PDA

View Full Version : Joining friends' games

Trollee
09-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Often when doing runs over and over with friends, one friend is assigned to rmk (remake) the level, as many of you would know. I have many friends, and often, at the end of a level when I go into my friends list to join their newly created game I commonly join the wrong game because the friends are always "jumping" up and down.

This is because when a friend creates a new game there is a small amount of time in between creating the game that they are technically offline, this removes them from the online friends list and hence the friends below them move up into their original spot. This is even worse when you have a lot of online friends who at times are switching between games and there is always that small amount of time which they are offline and hence move the list about.

Anyway, it can be very frustrating when you accidentally join a different game as intended because (and it often happens to me) you can easily lose your spot in the group! I know that there is an obvious solution to this: have less friends! But I don't want to have to go through my friends list and delete friends just because of this annoyance.

A potential fix I would like the devs to consider is that when a person is creating a game they are not considered offline for that split second. I don't know if this would be easy or hard to implement but I think it would be worthwhile nonetheless.

Does this happen to you as well?
Post your thoughts below

Ixillicus
09-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Yeah this is an element of frustration. I don't think much can be done other than do your best. I kinda wish you could have organizable friends lists, like a "favorites" list or something, so you could look at a list with much less people, which would make this problem kinda go away.

Zaltiar
09-07-2011, 06:59 AM
ah bro, just go into the "join game" page, and write their name into the "<Game Name>" :)
then you'll always only see their game, no name jumping

Orcish
09-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Omg I hate this issue so much! Another solution wouldd be to have your friends list freeze while being viewed. It's so aggravating to have a friends list that is constantly jumping around. I have to time my selection just right and that's after going through the list.

After edit - Yeah you can use the join game feature but I have two issues with this solution.
1. This works assuming that your friend created the game.
2. We the players really shouldn't have to find a work around for something that can easily be fixed. It's kinda like owning a car but you decide to walk to the next State... Sure you can do it but why would you if you had a betters means of transport?

Zaltiar
09-07-2011, 09:33 AM
like i said in the previous post lol, just put your friends name in the game name and only his/her game will show up :)

Ellyidol
09-07-2011, 09:36 AM
ah bro, just go into the "join game" page, and write their name into the "<Game Name>" :)

Exactly. This is what I do, and it removes the friend list jumping problem.

Bigger problem is when you invite. Same thing, you want to invite a particular person but the list jumps and you accidentally invite another. What's worse is when you invite for the last slot and both want in.

JaytB
09-07-2011, 09:40 AM
like i said in the previous post lol, just put your friends name in the game name and only his/her game will show up :)

True, but I'd rather have them fix the whole jumping name thing. If you're joining friends in a town this happens too, and you can't use your work-around there. It's especially annoying if you try to join them in begfort castle, since all instances there full up in no time, with people looking for new stuff.

Anyway, it has been suggested several times to do something about these jumping lists (also by me, a fairly long time ago). We can only hope devs take notice and do something about it :)

thequickone
09-07-2011, 09:54 AM
First, I have also experienced what you describe, and totally agree something should be done to fix it. However, I have also experienced this when another of my friends logs on or off, thus bumping the friend that is in the process of rmk up or down one slot on my friend list. Not really sure what could be done, if anything, about that...

Agreed that it would be helpful if the friend list was not so "shaky". What I have done to address this is wait just a bit longer for the list to settle down. I have not accidentally joined another friend's zone for as long as I can recall. :)

Maybe a separate "Favorites" friend list could be created. Among other uses, you could also edit such a list so that your rmk'er was the only one on the list!

Navygreen
09-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Yeah this is maaaad annoying. I agree! I was just thinking about this. Please please correct this issue. I now see you can type their name into the game name field in Join Game, but it seems like more than I should have to do to just join a game. I keep joining the wrong friend. :(

Bakoffmycandy
09-07-2011, 04:23 PM
That is actually the most frustrating thing about this game. At least to me. Especially if you join in a low level friends game & they get all excited for a second until you leave as quickly as possible to get your spot back. Just a suggestion. Maybe implement a Friend or (Host) Slot at the top of your friends. You yourself would add the Friend or Host to your empty slot & BAM. No more surfing through endless amounts of friends just to find your host. They would be right at the top & woulndt move up & down =)

Orcish
09-07-2011, 04:29 PM
That is actually the most frustrating thing about this game. At least to me. Especially if you join in a low level friends game & they get all excited for a second until you leave as quickly as possible to get your spot back. Just a suggestion. Maybe implement a Friend or (Host) Slot at the top of your friends. You yourself would add the Friend or Host to your empty slot & BAM. No more surfing through endless amounts of friends just to find your host. They would be right at the top & woulndt move up & down =) Now that's a hell of an idea. I like this idea most of all!

SssoulSsshine
09-07-2011, 04:41 PM
That is actually the most frustrating thing about this game. At least to me. Especially if you join in a low level friends game & they get all excited for a second until you leave as quickly as possible to get your spot back. Just a suggestion. Maybe implement a Friend or (Host) Slot at the top of your friends. You yourself would add the Friend or Host to your empty slot & BAM. No more surfing through endless amounts of friends just to find your host. They would be right at the top & woulndt move up & down =)

SuperFriends?
WonderTwin Powers Activate?
Form of....

Bakoffmycandy
09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Put it in the Suggestion thread:hypnotysed:

Zeusofire
09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Now that's a hell of an idea. I like this idea most of all!
That is an amazing Idea. But it only fixes the issue of Joining a game. Another similar issue is Messaging or inviting through the menu. I think it would be best to have a Frozen friends list. Like the Join Game list but for your friends. You could refresh it whenever you want without the endless jumping... I have well over a thousand friends, probably over 2 or 3 and at the busiest time of day, nearly 100 are on and they are ALLWAYS joining places or logging off or logging on so it really is an issue for me.

Trollee
09-07-2011, 08:26 PM

Thanks I had never thought to do this and Il do this from now on.

But in the long term I think it would be a great idea to have a 'favourites' friend list.