PDA

View Full Version : New Realm Soon?

Inforblood
06-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Just got this game yesterday but from what I've read it appears there use to be two realms but then they merged into 1?
Are there any plans in motion to get that old realm back up so there's 2 again?

Reason being is I have gone through about 10 names I would normally use and they are all taken. ALL of them lol and it's strange because usually the majority of them are not...

I have two names I am using atm but I still can't think of a decent archer name. Or atleast one that isn't already taken... :(

P.S- I'm partly posting this topic just to get my post count up for sig :P

flaimdude
06-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Lol, welcome to the forums! And they merged the servers so that there would be more characters = more games on the one server. :)

Kirei
06-21-2010, 09:31 PM
and because they wanted to physicaly hurt me by destrying my beloved Fnord :( jkjkjk lurve you devs
*sobs* i miss you Fnord

Royce
06-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Fnord lives on in the hearts and minds of the rugged immigrants who were forced from that great land. One day it will rise like a phoenix from it's own ashes, and the world will be right again.

Inforblood
06-21-2010, 10:28 PM
BTW, i finally am able to do a sig! :D
Ya, i know i need a banner... Who wants to make me one? :)

Splurd
06-22-2010, 06:34 AM
Firstly, way to go off topic.

Secondly, the other Realm Died because there were not enough people on it. Everyone was focused on the first server and no one cared about the other. It was very hard to get a proper game of full people going, and it had a very big ghost town feel to it.

I dont support the creation of a new realm *unless* the server is having issues with the current load. Since we are using instanced game rooms, there is no issue about overcrowding of maps.

ed anger
06-22-2010, 09:00 AM
so legolas was taken? ;)

try using words from other languages, one of my characters is "arrow" in hindi for example.

asommers
06-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Realms support over 10k concurrent users, so it's unlikely we will see a realm opening soon. We purged deleted character names before the realm merge, but unfortunately, we still have accounts that are active, just 'unused' that we can't delete. What I'd like to do (won't make it for 1.3) is suggest character names based on what you typed in.

-ALS

Royce
06-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Everyone was focused on the first server and no one cared about the other. It was very hard to get a proper game of full people going, and it had a very big ghost town feel to it.

Not everyone Splurd. There are a number of the most hardcore PL players who got our start there and loved every minute of it. People who focused on Alterra missed out on a great experience in Fnord.