing very quickly.

zerofort
07-25-2016, 12:16 PM
I dont understand why you think new players need to be caped to enjoy game. I think the best memorys i have in game are when i was lower lvl. There are still cheap good equepment and maps u can play at lower lvls. Not aure what this obsetion with caping as fast and easly as possible exspestaly new players.

Plqgue
07-25-2016, 12:42 PM
I dont understand why you think new players need to be caped to enjoy game. I think the best memorys i have in game are when i was lower lvl. There are still cheap good equepment and maps u can play at lower lvls. Not aure what this obsetion with caping as fast and easly as possible exspestaly new players.

All new players can do is level the first ten days ....once they hit their 40s it get crazy slow meaning they have no gear no way to buy new gear/ pets and a xp grind that's 10K+ per level ....

leoakre
07-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Tombs all day is boring bro and it will turn new players away nobody wants to go through that especially those that can't even afford gears to run the tombs...

Ofc tombs are boring!! That's why I watch TV or listen to music while pveing...easy as pie tombs so no need to look much while running!!

Now put your training pants on and gogo!

XD

Oaheuzihar
07-25-2016, 02:39 PM
What i dont understand is why there is a level up kit for the purpose of "encouraging more players to hit endgame", yet the grind from 46-56 is completely awful. Really its a false motive for newer players to buy plat.

I can imagine a player buying the lv46 kit, then reaching about a quarter to halfway thru 46 and then quitting out of frustration because they arent progressing very quickly.

You know that "endgame" is generally considered to be 41-56 or 46-56 right?

leoakre
07-25-2016, 02:41 PM
I suggested you play another game if you are boared with al

Ok zero, I was gonna go find a boar to release in the tombs to chase his bored butt so he'd get a move on those xps but I see it's actually in the Urban Dictionary!

Plqgue
07-25-2016, 02:41 PM
Ofc tombs are boring!! That's why I watch TV or listen to music while pveing...easy as pie tombs so no need to look much while running!!

XD

XD
*grumbles* I'm going Leo

Zylx
07-25-2016, 03:23 PM
You know that "endgame" is generally considered to be 41-56 or 46-56 right?
No, endgame is actually "end-of-game" which describes the final content after developing your character up to the highest point, which in this case would be lv56. It's an RPG term and this is a faux RPG game.

resurrected
07-25-2016, 04:16 PM
I think they should put a button for automatically level up to 56=) many plat buyers are bored to play kraag tombs for days and days! =D
It will come... right after cap 66

leoakre
07-25-2016, 05:35 PM
It will come... right after cap 66

Wahaha hahaha!!!!

Blank119
07-25-2016, 07:02 PM
Lol leveling is very easy if you work hard for it, and one of the aspect of an rpg game is leveling this make the game interesting and make the player strive for something that will take too long not an easy life. It seems like this is your 1st time rpg game or you are an amateur , there are some rpg game that hard to lvl , some of them will take a week before you can lvl or a days and they are popular :) so im fully disagree in reducing the cap , it will make the game boring.

marsu4u
07-25-2016, 10:25 PM
I would love it if the plat auto-lvl up would be removed, it ruins the point of the game. Makes it less enjoyable

Terminhater
07-26-2016, 10:50 AM
The main aspect of a mmorpg is and should be, playing the game - in other words expansion and events, and not in a boring level grindfest. I did not find it appealing or fun. I found levelling up from 46-56 agonising even with the XP buffs, plus when you have a busy RL grind, it makes it even more tedious.

I don't know how some of you guys found it fun. I jumped up and punched the air when I eventually reached level 56. DAMN!

Melthyz
07-26-2016, 10:57 AM
The main aspect of a mmorpg is and should be, playing the game, and not in a boring level grindfest. I did not find it appealing or fun. I found levelling up from 46-56 agonising even with the XP buffs, plus when you have a busy RL grind, it makes it even more tedious.

I don't know how some of you guys found it fun. I jumped up and punched the air when I eventually reached level 56. DAMN!

I too have a busy life, but I've played other games where it took days to lvl. To me lvling from 46-56 was not that hard basically I ran the new maps over and over with random strangers for the most part. MMORGs have always been about grinding, nothing magically happens in a day. If you want some fast pace action I suggest call of duty or some other genre of games.

Terminhater
07-26-2016, 11:07 AM
I too have a busy life, but I've played other games where it took days to lvl. To me lvling from 46-56 was not that hard basically I ran the new maps over and over with random strangers for the most part. MMORGs have always been about grinding, nothing magically happens in a day. If you want some fast pace action I suggest call of duty or some other genre of games.

I too ran the new maps over and over til I got bored and still knowing I've got tons and tons more of tedious levelling up.

Mmorpg have not always been about grinding for what seems like eternity, levelling has been part of the game but not the main reason we play it. I play to enjoy the new expansion, gain new armours and weapons, fight interesting mobs and bosses. This is what I believe is the main reason of a mmorpg and not making levelling a tedious chore.

If STS says levelling is the main reason they make this game or is its core, then yeah perhaps I need to play a fast paced game.

Melthyz
07-26-2016, 11:13 AM
I too ran the new maps over and over til I got bored and still knowing I've got tons and tons more of tedious levelling up.
Mmorpg have not always been about grinding for what seems like eternity, levelling has been part of the game but not the main reason we play it. I play to enjoy the new expansion, gain new armours and weapons, fight interesting mobs and bosses. This is what I believe is the main reason of a mmorpg and not totally making levelling a grindfest.

If STS says levelling is the main reason they make this game, then yeah perhaps I need to play a fast paced game.

Well it's not all about lvling, 46-56 took me about a week and I have a full time job with a family. Don't over dramatized lvling, it's not that difficult. There is a light at the end of the tunnel it's call "Capped". Besides at what pace you want to lvl is entirely up to u.

What annoys me more than anything are people who refuses to invest time into lvling and request help over and over again. If you're not willing to invest time into ur character dun come wasting mine.

Terminhater
07-26-2016, 11:17 AM
Well it's not all about lvling, 46-56 took me about a week and I have a full time job with a family. Don't over dramatized lvling, it's not that difficult. There is a light at the end of the tunnel it's call "Capped". Besides at what pace you want to lvl is entirely up to u.

What annoys me more than anything are people who refuses to invest time into lvling and request help over and over again. If you're not willing to invest time into ur character dun come wasting mine.

There's no over dramatisation, it's called an opinion. My opinion is levelling was boring and tedious.

I have invested time, but it seems too much focus was made in making levelling a laborious task, again my opinion.

Who's wasting your time ? You chimed in disagreeing with me in a passive aggressive manner.

Melthyz
07-26-2016, 11:24 AM
There's no over dramatisation, it's called an opinion. My opinion is levelling was boring and tedious.

I have invested time, but it seems too much focus was made in making levelling a laborious task, again my opinion.

Who's wasting your time ? You chimed in disagreeing with me in a passive aggressive manner.

If it was so "laborious" why did you do it? You can make a case that running any maps for X amount of time is consider "laborious".

My last statement was not directed at u, I have received many requests to "carry" a lower lvl thru Elite Gnomish or even reqular Gnomish before. Those are the type of people I'm referring to.

Once again, I'm just disagreeing with your opinions with opinions of my own, this is after all a forum.

Terminhater
07-26-2016, 11:28 AM
If it was so "laborious" why did you do it? You can make a case that running any maps for X amount of time is consider "laborious".

My last statement was not directed at u, I have received many requests to "carry" a lower lvl thru Elite Gnomish or even reqular Gnomish before. Those are the type of people I'm referring to.

Once again, I'm just disagreeing with your opinions with opinions of my own, this is after all a forum.

To play the new expansion, one has to level up, this is why I laboriously levelled up.

Disagreeing is one thing but being passive aggressive and telling someone to go play some other game is another thing.

Melthyz
07-26-2016, 11:31 AM
To play the new expansion, one has to level up, this is why I laboriously levelled up.

Disagreeing is one thing but being passive aggressive and telling someone to go play some other game is another thing.

Well it was merely a suggestion, I didn't want to indulge you into such "laborious/tedious" actions. Some of us consider it fun part of MMORGs.

Terminhater
07-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Well it was merely a suggestion, I didn't want to indulge you into such "laborious/tedious" actions. Some of us consider it fun part of MMORGs.

Thank you, you're so kind and enjoy your future levelling endeavours.

Vvildfire
07-27-2016, 02:03 AM

XD

I think it's fundamentally wrong that you have to entertain yourself with something else while playing a game, which in itself should be fun...
There has to be something to keep new players from leveling up too quickly, but it shouldn't be just tombs (let's admit it, without tombing it would take ages to reach lvl 56) in my opinion.

Safiras
07-27-2016, 02:58 AM
I think it's fundamentally wrong that you have to entertain yourself with something else while playing a game, which in itself should be fun...
There has to be something to keep new players from leveling up too quickly, but it shouldn't be just tombs (let's admit it, without tombing it would take ages to reach lvl 56) in my opinion.

I agree with you, that the game should entertain and you should not look for other sources of entertainment while playing a game - haha writing that alone made me feel weird. I think though that the idea was to let players run the new maps and level up while standing a chance to loot highly-priced items (antignome gear). Some of my friends levelled up in the new maps, though they took a longer time to cap than most who grinded in kraag tombs. I guess the challenge here is to make the new expansion replayable enough- provide better loot or make the maps more entertaining so that levelling won't be such a drag.

Hoardseeker
07-27-2016, 08:57 AM
I agree with you, that the game should entertain and you should not look for other sources of entertainment while playing a game - haha writing that alone made me feel weird. I think though that the idea was to let players run the new maps and level up while standing a chance to loot highly-priced items (antignome gear). Some of my friends levelled up in the new maps, though they took a longer time to cap than most who grinded in kraag tombs. I guess the challenge here is to make the new expansion replayable enough- provide better loot or make the maps more entertaining so that levelling won't be such a drag.

I do agree with this.

leoakre
07-27-2016, 03:36 PM

For a normal player who doesn't care about pves thru running tombs, I'm in agreement. For a player like myself who actually has to invest alot of time and effort into the continuous repetitive running because I know it will help secure my position on the leaderboard, I find having a distraction is best!

I was not suggesting you live in the tombs, only suggesting that if you find the grinding of lvling too tedious to bare that maybe watching a show while you level up would be a help!

Please don't misconstrue a helpful suggestion!

Lvling up is such a small part of this game! Like all worthwhile things, a little effort is needed to get to the truly challenging and fun things here!

It's really not that hard.

Thanks,
Msleo

leoakre
07-27-2016, 03:42 PM

Safyboo >.>

You know me well enough to know what I meant xD

Ckash
07-27-2016, 08:46 PM
Leveling is fine, stop trying to make the game too easy.. After grinding xp, you can proudly show off your new pve kills and max level cap.

Don't think about leveling, just play maps scaled to your level. Eventually you'll max out.

Enjoy the game, stop looking for the easy ways out and hand outs...

Safiras
07-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Safyboo >.>

You know me well enough to know what I meant xD

I'm still looking Leoboo :/

jorelle26
07-28-2016, 09:50 AM
Geez. Dramasssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzz

Lets be thankful sts gave us an exp daily quest and it will only took 10-15mins. U earn like 4k+ exp dailies. Before we grind all the way to 56. Its hard but fun. When u hit 54 run in km3 random. Youll be leveling up fast then looting locks aswell.