PDA

View Full Version : Unable to equip gear - gear attribute issues?

nick1231
09-07-2011, 05:08 AM
Not sure what the dual spec patch has done but does all gear only equip according to base attributes??

My equips obviously add additional stats however i'm unable to equip anything above my base stats - i thought the whole point of dual speccing was to use these equipment stats to equip higher requirement gear?

My level is not an issue just base stats - can anyone advise what i'm doing wrong?

Ellyidol
09-07-2011, 05:12 AM
You're right, it used to be that gear could be equipped through total stats instead of base stats, but that's opposite of what the new dual spec system is.

Now, to equip certain gear, all you need is at least the base stat of the required stat of the gear.

In other words, boosting is no longer useful at all, everything is in your base stats.

nick1231
09-07-2011, 05:18 AM
So how do people dual spec?

Are people now just using the gear with reduced requirements to do this?

Ellyidol
09-07-2011, 06:02 AM
Still the same, split stats.

And yes, the lowered gear requirements is the key to making this all possible.

I'll use the newest 60 gear for reference, they have 140 stat requirements which means (if I use str/dex sets) that my base stats are at least 140 Str/140 Dex.

If you're confused on how to dual spec on the lower levels, don't worry. AFAIK, STS has only changed the 50+ gear requirements. They said they'll work on changing the lower level gear requirements soon.

nick1231
09-08-2011, 03:44 AM
sorry for being a bit slow - just want to confirm.

Dual spec is entirely based on split stats and using equipment with those requirements. Loadouts no longer work and the only way of equipping higher requirement gear is to re-spec your base attributes accordingly?

Ellyidol
09-08-2011, 03:48 AM
Yes, the main meaning of dual spec is being able to use two types of gear by the appropriate stats (Str gear/dex gear, etc).

Loadouts are no longer any use for dual spec-ing except for convenience. They literally just put on your armor for you, nothing more.

Everything is on the base stats. 120 req, 120 base stat needed :)

Bonnie26
09-08-2011, 05:52 AM
You said very professional,I will remember